Game-Labs Forum

I'm going to outline the reasons here on why I quit this game. Last year, the game was fun, we had fun, there was lots of action and things was easy. Now the game is difficult, time consuming and is expecting your patience to get somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't have that patience and I don't like to work, I want to play.

The reason:

1. Absence of captain mission: You can only do solo up till first lieutenant and higher is only fleet missions. I enjoyed doing a couple of these missions every day, but now the absence of solo missions higher than first lieutenant is making the game too difficult. I have to organise every time with people to do captain missions and it is too cumbersome and difficult to get everyone together. The missions also helped me with providing gold, now I get peanuts.

2. Ships: It was fun to sail with 4th rates and 3rd rates around, doing missions, chasing people away, doing PVP where firepower is needed and as a good tanky ship to absorb most of the shots. Now everyone is sailing with an indefatigable and its so difficult to make 4th rates now. I have to rely on other people and have patience to get a 4th rate and I'm fed up. I want to sail, have fun and get a stimulating experience. Now its not fun and stimulating.

3. Crafting: What the heck happened here?! Why removing the autonomy of crafters? Removing crafting xp from materials is the worst decision as it now prohibits crafters from leveling up! I had my own fun with crafting and made reasonable profits. Now I get peanuts for crafting and everything is too expensive, compared to what I get in battles! 200K to make a 5th rate, but only get 20K on average? How many battles should I do just to pay off my ship?! Then I also have to spend a heck lot of money on hull/rigging kits! The system killed crafting and all I'm doing now is supplying stone and hemp for my clan, that's it.

4. Time consuming: Last year, I could craft a ship, go out and doing missions, join some PVP and doing port battles. Didn't had to worry about ship being expensive and didn't care if got sunk as I had plentiful of other ships to have fun in. Now I'm to afraid to take out my ships. If it sink, I loose more than I gain. I have to do trading, which takes hours and then other nations can steal your loot. Trading is the most time consuming exercise in this game and it feels like work to do it. I do not want to trade, but I can't craft, and missions are too difficult to setup with other players. What am I suppose to do to get alternative source of gold without have to trade?

Over and all, this will help the devs making decisions on their development of the game and it is up to the devs to decide who they want to cater, hardcore or casuals. In my opinion, it is better to make options open for casuals, as they make up of the majority of a game playerbase. I'm just saddened the fun of the game is reduced for me and I cannot spend time on something that makes me frustrated and unhappy. The game was fun, now not so much as I lost a lot of autonomy and options to play quick and fun. The battles is the only reason why NA is fun, the OW not.

• Like 15

I can agree that it feels like the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction. At least before people dared to take a chance. That has been replaced with: "Am I certain that I will win/survive? If I'm not I won't even try."

That means that only those well equipped enough (for example speed-built and -modded ships with 5 knowledge slots, etc) or in large enough groups are the only ones who dare do something, while the others simply are afraid of losing 10 hours' worth of playtime with their ship sinking.

I understand why this change was done, but it all summed up together (like with the inability to play higher missions alone, that you mention) makes for a very punishing game experience, unless you are already the one on top.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, fransgelden said:

1. Absence of captain mission: You can only do solo up till first lieutenant and higher is only fleet missions. I enjoyed doing a couple of these missions every day, but now the absence of solo missions higher than first lieutenant is making the game too difficult. I have to organise every time with people to do captain missions and it is too cumbersome and difficult to get everyone together. The missions also helped me with providing gold, now I get peanuts.

Mission system will be reworked. We are working to provide more content. It is temporary solution.

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, sterner said:

Mission system will be reworked. We are working to provide more content. It is temporary solution.

plus one to the bold statement, both literally and figuratively.

Content is definitely needed for both PvP and PvE servers.

Another thing that would make this game enjoyable is keeping it challenging, but not frustrating or discouraging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fransgelden said:

I'm going to outline the reasons here on why I quit this game. Last year, the game was fun, we had fun, there was lots of action and things was easy. Now the game is difficult, time consuming and is expecting your patience to get somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't have that patience and I don't like to work, I want to play.

The reason:

2. Ships: It was fun to sail with 4th rates and 3rd rates around, doing missions, chasing people away, doing PVP where firepower is needed and as a good tanky ship to absorb most of the shots. Now everyone is sailing with an indefatigable and its so difficult to make 4th rates now. I have to rely on other people and have patience to get a 4th rate and I'm fed up. I want to sail, have fun and get a stimulating experience. Now its not fun and stimulating.

3. Crafting: What the heck happened here?! Why removing the autonomy of crafters? Removing crafting xp from materials is the worst decision as it now prohibits crafters from leveling up! I had my own fun with crafting and made reasonable profits. Now I get peanuts for crafting and everything is too expensive, compared to what I get in battles! 200K to make a 5th rate, but only get 20K on average? How many battles should I do just to pay off my ship?! Then I also have to spend a heck lot of money on hull/rigging kits! The system killed crafting and all I'm doing now is supplying stone and hemp for my clan, that's it.

4. Time consuming: Last year, I could craft a ship, go out and doing missions, join some PVP and doing port battles. Didn't had to worry about ship being expensive and didn't care if got sunk as I had plentiful of other ships to have fun in. Now I'm to afraid to take out my ships. If it sink, I loose more than I gain. I have to do trading, which takes hours and then other nations can steal your loot. Trading is the most time consuming exercise in this game and it feels like work to do it. I do not want to trade, but I can't craft, and missions are too difficult to setup with other players. What am I suppose to do to get alternative source of gold without have to trade?

Over and all, this will help the devs making decisions on their development of the game and it is up to the devs to decide who they want to cater, hardcore or casuals. In my opinion, it is better to make options open for casuals, as they make up of the majority of a game playerbase. I'm just saddened the fun of the game is reduced for me and I cannot spend time on something that makes me frustrated and unhappy. The game was fun, now not so much as I lost a lot of autonomy and options to play quick and fun. The battles is the only reason why NA is fun, the OW not.

Having just restarted from scratch with nothing i can totally say waaa waaaa you will not be missed.

Everything seems BASICALLY the same only it takes longer ( if it stays hard then its good) to complete.  In a few days of playing im already in a ship capable of killing other players of opportunity.  Obviously i have to be smart and pick my targets and cant be a bully like you ( sailing round in lineships for fun wtf) but i can at least play and have fun.

NOW that said, in 4 months when every asshole with a 3rd rate can teleport the entirw map and revenge fleet me like a bitch I may quit but for now everything you said seems like a spoiled kid who got his super gun taken away.

• Like 4

Not sure why there is not, somewhere, a list of what the controls do.  It's been asked why players are falling away.  There's one reason.  Play a bit, find out the controls are about as non-intuitive as possible (is this a design feature?  or just luck of the great random?) and people lose interest.

Couple that with a player base who post replies like the above, who won't consider what's said, and you begin (just begin) to see the problem.

A game's player's manual should not have to be written by the players.  I get that it's early access.  But no list, at all, anywhere, of what the controls do?  Come on -that's ridiculous!  Undeniably so.

Edited by Alistair MacKeon
  • Like 1

Honestly though, not to sound like a debby downer, but the man has a point. As much as I love this game for the realism and whatnot; its a game. If you just play this game casually, unless you're in a highly populated clan with crafters popping ships out constantly and giving them away; then yeah, its pretty shitty. I honestly prefer to play by myself on the account of a lot of clans are quite snobbish and have sticks up their ass. I'm working on going to school to be a pilot and I don't have the time to no life this game like I used to so its kinda a bit suckish. I'm not quitting the game, I'm just gonna wait and see what happens I suppose.

• Like 6

In our clan we have numerous new members doing group missions, leveling, trading, crafting and having a blast in this game. Again I recommend joining a clan and ask lots of questions from those with more experience. Make the learning curve fun, we do. 

1 hour ago, Buba Smith said:

In our clan we have numerous new members doing group missions, leveling, trading, crafting and having a blast in this game. Again I recommend joining a clan and ask lots of questions from those with more experience. Make the learning curve fun, we do. 

what clan?

There is too much grind, I agree with this guy.

You other guys who love trading, crafting, PvE, sure good for you.

Guys who exploited money at the begging.  How the hell do you dare to even come here to give your opinion?  You got your millions by exploiting, by doing nothing.  You did not test the game at all.  And I know some of you guys are laughing for this guy.  If you know I am talking from you, yes from you, you are a retard.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

There is too much grind, I agree with this guy.

You other guys who love trading, crafting, PvE, sure good for you.

Guys who exploited money at the begging.  How the hell do you dare to even come here to give your opinion?  You got your millions by exploiting, by doing nothing.  You did not test the game at all.  And I know some of you guys are laughing for this guy.  If you know I am talking from you, yes from you, you are a retard.

Grrrr, i have miss the million exploit... I have make mine without any exploit :) 

I wonder how many would read through Falcon manual nowadays.

Hell, even Command Ops 2 manual, or a thoroughly explanation of game rules like a Kriegspiel based computer game.

Or even go through all the procedures manual in any of the DCS birds.

Easy to ask for a manual that very few of us would read.

The guide makers and documentation makers of the community are eager to see release coming so they can cement all into "paper".

Doran's old manual on combat IS A MANUAL ON HOW TO CONTROL THE SHIPS in battle and is true today as it was back in the day.

Do use the Guides section of the forum.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, fransgelden said:

The reason:

[fransgelen]

Before you quit, do one thing for me. Try the rehab task I mention in "Junkie & his Dealer". Just do it. Five days is all it takes... Tell Admin and maybe the rest of us what it was like seriously... I empathize with the post, but try it before you quit...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

I wonder how many would read through Falcon manual nowadays.

Hell, even Command Ops 2 manual, or a thoroughly explanation of game rules like a Kriegspiel based computer game.

Or even go through all the procedures manual in any of the DCS birds.

Easy to ask for a manual that very few of us would read.

The guide makers and documentation makers of the community are eager to see release coming so they can cement all into "paper".

Doran's old manual on combat IS A MANUAL ON HOW TO CONTROL THE SHIPS in battle and is true today as it was back in the day.

Do use the Guides section of the forum.

[The Red Duke]

Always love your hard work fella. I think I agree with you on this, but if [ELITE] did a PDF manual and charged EUR3 for it. Would you complain? Outside content is an issue. Paid outside content also…

[ELITE] sells BOT ALT for Naval Action USD10.00 includes updates

What happens when it’s out of date? Who can a player complain too? Not games labs

What I would like is a BASIC Terms and Conditions Rule book. This you need to agree with every time its updated.

With everything in it. Not on the forum which is all over the place…

Keep up the good work fella

Norfolk

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

[fransgelen]

Before you quit, do one thing for me. Try the rehab task I mention in "Junkie & his Dealer". Just do it. Five days is all it takes... Tell Admin and maybe the rest of us what it was like seriously... I empathize with the post, but try it before you quit...

My friend, deal with the reality: this is not reality (sorry for the small calembour)

People that do not like a toy switch to another toy.

And this is the good thing about (video) games: you play what you like and you are not obliged to play the game others want you to play if you do not like it.

You ask that guy not lo leave, it's a good thing and I support you. But I'd ask also to the Devs to push ahead the announced reveamp of mission system and to make the game more casual friendly in general

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

This game is seriously unforgiving coming out of the blocks...it is extremely difficult for the average casual player....If you are not in a Clan you will not survive I'm certain of that.

I have 2880 hours in this game ... I am back a week now...and have gained virtually nothing ... okay I'm not in a Clan, by choice, ... I have a Warehouse so I can craft the exorbitant guns .. but can't coz the hardcore grind to get anything is just silly ... how much must I grind? ... I have a life outside of this game you know ... I was cruising along fairly nicely ... until I lost my free Pickle ... on my first run out ... at huge expense I fitted her with long 6 pdrs, repairs, more crew etc ... Subsequent fitting of 6pds meds or longs on a free Cutter saw immediate change in the same enemy Cutter/Privateer/Pickle you have been fighting which suddenly go into HMS Indestructible mode with guns that tear up your Basic Cutter in no time.

This combined with no/zero rewards when you sink is very very disheartening ... and that has happened to me more times than I care to mention ... an indescribable sense of waste of time and effort ...  wtf!!! ... I cannot imagine what the effects of losing a heavy frigate or higher is going to be.

How is this going to embolden players into more PVP? ... It cannot possibly ... other than the Hardcore Clan players who can throw 40 hours a week at this game!!! This game is NOT for the casual player.

I cannot see how the Devs think they are going to keep/attract newby players!!! Hardcore is hardcore ... fine ...is it really relevant here? Not so sure. I concur with what fransgelden says.

Edited by Sir William Hargood
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sir William Hargood said:

This came is seriously unforgiving coming out of the blocks...it is extremely difficult for the average casual player....If you are not in a Clan you will not survive I'm certain of that.

I have 2880 hours in this game ... I am back a week now...and have gained virtually nothing ... okay I'm not in a Clan, by choice, ... I have a Warehouse so I can craft the exorbitant guns .. but can't coz the hardcore grind to get anything is just silly ... how much must I grind? ... I have a life outside of this game you know ... I was cruising alone fairly nicely ... until I lost my free Pickle ... on my first run out ... at huge expense I fitted her with long 6 pdrs, repairs, more crew etc ... Subsequent fitting of 6pds meds or longs on a free Cutter saw immediate change in the same enemy Cutter/Privateer/Pickle you have been fighting which suddenly go into HMS Indestructible mode with guns that tear up your Basic Cutter in no time.

This combined with no/zero rewards when you sink is very very disheartening ... and that has happened to me more times than I care to mention ... an indescribable sense of waste of time and effort ...  wtf!!! ... I cannot imagine what the effects of losing a heavy frigate or higher is going to be.

How is this going to embolden players into more PVP? ... It cannot possibly ... other than the Hardcore Clan players who can throw 40 hours a week at this game!!! This game is NOT for the casual player.

I cannot see how the Devs think they are going to keep/attract newby players!!! Hardcore is hardcore ... fine ...is it really relevant here? Not so sure. I concur with what the fransgelden says.

Or when you get your first nice ship and do your first pvp battle and come outa battle and find out that 25 people teleported from thier capital to wherever you are and revenge gank you and take your new ship.

AND THIS GAME IS NOT HARDCORE!  No game with ez mode quick travel is hardcore, this game is just a time sink of repetitive motion.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1