Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for patch 10.00

admin

Captains - hot fix was deployed to live servers today

What's new

• Refits blueprints are added to the admiralty stores for pve marks and removed for drop. We do not want luck in drop to affect gameplay for captains.
  • Time to sink increased for vessels to allow a bit more space for loot pickup.
  • Gross ventre hold increased to 1900
  • War supplies pricing adjusted
  • Outposts and docks prices slightly adjusted
  • 5 new ports added for coal production for balance the distance from capitals between all nations
  • Mast hp and thickness increased for mid and top sections
  • Maintenance time moved 1hr earlier
  • Lock down before and after maintenance reduced for Global server
  • Conquest marks moved for rework and rebalance. Lineships prices are now in pvp marks

Fixed bugs and Gameplay tuning

• More problems with UI fixed
  • Fixed bug that did not allow Port battles to be set up on the Global server
  • Signaling perk removed for rework and rebalance (because it did not work as intended)
  • Swing bed and elevating screw, Sur le Canonnage a Bord, Gunnery Encyclopedia, Table of parts of Ships of War angle bonuses temporarily removed for bug fixing (they will come back)
  • Regional bots routes slightly improved
  • Labor hours for cannon production/repair production reduced by approximately 30%
  • Cool-down for armor and crew repair is now 10 mins to test combat repairs on with a wider audience (previously it was ran on testbed only). Please hold your swords on this if you want no repairs or longer cool downs. 

Discuss

• Like 33

Just now, Pablo Frias said:

Ok, you have deleted half of the changes introduced with the Wipe patch. Why?

Because there were some funny dudes abusing the shit ouf of them

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

What coal ports were added? Were other resources removed?

NOOO.... I had teh swing bed and sur le cannonnage...  :*(

its coming back once the bug is fixed

• Like 1

If you have a Swing Bed and Eldvateing screw or other mod attached are they still there and will work when fixed or where they completely removed from game for now?  I have one on one ship is why I ask.  Glad the refits aren't random drops, but still think they should be per nation for the most part (Pirates get the Pirates, brits get the brits, french get the french).

Will have to see when I get in game about the other stuff, but sounds like some good tweeks.

5 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Signaling perk removed for rework and rebalance (because it did not work as intended)

So 5 min join timer now is default? Not going back to the 2 min from before patch?

• Like 5

The cooldowns are looking good. Every 10 min, captains will repair their ships, but it will cost them a hefty price.

I do have a problem with the hull repair kits and rum being so expensive to be used for repair/crew replacement. Please consider adjusting market prices or crafting requirements. 6th rates require 5 repair kits and it cost me 800g to craft 1 repair kit if iron is 120g and oak 85g. That means I have to spend 4000g on repairing my ship every 10min and after battle, the ship can consume up to 15 repair kits which can put me down to 12K in repairs, whereas the PVE battle gave me 9K.

Just now, admin said:

nothing important was removed. 

Mmmm, what about coal? Which was supposed to be a estrategic resource? What about demasting? You have made more difficult and imho was perfectly balanced,  it gave lots of new ways of beating your enemy.

5 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

Mmmm, what about coal? Which was supposed to be a estrategic resource? What about demasting? You have made more difficult and imho was perfectly balanced,  it gave lots of new ways of beating your enemy.

i was in a basic cutter and saw a Trincomallee and Surprise jump a friendly Surprise. for the lulz i jumped in and went banzai on them. 

i watched as the Trincomallee sailed and on the first salvo dropped the Surprise mainmast. it took about 5 salvos to drop all three. that is too easy.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

You didn't loose it and still there is a need for it, but as for demasting it was like every one and there mother was doing it now compared to how it was, it's only the top and mid mast that got added HP's so it's not even like they removed it, just  made it so it takes a few more hits.

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

please dont remove repairs. tweak the cool downs but its a interesting feature atm

I kinda felt like the 15 mins was a bit to long.  I posted 12 mins would be a good number back on test bed cause I felt like 10 was a bit to fast.   We will see maybe they will find that it needs to be adjust to something between the two.

• Like 1

Good changes!

17 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Cool-down for armor and crew repair is now 10 mins to test combat repairs on with a wider audience (previously it was ran on testbed only). Please hold your swords on this if you want no repairs or longer cool downs. 

I think that 10 mins cooldown is okay if you increase the repair time. It needs about 90s on full crew atm, make it x4 so you actually have to disengage for a bit (would also make repair time upgrades viable).

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

coal still is strategic.. its just we added a little bit more options for nations that had to sail 2 hours (back and forth) to it even if they controlled it.