Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 2 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

38 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Did you try it in battle with 24 cannons in the slot?

46 minutes ago, admin said:

You cant currently install less than the max guns per deck. We wanted to see if this basic system will work first.

24 don't work.

But i install 2 on basic cutter and they work as 12.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, qw569 said:

24 don't work.

But i install 2 on basic cutter and they work as 12.

Yes, just noticed that too. First equipped all cannons regularly on my trinc, then once equipp I splitted them so only one was remaining per slot.
In battle I still got full cannons.

3FB962350163F981505C0F48A8699BB23EC3CC38
61EC0F050B26A13E066A232BC138B4639AAB95DA

• Like 2

so far not much of a fan of this teleport deduction. Smaller segregated nations, such as the Verenigde Provincien (Nederlande), will stay small because who really wants to sail for 2 hours between ports to get to action. You got the Naval part down. but the Action part is very lacking when it takes so much longer to get anywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

so far not much of a fan of this teleport deduction. Smaller segregated nations, such as the Verenigde Provincien (Nederlande), will stay small because who really wants to sail for 2 hours between ports to get to action. You got the Naval part down. but the Action part is very lacking when it takes so much longer to get anywhere. 

We may never see each other in battle again...well unless I roll my Dane French like I'm thinking to play Nat on that side of the world....than I'll find you OneEye and I'll get you....>INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER<  Well maybe not...lol

I think we are going to see a lot more clan based control of area's than nations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Maybe set up a main outpost at a VP port that is on the edge of the VP/France waters (not in game now so I may be wrong if France isn't your neighbor)? Then it shouldn't take too long to find an enemy. Or do defensive runs around your home waters as privateers don't mind the sail.  

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

We may never see each other in battle again...well unless I roll my Dane French like I'm thinking to play Nat on that side of the world....than I'll find you OneEye and I'll get you....>INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER<  Well maybe not...lol

I think we are going to see a lot more clan based control of area's than nations.

If you make the 2 hour sail from your dane capital to ours, ill fight ya haha. But yea, more clan based control for nations that run like that. eye roll at every other nation. ew. 

1 minute ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Maybe set up a main outpost at a VP port that is on the edge of the VP/France waters (not in game now so I may be wrong if France isn't your neighbor)? Then it shouldn't take too long to find an enemy. 

they become our neighbors pretty quickly, once we take spanish ports, but meh, last i heard they had 40 something rolling french, no point in fighting 14v40 lmao I really wish the devs would rename us to just "Dutch" no one knows what the hell Verenigde Provincien is, like who cares about United Provinces? Is that like the US? lmao :mellow: :lol:

2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I praise the moves. It is a nice return some of my fondest moments in this game.

must not have been too fond since we both quit for several months lmao My fondest moments were of getting lost without a compass and no map grids, that was great. Trying to land in Cuba, and ending up off the map. ha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

must not have been too fond since we both quit for several months lmao My fondest moments were of getting lost without a compass and no map grids, that was great. Trying to land in Cuba, and ending up off the map. ha

Yeah I quit for a while soon after the last two other individuals quit after being aggravaited with GB leadership moves that were idiotically costly and the failure of fine woods. I continued to pop in off and on but mostly to maintain my bank. 

Loved not having grid or coordinates. Head to Bonacca ended up in gulf of mexico.

• Like 1

Cannons will be valueable now, that means its worth it to store them in the warehouse. Problem is all those cannons will take a lot of spaces and the warehouse was full before already.

Will the crafting costs be lowered? Frigates for example still need the same amount of materials as if they were 5 dura ships...

On a sidenote: These changes are so massive, please take your time to do all this. At this point it doesnt really matter if it takes a week longer, but if there are massive exploits/bugs post wipe it will be really bad.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I will make the L'Ocean go 15 knots, that's going to be my new OW PvP ship.

:lol::lol:

Seriously though, on PvP2 I have an Ocean doing 12.7 with the maximum cannon loadout. :ph34r: I can squeeze about 13 or so out of her if I fit her out machine gun style (9pdrs & 6pdrs). I rather doubt you'll get one much faster unless you can stack pirate refit, Gazelle Figurehead, Copper, Studding, and maybe some other speed mods.

I'll say this: speed-fit L' Ocean is fun to play around with, but takes almost 2 minutes to accelerate and barley makes 4 knots upwind--so not really going to catch much if it goes upwind. That being said...a broadside of chain from that monster is devastating to a frigate's speed.

2 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I praise the moves. It is a nice return some of my fondest moments in this game.

I actually agree after all my grumblings from earlier. I discussed it with some other folks and in the end I support most of the changes happening now.

8 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

Here are the patch notes for the forthcoming patch for testbed.

• Guns are now sold in units (not in decks). Blueprints for gun forging and drilling will be added next week.  Medium guns will be available from NPCs by capture, long and carronades will be only player crafted.
    • Warning – basic guns are not sold in ports (not yet). To get basic guns (if you started or have a new rookie character) just sell your basic cutter and buy a new one – it will be provided with a set of guns.

OMG YES!!!!!! 

Please allow us to customize guns, ie add range for accuracy or add accuracy at the cost of reload. 

Also maybe require a foundry for crafting them?? 

Edited by Daguse

32 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

they changed it so we don't know and I don't feel like grinding ships again in a day or two so I'll take my time.

If it changes every week then might not be worth it.

Slogging out the basic cutter now lol..

4 minutes ago, FieryCross said:

If it changes every week then might not be worth it.

Slogging out the basic cutter now lol..

Yah I'm not going to do the major grinds like I did yesterday to get from to the suprise unlocked and such. Figure what it's like and I'll just let it test it self.  Been running around in a frigate though.

8 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Do we still have the bug with fleet ships disappearing in BRS when you capture a ship? 

Just had the same thing happen to me.  I noticed the captured ship after I put crew on it took the name of my fleet ship.  I wonder if that is what happening it thinks it's the same ships and than bugs out and you get nothing.  So just F11 but lost both the Merc I had in the fleet and the LVG I capture.  OH and 461 food supplies was it's cargo...>CRAP<  Nothing but crap from the traders and it's buggy as hell and we don't even get XP for all the time. I love how they have Marines, and high firepower (so prob Barricades and other mods like before) so we loose more crew than we should cause we can't have any of those mods until our ship gets unlocked but we get crap for xp or even cargo.     FIX YOUR FREAKING TRADERS.  It was historically a means Privateer and Pirates made money but I can't make crap and have to grind fleets to death or make extreme cargo runs of goods (which you limited this patch) or I go broke. 

1 minute ago, Chetamista Noud said:

@admin  Did a fix for the 4th rate regions not getting the proper spawn rate get implemented?

Prob not, I have been hardly seeing any fleets out.  Hell a few 6th rates and a few traders and a rare 4th rate fleet, just not enough to grind any xp or credits out right now it seems and this is with a very low player base for testing.