Game-Labs Forum

Current Ships in Development Update?

Investment you say! If you invest in anything there needs to be a product in development, with a time line for completion (must be achievable) unless your investing in a service. Kick-starter is clever because the owner of the kick-starter has no obligation to those who paid to complete work...

Edited by monk33y

11 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Side note.

WHY did this become a thing.

Let me pay you for unfinished products in hopes that one day you will finally deliver a finished product?  

Maybe because I am not some Millennial or a hipster, or I have worked in the automotive industry for nearly 20 years.   But in my world you dont get paid for unfinished work.

Are you just ranting about Kickstarter and hipsters in general?

Because the game's lineup of ships is essentially finished. There are already far more ships than were initially promised, and Kickstarters are not supposed to 'finish' the lineup. They are extras.

You work in the automotive industry, so you have probably noticed that if you want accessories in a car, you pay extra for them. By NA's standards, your industry is the worst offender.

• Like 1

Hey there,

How many ships do you want to develop in the game? Have you a target of a number of ships in game (60-70ships?) or is there an open end?

I am looking forward that we get more and more ships^^ Maybe every month a new ship in the future(fiction)? ;P

3 hours ago, admin said:

recoil was present in game during early testing. Because of huge number of draw calls in large battles it was switch off. recoil ruins FPS when there are 5000 cannons in battle (25 v 25 100 gunners)

Yeah I heard about this. But surely by now there must be a way around this to avoid the FPS bottleneck of having this feature...

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

But those accessories are already completed products on their own, not vaporware waiting to be made if only someone gives them money.  

Really? Gee, I think I'll go out and buy some power windows separately from the Jeep I don't own.

Nothing gets made without someone coughing up money in advance.

2 minutes ago, Jean Pual Vilvenue said:

[about cannon recoil] Yeah I heard about this. But surely by now there must be a way around this to avoid the FPS bottleneck of having this feature...

It has been stated that it might be implemented later in the future as an option.

It's not possible to have this without impacting the fps, unless it is limited, that is restricted to only the player ship as has been proposed by someone, but i do not know about how feasible/how much work it is, sounds like a hell of a lot. Anyhow there are already existing threads for it so better to just update them instead of creating new ones so as to keep it all easy to search throught.

4 hours ago, admin said:

We want to add xebecs (1-2) but it will all depend on other factors. 

I am glad you have a couple of models ready, but could you possibly only add them with Raids. They will fit well with that content for Pirates. I also, believe that these Xebecs will be very popular among Pirates.

Edited by Ned Low

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

But that Jeep is already made, and is a finished product waiting to be sold.   Not a bunch of nothing waiting to be created.  Out of the 576 new vehicles on my lot, and the 300 used units, I can tell you now, that I have access to over 10k more vehicles through the FCA vehicle database and dealership network.   The vehicle you are paying for IS already made. 

Vehicle = game with more ships than promised

Power windows = extra ships (Both are worthless without the base product)

Most new products never see the light of day without an investor or a loan taken out by the business. Kickstarter replaces this part of the process.

But I know. Hipsters/millenials = bad

24 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

I am glad you have a couple of models ready, but could you possibly only add them with Raids. They will fit well with that content for Pirates. I also, believe that these Xebecs will be very popular among Pirates.

They will be popular by me xD

Hope they are with latin sails and not with rahsails (dont know if its "rah" in english^^)

• Like 1

Even the new Demon all 800+hp of that car, which is JUST entering production, they are not accepting payments for the vehicle yet, because they havent set a price yet.  You can reserve your model NOW for a down payment, but you sign a contract with FCA, stating they WILL deliver the vehicle when it is built.   Failure to do so will mean they (FCA) will refund the amount you paid down PLUS interest in full.  

The venture capitalist doesn't get crap if a venture (e.g. Tesla) fails. The bank that lent the money to fund a new product or service can get stuck with the bill after bankruptcy.

If you're really married to this 'videogames as heavy industry' analogy, I have some Certified Curmudgeon stickers I can mail to you.

You get no such contract with a kickstarter on some vaporware.

The word 'Vaporware' is a value judgement. Do you really think GameLabs can't deliver a pack of ships? It's the content they're proven to be best at.

If you apply 'Vaporware' to everything that isn't finished, created or delivered yet, you're just uncomfortable with 75% of American economic activity. 

They will be popular by me xD

Hope they are with latin sails and not with rahsails (dont know if its "rah" in english^^)

Not sure what you mean. Can you link a picture of "rah" sails?

• Like 1

@Hodo nobody forces you to spend money on a kickstarter campaign if you don't want. 

You know freedom of choice.

So instead of expressing your feelings that are seemed to cause by a game that is not like how YOU want it just calm down. If you don't want it just don't pay.

I just hoped to show interest to additional ships in the future. Because not a while ago the kickstarter campaign got screamed down by a bunch of selfish people that doesn't wanted US ships which includes the coni remodeling first. And I fear that because of this people and all the shit talk we will never get additional ships. And at least my opinion is ships are content because we are playing a sailing game.  And with the Arena game  in mind ships are even more content.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Wow you really got all butt hurt over my hate on kickstarter.   For that, I would say I am sorry, but that would be a lie, as I dont really care.   I am not at all excited about anything in this discussion just countering Malturins dribble with facts.    As for paying kickstarter or gofundme or what ever current scam site people are using now, to pay for products that are not contractually obligated to complete is what bothers me.

Why would I pledge money to a company that is not legally obligated to give me what I have given money towards.   Sorry but it is to easy to get burned on the internet with all these "Gofundme", "Kickstarter", and other such things.  Show me something I want that is finished, and I will give you money for it.   Simple as that.  

Old saying....

c1a4af5d56fb29c8b0aa896a3e1e0fd3.jpg

Very true. I think our trust in them is not what it used to be. 

Edited by Ned Low

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Why would I pledge money to a company that is not legally obligated to give me what I have given money towards.   Sorry but it is to easy to get burned on the internet with all these "Gofundme", "Kickstarter", and other such things.  Show me something I want that is finished, and I will give you money for it.   Simple as that.  

I know in the past you specifically told me you enjoy trolling, and are fine to take your lumps when you deserve them.  But on this one, you seem genuinely upset instead of trolling.

I'm not sure why you're upset.  New vessels cost money.  They've already delivered on what was promised.  Honestly, you're reacting to a Kickstarter for more stuff the same way people react to their political opposites.

The quoted text is particularly confusing in light of the fact that you're in an early access game.

So I'm just not sure where your frothing vitriol is coming from.  Is it man buns?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

recoil was present in game during early testing. Because of huge number of draw calls in large battles it was switch off. recoil ruins FPS when there are 5000 cannons in battle (25 v 25 100 gunners)

Yah I get all that cause until things get optimized we take a big hit in port battles.  Now what I would love to see and it's just a graphical thing.  SHUT THE DANG GUN PORTS WHILE IN OW.  I don't know why this drives me crazy, but it's just an art thing  cause I'm sure you have different models for OW and in battles.  Just design the OW model to have them shut.

10 hours ago, admin said:

We want to add xebecs (1-2) but it will all depend on other factors. 

Would be nice to see some, but I don't expect this until some time after release.   One could be for the general public and than would be cool if we got a pirate refit of that same ship just for pirates....hint hint....lol

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Wow you really got all butt hurt over my hate on kickstarter.   For that, I would say I am sorry, but that would be a lie, as I dont really care.   I am not at all excited about anything in this discussion just countering Malturins dribble with facts.    As for paying kickstarter or gofundme or what ever current scam site people are using now, to pay for products that are not contractually obligated to complete is what bothers me.

Old saying....

c1a4af5d56fb29c8b0aa896a3e1e0fd3.jpg

While I never do gofundme's other than if some one I know needs the money cause of medical or death in the family.   I done a few kickstarters and gotten some pretty nifty rewards out of them.  Never spent more than say 20-60 bucks which is easy a small bar tab for me at the time when I was working all the time.   Just like anything in life you have to know what to invest in and not every thing is going to give a return.  I had one kickstarter we actually put up a class act suit against cause every thing was complete BS. I didn't worry about it cause it was 20 bucks.   So defently do your research are like when you go to Vegas, "only play with what your willing to loose." With that mind set I have all ways walked away from a table with either broke even or 2-5 times what I started with.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Lmao hodo, why are you bitching about how other people might spend their money and using that to trash the devs? You already got your point across that you wouldn't pay, why act like a snowflake and get triggered about other people potentially doing it?

22 hours ago, Captain146 said:

Quality over quantity is the way to go now, we have plenty of ships to be getting on with esp with the new patch mechanics giving ship xp.

Plenty of ships ? Dude there is 1 3rd rate, 1 superior 2nd rate the bucentaure, and only 3, but very well balanced 1st rates. This is not at all enough !!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Exactly.

If they were completed products available for purchase I wouldnt have a problem with buying them if I wanted them.

But that's boring AND risky, you can make a lot of money faster scalping on emotions with pretty pictures, trailers and by selling dreams.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thanks the devs for the making the ships so beautiful despite some are ugly and for the amount of ships we have. I believe the rigging on de Endymoin is gorgeous. I have had the priveledge to sail the LGV, surp and indiaman. And they are fantastic in their own ways but the indiaman needs a little bit of help. 

I want to know something despite shipbuilding by the devs have stopped. Can we expect a proper Dutch ship any time soon?