Game-Labs Forum

Keyboard Shortcuts List

Destraex

I would add to this that to reset any gun battery to it's default position (such as broadsides to 90 degrees port and starboard, chasers straight forward and aft), aim your camera at said battery and, without entering aiming mode, hold down left mouse button. You will see the water highlighted with your current aim point. Continue holding down the left mouse button will swing your guns to default positions.

Also useful to tap the left mouse button to see what direction your guns are currently trained in.

Is there any possibility to achieve this in a config file for example, being as there is no option to reverse axis at this time.

Thanks for any advice or info you may be able to offer.

I vote for a way to invert the mouse.   For some reason my mind works backwards from normal game input.  I struggle to aim the guns constantly raising when I needed to lower.

• Like 1

Jump   Joystick Button 3 !!!!!? :)

The mind boggles.

Yes ... Jump, for some unknown reason.

As for the spell check if it's for me , I'm sorry English is not my native language, so there might be some typos :P

Still trying to figure out how to get the single shot canon working with left click for now, maybe i missed something but for now i can't get it to work  :/

Fun fact, (as an indie developer that uses unity) the reason it is called jump is because Unity provides it's own Input manager that provides default ones as well as the ability to add/remove new ones and full customization over it. One of the default buttons used for recognizing input is spacebar and is named Jump since that is typically what it's used for. It's this Input Manager that allows control customization because the other way to check for input is literally hardcoding specific keys that CAN'T be changed without editing the script file itself. It's strange that the devs haven't changed the control names because it's literally just one of the text fields labeled "Name". But yeah anyway Unity's built in input manager is why it's called Jump. Because then to check for that input, in the code you just do:

if(Input.GetButton("Jump")) {
    //fire single shot code
}

//That other way of hardcoding is done by
if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.Space)) {
    //fire single shot code
}

//but that would result in a hardcoded key that isn't changeable x__x

(There's also GetButtonDown, GetKeyDown, GetButtonUp and GetKeyUp used to force the user to press the key each time rather than just hold it, but this is now turning in to a coding lesson which shouldn't be happening :P) It's called Jump because the devs just haven't renamed the different Input fields ;). Also please help me understand the situation. Are you trying to rebind keys?? You can do that by double clicking each control in the input tab before starting the game.

You already knew that? Ok I figured as much, then that must mean the issue is that you're changing it but it won't work? I'd love to be able to help, but I'm just a little confused is all lol

Thanks for the infos BBrown, 

yes as having a AZERTY layout keyboard i changed a lot of key-binds to fit this layout, where i struggled is to invert the cannons firing keys, instead of space for single shot and left click for full salvo by default i wanted left click for single shot and space for full salvo.

Inverting in the launcher the controls inputs ( replacing anything " space " by "left click" , and everything " left click " by "space" had the full salvo working with space but no way to get the single shot on left click, same thing when inverting all the entries in the window registry directly, or even adding left click to all jump regkeys etc and other where space was the value ...

I know about some of the other additional keybinds not listed, they start to appear in the windows registry and in the launcher input settings when you start to change some others inputs in the launcher but for some reasons i can't get the left mouse button to be binded to the single shot and can't find the correct regkey associated with this if there is one outside the "jump" or "posjump_" ," negjump_" etc, with those I tried all possibilities i could in the launcher and windows registry by manual editing and couldn't get this to work as i wanted, so i guess it's probably hard coded or linked to something else i couldn't figure out .

I vote for a way to invert the mouse.   For some reason my mind works backwards from normal game input.  I struggle to aim the guns constantly raising when I needed to lower.

One of the most requested features.. Will definitely be implemented in the near future. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the infos BBrown, 

yes as having a AZERTY layout keyboard i changed a lot of key-binds to fit this layout, where i struggled is to invert the cannons firing keys, instead of space for single shot and left click for full salvo by default i wanted left click for single shot and space for full salvo.

Inverting in the launcher the controls inputs ( replacing anything " space " by "left click" , and everything " left click " by "space" had the full salvo working with space but no way to get the single shot on left click, same thing when inverting all the entries in the window registry directly, or even adding left click to all jump regkeys etc and other where space was the value ...

I know about some of the other additional keybinds not listed, they start to appear in the windows registry and in the launcher input settings when you start to change some others inputs in the launcher but for some reasons i can't get the left mouse button to be binded to the single shot and can't find the correct regkey associated with this if there is one outside the "jump" or "posjump_" ," negjump_" etc, with those I tried all possibilities i could in the launcher and windows registry by manual editing and couldn't get this to work as i wanted, so i guess it's probably hard coded or linked to something else i couldn't figure out .

Oh alright, I see what you're saying. Wow that is a really strange issue. I'll have to give it a try myself and see if I can reproduce your results. Admin, do you happen to have any information as to why the left mouse button seemingly cannot be used as the single shot button?

Hello all, 

Using a AZERTY layout keyboard i had to switch some controls , then i wanted to switch the aim single shot canon and full broadside shot, shooting one single shot using the mouse left click and full broadside using the space-bar feel more intuitive to me so i turned everything in the launcher input settings having "space" as command into "left click" , and everything having left click set to space ....

Result is i get the full broadside canons working when pressing space but not anymore the single canon shot, it doesn't work with the left mouse click like i wanted, tried to invert the inputs in the launcher to restore how they were before but still not working in game.

After struggling a bit to find where was stored the keybinds it appears that they are directly registered inside the windows registry, at this key :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\Naval Action] 

Made a backup of my game using the steam tool for this, then un-instaled it, deleted manually the registry key and then installed the game again using the backup and it restored the defaults input settings.

In case someone need the default settings, i leave them here, might help someone in the future  : 

136752Default.png

Now i would like to know which is the exact registry entry for the single canon shot please , no matter if i have to manually add it or edit the control associated to it in the windows registry.

69851620141227023353cr.png

Having to make a pve match each time to test the changes is not really the easy way, so if a Dev can tell me what is the exact registry entry for the single shot of canons so i can add it or edit it manually in registry please ( unless it is hard coded maybe ? ) 

Thanks in advance.

Were you ever able to make the switch?   I did the very same thing you did and my ranging fire doesn't work any more.    So I'll be reading your fix very carefully (I'm not at my game PC).

Edit:  Got it... went to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\Naval Action]

and changed them back.   Thanks!!!

I should say, back to Broadside =Left Mouse Click, ranging shot=space.    But I would like to switch that.

Did you play a lot of games in the early 90s? It was pretty common then.

Yeah... sure did.  No idea why I have it wrong in my head, but I can actually get sea sick because of it.   Ironic huh?

Out-side pan view doesn't seem to bother me, but aiming... forget it.

I have not read the thread in its entirety, but please may I recommend that when I hit "enter" after using chat box that it takes me back to normal game play. . Meaning no need to hit ESC... And the Eventual keyboard pounding that occurs when I cannot understand why I am either STILL turning or cannot turn at all :)

Were you ever able to make the switch?   I did the very same thing you did and my ranging fire doesn't work any more.    So I'll be reading your fix very carefully (I'm not at my game PC).

Edit:  Got it... went to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\Naval Action]

and changed them back.   Thanks!!!

I should say, back to Broadside =Left Mouse Click, ranging shot=space.    But I would like to switch that.

Done many tries and can't get it to work so i assume the left mouse click is either hard coded or some additional settings are not displayed in the input settings or in the regkeys, unless one of the Dev's give us some tips on this i returned to default keybinds for firing :/ 

Done many tries and can't get it to work so i assume the left mouse click is either hard coded or some additional settings are not displayed in the input settings or in the regkeys, unless one of the Dev's give us some tips on this i returned to default keybinds for firing :/ 

It must be somehow affected (not hardcoded) because you can cause it not to work.

I agree... the devs need to weigh in.

Any body got a link to a list of keys for this game! Got it yesterday! community in battle were fantastic on answering my questions. But i should know the keys before i sail. Done a goggle surch but come up blank.

At developers.. If you added a PDF or something to the web page with this info that would be great

• Like 1

One of the most requested features.. Will definitely be implemented in the near future. 

thumbsup.gif for this.

I am a left handed mouse user and have a lot of trouble using the azerty (French) area of the keyboard, I use the arrow key side of the keyboard in all games, as do many others.

The possibility to re-bind/map all keys would be greatly appreciated.

I am saved at this stage of development by mapping most of the basics (sail up/down for example) to my G5 gaming mouse.

Thank you.

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif for this.

I am a left handed mouse user and have a lot of trouble using the azerty (French) area of the keyboard, I use the arrow key side of the keyboard in all games, as do many others.

The possibility to re-bind/map all keys would be greatly appreciated.

I am saved at this stage of development by mapping most of the basics (sail up/down for example) to my G5 gaming mouse.

Thank you.

Every game I've ever played I remapped the keys to the main arrow keys.  I've never understood the A-D-W-S setup, except all keyboards have the letters and maybe not the arrows.