Game-Labs Forum

Hot fix - battle entry times

admin

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix will be deployed tomorrow to live servers. 

Battles will be open for entry for 5 mins to provide more enjoyable battle experience for groups of friends. 

@admin With the changes to battle timers. Can you commit to fixing/changing the lock out timer to allow the US based players to participate in PBs during their prime time 9pm - 1am EST (1am - 5am GMT). If not can you please elaborate?

Edited by Daguse

Interesting to see this issue coming up again.  We had this in the past, and it was a gankfest.  The timer was reduced for good reason.  If you want to fight with friends, then travel with them.  Unless the port log out changes with it, then this will be crappy for anyone who hates unseen gank squads appearing out of nowhere.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, Daguse said:

@admin With the to battle timers. Can you commit to fixing/changing the lock out timer to allow the US based players to participate in PBs during their prime time 9pm - 1am EST (1am - 5am GMT). If not can you please elaborate?

ignore the timers for some time. We plan to move the maintenance for both servers (it must be at the same time) to give more options to US prime time based on the 1 year of online data and prime times

• Like 4

How are we going to prevent people hiding out in ports to gank?  (This was one of the key issues.)

Would it be possible to just use the 1 minute timer?  After all, the goal was, "What you see is what you get," and a 5 minute sail means you're NOT sailing "with" your friends.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Chustler said:

Interesting to see this issue coming up again.  We had this in the past, and it was a gankfest.  The timer was reduced for good reason.  If you want to fight with friends, then travel with them.  Unless the port log out changes with it, then this will be crappy for anyone who hates unseen gank squads appearing out of nowhere.

I'm with Chustler on this one. 100%. 

Terrible decision admin... :(

Insta Closing battles/2 minute timers is the best we ever had. Combine it with the Signalling Perk which enables people to reinforce their friends who are outnumbered and we have a close to perfect system... 

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, admin said:

ignore the timers for some time. We plan to move the maintenance for both servers (it must be at the same time) to give more options to US prime time based on the 1 year of online data and prime times

Thank you. If I understand you correctly, the maintenance window will be moved to help accommodate the US player base joining PBs?  

23 hours ago, admin said:

go go lose your ships in large evolving battles! Right now 5 min is a perfect feature for pre-wipe festivities
timer will be updated later to 2-3 mins, because insta-close is a horrible feature.. ruining social fabric in front of your eyes.

And you didn't think that it would be wise to include this information in your announcement?

Either you are back peddling another half baked idea due to the responses from the community, or you yet again have failed to provide clear and concise information. Whether it be the first or the latter, it only illustrates a big problem that has dissuaded so many from continuing to play this game.

Edited by Eldberg
  • Like 3

I'm with chustler and shelby on this. Why change a mechanic that worked perfectly and how it should. We all know why it was changed from 10min to 5min to 2min, to counter all the ganking and port ganking(tag someone at a port then all your buddies hops out of port and joins the battle, Easy gank). So why bring this back when we all know why the 5min+ timers are bad for pvp.

• Like 22

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix will be deployed tomorrow to live servers. 

Battles will be open for entry for 5 mins to provide more enjoyable battle experience for groups of friends. 

Will you keep the equal BR limit from the signaling perk? Meaning you can't join a battle during the 5 minute timer if the BR are already balanced?

Hmmm... As Chustler, Tommy, Hethwill, Manuva, SeaWolf etc. pointed out, we've already been thru this and 1 or 2 minutes seemed to be the maximum we should get to avoid all sort of "unfun" behaviors and abuses. Havent had time to sail mutch lately but unless I missed something really big, I dont understand why going back to longer timers ?

Edited by Kair
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I'm with Chustler on this one. 100%. 

Terrible decision admin... :(

Insta Closing battles/2 minute timers is the best we ever had. Combine it with the Signalling Perk which enables people to reinforce their friends who are outnumbered and we have a close to perfect system... 

go go lose your ships in large evolving battles! Right now 5 min is a perfect feature for pre-wipe festivities
timer will be updated later to 2-3 mins, because insta-close is a horrible feature.. ruining social fabric in front of your eyes.

• Like 14

Seems like we have finally gone full circle.

What was the point of testing it and then reaching a conclusion if it is just going to be tossed in the trash bin? It's sad to see that this is the direction the game is going.

Well, have fun all of you gankers out there!

• Like 9

Just now, admin said:

go go lose your ships in large evolving battles!
timer will be updated later

Timer will be updated later? 
So your saying 5 minute timers is temporary and we will go back to what we have now? 

Also, you know me. I dont want large evolving battles..... I want small skirmish battles with relatively even odds where, when i attack someone, i know what i'll be fighting. 

• Like 9

5mins is too long.  Bring back the 2min timers.  

I see Admin's point I guess.  Trying to make OW content fun for the next couple of weeks before massive nuke to the game goes off.  

The only timer that needs to be fixed currently is the one where you can log in and immediately join a port battle 20 seconds later.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Timer will be updated later? 
So your saying 5 minute timers is temporary and we will go back to what we have now? 

Also, you know me. I dont want large evolving battles..... I want small skirmish battles with relatively even odds where, when i attack someone, i know what i'll be fighting. 

But spending 5 mins calling for help is fun!