Game-Labs Forum

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

9 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

on PvP2 you actually find less PvP around the capitals and none in the vent zone unless you tell players to go there. Of course currently on PvP1 the event zone and capital areas are where PvP happens. You just have a lot of players hiding on PvP2 :P

You know it's sad when the Pirates have actually taking LVG's and parked them in front of the Capitals of both US and Brits in side the green zone and still no one would come out and attack them.  Hell we had them full of loot too and announced it in global.   I got a sneaky feeling a lot of these guys from PvP2 are going to be in the "SAFE ZONE"  You know since they only like to PvP when they out number every one...lol

20 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

on PvP2 you actually find less PvP around the capitals and none in the vent zone unless you tell players to go there. Of course currently on PvP1 the event zone and capital areas are where PvP happens. You just have a lot of players hiding on PvP2 :P

Jeah it also declined on PvP1 because you had to craft in specific regions. But after the next patch everyone will be crafting at the capitals again, so hopefully that brings more action back.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Blue Tooth said:

You need a girl...mate.

That is what happens when you have no sink for your resources....as in if no one ever gets sunk you have no reason to be using any of your resources so you just stock pile them.  I'll be honest mine at one time looked very much like that  and I know a few clan mates that does.   Other than small ships I haven't been sunk in any ship that wasn't a captured SOL or some Note trash ship.

7 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Jeah it also declined on PvP1 because you had to craft in specific regions. But after the next patch everyone will be crafting at the capitals again, so hopefully that brings more action back.

I never crafted at the capital, it was way to busy for me.  Though I do know what freetown I'll be returning back to doing my ship building once more.    Lets just say it's no where near Kidds my current ship building port for most ships lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

The new system, as described is that we have to buy PBs from admiralty.  So, an alternative solution would be to keep nations from buying PBs from Free Ports.  Even them with PvE areas, I think we should reduce the number of free ports a bit - as a means of promoting more of front line RvR game.

20 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

sweet,lets test it out

They said the patch won't be before two weeks from notice but within the next 30 days.  Well uh it's been almost a week all ready so we should get test server soon...hopefully?  Maybe even what we been testing out in a mini patch until than?   

1 minute ago, TaranisPrime said:

The new system, as described is that we have to buy PBs from admiralty.  So, an alternative solution would be to keep nations from buying PBs from Free Ports.  Even them with PvE areas, I think we should reduce the number of free ports a bit - as a means of promoting more of front line RvR game.

I think the number of free town are fine, just need to limit ships to frigates and traders in them and that would help.  I'll be honest 6 of my 8 ports are in free towns for PvP.  Other wise we pirates wouldn't be all over the place.  The two are econ ports that I need resources from at the moment or what the flavor of the week ship I'm building.  Takeing out more free ports is going to limit us even more on our PvP.  Though I still think they should just give us the Capital and rookie capital free and let us have 8 more ports (total of 10).  That way no matter what every one has the capital.  PvE guys would get the PvE capital instead of the Rookie Capital.  So they can always return to main capital no matter what and have a port there.

Уважаемые авторы и разработчики!

Хотя я подозреваю, что эти пожелания не будут услышаны - тем не менее присоединяюсь к другим пользователям, просящим не менять PvE сервер на PvE гетто.

Мое мнение: К сожалению сделать EVE из Naval Action никогда не получится (публика не совсем подходящая). В конце концов обидятся и свалят и PvEшники и PvPшники, понапишут плохих отзывов и самый лучший симулятор Парусного Века канет под волнами.

Что будет весьма печально.

ENGLISH:

Dear authors and developers!

Though I suspect that this plea will fall on deaf ears - I join the chorus of other players requesting not to replace PvE server with a PvE ghetto.

IMO: unfortunately, you will never make EVE out of Naval Action (the intended audience isn't quite suitable for that). In the end, both PvE and PvP populations will become disgruntled and leave, leaving behind a slew of negative reviews, and the best Age of Sail simulator will disappear under the waves.

Which would be very sad.

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey

Ahoi, i am a PvE-Player and have some questions:

Will we have access to all resources in the PvE area or have we to sail into the PvP area to get for example live oak which is  only available at the bahamas and in South/North Carolina at the moment? The same applies to the regional bonuses. Must PvE players take the risk and sail into the PvP area to get for example Pirate Refit Bonus?

Until now we traded between free ports and non free ports. When there are no free ports in the PvE area do we have an alternative to buy resources and goods cheap?

51 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That is what happens when you have no sink for your resources....as in if no one ever gets sunk you have no reason to be using any of your resources so you just stock pile them.  I'll be honest mine at one time looked very much like that  and I know a few clan mates that does.   Other than small ships I haven't been sunk in any ship that wasn't a captured SOL or some Note trash ship.

Lets look at the real reason.

Back in the day, when you could cap any ship and keep her, we used to take a lot of chances and have fun.
We used to lose a few ships dicking around trying the impossible, hell we even went 4 cutters against a Santi. Then this was taken away. No keep, no point.

So we picked different fights. Clan verses the OW fleets, man we had some fun and lost some ships.
Back in those days, we had people joining us almost daily and we needed the resources not only to replenish, but to provide for new players.
Back in those days, clans would hunt together, but then the group hunting was taken away.

The resource gathering is habit, but I think it will now come in very useful for those of us who will most likely stay.

10 minutes ago, Paulchen said:

Ahoi, i am a PvE-Player and have some questions:

Will we have access to all resources in the PvE area or have we to sail into the PvP area to get for example live oak which is  only available at the bahamas and in South/North Carolina at the moment? The same applies to the regional bonuses. Must PvE players take the risk and sail into the PvP area to get for example Pirate Refit Bonus?

Until now we traded between free ports and non free ports. When there are no free ports in the PvE area do we have an alternative to buy resources and goods cheap?

I would have to assume you will have to get a PvPer to bring you certain goods like the Bermuda Cedar and Live Oak.  This should encourage trade between the zones.   Though I don't think you will be easily getting certain refits.  How did ya'll get pirate refit before hand if you weren't a pirate since ya'll can't capture regions on PvE?  You had to get some one else to make the ship for you right?   Well now you can get some one to get the refit for you.  I plan to prob be doing just that.  Running top end goods that folks want for top dollar/gold.   You want pirate refit and us pirates are the only ones with it your going to pay.  Good way for us to get goods back too.  Let ya'll do the grunt work of the crafting for us in trade.  Though I do all my crafting any way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think the number of free town are fine, just need to limit ships to frigates and traders in them and that would help.  I'll be honest 6 of my 8 ports are in free towns for PvP.  Other wise we pirates wouldn't be all over the place.  The two are econ ports that I need resources from at the moment or what the flavor of the week ship I'm building.  Takeing out more free ports is going to limit us even more on our PvP.  Though I still think they should just give us the Capital and rookie capital free and let us have 8 more ports (total of 10).  That way no matter what every one has the capital.  PvE guys would get the PvE capital instead of the Rookie Capital.  So they can always return to main capital no matter what and have a port there.

I am the same: meaning that only 6 of my 8 outposts are at risk.  I do like to be able to hop around and take part in the action.  I just question whether allowing players to generate aggro from anywhere creates a "front" for more concentrated pvp.   I confess, now that I am back on pvp2 - i find no pvp activity around the capitals, even camping port royal for an hour at a time.  Perhaps its just my luck.  PvP1 does offer pvp activity around the FR region though - perhaps the pvp1 players are a bit more aggressive.

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would have to assume you will have to get a PvPer to bring you certain goods like the Bermuda Cedar and Live Oak.  This should encourage trade between the zones.   Though I don't think you will be easily getting certain refits.  How did ya'll get pirate refit before hand if you weren't a pirate since ya'll can't capture regions on PvE?  You had to get some one else to make the ship for you right?   Well now you can get some one to get the refit for you.  I plan to prob be doing just that.  Running top end goods that folks want for top dollar/gold.   You want pirate refit and us pirates are the only ones with it your going to pay.  Good way for us to get goods back too.  Let ya'll do the grunt work of the crafting for us in trade.  Though I do all my crafting any way.

This to makes sense to me.

Keep certain items only available in the PVE and PVP sections. Helps stimulate trade.

4 minutes ago, TaranisPrime said:

I am the same: meaning that only 6 of my 8 outposts are at risk.  I do like to be able to hop around and take part in the action.  I just question whether allowing players to generate aggro from anywhere creates a "front" for more concentrated pvp.   I confess, now that I am back on pvp2 - i find no pvp activity around the capitals, even camping port royal for an hour at a time.  Perhaps its just my luck.  PvP1 does offer pvp activity around the FR region though - perhaps the pvp1 players are a bit more aggressive.

Yah the biggest problem on PvP2 is the two Care bear super powers.   I'm going to bet we will see a lot of the PvP2 US/Brits hiding in the PvE zone when the changes happen.   We recently ran LVG's loaded up with goodies and parked them in front of the capitals in the green zones and they didn't even try to come out and take them.   They even tried to do the ignore the pirates and they will go away when the get bored thing on us.  So what we do?  We start taking all the silver ports and the major econ ports so they either fight us or they can't craft crap.  It's getting them out to fight, but not in the numbers we want.  It just blows my mind that 15-20 players in one nation is beating the crap out of the two largest nations on our server.   Glad to see France slowly growing too.  I think the merger is going to get a lot of folks more to do as it allows us to fill other nations and have a more balanced server on all times zone.  That is if some folks don't run off players from there nations and make it turn back into the separation issues we have on both servers between alliances and such.

• Like 2

They said the patch won't be before two weeks from notice but within the next 30 days.  Well uh it's been almost a week all ready so we should get test server soon...hopefully?

As far as I saw, the Devs only gave this timeframe on the ship wipe. I didn't see a schedule for server merge and PVE zone. Did they indicate that the changes would be concurrent?

Just for the sake of argument, I modded one of my saved maps to highlight the idea of giving each nation a stake in the GoM PvE zone. It isn't pretty but it gets the concept across.

I gave 2 regions to the US, France and Spain to acknowledge their historical presence in the gulf, but yes - otherwise this isn't historically accurate at all.

Restricting the PvE zone to the actual gulf leaves more map for the PvP side, which I think is the primary emphasis for Naval Action. Let's face it, the GoM is a large body of water. Besides, the PvE people can make runs out of the gulf in the off hours when server populations are down and the risk is lower. They could also hire a screening fleet for protection.

I'm also sure there will be some bickering over the exact regions given, but there's no pleasing everybody. ;)

16 minutes ago, Farrago said:

As far as I saw, the Devs only gave this timeframe on the ship wipe. I didn't see a schedule for server merge and PVE zone. Did they indicate that the changes would be concurrent?

The smart thing would be to do them both at once, but than who knows any more with this game.  They might as well do the merges and wipe all at once and than let us get things sorted and back to testing the game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

Just for the sake of argument, I modded one of my saved maps to highlight the idea of giving each nation a stake in the GoM PvE zone. It isn't pretty but it gets the concept across.

I gave 2 regions to the US, France and Spain to acknowledge their historical presence in the gulf, but yes - otherwise this isn't historically accurate at all.

Restricting the PvE zone to the actual gulf leaves more map for the PvP side, which I think is the primary emphasis for Naval Action. Let's face it, the GoM is a large body of water. Besides, the PvE people can make runs out of the gulf in the off hours when server populations are down and the risk is lower. They could also hire a screening fleet for protection.

I'm also sure there will be some bickering over the exact regions given, but there's no pleasing everybody. ;)

I will start the bickering off with.....I DON'T SEE NO PIRATES PORTS.....lol

Sorry had to.  Though It think I would prefer them to keep it to the 3 they have.  Not every nation needs to be in there and part of the PvE thing.  I would honestly hope PIRATES would never be thought as a PvE nation either.  Pretty much if your playing pirate your signing up fr the hard core PvP job.  Just wish we get some actually pirate mechanics some day other than just some bastardized National stuff.

• Like 3

Yah the biggest problem on PvP2 is the two Care bear super powers.   I'm going to bet we will see a lot of the PvP2 US/Brits hiding in the PvE zone when the changes happen.   We recently ran LVG's loaded up with goodies and parked them in front of the capitals in the green zones and they didn't even try to come out and take them.   They even tried to do the ignore the pirates and they will go away when the get bored thing on us.  So what we do?  We start taking all the silver ports and the major econ ports so they either fight us or they can't craft crap.  It's getting them out to fight, but not in the numbers we want.  It just blows my mind that 15-20 players in one nation is beating the crap out of the two largest nations on our server.   Glad to see France slowly growing too.  I think the merger is going to get a lot of folks more to do as it allows us to fill other nations and have a more balanced server on all times zone.  That is if some folks don't run off players from there nations and make it turn back into the separation issues we have on both servers between alliances and such.

Kinda helps my point that the PvP isn't as popular as some peeps might think?

20 minutes ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Kinda helps my point that the PvP isn't as popular as some peeps might think?

Not really, it's just that they think they're in to it until it's a little too hard to steamroll their opponents, then they cry foul and go hide.  If what you say were true, they would have been on the PvE server to begin with and wouldn't have bothered pretending to be real PvPers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Flagg said:

Not really, it's just that they think they're in to it until it's a little too hard to steamroll their opponents, then they cry foul and go hide.  If what you say were true, they would have been on the PvE server to begin with and wouldn't have bothered pretending to be real PvPers.

I think half of um only play on PvP cuz of the scorn us PvEers get from those who can PvP :D

Anyways, I'm off to care bear around the Caribbean. 

Edited by Jesters-Ink