Game-Labs Forum

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

51 minutes ago, Old_DAT said:

just going by what was posted.  That PvE players would be attacking smugglers.  Did not mention NPC battle missions at all.

They are removing hostility missions but increasing AI to kill instead cause for the Port Battles it's going back to something like the old flag systems.  How about we all just stop speculating and guessing and wait for the patch or even the testbed to come out and see how things are.

As for the attacking some one in PvE it's the old smuggler flag.  I can attack you in the PvE zone if you have the smuggler flag on which would be just the same as the new Pirate vs Pirate mechanics.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

4 hours ago, admin said:

you will be able to build ships there

At this point, be careful devs. If everything wich is needed to gain ressources, build materials and ships is possible in PvE areas, noone would transport such goods through dangerous pvp zones what makes the live of pirates and privateers more useless.

56 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

At this point, be careful devs. If everything wich is needed to gain ressources, build materials and ships is possible in PvE areas, noone would transport such goods through dangerous pvp zones what makes the live of pirates and privateers more useless.

The problem with this is by my undersetnading unless they want to build basic ships with no refits some one has to bring them the goods.  They will still need crafting regional stuffl to build ships.  So some one has to bring in goods for them to do that.  Which means us Pirates and Privateers will be waiting on the edge of the safe zones.   Like sharks in a  sea of blood....hungry for the kill.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The problem with this is by my undersetnading unless they want to build basic ships with no refits some one has to bring them the goods.  They will still need crafting regional stuffl to build ships.  So some one has to bring in goods for them to do that.  Which means us Pirates and Privateers will be waiting on the edge of the safe zones.   Like sharks in a  sea of blood....hungry for the kill.

At the very least they can PvE grind attacking AI ships to the point of being able to buy a land grant in the Admiralty Shop. They'll be doing that anyway just to xp level up.

But what AI ships will they attack? The vast majority of AI ships in OW are trucking around in mega-BR patrol fleets. Unless those get nerf'd, it'll be a bloody slow grind. Why ARE the devs so resolutely refusing to reduce the size of those fleets???

Maybe the combat missions will come back as a source of PvE xp... NOT hostility. You know, the way it used to be. But I would very much prefer just hunting AI ships in the OW, which is also good training for transitioning to PvP play at some point. But then the mega-BR patrol fleets...... oh wait. Circular isn't it?

Other possibility is that land grants may drop as rare loot, but may as well count on being struck by lightning... twice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

At the very least they can PvE grind attacking AI ships to the point of being able to buy a land grant in the Admiralty Shop. They'll be doing that anyway just to xp level up.

But what AI ships will they attack? The vast majority of AI ships in OW are trucking around in mega-BR patrol fleets. Unless those get nerf'd, it'll be a bloody slow grind. Why ARE the devs so resolutely refusing to reduce the size of those fleets???

Maybe the combat missions will come back as a source of PvE xp... NOT hostility. You know, the way it used to be. But I would very much prefer just hunting AI ships in the OW, which is also good training for transitioning to PvP play at some point. But then the mega-BR patrol fleets...... oh wait. Circular isn't it?

Other possibility is that land grants may drop as rare loot, but may as well count on being struck by lightning... twice.

I think they should keep the old style missions too just for that reason to give folks something to grind to level up.  We will have to see when the patch comes out on testbed.  The land grand thing seems to be put on the shelf for now so that won't be a thing it seems.  THey got to much back lash from it and it wasn't even out 24 hours.   

People have to remember they have never promised PvE content until after the game is release they will prob have a PvE server.  At one time we didn't even have a server for them.  When the pop got as low as it has been on that server they have a reason to shut it down.  They don't have to give them any content, but they are going out of there way to make the server for all.   I'm going to take bets the PvP EU server prob won't last either and will later become like the PvP2 server kinda there but not or get merged into the PvP Global server.

To many folks are complaining before we even know all the details. We have had a lot of players recently come to PvP servers from PvE cause they are bored.  To me this is actually giving them more option and if they want they can slip over to the PvP side of the game with out having to start over on a server with no resources pretty much.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Why you not choose PotBS style (PvE with voluntary PvP and PvP zones around flipped ports/regions i terms of Naval Action map size) since begining? Now doing those annoucements you make both PvE and core PvP players moaning and there is a risk of another population drop...Just want share my dear american friend opininon here: "They got very good artists, coders and graphics makers but NOT game designers..."

POTBS failed! i was there when potbs came out and i played it for two years it was a big hot mess. It is a game that should have stayed in beta testing.

It is because of potbs that i am not ashamed to warn the devs here not to go with durability on ships, its because of POTBS that i push for this game to go the direction of EVE Online mechanics, NOT potbs mechanics because potbs, as fun as the game was, FAILED because it could not keep players interested, the pvp was wishy washy and the devs for potbs kept screwing around with game mechanics trying to cater to different groups which pissed everyone off and led to cascade of failures.

if this game follows the path of potbs, it will fail, mark my words!

at least the Devs of this game are not releasing the game yet before they are confident in the mechanics of how the whole world will work. we are still testing this game.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

POTBS failed! i was there when potbs came out and i played it for two years it was a big hot mess. It is a game that should have stayed in beta testing.

It is because of potbs that i am not ashamed to warn the devs here not to go with durability on ships, its because of POTBS that i push for this game to go the direction of EVE Online mechanics, NOT potbs mechanics because potbs, as fun as the game was, FAILED because it could not keep players interested, the pvp was wishy washy and the devs for potbs kept screwing around with game mechanics trying to cater to different groups which pissed everyone off and led to cascade of failures.

if this game follows the path of potbs, it will fail, mark my words!

at least the Devs of this game are not releasing the game yet before they are confident in the mechanics of how the whole world will work. we are still testing this game.

Nobody saying PotBS have no weak points - indeed there was a lot of them (most annoying is x-teaming for me) - All i wanted to see in NA were best ideas implemented in PotBS and learn what mistakes to do not reply, but hey mark my words: For a 9 years old game population is similar to Naval Action in current stage - this should give developers to think...

Poke me about Naval Action in 9 years time please.

And to be clear - still have faith in NA...despite all

• Like 1

On Fri Mar 17 2017 at 8:26 AM, admin said:

you will get everything from the PVE into redeemables, but... remember that we are removing ships and maybe assets..to properly test the final economy before release. 

Will this include blueprints? One of the more frustrating parts for me about the move is suddenly being unable to craft the various ships I enjoy to sail should I need to, this is especially important considering that we will be seeing a giant ship wipe too.

Question to DEV's:

If this change occurs what happens to the several PvE outposts and their warehouse items that are located anyplace that's not presently a Spanish, British, or French Port? Will those be lost or relocated?

If relocated, who chooses where they go?

Will ships located in those ports be relocated?

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Well it seems the devs have posted good news, and crap news.

I am all for shutting down the PVE server as it makes ZERO sense in this style of game.  But the addition of PVE zones on a PVP server is counter productive and just retarded. 

But I guess that is the logic of a rookie MMO developer.

When one of the most successful and popular MMO's (and others) does exactly this, I think you are just showing you're own bias. Keeping the PvE and PvP players on the same server at least leaves the door open to PvE'rs crossing over without having to start from zero money, mats or ships.

1 hour ago, TsaVolrae said:

Maybe I missed it.  But if there is a PVE zone does that mean the rookie area will be removed? I hope so.  

This is a good question, and I hope so too. With the douchebags who go to the Bahamas just to club the baby seals, it didn't work as intended anyway. Just let the rookies start in the PvE zone.

AND...  if we're not all that concerned about the historical accuracy - give each nation a region inside the Gulf.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Blue Tooth said:

I wish they would just do it, so we can test it...

I was still hoping for a patch with the the structure and pirate stuff soon, but got a feeling we are going have to wait and they give us every thing a month from now, cause lets be honest it will prob be the end of April.  Though would be nice if they hurry up and give us the patch. 2 weeks is all ready 1/4 of the way gone from when they made the first announcement.

52 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

When one of the most successful and popular MMO's (and others) does exactly this, I think you are just showing you're own bias. Keeping the PvE and PvP players on the same server at least leaves the door open to PvE'rs crossing over without having to start from zero money, mats or ships.

This is a good question, and I hope so too. With the douchebags who go to the Bahamas just to club the baby seals, it didn't work as intended anyway. Just let the rookies start in the PvE zone.

AND...  if we're not all that concerned about the historical accuracy - give each nation a region inside the Gulf.

The shallows is a good place for guys to level up.  The GoM has very little shallows (one region) so not a lot of areas to level up.  I'm sorry if your letting a bunch of guys go into there and killing your rookies that is your nations problem as your not protecting them .  How you think it will be if you remove the ROE there?  It would be back to how it was even more ganking and unfair fights.  Most of the guys I catch in the rookie area aren't noobs.  They are higher rank guys trying to get a quick econ run in the safety of smaller ships and closer ports.  Which also means they are very rich for the pickings.  I just don't have to worry about 20 players and there AI's jumping me as it's limited to 300 BR and the fights for us tend to be more even on PvP2.  Maybe not the same on PvP1 but that sounds like I said before ya'll aren't protecting your small guys than.  

i will have to see it, when it is fully implemented.

But, now, as it sounds, i dont like it. You are making pve players second class citizens of the game.

You are forcing us to interact with pvp, we are limited to a zone, only 3 nations get the safe area(and im playing in pve server as spanish).

we, probabily, would not be able to get or construct bigger ships as some of the needed materials are in pvp zones.  this i think as you are saying that is a eve like move.

in eve, pve players cant play dreads, carriers , super carriers and titans in pve zones(well some lucky men have one dread still inside high zones. those dreads can leave high sec  but if they leave they cant enter again). will us pvers be limited to (marauders in eve) super frigates(constitutions or some kind of 4th lesser rates)?

i understand, that now , the pve server may not be viable for economic reasons. But you(devs) should have stated more clearly that this game would be pvp server oriented(when i bought the game, it was clearly stated that pve was going to be important and that there was a pve server)(no offense meaning saying this, just what i read one year ago)

i will try what you do about the pve, but as i said, at the momment is not of my liking.(and im willing to try it)

some of us pvers have had our dose of pvp in other games and in this, we would like not to have it

:)

thanks and regards

sorry if there are grammar mistakes, english is not my mother language.

Why does someone have to choose to play PvP or PvE exclusively?

If you are going to make the Gulf of Mexico a huge PvE area they why don't you redesign it completely so that all nations have an area in it with resources spread throughout the entire region? This way a player can then setup a shipyard in a single outpost and do the crafting grind and resource gathering in that exclusive area in relative safety, just enjoying the game. It would turn the area into a huge market where all players can then sail in and buy what they want (ships etc.) from the markets there and then sail them into the PvP area. The PvP player takes the risk of transporting their new ship out of the area. Now once you've got your PvE fix in it is a simple matter of teleporting to your other outposts in the PvP area and enjoying that part of the game also while your resources stay protected in the PvE area.

This way it is up to each individual player to play the game as PvE, PvP or both as they see fit.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

It's like watching a small child playin with a loaded revolver.

I can understand why when you see the numbers, it's not cost effective to have a server for 50 players.

The whole idea of PvE is to explore without having to duel the massive clan hunter killer packs.

Restrincting this style of play to a small area is just a massive contradiction and I think you've just put the final nail in the PvE communities coffin. 

I don't know what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure it ain't this.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, The Wren said:

If you are going to make the Gulf of Mexico a huge PvE area they why don't you redesign it completely so that all nations have an area in it with resources spread throughout the entire region?

Because NA devs' idea is to spend as little dev time as possible on PvE and it'd be very annoying to see them working on improving their Indian Reserves PvE zones, before/instead of designing and coding more essential PvE features such as AI aggressiveness (bot being able to tag PvE-ers) or an AI overhaul (if they ever do this).

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

This will never work you have not done anything yet people are complaining you really screwed the game over im sorry but you have no free ports or ship buildings allowed in PvE zones come on. Think its time you guys wake up and fix the game all on been reading on here is EVE this EVE that this aint EVE stop copying other games this suppose to be 1700 -1800 century why got the name NAVAL ACTION what your doing might aswell call it NAVAL FUTURE when I seen the video for this game I like the graphics and how it is done right now. Shows and feels like they really did back in these times but like I said I have a look after wipe etc but if this game is hello kittyED anyway good thing (Train Sim World) just been released

2 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

Quick question i have a char on pvp EU, but my main account is on PVE server, the problem is both have the same name, but different nations( i went pirate on pvp, now i want back!) So how will that work?

Every thing on PvE server other than ship, notes for ships, and paints will be redeemed and you can collect them on the PvP EU or PvP Global server.   We don't know exactly what is up with the PvP Global merge of PvP1 and PvP2 cause if they merge one into the other we have the same problem your speaking of. I play main as Pirate on PvP2 but my PvP1 has switched around to a dozen nations over the last year.   It has little to nothing on it.  So would I have to delete it and make it a pirate if I want to stay pirate or will all chars be merged into the PvP Global from the other two and we get to pick new nations on it and make new chars with all our redeemable.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, admin said:

All assets will be transferred to the redeemables on both PVP Global and PVP EU

A couple of questions/assumptions:

1. I assume that these redeemable items will be available to existing characters, if we have them, on the PVP servers.

2. Experience and craft levels will remain? Or, be reset?

3. Prior to the move, do I need to move all my resources to a single warehouse? Or, will you gather it all together into the redeemable list?

4. My available gold (not resource gold) will also be made redeemable?

• Players who will want to engage in PVE activities without any interaction with the outside world will have to choose one of 3 nations.. These three nations will have 2 spawns - main pvp and secondary pve.

Can the Devs elaborate on the spawns?  Explain: Does the character differ between spawns?  If so is a player limited to PvE or PvP character based on the initial choice? Or is it simply different spawn locations? 

Edited by Macjimm