Game-Labs Forum
admin

PVE Server and PVE zones - Preliminary announcement.

Who will choose Sweden, Denmark, USA or VP after that in the game. Only PVP players and they must fight vs the big econemy of the others?????? this will be the dead of the smaller Nations. We can test is, but dont like this. If you will do a PVE Area so you should give the to all nations. Its hard to find a place, but thats the problem of such ideas.

• Like 2

Which Free ports are getting scrapped?? Please answer @admin.

I and friends have major bases in Bonacca, Bensalem and Tumbado on PVP1, including clan warehouses. Given that you quote 'Mosquito Coast' and 'Sisal' as 2 of the new PVE zones that seems to mean 2 or probably all 3 of those ports are going to go.

So we need to know asap so we can move our stuff - or will you move our ships/goods/clan warehouses for us?

And by the way - why pick on those locations, they are not quiet areas (well maybe Louisiana is). There has always been plenty of PVP around Bonacco/Black River, Belize, Merida.

Anyway - with the planned restriction on land ownership and the clear intention to force players into a PB only play style, PVE is redundant so why bother setting up PVE zones? Just  save yourself the time and effort of setting up PVE zones (zones which wont help anyone).

1 hour ago, BoomBox said:

and what if u have accounts on all 3 servers ? and did i understand it right , you wont be able to build ships in he pve zone ?

I think this is an important question many of us would liked answer.

23 minutes ago, Wessel-Tordenskjold said:

Hi guys

I've ever only played on the pve server (I got my pvp fix elsewhere).

I understand the reason for the merge but I'd like know if it's possible to be a Dane in the pve zone? Or at least having the Danish flag showed on my ships? Im Danish. Im not French, Spanish or English :) It's a minor request in all of this but perhaps it's easy to solve?

You will be able to pick a new nation by the looks of it, but I think you will have to pick a new one if you want to remain in the PvE zone.

18 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Which Free ports are getting scrapped?? Please answer @admin.

I and friends have major bases in Bonacca, Bensalem and Tumbado on PVP1, including clan warehouses. Given that you quote 'Mosquito Coast' and 'Sisal' as 2 of the new PVE zones that seems to mean 2 or probably all 3 of those ports are going to go.

So we need to know asap so we can move our stuff - or will you move our ships/goods/clan warehouses for us?

And by the way - why pick on those locations, they are not quiet areas (well maybe Louisiana is). There has always been plenty of PVP around Bonacco/Black River, Belize, Merida.

Anyway - with the planned restriction on land ownership and the clear intention to force players into a PB only play style, PVE is redundant so why bother setting up PVE zones? Just  save yourself the time and effort of setting up PVE zones (zones which wont help anyone).

We got a couple of weeks prob, but I'm going to bet folks will have to move stuff cause with the sounds of it they might have to reset the server and alliance system as folks are going to have to pick new nations with the server.  Cause folks like me aren't the same nation on both servers. 

i understand the need to optimize servers but feel bad for the pve only players as they can no longer explore the entire map.. Would there be a way to have a questionairre in game that asks 'are you PVE only' on the PVE server (some pvpers have used that server) and for those that respond yes, make it so they can use the PVP servers but have a perminent flag put on them so they cannot attack or be attacked by another player?

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

i understand the need to optimize servers but feel bad for the pve only players as they can no longer explore the entire map.. Would there be a way to have a questionairre in game that asks 'are you PVE only' on the PVE server (some pvpers have used that server) and for those that respond yes, make it so they can use the PVP servers but have a perminent flag put on them so they cannot attack or be attacked by another player?

Remember a PvE server was never promised while in EA.  They can all ways open a server just for those players later when the game goes live.   Though right now with a lower player base they should have every one in one server testing the mechanics of the game.  And that focus isn't on PvE side of the game for the most part.  At least this way they can venture out if they feel like it and get risky or they can stay in there safe zones.   

The flag thing has been brought up and can be abused way to much.

But aren't we pirates?  I'm looking for hunting at the edge of these zones.....going to be some fat traders lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 3

this is great news and sounds very promising. i hope the newbie zones are going away then and players can just start out in pve zone. those newbie areas are prime pvp realistate :)

• Like 1

From my understanding there is going to be a ship/assest/port wipe so why all the concern with moving stuff?

As far as PVE server being removed, no offense to the devs but there at least currently not enough PVE only content to keep a PVE server viable. If you doubt this, just look at that servers numbers.

this is  not what  i wanted to  be better  for the whole game and for the  community keep the PvE server up theres  a lot  of  good  potential in it and its all being thrown away none of us  in the PvE server want to  be  confined to only the  gulf of mexico  because  it s super empty and  trading  and  making gold in there  is very  limited while other  PvP people can just sail in there no problem... its like your punishing people who choose to be PvE by putting them in a prison while  PvP players are free to  do what  ever... and with this  new 1 durability ship thing its not even worth  it for  us PvE players  to switch to PvP because of ganking. to solve this problem id suggest  keeping the  PvE server up because  we have  active players leaving already or add  a check box  ONLY can be switched on in ports to  symbolize PvE and we cant be  attacked by  anyone and still be able to sail freely around the  whole map

• Like 1

@admin I don't understand why there has to be a separate PvE zone?  It seems like we've been essentially testing a high-sec, PvE-only equivalent for the last six months on PvP1 throughout the entire map with the number of forts and AI fleets around all coasts? I mean, PvP is dead not just because server populations are low, it's because these things make it very hard to engage.

Just keep that concentration of forts and AI in the gulf and bring PvP back to the rest of the map by reducing the number of forts, towers, and replacing the vast majority of AI warship fleets with trader fleets!

To impose both national constraints (funneling new players into one of three nations is absolutely a bad decision, as many players in all nations would like to start in PvE and learn the ropes, and then transition to PvP gradually as they feel more comfortable. I believe the rookie zone was supposed to facilitate that but I would argue that was a failed experiment and it should be scrapped.  Speaking from the experiences of rookies I've recruited, they feel lost, they're preyed upon easily 1v1 by vets, and don't have chances to interact in their first few days in the game with members of their nation to help them out. The Bahamas are a lonely place and without seeing the large ships sailing by you and your lonely cutter you're losing any concept of the type of progression you have in front of you as a new player.  Rookie zones with separate RoE must go.

I'd argue highly that however you decide to implement these "areas" that you do so by using the same RoE from place to place, but that you use mechanics like forts, AI, etc. to make the regions function in the way you want.  There's nothing worse for new players than yanking the rug out from under them with RoE that works in one way under one set of conditions and another way in others (e.g. signalling, area control, rookie zone, etc.).  Just make things consistent and tweak the balance.

Why you not choose PotBS style (PvE with voluntary PvP and PvP zones around flipped ports/regions i terms of Naval Action map size) since begining? Now doing those annoucements you make both PvE and core PvP players moaning and there is a risk of another population drop...Just want share my dear american friend opininon here: "They got very good artists, coders and graphics makers but NOT game designers..."

Edited by Bart Smith

2 hours ago, Riflesbane said:

Actually those of us who have played EVE since the start have ripped off new players ever since

Speak for yourself.

Seal clubbing new players is an "activity" looked down upon by anyone doing some actual PvP in that game.

There are some who brag about how they ripped off newbies or podded them and the only thing they ever achieved was losing all respect and being put last for any ongoing event with the corporation or alliance.

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Why you not choose PotBS style (PvE with voluntary PvP and PvP zones around flipped ports/regions i terms of Naval Action map size) since begining? Now doing those annoucements you make both PvE and core PvP players moaning and there is a risk of another population drop...Just want share my dear american friend opininon here: "They got very good artists, coders and graphics makers but NOT game designers..."

Not that it's a bad idea, but that will kill trader hunting as all player traders will not have their PvP flag on.

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bart Smith said:

Why you not choose PotBS style (PvE with voluntary PvP and PvP zones around flipped ports/regions i terms of Naval Action map size) since begining so? Now doing those annoucements you make both PvE and core PvP players moaning and there is a risk of another population drop...

I think they probably just don't care about PvE players... I mean, it consistently averages between 10-80 players or so, right? It's just such a small market segment that if they lose it.. meh.  Sadly, that's how it seems to me, given how little new PvE content they've created over the last year.

That's why I would say they shouldn't bother implementing a huge RoE change for a big chunk of the map just to support them. Sure, make people more interested in PvE comfortable by giving them safer areas but don't hamstring nation choice, production, and trading by giving them an arena where all the rules change...

It actually makes sense to have pve and pvp zones. I don't know why they didn't do it from the start either but it's a good thing to do now. Even pve players maybe want to play pvp once and feel the risk to get dragged into pvp while discovering the world.

They can choose now and that's good, so why not

• Like 3

I buy the game yesterday.
I am a PvE Player ... because - i hate games were Top-LVL-Kids killing "New be Player".

A PvE Zone is malarkey ... because i dont wont stay in one Zone. The Game is not fast. U Need to spend much Time.
When i become a big load of cheap Goods ... and will bring it to the other side of the MAP ... after 3 hours of sailing, a bored Kid kills me, becaus he find it funny.
I am goining to do it two times. Than the game is failed. The Money is lost ... and i never Play it again.

I am afraid that, the Little Gamer, which are not so powerful in English are mercilessly killed by bored high-level Players.
And then there are those whose ego is so great, that they also specialize on it, since they are subject only to their equals.
This is all now doomed to failure. Do not start the people and then take them back half the time. Frustration factor 10.0
I have read that there are too few players, now I am there ... and I have no desire anymore: either I can as a low-level player around the breadcrumbs, the big ones lie, or I may have a certain Area not left. And this is my big "Open World experience"

Too bad ... because I got a wrong impression of the game.
Again an early Acces title placed on the wall.

5 minutes ago, Dafader said:

I buy the game yesterday.
I am a PvE Player ...

Too bad ... because I got a wrong impression of the game.
Again an early Acces title placed on the wall.

Game description from steam:

Naval Action is an exciting, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Maybe try a single player game rather than a MMO focussed game around combat?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rebel Witch said:

this is great news and sounds very promising. i hope the newbie zones are going away then and players can just start out in pve zone. those newbie areas are prime pvp realistate :)

Don't know what your talking about but we get tons of PvP in that area.  Love killing all the silly US players running around and some of the Brits.   And we aren't killing noobs cause most of them are higher ranks trying to do there econ on the easy runs.   We like the ROE there cause it keeps fights more close and fair instead of swarm of players and AI's ganking folks.   Though the big problem there for a while was one alliance owned all the regions there so ya'll couldn't fight each other.   It needed to have more than one nation in there controlling zones.  Which now we have as pirates took back there Pirate Refit from the evil US players. Well on PvP2 that is.

20 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Game description from steam:

Naval Action is an exciting, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Maybe try a single player game rather than a MMO focussed game around combat?

MMO doesn't necessarily mean exclusively PVP.  Some players come to MMOs to do PVE with friends, although that number is few.  First MMO I played was POTCO, which had PVP seperated from PVE on all the servers. Only through glitches, which were fun, or special events could a PVP player attack a PVE player. 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Don't know what your talking about but we get tons of PvP in that area.  Love killing all the silly US players running around and some of the Brits.   And we aren't killing noobs cause most of them are higher ranks trying to do there econ on the easy runs.   We like the ROE there cause it keeps fights more close and fair instead of swarm of players and AI's ganking folks.   Though the big problem there for a while was one alliance owned all the regions there so ya'll couldn't fight each other.   It needed to have more than one nation in there controlling zones.  Which now we have as pirates took back there Pirate Refit from the evil US players. Well on PvP2 that is.

poorly worded on my part. what i meant is those ports are best left in the conquest pool.

combining the newbie area and pve area gives more space for the pvp free zones which i hope one day the devs allow players to own the ports and create their own nations instead of the forced npc nations we have now.

• Like 1

I wish to say how much I dislike this ides of getting rid of the PvE server. I, regretfully, bought this game to play PvE. I would like a refund, but that will never happen,

PvP just engenders a bunch of nasty, immature jackasses who go out of their way to harass others. Their only goal is to destroy the work and time other people have invested.

Your "simple and elegant" answer is utter horse shit. I, as a PvE player, will be limited to small areas of the game world? Then I should certainly get a refund, for I am unable to play most of the game,

In short, I will NOT recommend this game, with these changes. Indeed I will pan it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grantp60 said:

PvP just engenders a bunch of nasty, immature jackasses who go out of their way to harass others. Their only goal is to destroy the work and time other people have invested.

PVE players, please stop saying how horrid PvP players are as some of us 'PvP players' are actually trying to fight for you. Thanks :)

• Like 5

So no free towns ? So let's say I have a new ship I want to take on a test run, or I want to practice my carros with on some 'floating barrels' without risk of seeing half a dozen rat Trincs invade my instance. I'll have to sail all the way to said PvE zone for that, making the possibility of said Trincs invasion a definite certainty ?

I can understand wanting to close down the PvE servers to prevent people from ranking up there instead of on the PvP server (and I plead guilty as charged, I hit RA in PvE waters) but closing them down completely ? Yet again implementing restrictions for some type of players.

Besides, with the waning interest and the dwindling player base, wouldn't it make more sense to close down the PvP servers and use the PvE as a testbed for an offline version of the game to try and salvage what can be and get some returns on the costs ? I troll, of course, but then again...

2 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

PVE players, please stop saying how horrid PvP players are as some of us 'PvP players' are actually trying to fight for you. Thanks :)

He does have a point though. Most enjoy the thrill of fighting humans, others simply want to watch other people's world burn. I don't know if the two can ever be reconciled.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The flag thing has been brought up and can be abused way to much.

If it is a permanent PVE flag, I dont see how it could be exploited.