Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.97 - Events, minor crafting changes and other things

admin

Hello Captains. New patch have been deployed.

What's new:

Crafting changes: Fine woods removed from the game until further notice. Fine woods are no longer required for ship crafting and no longer drop during tree growth. NPC buyers have been instructed to buy fine woods at good prices if players decide to sell their acquired stocks.

As a compensation for all the struggles with fine wood two uncraftable ships were added to redeemables to all players across all servers.  

PvE events – run daily

• Time challenge – destroy 2 enemy ships in shortest possible time.
  • Kill challenge – destroy as many enemy ships in 30 mins. (Boarding does not count) - every kill grants +1 repair for the player.
  • Events are provided for testing. Initial ship for all events is Cerberus. In the forthcoming hotfixes and patches we will add variety to ships, enemies and challenges (demasting, boarding, etc)

PvP events – run 3 times a day

• 3 PvP events per day added (one shallow waters one deep waters) that will spawn in 2 fixed locations on the map.
  • Deep water – Hispaniola channel (closest FT La Tortue and La Navasse)
  • Shallow water – Bahamas sand bank (closest FT Shroud Cay and Cayo Romano)

Other changes

• Ships can now be sent from outpost to outpost (tow request). Sent ships will be delivered during maintenance. Please be wary when sending ships into contested ports.
  • War supplies can only raise hostility to 50% and not more to remove the risk of hostility bombs
  • Social perk returns reformed as Signaling perk. Signaling allows entry to the battle until the battle rating of both sides is somewhat equal.
  • Coward perk was removed
  • Brace command added for testing. Brace reduces incoming crew damage significantly and acts as a crew shock locking some of the on deck activity (repairs, reloads). It allows only yard turning as those crew on sails/yards are immune to deck damage.

Fixed bugs:

• Fixed rare bug with group list disappearing from the screen
  • Fixed bug with incorrect BR calculations for several NPC ships in fleets
  • Fixed bug that allowed spawn of same characteristics for NPC captured ships creating double bonuses
  • Several critical exploits fixed thanks to the player Qw569

Tunings:

• Duel room distance increased to 1km
  • Cannonball splinter damage somewhat lowered again
  • Max possible grape damage slightly increased
  • Hostility points adjusted and now depend on ship class. Port hostility points requirements adjusted as well. Approximate numbers = 1st rates 700 pts/unrated 100 pts.

Port battles entry zones algorithms and capture points placement still requires work and will be deployed in a hot fix within next week or two. 

Discuss

• Like 36

5 minutes ago, admin said:

As a compensation for all the struggles with fine wood two special ships were added to redeemables to all players across all servers. 

Nice! Can't wait to get home.

Too bad we won't have Land in Port Battles yet. Was really looking forward to testing that at Bridgetown tomorrow.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wigermo said:

no land in pb's?, indefatigable/endymion blueprints?

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Port battles entry zones algorithms and capture points placement still requires work and will be deployed in a hot fix within next week or two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoky said:

From what i can see they buffed OW speed ~40% and kept AI fleets and tower+forts. So long PvP it was nice to know you

20% ow speed buff was applied - lets see how this will affect the travel times

• Like 3

* 20% speed increase is Better than nothing. We will see. That cut's a 1hr trip (too and back from a mission including wind being wrong direction) by 12 minutes - so only a 48 minute trip.

* Social perk returns reformed as Signaling perk. Signaling perk should be server wide and not require a perk. But again we will see.

* Merchants can now cut their time in half for long trips which is really good by using the tow option. (EDIT: wait the tow cost money, guess merchants will not be able to use this nightly, or maybe they will make enough profit to do so. Hard to say.. but I am no merchant so guess it may be worth the cost of less stress on time)

Could be good compromises. Will take a look

First of, let me thank you for the redeemables, love them! :)

Due to no mention of the OW RvR/PvP issues fixes, let me ask:

- Were the RvR(PvE) mission areas shrinked (no chance to use the system as intended now, as the battles are so hard to find)?
- Are the RvR(PvE) missions longer open than 5 minutes (see first point)?
- Was there any changes to the RvR/PB entry mechanic (being totally in favor of the defender now)?

Would be nice to read about plans here; it seems nothing in this patch is addressing these things - it is important to me.
OW PvP is laying low right now, i have the feeling that this patch is not helping (including more lobby based game-modes).

Edited by sveno
  • Like 5

WTF? Why you removed fine wood from the game without consulting with players? The game was hardcore and good and port battles for fine live oak and mahagony control were the part of the game! Now every noob is able to build 1st rate of live oak without even big investments!  For what are needed oak , teak and fir now if every noob is able to build best ships from rare wood? Now 1st rates again become cheap and available for all and stupid zerg-rushes on sieges without the fear to loose ship appear again!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Palpatine said:

WTF? Why you removed fine wood from the game without consulting with players? The game was hardcore and good and port battles for fine live oak and mahagony control were the part of the game! Now every noob is able to build 1st rate of live oak without even big investments!  For what are needed oak , teak and fir now if every noob is able to build best ships from rare wood? Now 1st rates again become cheap and available for all and stupid zerg-rushes on sieges without the fear to loose ship appear again!

Without consulting?

People have been griping about the fine wood requirements in the game chats, and in the forums now ever since fine woods came out.  I think the developers have a pretty good idea of what players thought of it.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

Without consulting?

People have been griping about the fine wood requirements in the game chats, and in the forums now ever since fine woods came out.  I think the developers have a pretty good idea of what players thought of it.

Only those who have little money or who lost the control of strategic ports were [upset about that]! Admins should not listen to [these people], only for adequate players who have balls to fight and win even after defeats and lack of resourses!

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Let's keep it respectful please.

3 hours ago, Palpatine said:

Only those who have little money or who lost the control of strategic ports were [upset about that]! Admins should not listen to [these people], only for adequate players who have balls to fight and win even after defeats and lack of resourses!

resource control remained. You still have to own certain regions to have full access to some types of wood or materials. 

fine wood removed for the following reasons. Its goal was to limit the number of rare ships and first rates, the goal was somewhat achieved together with the removal of players :). It was not a good feature and has to be rethought completely.

• Like 24

I managed to make do under the fine wood requirements.

I built a number of ships using the fine woods (including more than 20 Rattlesnake Heavy for one of the shallow water PBs), but there were many people that had concerns about it.  Are you upset that the developers didn't have a discussion with you personally about the change?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Palpatine said:

They told us fine wood would be removed as it did not work a long while back now.

• Like 5

First of all I love the signaling perk :)

Would have loved to see some changes to the RoE.

Would have loved to have had the new PB, but apparently we have to wait :( Better be worth it hehe

Honestly, I would've given the fine wood system a rework instead of completely removing it as it was generating some cool PB content.

I love the battle instances that spawn in a fixed location :)

Cant wait to test it out