Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 9.96

admin

That was what I was afraid of... You are aiming for something,IMO, Thats its broken. If you let a region reach 100% in just 4h you are again giving a huge advantages to those nations that play in an different timezone from most of the players. The same issue of the flag system but, I think, much bigger.

This is the #2 reason for two servers. The timezone.

Thanks man

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16986-alts-for-port-battles-activities-ban-warning/

Full fleet of 25 ships farming non stop for 4 hours i would not say its fast. But lets see - system is new and like many other things that are just born.. could be generating some ****. Its better than assault flag now anyway. As cannot be abused by an insta buy and place and still requires some effort and involves risk.

Also remember about the lord protectors - we kept that option open in patch notes.

Exactly. If players refuse to defend themselves then they get what they deserve.
  • Like 1

Full fleet of 25 ships farming non stop for 4 hours i would not say its fast. But lets see - system is new and like many other things that are just born.. could be generating some ****. Its better than assault flag now anyway. As cannot be abused by an insta buy and place and still requires some effort and involves risk. 

Also remember about the lord protectors - we kept that option open in patch notes.

I'm not concern about how do you do the system or how successful are you implementing it. What concern me is what are you aiming at... "4 hours farming is not fast" is what scare me... 4h is REALLY fast. If you let any nation create a PB in less than 24, you don't give any chance the defenders, Americans and Asians won't find any resistance and they will get all the map since no one will be capable to fight against that. 

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

What IF the hostility level had to be sustained, escalation hostility leading to major confrontation, always above 50% during the 48 hours leading to the PB ?

I really like this idea myself. I like the idea of PBs being something of an "occasion," AND a national effort, AND a longer investment. I think Hethwill's idea has a lot of merit.

• Like 3

A sesion of playing 4 hours NA is more usual than we would admitt. Only 25 players? Very easy to gather.

So as result, we are getting back to the days of losing ports while EU players are sleeping.

PVE activities will determine the outcome in a PVP server. Sad.

On PvP1? Sure it is easy to get 25 players on a nation to grind. On PvP2? No way in hell will you see 25 people on at once with the nations that aren't Pirate, US, or Britiain. I am a supporter of the new aggression system in place for Ports, I can't say that enough, but at least currently the situation between PvP1 and PvP2 is vastly different in how the aggression works for people. PvP2 as a server just does not have enough players to create aggression like PvP1, So the initial patch aggression gain was "about" the right gain for the small naitons. the hotfix, before the Admin corrected the numbers, was a death sentence in terms of trying to create a port battle for the small/low pop nations.

The updated numbers that Admin posted will likely fix my worries, but I understand that PvP1 may still have an issue with it.

I think the largest issue here is that since there is such a large difference in pop numbers on the servers, that 1 iteration is good for one, bad for the other at this moment and so someone is going to always be unhappy.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

Asking the devs to code in different rules for different pop servers is a little much, don't you think?

Yeah... Just merge them and be done with it..

On PvP1? Sure it is easy to get 25 players on a nation to grind. On PvP2? No way in hell will you see 25 people on at once with the nations that aren't Pirate, US, or Britiain. I am a supporter of the new aggression system in place for Ports, I can't say that enough, but at least currently the situation between PvP1 and PvP2 is vastly different in how the aggression works for people. PvP2 as a server just does not have enough players to create aggression like PvP1, So the initial patch aggression gain was "about" the right gain for the small naitons. the hotfix, before the Admin corrected the numbers, was a death sentence in terms of trying to create a port battle for the small/low pop nations.

The updated numbers that Admin posted will likely fix my worries, but I understand that PvP1 may still have an issue with it.

I think the largest issue here is that since there is such a large difference in pop numbers on the servers, that 1 iteration is good for one, bad for the other at this moment and so someone is going to always be unhappy.

It`s yours problem that you have so low population. Asking devs to do something about it is pretty selfish imo.

There should be one server from the begining. No idea why there is 2nd pvp server. Pve ... ok i can understand. Hardly but can. But pvp? Pointless in this stage of game.

Idc if its pvp1 or 2. Servers should be merged eot.

Edited by Leku

If you want to evoke PvP tug-o-wars instead of unopposed PvE grindfests, what if hostility generation was faster/slower based on current server population online at the time?

Want to Fix it Put a mark on the Map(so every1 can see it) were a hostile mission is taken place you will get pvp then even on PVP2 or high light a square still have to search for it

Make that port that is getting the agro in that area turn red on the map so you know around where the misisons are being done.  Wouldn't want an exact pin point dot, but the agro warning at say 50% to give a heads up you need to get over there and do something if you wan to stop it.

Prime time port battle slots for each server prob will fix the problem of off prime time port battles.  Can make a pretty good size window.  This could force the off hour players that back to the servers that are in the proper time zone they want to do port battles for or they just have to get up at odd hours.   Though they need to allow transfers both ways for this to work properly.   We keep hearing one way but not back the other.  I'm sorry if we go to one server and it's in EU I'm out of this game.  Until it can handle the ping and game lag of large battles even on the better server you get major lag in big battles.  I won't play on a server that is 4 times worse.  If there is to be one server it needs to be at a location that has the best over all ping for all players.

This is the #2 reason for two servers. The timezone.

Why ?

- because PB are pvp ? Conquest is pvp ?

- because PvP-ers protect PvE-ers from player enemies ?

- because PvP is harder than PvE ?

- because PvP-ers are more interested in Conquest/diplomacy... ?

I think that it'd be better for the game to have all NA players, including PvE-ers, feel involved in War/Conquest/Diplomacy and weigh in on those decisions.

So a balanced ratio is needed.

(That doesn't mean I'm in favour of a 1/1 ratio though.  :))

I agree. Don't let the PvE players be left out. AI fleets and traders would become more important and players would also have to protect them.

It`s yours problem that you have so low population. Asking devs to do something about it is pretty selfish imo.

There should be one server from the begining. No idea why there is 2nd pvp server. Pve ... ok i can understand. Hardly but can. But pvp? Pointless in this stage of game.

I think there were 3 PvP servers because there were also a few thousend active players. Those days are history.

"Points will be changed to 200 per pvp kill and 100 per pve kill. 

Daily hostility drop will be reduced."

So I am glad you are tinkering to get the balnace...but this maths makes no sense. It is now easier to generate hostility that it was on the first day !

The balance needs to be...enough PvE to flip, so that defenders have to defend.

So day 1 : Which was too easy, 20/10 for Kills assist times 2 for SOL and times 0.5 for PvE...proved to be too much, equated to 160 points (ish) for a Rear Admiral hostility

Day 2 : 20/10 for Kills assist times 2 for SOL and times 0.05 for PvE...proved to be too much, equated to 16 points (ish) for a Rear Admiral hostility...so thats way to hard

Day 3 : 200/100 for Kills assist times 2 for SOL and times 0.05 for PvE...equats to 160 points (ish) for a Rear Admiral hostility and way way more for PvP than day 1

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

I don't think I ever asked the Devs to do anything. I just wanted to clearly point out how the numbers would affect PvP2. I am 100% informed that there will be only 1 PvP server at launch and I am 100% for 1 PvP server instead of 2. So if the numbers help PvP1 since PvP1 is probably more realistic in terms of how the game will work, then by all means that will be how the aggression works.

Again, I just wanted to bring light on how it will kill PvP2 small population nations. If something could be done about it in the meantime? great, if not? oh well.

Why on earth were some ships nerfed from Gold to Purple, this seems to have happened for no apparent reason and in a totally random style where identical ships either went down a quality level or remained gold. This was a senseless move which gained nothing other than to irritate people who put a lot into getting gold ships which are now worthless.

The resource distribution is appalling. A bad move all round.

Why on earth were some ships nerfed from Gold to Purple, this seems to have happened for no apparent reason and in a totally random style where identical ships either went down a quality level or remained gold. This was a senseless move which gained nothing other than to irritate people who put a lot into getting gold ships which are now worthless.

The resource distribution is appalling. A bad move all round.

No nerf...as far as I can tell they simply changed any ship with a 2x or 4x module setup to purp's

Thanks Jehel, did they say that somewhere? or is that an observation. Did the stats change when they did this?

Did you look at the trim bonuses? They are still exceptional if the ship was previously exceptional. Only thing that changed was the color of the ship's tooltip window when you mouse over it.

• Like 1

Did you look at the trim bonuses? They are still exceptional if the ship was previously exceptional. Only thing that changed was the color of the ship's tooltip window when you mouse over it.

the "golden/MC cut" seems to be having 7 upgrade slots , adding permanent and regular ones. Printed stats are unaltered

On PvP2, it is difficult for a small nation like France to get enough aggression against some of the undefended British territories (dominica) as all the fighting ends up being PvE.  While it appears possible to build a decent percentage on weekends with people playing for longer hours, we will lose most of that during the week with players only on for 1-2 hours a day in the evenings.

Thanks Jehel, did they say that somewhere? or is that an observation. Did the stats change when they did this?

I had 3 ships go purple, no stat changes and no official announcement in Patch notes...I did see a 'green' say its just a reclasification but that isn't bible.