Game-Labs Forum

Was the three Admiral's treaty such a good idea after all?

Fletch

A while ago I advocated taking Spain out the war completely, then turning east and teaching the French a lesson. But no it was not to be, despite every ones hard work and countless port battles the dogs of war were called off and the leash put on.

Spain was let off the hook and everyone is all of a sudden chummy.

Fast forward to today and now the Dutch are under the cosh in a big way, and Brit chat has people moaning about lack of people participating in port battles. What amazes me is the complete lack of common sense and military planning the people in charge of these RVR war operations have.

I have seen ports captured through blood sweat and tears, only to be lost a day or so later totally  undefended, I have seen and endless back and forth of meaningless ports change hands, and I have seen a complete lack of foresight and an even bigger lack of will to deliver a knock out blow when the opportunity presents itself.

Now people are once again being hounded at to take part in yet more port battles over the same ports that are time and time again taken then lost, its hard to get motivated for this because should you ever prevail some diplomat will step forward and advocate peace and undo all the hard work you put in over the campaign.

So for my part until a leader emerges that has some strategic sense and plan on how to wage a war I have very little motivation to play endless port swapping and have much more fun around Jamaica.

• Like 6

I totally agree with the OP.

Just my personal opinion:

I give the whole RvR a break as well, until 'our' glorious leaders started to get the organization in the battles themselves.

So far it 'we' have a really good admiral regarding being a brilliant commander regarding tactics, but as long as even he hasn't proper radio dicipline, stops pissing of people without even understanding what he just said 'there' and gets his shit together regarding organization, I will make a huge way around all RvR.

(And the so called 'allies' we had didn't help my motivation as well.)

Regardless if the so called "Three Admirals Treaty" was a good idea or not. The Dutch Nation was under a heavy attack of four Nations of France, Denmark-Norway, Spain and our former allie Sweden, not to forget the black breed, the Pirates.

Despite of our hard resistance we lost a lot of ports while fighting on two, temporaily even three, fronts.

But we didn't ever and we won't ever complain - we are playing the game and fighting back!

Edited by Dick Brave
  • Like 10

Three admirals treaty and not "one-porting" Spain after our weekend campaign was a good idea.

A lot of posts from Spanish players and the inherent propaganda is really pissing me of with their double standards and ungratefulness being the most annoying two components.

Nevertheless this is a warGAME. Beating somebody to the ground only to continue to camp their capital is never a good idea.

If you have no "enemies" there is no Game left. This is about fighting battles after all.

If there was no back and forth and all ports where red or orange what would we do then?

I would like to see a mechanic where a goal ala capture 12 regions or gather some sort of admiralty points to "win" is set and once there is a winner you then have a let's say 2 weeks period of enforced peace. As a gimmic you get a rare ship (not a BP because is might screw up balance) a campaign flag or a set of paint and custom stuff.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 5

There is something I dont get here... Are we complaining about having PB? It seems senseless to me... I can recommend a couple of carfting games and other about just Naval Battles if its that what anyone is looking forward.

Pd: Holland is having a hard time due several reasons I wont bring here.

Pd2: chimera... Dont start again with that bullshit.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar

I do understand this type of feeling and wished since I started NA to participate in far better organized team play with constructive strategy. 

But I always remind me :

- that a large community multiplayer game that requires extreme organization & communication within a strategic scenary is very hard to reach or almost impossible. 

- that the necessary involvement required for that game does not fit with most player availability (real life). 

- that most players in that game love to win and need fast results instead of long term global results, while others just love economy build only.

and finally, that what really matters at the end is to have fun with passionated good friends.

We are a bunch of nuts who love that game, we veterans are becoming the heart of it, so let good mood & gentlemanship prevail.

I'm sure when Game geopolitic & Diplomacy will be polished with further rules NA will become really top.

• Like 3

I totally agree with the OP.

Just my personal opinion:

I give the whole RvR a break as well, until 'our' glorious leaders started to get the organization in the battles themselves.

So far it 'we' have a really good admiral regarding being a brilliant commander regarding tactics, but as long as even he hasn't proper radio dicipline, stops pissing of people without even understanding what he just said 'there' and gets his shit together regarding organization, I will make a huge way around all RvR.

(And the so called 'allies' we had didn't help my motivation as well.)

As a US Player, I and some others of us have tried to help the Netherlands and the Brits where we could. But I've seen only the same ppl helping again and again. That was Tiagro with his clan members and my clan jumping between free ports to help against spain, france, pirates.

For me the DIPLO system has changed so much that we cant speak about a fair game anymore - and I will make a break from that game.

For me the DIPLO system has changed so much that we cant speak about a fair game anymore - and I will make a break from that game.

Did it change that much? I see the same alliances but now its "official" ingame and it gives you some advantages to use "friend" ports... I would be intrested in your thoughts about which was that big change.

Pd: Holland is having a hard time due several reasons I wont bring here.

The Dutch are now in a pretty defensive position, but not because of the Admirality treaty, but mainly by choice. It is tough on us now, I agree, but my goodness what a fun battles you guys (French/Danes/Spanish/Pirates) are granting us. Every last Dutch fishing cutter we have is drafted into "the dreaded Dutch fireship fleet" (hi Danes) or certain keypoints are defended 'till there is no mast left standing and costly repairs and replacements start to hurt our opponents (hi Pampatar). We try to make a war against the Dutch not cheap and we give it our best to bring a (almost) non whining opponent to you with creative players and with ports that have a vulnerability that also suit our opponents to bring good (and foremost memorable) fights.

The most active clans within our nation might not always agree with each other on how to achieve that, but one thing is certain, we stand united in giving you fun and know that we appreciate every battle you give us.

I hope you guys will continue see us as a foolhardy but creative bunch of gamers that don't mind loosing, but still want to play to win. It is something we really are trying to work hard on within the Dutch Nation. We certainly see a lot of you guys that way in return.

With respect and love,

Lytse Pier

Heer van de Rekenkamer, XIX

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 16

A while ago I advocated taking Spain out the war completely, then turning east and teaching the French a lesson. But no it was not to be, despite every ones hard work and countless port battles the dogs of war were called off and the leash put on.

(If you would have been there you would have know that is impossible , to push Spain past mantua)

Fast forward to today and now the Dutch are under the cosh in a big way, and Brit chat has people moaning about lack of people participating in port battles. What amazes me is the complete lack of common sense and military planning the people in charge of these RVR war operations have.

I have seen ports captured through blood sweat and tears, only to be lost a day or so later totally  undefended, I have seen and endless back and forth of meaningless ports change hands, and I have seen a complete lack of foresight and an even bigger lack of will to deliver a knock out blow when the opportunity presents itself. ( since you are so smart i hope you will have the opportunity to make your planes and give your knockout punch)

Now people are once again being hounded at to take part in yet more port battles over the same ports that are time and time again taken then lost, its hard to get motivated for this because should you ever prevail some diplomat will step forward and advocate peace and undo all the hard work you put in over the campaign.

So for my part until a leader emerges that has some strategic sense and plan on how to wage a war I have very little motivation to play endless port swapping and have much more fun around Jamaica.

Next time use your in-game name pliz , i much more prefer to know wit who im talking to then hiding behind nicknames

The 3 admirals treaty wasn't an idea from one person and if you want you can raise your opinion on the TS , this treaty wasn't also made only from the British side but with the cooperation of the dutch

Edited by GeneralPas

Ultimately that is the problem with these two-sided conflicts - if you want to broker peace with anyone, there's hardly any option for them to go from there that doesn't make them entirely excluded from RvR altogether. What were the Spaniards expected to do next? Just sit tight and PvE?

Hopefully it wont be bloc-on-bloc warfare forever, I found it a fair bit more exciting when we had 3-5 local wars going on independent of one another instead of just fronts of a big war.

I have seen ports captured through blood sweat and tears, only to be lost a day or so later totally  undefended, I have seen and endless back and forth of meaningless ports change hands, and I have seen a complete lack of foresight and an even bigger lack of will to deliver a knock out blow when the opportunity presents itself.

Did you try to defend ports that were "totally undefended"?

If not, maybe, just maybe that's the reason they are undefended.

Nations cannot be defeated, La Habana cannot be taken. There is no knock out blow in the game. Your entire premise is wrong it has been tried with 5 times the ships we have now and it hasn't worked.

Big mouth about RvR, but no clue, and contributes nothing. It takes a lot to set me off but you just did. Good job.

Get on national TS and start helping. There are no dictators. You can influence what is happening.

But it is ofc easier stamping your foot and whine that there is no Nelson in charge and quit.

Will this change things?

It is people like the OP who make me want to leave GB and camp their sorry self righteous selves in front of KPR.

• Like 5

I rarely post in National News, but I think it comes down to two things:

1. Port Battle fatigue. It can be exhausting doing multiple port battles a week, let alone a night.

2. Port wipe incoming. We know ports are being reset with a new method for capturing them in this month's patch. Today is the 14th, so most are figuring on laying low for a couple weeks, taking a break, and coming back with a vengeance.

In a nutshell, I wouldn't be worried about it.

• Like 1

Right now its not about holding ports

Its about helping our allies in there time of need , ofc if people don't play them game , real life commitments nobody is upset about those but there will come a day when we will need our allies and maybe they wont come just as now our players are not coming to help them.

• Like 2

Did you try to defend ports that were "totally undefended"?

If not, maybe, just maybe that's the reason they are undefended.

Nations cannot be defeated, La Habana cannot be taken. There is no knock out blow in the game. Your entire premise is wrong it has been tried with 5 times the ships we have now and it hasn't worked.

Big mouth about RvR, but no clue, and contributes nothing. It takes a lot to set me off but you just did. Good job.

Get on national TS and start helping. There are no dictators. You can influence what is happening.

But it is ofc easier stamping your foot and whine that there is no Nelson in charge and quit.

Will this change things?

It is people like the OP who make me want to leave GB and camp their sorry self righteous selves in front of KPR.

I am not being self righteous, I am simply pointing out why I and many other people have absolutely zero interest in fighting port battles for the British nation at the moment. 

While Havana can not be taken, Spain could of been burnt down to one port and left with a handful of players, it would of taken them weeks if not months to rebuild. In that time we could of crushed the French with the our Dutch allies and then had the final show down with the Danes.

But of course you knew better, yet here we are being asked in Brit chat to fight again over the very same ports against the very same people so the whole process can start again?

From what I have seen no one at the top has a very clear idea on strategic planning and meaningless ports get taken and lost constantly  reminiscent of WW1 trench warfare.

That's my opinion nothing personal. Guess I am sick and tired of countless port battles that led to nothing.

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 1

Right now im offering 2 mil gold for this guy here fletch but the only issue is he doesn't use his in-game nick as he like to hide behind anonymity
right now im not sour if he is even a british player as the things he is saying are outright stupid

I hope the danish , french, Swedish and Spanish teach players like this a fast lesson

• Like 1

I am not being self righteous, I am simply pointing out why I and many other people have absolutely zero interest in fighting port battles for the British nation at the moment. 

While Havana can not be taken, Spain could of been burnt down to one port and left with a handful of players, it would of taken them weeks if not months to rebuild. In that time we could of crushed the French with the our Dutch allies and then had the final show down with the Danes..

The Good think is you don't represent British nation. It was never out intend to kill somebody's player base and will never be.

it is very sad that you would actually consider that as a strategy to "win" a game.

That's just shameful

• Like 8

Agree with Chimera, I personally consider it shameful even think about such action... Unfortunately there are players that dont see how painful is for the game itself... And they are in everynation, I just hope they will never control the fate of any other nation.

And another thing, they, the british RvR players, not always decide what to do, sometimes the initiative comes from the other side and/or your plans become unreachable.

• Like 1

While Havana can not be taken, Spain could of been burnt down to one port and left with a handful of players, it would of taken them weeks if not months to rebuild. In that time we could of crushed the French with the our Dutch allies and then had the final show down with the Danes.

But of course you knew better, yet here we are being asked in Brit chat to fight again over the very same ports against the very same people so the whole process can start again?

From what I have seen no one at the top has a very clear idea on strategic planning and meaningless ports get taken and lost constantly  reminiscent of WW1 trench warfare.

That's my opinion nothing personal. Guess I am sick and tired of countless port battles that led to nothing.

You seem to miss the fact that this is a game. If you like to play a friendly game of football with your friends (or even 'enemies' from the other side of town) but you play dirty because you just HAVE to win, only two things can happen. In the end either no one wants to play with you anymore, or everybody plays very nasty and dirty and nobody will have fun.

Good job, you just ruined the game you like to play.

So, as the games stands now, there is no way to knock an opponent out of a war. That is a limitation of the game (and should be addressed IMO), but it is NOT a failure of leadership that they don't want to ruin the game for a large group of players!

• Like 5

Right now its not about holding ports

Its about helping our allies in there time of need , ofc if people don't play them game , real life commitments nobody is upset about those but there will come a day when we will need our allies and maybe they wont come just as now our players are not coming to help them.

This.

And the British players which hunted down NL ships during the 2 day alliance pause didn't help as well the relations.

• Like 1