Game-Labs Forum

pvp2 BRITAIN CIVIL WAR

Rebel Witch

The funny thing is, I am not mad at anyone in this situation. 

I find it quite frankly sad that, the SAME drama happens in every PVP game I see.

While I find myself deep in it right now, I am not upset by it or really put off by it.   I know like all forms of PVP drama it will pass, and in a few weeks there will be new drama from somewhere else. 

I don't think BLACK are bad, I think there are a few bad "seeds" in BLACK, but ultimately I find they as annoying as any PK clan.  They claim one thing they say one thing, like challenge to a 1v1 then call all their friends, or say they want PvP then avoid actual fights.   But hey that is the nature of a wannabe hard clan. 

Coming from other PVP oriented games and seeing a far harsher environment than this, I find it always mildly entertaining to see people cry about PvP when on a PvP server.  If there is going to be fighting, there is going to be egos, and with egos comes trash talking.  And with trash talking comes butt hurt, butt hurt leads to drama. 

I agree that this thread should be locked.  It has run its course, and all it is doing is continuing to add to the tensions and butt hurt of some individuals.  

I am sure Loco is fine and I myself am fine, but others seem to be taking this very personally.  

It's interesting that the guy who takes pride on the forum of being a troll wants threads locked when it is convenient for him. 

I have read over i think four or five threads on this british war and easily the one making the most comments is Hodo, yet you talk about "drama" as if it comes from other people. 

I think Hodo is more active on the forums running his fingers than he is in the game helping britain. Snap!

Someone has to... well I dont think we have killed everyone in GB lol

Lol in all honesty i do have a "peace " idea that may work. As BLACK and other pirates know im a pretty neutral third party who acually dont agree with pirates making war but can understand why they do.

Mostly I want peace so i have a place to hunt britsh players again lol.

• Like 2

How is that out numbered?  I counted 7 more ships on the Brit/US side?  Don't tell me your like the Dutch and don't count AI?   If there is a ship in the battle it counts, but it might be just why you guys and them keep loosing PvP fights when you out number us.  Cause hate to say it AI can be pretty stupid and some times hurt you in a fight when they go full retard mode.

Having fought on the US side I know for fact NPG had admitted to showing up many times in basic ships with no mods.  Let me tell you a little secret.  OUR PORT BATTLE SHIPS ARE FITTED FOR JUST THAT TO FIGTH AND FIGHT HARD.  Most of them are tanked out with good mod set ups and ready for a brawl.  While we have other ships for PvP play.     We aren't affraid to loose our ships and will fight to the last man if need be.  That is why we win fights.  Way to many of our victories have been when we are out number and as soon as we start to sink some one the other team runs and breaks down and every one starts escaping.   Funny it's getting so common we actually know who to expect to pop and escape first in the battle.

Not certain why this sort of response. I gave credit exactly to what you felt the need to regurgitate.

except...i disagree that the AI rate of ship matters. Few of us are about to crew a fleet of high rate ships, and therefore we have cheap little ones that sink from one broadside. How they actually count, makes no sense to me. but ohwell, to each their own opinion.

Not certain why this sort of response. I gave credit exactly to what you felt the need to regurgitate.

except...i disagree that the AI rate of ship matters. Few of us are about to crew a fleet of high rate ships, and therefore we have cheap little ones that sink from one broadside. How they actually count, makes no sense to me. but ohwell, to each their own opinion.

AI ships are derpy as hell, but that doesn't change the fact that they're a force multiplier. They still cause damage so you can't discount them entirely. Having my sails shot to shit by irritating AI while I'm maneuvering to engage a player means I'm going to have to utilize sail repair sooner. No different than if a "small rate" player was occupying that space, and knowing they couldn't do much hull damage, focused on sails instead. 

• Like 2

Some pirates might want to use some of their alts to go brit at 6am and get some ports back. I'm seeing people come in that haven't been on for awhile and missed all the non sense and  getting a little discouraged. This whole retaliation thing the pirates decided to do hasn't helped the server health much.

• Like 1

I have questioned since the beginning why players would want to essentially drive people away from a game they want to play. It's a shame what was done by the US to Spain, by Denmark-Norge to France and Sweden, and by the Pirates to France, Sweden, the Netherlands, and now the British. All it does is make fewer people play on the PVP2 server.

• Like 1

I think this topic should be closed or simply abandoned; to be honest it has evolved into somewhat of a cesspool in which insults fly. 

The people who engage in such behaviour should know that the only thing to trade within this game are cannon; gunpowder & the splinters from impact; not petty insults or 'memes' like children.

• Like 1

I have questioned since the beginning why players would want to essentially drive people away from a game they want to play. It's a shame what was done by the US to Spain, by Denmark-Norge to France and Sweden, and by the Pirates to France, Sweden, the Netherlands, and now the British. All it does is make fewer people play on the PVP2 server.

I'm not entirely sure, but it may be the players mentality. on PvP1 almost every nation has been under 5 ports at a certain period of time, yet they have not experienced the same "people are driven away" to the extent that PvP2 has. Honestly, in my opinion, if a player can not handle the fact that his nation may at some point in time have 5 or less ports and if they can't find alternate ways to adapt to the situation then how would they survive any MMO that has you lose assets? That player is important to keep playing, but at some point in time if all they want is peace and quiet and to not lose anything then why play any games at all? A game that doesn't have loss means you don't risk anything, and when you don't risk anything, the game gets boring.

EDIT: Heck at this moment because of the smuggler flag and freetowns. holding ports is "almost" entirely useless except to have a base to hold ships or have buildings...but when you have a server with a low population, the port produces enough resources that you don't need buildings. When you need a resource you go to the freetown and "EU Trade" it. I have been able to get every resource and ship with one single port. It's really not hard at all and what's better? You don't need to worry about defending anything. I would prefer to look at the positives, but maybe it's because I've experience being a one port nation twice now.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

I'm not entirely sure, but it may be the players mentality. on PvP1 almost every nation has been under 5 ports at a certain period of time, yet they have not experienced the same "people are driven away" to the extent that PvP2 has. Honestly, in my opinion, if a player can not handle the fact that his nation may at some point in time have 5 or less ports and if they can't find alternate ways to adapt to the situation then how would they survive any MMO that has you lose assets? That player is important to keep playing, but at some point in time if all they want is peace and quiet and to not lose anything then why play any games at all? A game that doesn't have loss means you don't risk anything, and when you don't risk anything, the game gets boring.

EDIT: Heck at this moment because of the smuggler flag and freetowns. holding ports is "almost" entirely useless except to have a base to hold ships or have buildings...but when you have a server with a low population, the port produces enough resources that you don't need buildings. When you need a resource you go to the freetown and "EU Trade" it. I have been able to get every resource and ship with one single port. It's really not hard at all and what's better? You don't need to worry about defending anything. I would prefer to look at the positives, but maybe it's because I've experience being a one port nation twice now.

The expression if you fall off the horse just get right back up there does not apply in this day in age it seems.

Like you mentioned port ownership is more about bragging rights then anything necessary but players act like its the most important thing in the game.

If you get knocked down to a few ports its opportunity to get organized use the smuggler ability and learn to play small and lay in waiting . Build lots of warships amd store them up. Dont use them till you can launch a massive effort in reclaiming some land and so on.

Unfortunately its easier to just bail on your mates and join the enemy.

• Like 3

The expression if you fall off the horse just get right back up there does not apply in this day in age it seems.

Like you mentioned port ownership is more about bragging rights then anything necessary but players act like its the most important thing in the game.

If you get knocked down to a few ports its opportunity to get organized use the smuggler ability and learn to play small and lay in waiting . Build lots of warships amd store them up. Dont use them till you can launch a massive effort in reclaiming some land and so on.

Unfortunately its easier to just bail on your mates and join the enemy.

Indeed, nor have I understood the decision by many to "jump ship".

Otherwise, I am inclined to agree with Lord de Villaret that this has likely run its course.

• Like 1

I was only being sarcastic. Btw, the last person who sounded discouraged was a revisiting pirate player.  I don't have a problem with it making me want to leave. We still have all the free ports to go out of that can never be taken away. It's the new or revisiting players to the server, or new players in general who might get discouraged. We did loose a can to another nation, but I don't know what there motive was.

I agree mate. It's time to look forward and I will discuss things with the clan.

You guys are hard core Loco, its why i tried to get cordova to end the war before britain was swallowed up. Thanks for being cool and easing up on britain in our agreement. Despite our making a peace deal for british ports, i wont stop the rebellion against CKA and their stubborn style of diplomacy that led to britain getting wiped out for a week. Britain lost many good players.

BLACK won the war despite CKA refusing to make peace with BLACK. At least we can get jamaica and some ports back now.

Enjoy your break.

• Like 1

I don't think you're alone, the pvp2 server was low-pop this weekend, presumably everyone waiting for the patch. Or should I say lower-pop, lol.

Im not logging in as often but only because half the people i hunted are now without any ports to sail to and from :P

Hopefully today i can find someone to take from ( oops sounded like a politician )

• Like 1

Easing up?  They took every port, they still gank noobs outside of Kingston, and they still use alts to talk trash in British National chat.  The only reason GB is getting ports back at all is because a few people are finally pulling their heads out of the sand and retaking them.  

I know myself I have refused to lead or buy a flag for any recapture as long as people like you are sitting back talking trash about CKA or Cordova. 

If you want help on taking back ports, well get your rainbow coalition together and go and carebear stare them down.  

Hodo most in black are not even on atm, I not been on in 2 weeks (other than burning labor hours)been on vacation and wont be back until like Sat.  Others playing other games until patch you might see 5 on at same time last 5 days maybe lol dought it tho, I logged on to burn hours and saw 3 on at prim time.  So get your ports back, we all taking a break but make no mistake, I have not been told it is over So it is not over yet.  New ports for you and CKA means New Offensive for us.  The US will be working hard just to get back to where they are now after port reset you are not going to get much help from them.  But we will be in your face again soon enough.

• Like 2

Easing up?  They took every port, they still gank noobs outside of Kingston, and they still use alts to talk trash in British National chat.  The only reason GB is getting ports back at all is because a few people are finally pulling their heads out of the sand and retaking them.  

I know myself I have refused to lead or buy a flag for any recapture as long as people like you are sitting back talking trash about CKA or Cordova. 

If you want help on taking back ports, well get your rainbow coalition together and go and carebear stare them down.  

Hodo you got it all wrong. Didnt you read my post earlier. 

You guys can have Jamica back and the Cays for good measure and server health. The rest we may just turn up. Like I said before, job done by us. We are having a holiday till port wipe. As for the other pirates I dunno what they upto but our clan is having a break till port wipe. Well some of us.

You guys are hard core Loco, its why i tried to get cordova to end the war before britain was swallowed up. Thanks for being cool and easing up on britain in our agreement. Despite our making a peace deal for british ports, i wont stop the rebellion against CKA and their stubborn style of diplomacy that led to britain getting wiped out for a week. Britain lost many good players.

BLACK won the war despite CKA refusing to make peace with BLACK. At least we can get jamaica and some ports back now.

Enjoy your break.

This is what was said to you and UK and the other small clans who have started up. 

As for the guys who left GB, I told them not to leave and be patient.

I wouldnt be sorry for what I said.

It is the truth. 

My take as toxic as it may seem is simple.   Out of the 5 dozen or so British nation players on PVP2, who login throughout the day.  Of them I would say half are PVErs, and have no goals or knowledge on how to fight.  One quarter of the players are "fair weather friends" they are only their when you are winning otherwise they are only there to talk down to you and how bad you have done.   The remaining quarter is those that actually try to fight and win, but are often out numbered and out classed by or opponents. 

This isnt taking into account the number of alts that are only in the nation to sway votes, or start shit, or flat out exploit the game by one way or another.

The other problems with the server, and the other PVP server is the way the game is currently done.  It is incomplete and some things are VERY broken or exploitable.   There are massive loopholes in the games design that leave it easy to take advantage of.   Fact is if you have no life and time you can login right after server reset and make millions if not billions of you are timing things right.  Just off of tobacco and sugar. 

Then there is the fact that the national system is VERY incomplete.  Pirates should not be a nation, period.   Ship production should be expensive and time consuming.  Crews should cost more and be far more expensive to maintain.  Ammunition should be a thing on a ship and a REAL concern for most vessels.  

But this is my take on the situation like or hate it fact is, this game is still incomplete.  And luckily they dont claim it is.  The next 2 patch cycles will change a lot in this game, and I have a feeling some players will really be hating the changes, while others will like them.  

Geezus Hodo,  I guess we better hope you like the changes in the next two patches or we will never hear the end of your endless posts complaining about it; or how others play the game. lol

If you leave britain Hodo, go play Portugal, a new playable nation i just made :)

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 1

AI ships are derpy as hell, but that doesn't change the fact that they're a force multiplier. They still cause damage so you can't discount them entirely. Having my sails shot to shit by irritating AI while I'm maneuvering to engage a player means I'm going to have to utilize sail repair sooner. No different than if a "small rate" player was occupying that space, and knowing they couldn't do much hull damage, focused on sails instead. 

Exactly and even worse when your AI has been into the rum and tend to drive like blind mice all over the place ramming into your own ships and stuff.  There is a reason I normally don't run them and it's cause I swear I put the most blond blind captains on them it seems.

Hodo most in black are not even on atm, I not been on in 2 weeks (other than burning labor hours)been on vacation and wont be back until like Sat.  Others playing other games until patch you might see 5 on at same time last 5 days maybe lol dought it tho, I logged on to burn hours and saw 3 on at prim time.  So get your ports back, we all taking a break but make no mistake, I have not been told it is over So it is not over yet.  New ports for you and CKA means New Offensive for us.  The US will be working hard just to get back to where they are now after port reset you are not going to get much help from them.  But we will be in your face again soon enough.

Though the funny thing is how many ports are US going to take off off that use to belong to Brits and they won't get back cause of there alliance?

Oh and yes I been playing other games and doing family things myself.  Nice to take a break once in a while.   We need new content so this patch needs to hurry up and get here.

• Like 1

Hodo you got it all wrong. Didnt you read my post earlier. 

You guys can have Jamica back and the Cays for good measure and server health. The rest we may just turn up. Like I said before, job done by us. We are having a holiday till port wipe. As for the other pirates I dunno what they upto but our clan is having a break till port wipe. Well some of us.

^ This.

If Britain players would really care (like they say so) about new players they would have done something to stop the war.

Instead it is pirates again who have to do something for you...

All the bullshit talk on GB nation chat is all GB veteran players doing. Most GB players didnt leave server. They rerolled to other nations to run away from all the drama that GB vet players causing. The whine and wailing just excruciating. Please stop it. Your whine is what kills the game for everyone now, not just the new players.

Grow up. Add some weight to your balls.

Here, have your ports back. We are done with you. Full stop.

^ Is this clear enough for you?

Just stop the hysteria already. Playing a competitive game with you is like winning chess game from 10yo who starts crying and bitching and kicks things around.

Loco this topic was supposed to be closed 15 pages ago, but Hodo seems eager to have a last say. Let him have it. Its every woman's prerogative.

They started this shit with us. They got beaten. You tell them we won, but they will never agree. You tell them look you are down to one fkn port! They reply EXACTLY we still got one left!

How can you argue with BS tellers like that? Its easier to bang your head against the wall.

They would rather get all their nation to disband than man up and get it sorted.

No matter how they look at the results of this war. One thing they will never forget - what pirates are capable of. Remember that next time you even think to backstab us again Brits.

Next time you decide to break a deal do it properly like a men.

Here - let me give you an example.

This people will never be happy. They are just a bunch of immature players.

We took all of their ports and the nation went into shock. Quiet. Almost silence.

We gave them their ports back. Here take them. We are on vacation. And voila! GB chat burst with victory cries! Pirates are loosing! We doing great! 10-20 ports in one day!!! Go Britain.

WTF is this lol? They cry for a month - stop the war, give us our ports back! We gave it back and what do they do? Yeah!!! We FOUGHT you dirty pirates! We conquered them back! Go Britain! We beat the pirate scum!

HA-HA-HA!

Fkn pathetic. Right here you re proving that playing the game with you will never be fun. If you win you will mess us in dirt, if you loose you will mess us in dirt.

No Honor in your loses, no Dignity in your wins. No hand shaking. No rewarding tap on a shoulder - you were very sporty my friend thanks for the fight.

I truly feel sometime that we need to walk in to GB and get it sorted for you and show you how its done properly.

Only handful of people in GB is capable of doing this and whats funny most of them are new players. Whats not funny they are leaving GB. Whats alarming is the contingent of players left - just a bunch of immature assholes and bedbenny's puppets.

This will never ends. The butt is hurting too much.

Brits - get this right already. We have walked away from YOUR GAME. We dont need your fkn ports. Here (!) take them back.

Stop bitching about us lurking around KPR. We are fkn pirates. Get that? We will just be pirates and there will be no more deals with you.

[bLACK] Koltes.

P.S. Do NOT complain about server drama if you are the ones who is feeding it.

P.S.S. Since you are getting your ports back so stops our "green list" of some of your clans. From now on I consider myself free from any obligations not to sink some of the GB players. Get the message across.

P.S.S.S. This was my last thread in this post.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

Lol this thread. Let me get this straight. We make a deal to give ports back for server health and new players and the Brits are boasting they won the war? They smashed us? Lol. I thought the US were delusional but this takes the cake.

Port wipe is around the corner so we made a deal with small clans to give ports back because they were willing to do diplomacy and help new players. We as a clan achieved what we needed for being double crossed. Took GB from 80 ports to 1 with the help of their alliance friends.

Like I've said again. Job done by us, mission accomplished. You guys lost the war. GG in the end and like I said before Hodo everyone wants to move on and start fresh with port wipe but you keep throwing insults and more wood on the fire when the fire is out. Unless your an officer I will not negotiate with you.

So have your Jamaica back and Cays and you will see we can keep our word as they have been uncotested. Just like when we gave Dutch, French, Spain and US ports. We know how to hold our end of a bargain. Plus we never wanted ports, the whole idea was to take you down to one as punishment.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 2