Game-Labs Forum

Log off at after battle screen - lose your battle rewards and ship dura restored to those that did not log off and those waiting outside.

Yesterday I witnessed a new 'tactic' to avoid a battle. We were hunting 2 Pirates and what did they do? Attack each other so they had a headstart and could easily sail away to the battle screen...

Right now the advantage lies with the pirates/privateers with fast ships. They can pick an easy target and chose the time and location for the fight. Once enough defence has formed they just have to evade combat once (which is easy in the right ship) and are save in the battle screen. How is that fair?

Ummmmm, very fair.  YOU have the oppotunity to sail a fast ship as well, no?

Hiding in after battle screen MAYBE is a legitimate solution for all-time workers and etc.

But combined with things like defensive tagging, pirates attacking each other, ships popping out of nowhere - it becomes an exploit. 

Do a lot of people use staying in BS as it was intended (to attend to real life problems) - yes.

But on the other hand do a bunch of gank-bang cheaters use this as an exploit - yes! Take a bunch of pirate/spain gank bang of 9+ fast ships raiding around WS each day. This is a gank bang squad which attack only lone and weaker ships and which hides in a battle screen as soon as they see a good defensive fleet enclosing on them. Just attack your spanish or pirate pal - and you've created yourself a nice hiding place. And this issue should be addressed! You can say - bring fast ships, dont sail alone and all other kinds of crap. This doesn't removes the fact that staying in BS + various kind of defensive tagging practically nullifies probabliity of catching that group.

I just left them be and went raiding Spanish shore near habana, but what advice can you give to newbies? For now you are saying smth like this: "Sorry, pal, a bunch of shitheads uses staying in BS as an exploit, but for me and my pal this feature is viable for my real life so I don't wanna change anything and even discuss this".

Something should definitely be done with hiding in BS AND with insta-logging on exploit (when pirates log of in a popular place leaving one spy in basic cutter and when lone ship comes about they just pop out of nowhere all over the place).

For now I will suggest putting a "can't do anything timer" when logging on in OW and when exiting BS after, for example, 5 mins staying in there passed. So it will be like log of in OW timer, but a tad longer. So, for example, if you stayed in BS for more then 5 mins than upon logon you won't be able to move for 5 mins - if anybody is there - they will have a chance for a perfect tag. Same goes for logging on in OW. 

And of course there should be a marks in OW for logged of ships and staying in BS ships. If ships can vanish and pop out of nowhere - the IRL goes to hell anyways - but at least traps in OW like the one I described above won't be possible.

Anyway - let's stop calling gankbangers the people wanting to defend their home waters from pirates and calling EVERYBODY who hides in BS an honest person who uses hiding in BS ONLY when his pregnant wife or baby or boss needs his undivided attention. 

This feature is used both for good and for bad. We should discuss and devs should implement some measures to reduce the possibility of this feature being used for bad.

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 1

If they remove coordinates, remove battle markers, then maybe they can remove log off from battle.  But as long as the open world runs compressed while battles do not, you can't do this.  People must be able to log off.  Otherwise people moving at light speed can come to the battle and wait for the people in the battle to get out and gank them.

That and like tonight we where heading back to a port after a shallow water port battle and I wasn't paying attention and some one tagged me just as I was about to port in.  Well he got a bad tag and I out ran him.  I had been in two port battles for that last two hours and needed to get off to make dinner. I didn't have the time to sit there and get tagged again and play with this guy.  So I left myself at the log out of battle screen and went to make some dinner.  I came back hopped out and into port and than went on to play some other part of the map with a different ship.  Some times we can't just keep fighting hours and hours and hours on.

Last week I was in a battle when my internet and phone went downdue to a storm. I had no internet for five days. When I finally was able to log in I was still in battle result screen, after FIVE days not playing.

Thats bad luck of course, but if I would get punished for this I simply could not accept that.

a simple solution will be if you log of in battle screen 

you have a absent timer for 4 hours 

simple

you where going to bed and sleep at least 4 hours so no harm done..... wright

when you go to the shop you are also gone for hours ..so no harm done ... wright

when you have to go to work you work for your boss takes also 6 hours ,so no harm done ..wright

so implement a timer then simple and effective to overcome the exploit

(i bet they wont listen to my arguments for a reason)

• Like 1

Hiding in after battle screen MAYBE is a legitimate solution for all-time workers and etc.

But combined with things like defensive tagging, pirates attacking each other, ships popping out of nowhere - it becomes an exploit.

Do a lot of people use staying in BS as it was intended (to attend to real life problems) - yes.

But on the other hand do a bunch of gank-bang cheaters use this as an exploit - yes! Take a bunch of pirate/spain gank bang of 9+ fast ships raiding around WS each day. This is a gank bang squad which attack only lone and weaker ships and which hides in a battle screen as soon as they see a good defensive fleet enclosing on them. Just attack your spanish or pirate pal - and you've created yourself a nice hiding place. And this issue should be addressed! You can say - bring fast ships, dont sail alone and all other kinds of crap. This doesn't removes the fact that staying in BS + various kind of defensive tagging practically nullifies probabliity of catching that group.

I just left them be and went raiding Spanish shore near habana, but what advice can you give to newbies? For now you are saying smth like this: "Sorry, pal, a bunch of shitheads uses staying in BS as an exploit, but for me and my pal this feature is viable for my real life so I don't wanna change anything and even discuss this".

Something should definitely be done with hiding in BS AND with insta-logging on exploit (when pirates log of in a popular place leaving one spy in basic cutter and when lone ship comes about they just pop out of nowhere all over the place).

For now I will suggest putting a "can't do anything timer" when logging on in OW and when exiting BS after, for example, 5 mins staying in there passed. So it will be like log of in OW timer, but a tad longer. So, for example, if you stayed in BS for more then 5 mins than upon logon you won't be able to move for 5 mins - if anybody is there - they will have a chance for a perfect tag. Same goes for logging on in OW.

And of course there should be a marks in OW for logged of ships and staying in BS ships. If ships can vanish and pop out of nowhere - the IRL goes to hell anyways - but at least traps in OW like the one I described above won't be possible.

Anyway - let's stop calling gankbangers the people wanting to defend their home waters from pirates and calling EVERYBODY who hides in BS an honest person who uses hiding in BS ONLY when his pregnant wife or baby or boss needs his undivided attention.

This feature is used both for good and for bad. We should discuss and devs should implement some measures to reduce the possibility of this feature being used for bad.

You make good points but anyone and ever time guys make the post about pirates abusing it and repeatedly say pirates this and that makes it seem very much like someone who is just mad at pirates.

As i pirate TRUST ME when i say since i fight national players i ONLY see the abuse you mentioned used by national players. Plus if i had a gold for every rear admiral in a basic cutter sailing around i could buy the sea.

All factions use cheats stop saying its pirates. It makes you guys seem petty and takes legitimacy away from the point.

a simple solution will be if you log of in battle screen

you have a absent timer for 4 hours

simple

you where going to bed and sleep at least 4 hours so no harm done..... wright

when you go to the shop you are also gone for hours ..so no harm done ... wright

when you have to go to work you work for your boss takes also 6 hours ,so no harm done ..wright

so implement a timer then simple and effective to overcome the exploit

(i bet they wont listen to my arguments for a reason)

This is a great idea !! They should hotfix this in monday !

This game open world is huge and time consuming. Many times I log after a battle because it is just time to go to bed. Popping out to shake hands with all the angry Brits that are waiting for me on carsilles doorstep is not conducive to my health.

all i ask for is something that lets you know if they have logged off so that way you can get back to playing. Already know that they will never change this part of the game because to many people on the forums say not to so they can have their "safe space" after a fight and get to only fight when they want to. So instead of punishing people that are trying to respond to this threat by making them wait around doing nothing and the people that are in the battle just leaving and not giving..... about the fact that people will respond to them make a way to tell that way everyone can get back to the game/life and not wait around for nothing

I never wait more than a minute or two. My time is to valuable and once they pop out ill still be around and ill get them that time.

The people who acually sit and wait for hours to revenge gank someone.....well i think that says more about them than the guys who will hide for hours.

• Like 1

Well peeps, after reading every single post on the entire thread, as well as seeing many of the same points being made across the forums, I have a few ideas I'd like to throw out there.

1. Elimate teleporting to free towns.

I think we need to eliminate the ability to teleport to free towns. It kills the idea of "friendly" and "enemy" territory, and spreads the population of all the nations out considerably. Wouldn't it be more fun if there were some kind of "front line" where you knew there would be a lot of pvp? That front line would exist in areas where friendly ports are adjacent or near to enemy ports. Especially with the new port battle mechanics coming.

2. Re-Implement teleport cooldowns

The whole no cool down teleport thing is bogus as it is. The fact that a giant fleet can port in from halfway across the map, wreak havoc on a bunch players, then leave, is beyond silly. It kills so much immersion :(. Adding a teleport cool down will also make pvp more predictable, and, if implemented with my other ideas, easier to find.

Also, I think a HUGE part of this issue of SOME players hiding the the post battle screen stems from the fact that players can teleport without cool down. It's a main reason such large "revenge fleets" can even assemble so quickly in the first place! If we had the good old fashioned 4 hour or 8 hour cool down on the teleport, what are the chances that so many players would be able to assemble so quickly and wait outside a battle? I'd venture to say those numbers would be cut by massive amounts. Now, if a player was confident that there was little or no danger outside a battle, chances are they'd exit normally, and make all sail to get away from their attacker.

3. Make battle spawns closer

Why in the world is defensive tagging a legit strategy in a game that strives to be somewhat realistic?? I'm sorry but if you have been caught by a superior enemy, you've been caught. You made a tactical mistake that got you in a situation in which you are in real danger!

How to rid the game of defensive tagging? Make the battle spawns much, much closer. Spawns need to be within firing range of long chase guns, as the maximum. Why the heck are we starting a battle 3 KM away from the enemies?? It's so terrible when you KNOW you have the speed advanatage, only to watch the slow, lumbering ship disappear into thin air because of some magic, defensive tag. If the game is going to have OW compression, but have realistic speed in battles, the starting spawns need to be much closer to account for such.

P.S. This whole idea of the "revenge fleet" is ridiculous. I play as a US national in the game. If a few Spaniards decide they want to go look for something to sink deep in my home waters, they better be ready for retaliation. Any sane friendlies would respond to the report of enemies! How can I be one of only a select few people that understand this??? If you are in any sort of danger from this so called "revenge fleet" you are patrolling the wrong area, it's called local superiority. Let's stop demonising players that want to protect their territory please.

Please understand that for any one of these ideas to be effective, the other two should be considered! I'd love any feedback, so if you guys have ideas, feel free to type away. Cheers.

..How can I be one of only a select few people that understand this???..

I think there are much other players who understand this. You are not alone. :-)

While we have in 1 and 2 (teleport) some differences in details we are fully agree with point 3.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 1

"P.S. This whole idea of the "revenge fleet" is ridiculous. I play as a US national in the game. If a few Spaniards decide they want to go look for something to sink deep in my home waters, they better be ready for retaliation. Any sane friendlies would respond to the report of enemies! How can I be one of only a select few people that understand this??? If you are in any sort of danger from this so called "revenge fleet" you are patrolling the wrong area, it's called local superiority. Let's stop demonizing players that want to protect their territory please.

Please understand that for any one of these ideas to be effective, the other two should be considered! I'd love any feedback, so if you guys have ideas, feel free to type away. Cheers."

--------------------------------------------------------

you are not alone in your way of thinking

i totally agree on this matter 

but.... there are a lot of people who are trying to turn the game in their favor ,and you get a lot of bla bla bla and whining about staying in the pc memory is a legit way of the game

( in my eyes abuse and exploit)

ps .what i really don t understand is why dev s haven t changed it 1 whole year ago ,that s what really baffles my mind ,i really don t understand their way of thinking anymore

• Like 1

"P.S. This whole idea of the "revenge fleet" is ridiculous. I play as a US national in the game. If a few Spaniards decide they want to go look for something to sink deep in my home waters, they better be ready for retaliation. Any sane friendlies would respond to the report of enemies! How can I be one of only a select few people that understand this??? If you are in any sort of danger from this so called "revenge fleet" you are patrolling the wrong area, it's called local superiority. Let's stop demonizing players that want to protect their territory please.

Please understand that for any one of these ideas to be effective, the other two should be considered! I'd love any feedback, so if you guys have ideas, feel free to type away. Cheers."

--------------------------------------------------------

you are not alone in your way of thinking

i totally agree on this matter

but.... there are a lot of people who are trying to turn the game in their favor ,and you get a lot of bla bla bla and whining about staying in the pc memory is a legit way of the game

( in my eyes abuse and exploit)

ps .what i really don t understand is why dev s haven t changed it 1 whole year ago ,that s what really baffles my mind ,i really don t understand their way of thinking anymore

Its no so much that large numbers defend thier home waters but more the entire player base sits in ports waiting for a call to go out somewhere on the map then 40 guy teleport there , then back to the other spot then back to the new spot and so on. Kills any real strategy and any and all immersion and skill.

Ive literally fought groups of 25 vs me and spent hours fighting my way to freedome only to have them break up into two groups amd teleport to my known outposts and sink me there. Just stupid. World of warships is more realistic in that account.

Its no so much that large numbers defend thier home waters but more the entire player base sits in ports waiting for a call to go out somewhere on the map then 40 guy teleport there , then back to the other spot then back to the new spot and so on. Kills any real strategy and any and all immersion and skill.

Ive literally fought groups of 25 vs me and spent hours fighting my way to freedome only to have them break up into two groups amd teleport to my known outposts and sink me there. Just stupid. World of warships is more realistic in that account.

You are being outplayed because the enemy has assets at your known locations. Whether it is another player or the same player, who teleported in, bringing out the asset makes little difference.

The only difference is that with a low player base, the chance of it being a player that teleported in is greater. With a high player base, the chance of another player is greater.

It all about assets and use of assets, not about teleports.

You are being outplayed because the enemy has assets at your known locations. Whether it is another player or the same player, who teleported in, bringing out the asset makes little difference.

The only difference is that with a low player base, the chance of it being a player that teleported in is greater. With a high player base, the chance of another player is greater.

It all about assets and use of assets, not about teleports.

Its hardely being outplayed lmao. Unless you acually find sitting in port playing candy crush untill someone in nation chat has everyone teleport between time and space a strategy.

Not even sure how you can draw that conclusion. A real strategy is knowing where to be and using scouts or advanced knowledge of where to catch a bad guy who is trying to sneak in NOT sitting on your ass till hes killed your lamb then just teleporting to all his ports lol. Please.

Not even sure how you can draw that conclusion. A real strategy is knowing where to be and using scouts or advanced knowledge of where to catch a bad guy who is trying to sneak in NOT sitting on your ass till hes killed your lamb then just teleporting to all his known ports lol. Please.

Yes, how did I ever draw to that conclusion. Silly me...

Yes, how did I ever draw to that conclusion. Silly me...

Not sure why my play style bothers you so much mate lol. Like ive said 1000 times you consider playing candy crush in port while you wait for your teleporter pad to wind up real strategy and genius. Good for you but you REALLY need to respect that others consider that boring, gamey and about as skillful as tic tac toe.

Just becouse i feel differently doesnt mean you need to challenge and argue the exact same thing iver and over every day lol. Let it go mate we are not clones.

Exactly. This is why I want teleports to have more limitations! I loved the game when the teleports had a four hour cool down. It wasn't a huge time sink, but you actually had to be somewhat tactical when you played. Now, the game takes all of that away. Edited by TheAmerican

Not sure why my play style bothers you so much mate lol. Like ive said 1000 times you consider playing candy crush in port while you wait for your teleporter pad to wind up real strategy and genius. Good for you but you REALLY need to respect that others consider that boring, gamey and about as skillful as tic tac toe.

Just becouse i feel differently doesnt mean you need to challenge and argue the exact same thing iver and over every day lol. Let it go mate we are not clones.

Exactly. This is why I want teleports to have more limitations! I loved the game when the teleports had a four hour cool down. It wasn't a huge time sink, but you actually had to be somewhat tactical when you played. Now, the game takes all of that away.

I'm not bothered by either of your play style. What bothers me is the shortsightedness of your suggestion to re-introduce the teleport cooldown.

You present yourself as lambs to the slaughter of powergames with alts in the hope teleport cooldown will safe you.

While in fact, they will simply use alts or other players to hunt you down, if their own character can't do it because of that cooldown.

Now you can actually turn the table and ask your friends to step in and balance the odds, without having to worry whether they are on a cooldown.

Or maybe you should really take it to the next level and simply log-off in battle screen and boot up an alt yourself to play on.

So in reality teleport is not your problem.

Now I can tell the truth in ways people can not cope with it, hence I have a warning point. So I'll just leave it at this.

I'm not bothered by either of your play style. What bothers me is the shortsightedness of your suggestion to re-introduce the teleport cooldown.

You present yourself as lambs to the slaughter of powergames with alts in the hope teleport cooldown will safe you.

While in fact, they will simply use alts or other players to hunt you down, if their own character can't do it because of that cooldown.

Now you can actually turn the table and ask your friends to step in and balance the odds, without having to worry whether they are on a cooldown.

Or maybe you should really take it to the next level and simply log-off in battle screen and boot up an alt yourself to play on.

So in reality teleport is not your problem.

Now I can tell the truth in ways people can not cope with it, hence I have a warning point. So I'll just leave it at this.

Well at least you know whats best for me. Thanks fr telling me what my problem is.