Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.71

admin

Fixed bugs:

Spawning in land will happen less after exiting orders/events from the OW.

UI bug hiding the mission entry button for large groups fixed

Several technical problems fixed

Leaks

Ramming leaks bug increasing their size dramatically fixed - ramming leaks returned to the pre-patch level

• Like 39

Hear hear, love the ramming leaks and UI fix.

Hope you do something about the 1.5x BR thing, as it has already messed conquest fleets over and will continue to do so.

Pirates flag for George Town got caught in a battle and the rest of the pirates nearby couldn't join the battle to rescue him, this is just one of the many downsides of it.

And please don't tell me to "Keep your stations and you'll be fine."

• Like 2

As mentioned above the AI are seemingly way more effective. They are now stripping armour at about 3 times the speed i can in a bigger stronger ship type. Increasing damage dealt only to ai seems very unbalanced especialy when u add more ai fleets to be attacked. I like them to be a challenge but now they seem more like laser sighted armour piercing death ships. Not really enjoying this part at all, i want a hard fight from my ai but i really do not want to be running away from them unless i am very outmatched, not because they are op

• Like 8

Something still feels wrong with smaller caliber cannons and the damages output they do, or maybe it's the penetration and effect on the armor/structure.

A renomee AI vs a live oak Essex is able to ruin my ship removing most of it armor in a few broadsides, myself only using 12pd's on this ship i cannot do the same damages output while shooting the same number of boardside with more and larger canons than her, and hits registering correctly according to the top screen infos, in fact if i stay broadside to broadside the renomee will take out my armor way before i am able to do the same on her, shouldn't be the case between a renomee vs a live oak essex i think.

More strangely was a few tests against pickles still with the Essex, the 6pd's seems to remove quite some armor on each hit and very easily penetrate my ship to kill crew members or destroy canons on each hits like if my live oak ship was made of fir or paper, previously i was able to manage a surprise + renomee and never lost so many crew as now, nor took so much damages and seen my structure go down like now versus way smaller ships equipped with way less canons and smaller ones on the top of this, like i said i feel like sailing a paper made ship now.

It just doesn't feel right for now, not sure what is going on and needs more testing probably at the cost of some dura's but it feels really weird to see that a renomee is able to inflict me as much damages in a very few broadsides as it took to a constitution or even third rate to do the same before the patch.

Will craft another essex probably with planking built in and add some extra planking upgrade on it to see if there is any kind of differences but for now the feeling is odd in combats.

Thanks a lot for the quick patches.

• Like 7

As mentioned above the AI are seemingly way more effective. They are now stripping armour at about 3 times the speed i can in a bigger stronger ship type. Increasing damage dealt only to ai seems very unbalanced especialy when u add more ai fleets to be attacked. I like them to be a challenge but now they seem more like laser sighted armour piercing death ships. Not really enjoying this part at all, i want a hard fight from my ai but i really do not want to be running away from them unless i am very outmatched, not because they are op

Are you serious? What i have seen so far ( a few fleet battles with friends ) Ships of the same class or below are easy to beat and sunk, if they are outnumber you its much harder and thats the way it should be. You are sailing the same ships like your opponents, for what reason should it be much more better than theirs? We didnt have had any problem yesterday by doing Fleet missions on our level of Ships Devil with Bellonas and Pavels and against Pavels and Bellonas. It was much more fun because the ai is not fleeing all the time and there was a real battle dynamic.

But i really like to see that friendly AI should be not automaticaly placed in the Battle. If the players want it easier they should be able to call them like reinforcement but they should not be placed at start to have a option to use them or not and if you not use them you should get a bonus

• Like 2

The IA destroys my hull quite easily know. Their shots even penetrates and damage the other side quite often. Could you guys have a look at this issue?

Thanks in advance

Seconding this.

Yesterday I did a mission in my Bellona. Consti broadside to broadside destroyed 90% of my side hp. Used to beat them in Ingern or Connie with more hp standing. Other broadside disabled for max dps and second Connie trailing behind, so all dmg taken was from that AI Connie. I am open for more difficult battles, but not for situation when I`m outdamaged by ship with lower number of lighter guns traiding broadsides.

• Like 7

there are no bonuses to ai - they use the same cannons as you

the glaring bugs in their shooting were fixed

+ they shoot into water less than before

+ they stay closer and shoot less at ricocheting angles 

• Like 5

to me it seems the ai has been made to present a better challenge which coincides well with the reduced xp level rates. Ai is still an aggressive opponent that will not run away from a fight and would not fear ramming and boarding you so having the ramming leaks fixed for that sounds perfect to me.

• Like 1

You're trying to say that AI cerberus is going to use 18pd guns against your frigate in M&C mission?

• Like 1

You're trying to say that AI cerberus is going to use 18pd guns against your frigate in M&C mission?

They use the same cannons as you would if in the same ship as the AI. aka. If AI using a Cerberus it will use the 9 pounders.

sorry Admin but yesterday it didn't seem so.  i lost a liveoak 3rd rate VS 2 surprise...they destroyed 1 my side with only 5-6 broadside...usually i can sink consti firing side-by-side for 10-12 broadsides losing only half or 3/4 of my side...

ai have now too much rapid fire, or too much penetrating and damageing fire rate and it is not because they don't fire in water anymore.

i tried also with my liveoak surprive against 1 snow and 1 brig, i won but i was with a notch on each side, and the gold reward was really low for all those damages.

maybe reducing damages dealt or give us more repair kit (minor price) could be a solution

• Like 4

Well, yesterday I was with my teak 3d rate vs 2 constitutions and the IA was too broken. They destroyed my 2 broadside and I had to use my repair because they do a exaggerated damage. Before patch i was able to kill them with all my broadsides upon 50/60 %. Something more has been changed, not only these 2 things... 

Sorry for my bad english. Nice work to all.
  • Like 2

1st + ... and they are not shooting over either

2nd + ... which means every single gun aims on its own to hit non-ricocheting part of ship compare to your guns that are all aiming into one spot

Other than AI issue this last patch is GOOD.

• Like 1