Patch 9.68

admin

Hello Captains

New patch has been deployed

What's new

• New ship added: Le Gros Ventre
  • New ship added: Ingermanland

Fixed bugs

• Battle spawns fixed - joining ships no longer can spawn closer or even ahead of you if you are being attacked. 
  • AI marines fixed - they gave no bonuses to the AI ship causing easy wins in boarding

Tuning

• Crew requirements slightly reduced for frigates and higher
  • Cannon crew requirements slightly reduced as well
  • Light ship planking integrity increased for all vessels up to a brig
  • Surprise speed slightly increased
  • Frigate speed slightly increased
  • Like 29

Hello Captains

New patch have been deployed

What's new

• New ship added: Le Gros Ventre
  • New ship added: Ingermanland

Fixed bugs

• Battle spawns fixed - joining ships no longer can spawn closer or even ahead of you if you are being attacked. 
  • AI marines fixed - they gave no bonuses to the AI ship causing easy wins in boarding

Tuning

• Crew requirements slightly reduced for frigates and higher
  • Cannon crew requirements slightly reduced as well
  • Light ship planking integrity increased for all vessels up to a brig
  • Surprise speed slightly increased
  • Frigate speed slightly increased

New Ships!!!!! ty

Super Secret intel has the Ingermanland with 470 crew, BP drops from Frigate.

Le Gros Ventre can carry 4800 weight, 20 x 9pd max (10 cannons per side), drops from Belle Poule and Renom.

A commerce raider! finally! Do we know any other stats about the big belly?

Edited by Zargor
  • Like 2

Super Secret intel has the Ingermanland with 470 crew, BP drops from Frigate.

Le Gros Ventre can carry 4800 weight, 20 x 9pd max (10 cannons per side), drops from Belle Poule and Renom.

How many bothans died this time for bring us this info? ;)

Thanks for new ships and other stuff devs!!!!! Keep the good job.

• Like 2

A commerce raider! finally! Do we know any other stats about the big belly?

I think the wikia has most of the info right. 32 / 18 / 6 cannon loadout.

How many bothans died this time for bring us this info? ;)

Thanks for new ships and other stuff devs!!!!! Keep the good job.

None, but Admin Alex was incredibly nice, sitting in the help chat on PvP2 to answer our questions.

• Like 1

Admin Alex said they're not AI traders yet. I'd guess they'll end up being AI soon though.

Thanks for the answer,

I do hope that the devs add an additional rank between post captain (350 crew) and flag captain (650 crew) or just rework the quantity of crew for each rank.

It's already a shame that there is so few people using 4th rate like the Constitution because of that gap, and I would hate to see such a beautiful vessel such as the ingermanland having the same fate. (even tho the new crew system slightly increased the quantity of undercrewed Constitution).

Edited by Nalyd
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answer,

I do hope that the devs add an additional rank between post captain (350 crew) and flag captain (650 crew) or just rework the quantity of crew for each rank.

It's already a shame that there is so few people using 4th rate like the Constitution because of that gap, and I would hate to see such a beautiful vessel such as the ingermanland having the same fate. (even tho the new crew system slightly increased the quantity of undercrewed Constitution).

We could do it closer to release

It is indeed a shame. But until rank requires you to sail certain ships it is hard to achieve, people will choose ships that let you perform better at sea skipping all others.

We do not have ideas yet on how to do it without "forced by design"

The number of frigates actually can support national ships somewhat to an extent

(for example - constitution is US only, trincomalee is british/french only, etc)

(This thread is for patch feedback. To discuss restricting ships to the Nation that built/ sailed them, please use this thread - http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12224-ship-crafting-restricted-for-every-nation/ Thanks!) H. Darby

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
  • Like 3

Nice work.

Question is - will players move from Snow to Le Gros Ventre. How big is the cargo space on Le Gros Ventre and will they be able to run when ganked in this beautiful new trader ship. 

If you really want people to move to larger traders, reduce cargo space on Smaller ships.

• Like 1

I think it just depends on if we still keep the inflated hull capacities for TLynx, TCutter, TBrig, and TSnows.

Also, with how many commerce raiders are using Snows and Surprises, something like the Gros will really give the traders a chance at an honest fight back.

Will it be used? I wager to the exclusion of TBrigs and TSnows.

• Like 1

Admin Alex said they're not AI traders yet. I'd guess they'll end up being AI soon though.

this makes me so happy in the last poll i voted to see diplomacy put in place over my desire to see larger ai trader as i felt it was more important for the many

this makes me so happy in the last poll i voted to see diplomacy put in place over my desire to see larger ai trader as i felt it was more important for the many

If they go Ai they need to carry much more Resources and loot~! :unsure:

• Like 2

I made an account especially to thank you guys for adding the new ships. As a member of a trader clan I can't wait to get my hands on the new trader. Will be making a Belle tonight in the hope of a BP drop... Thanks again for all your effort making this great game.