Game-Labs Forum

Pvp 1 Letter from Spanish captain.

Halsey74

A week ago, Spain was found in an extreme situation.

Overwhelmed by the British, reduced to five ports, with a strong internal division.

Today the Spanish situation remains complicated, but quite improved. We have begun to work together (not easy), to win battles, to recover ports, to regain confidence and faith in ourselves.

This is mainly achieved through hard work and the circumstances of the game. But some thanks should be given.

To French: The Allies only ones who have responded in all circumstances. The French offensive in Panama eased the pressure on Cuba.

To pirates: Spain has traditionally fought against pirates, but this time we have a break to recover, by mutual interest perhaps ?? By generosity maybe ?! I do not know.

To US: Although the fighting has never stopped with US in pvp, US understood that completely destroy a faction would be bad for NA in the long run. And without signing a peace they stopped attacking the ports of Cuba.

To Britain: (Thanks to the enemy ?? crazy?)

Your greatness is measured by the greatness of your enemy.

The war of the four nations vs britain has allowed us to balance the numbers. A week of fighting against the British clans has helped restore confidence, we needed, fierce battles have been fought in Mantua, Corrientes, Robras and San Lazaro.

Some lost and other won, but all disputed harshly. Thank you for this to those involved (especially RGL & Ausez)

I speak for myself and not on behalf of my faction.

Best regards and apologies for google translation.

Edited by Halsey74
  • Like 20

A deal was struck among your fellow Spanish comrades with the pirates, many of them happily obliged and sympathized with your cause, and so the deal was made and a section of our manpower was given over to them to aid in the goals we set out for the Spanish homeland to better deal with the port timers they set against your nation and ours.

We're very proud of what you have done in that Santa Fe bay, brave men of Spain, continue to fight strongly and proudly to ensure your security and prosperity in Cuba and wherever else you may wander. 

Those of us who departed for the eastern front, did so for this very purpose, and the pirate coalition we serve under has been honorable and understanding throughout this whole endeavor.  Our pledge to you does not end with Cuba, those of us who were once Spanish will always be willing to lend a hand to you in times of need.

Congratulations on your recovery, keep it up and do not allow the mistakes of the past to resurface again, stay the course.

Edited by TsunamiEmperor

To US: Although the fighting has never stopped with US in pvp, US understood that completely destroy a faction would be bad for NA in the long run. And without signing a peace they stopped attacking the ports of Cuba.

We have even given back two ports in Cuba although one was quickly taken by the pirates 

I rememeber the time - earlier - when we were pushed back to La Habana alone.

Since then a lot happened and a lot will happen in the future.

What is sure - and far more important for us - is that Spain is back as a (small but respectable) player in the RvR scenario

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Halsey, I sign your words, all of them .. I thank our allies who helped to free some of the pressure that has allowed us to try and change our situation. And of course our "enemies" who have given us several days of fighting, odds but gentlemanly (except some few rare cases) ......

You all do great this game..........

We will continue fighting every centimeter to regain a faction that can face as equals to the rest of the factions ....

Well done to the OP for writing such a gracious post that managed to celebrate Spanish success whilst giving credit to everyone else.

As a Brit, it has been a hard-fought, exhausting few days but I am proud of the way we have battled against so many enemys and won so many of the battled we have been able to prioritise.

We have fought skilled and tough opponents and it has been great fun. I would say, however, that some of our captains do need some sleep now so if you could find it in your hearts to let us have a rest as some of them have been awake all week! ;)

Anyway, congratulations and thanks to all factions and can we please have more posts like this?!

*Doffs Cap*

• Like 6

We have even given back two ports in Cuba although one was quickly taken by the pirates 

I don't want to bring acrimony into this topic, but this is news to me. Mariel was kept on a 4-6 timer until the end.

If this is a gift, it is easily misinterpreted as an insult.

• Like 1

A week ago, Spain was found in an extreme situation.

Overwhelmed by the British, reduced to five ports, with a strong internal division.

Today the Spanish situation remains complicated, but quite improved. We have begun to work together (not easy), to win battles, to recover ports, to regain confidence and faith in ourselves.

This is mainly achieved through hard work and the circumstances of the game. But some thanks should be given.

To French: The Allies only ones who have responded in all circumstances. The French offensive in Panama eased the pressure on Cuba.

To pirates: Spain has traditionally fought against pirates, but this time we have a break to recover, by mutual interest perhaps ?? By generosity maybe ?! I do not know.

To Britain: (Thanks to the enemy ?? crazy?)

Your greatness is measured by the greatness of your enemy.

The war of the four nations vs britain has allowed us to balance the numbers. A week of fighting against the British clans has helped restore confidence, we needed, fierce battles have been fought in Mantua, Corrientes, Robras and San Lazaro.

Some lost and other won, but all disputed harshly. Thank you for this to those involved (especially RGL & Ausez)

I speak for myself and not on behalf of my faction.

Best regards and apologies for google translation.

Chapeau Señiors. I salute you. You fought brave and whether we serve different sovereigns I am able to respect a Captain aquiting his duty.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 2

I don't want to bring acrimony into this topic, but this is news to me. Mariel was kept on a 4-6 timer until the end.

If this is a gift, it is easily misinterpreted as an insult.

Those ports were definitely not gifted... the first attempt on Matanzas was definitely met with resistance, beyond that required the Spanish to be up very late to recover those ports, many ports of which were retaken during a large offensive during 04-06.  What is happening in Mexico is a completely separate thing to what the rest of the U.S. faction is currently undertaking.

I might add you missed out BRITS as we have fought long and hard with some very enjoyable fights.

We stopped attacking you because we needed a break also the pressure on other flanks required our attention.

I am glad Spain has found the strength and resolve to push us back but don't think for a minute we are finished for that would be foolish.

o7 Spain good fights I look forward to many more.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most of the reason for the numbers changing (since Spain got pushed back to 5 ports they've in fact outnumbered us heavily on that front) is simply fatigue on the British end. It was a long and often hard-fought campaign, combine that with a ridiculous four-on-one war and player attendance drops dramatically. The absurdly time consuming nature of conquest right now is burning players out fast.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most of the reason for the numbers changing (since Spain got pushed back to 5 ports they've in fact outnumbered us heavily on that front) is simply fatigue on the British end. It was a long and often hard-fought campaign, combine that with a ridiculous four-on-one war and player attendance drops dramatically. The absurdly time consuming nature of conquest right now is burning players out fast.

Now you understand our military situtation weeks ago, mate.

You have fought bravely and with honour in Cuba, gentlemen!
I rise my glass (full of spanish wine) for the epic and enjoyable fights!
Edited by Vandrus Tallaferro
  • Like 3

Now you understand our military situtation weeks ago, mate.

You have fought bravely and with honour in Cuba, gentlemen!
I rise my glass (full of spanish wine) for the epic and enjoyable fights!

Indeed, I personally enjoyed the fighting greatly (also the huge profit from every battle ;)), but I fear for the future of Naval Action if this is consistently the pattern. Every time a few more players just won't come back at all.

• Like 3

It's always hard to find good winners. It's great you show respect to your enemies.

I can promise it's a war most of us never wanted and no matter what was said it's never good to see a nation getting destroyed. No matter which nation it is.

But maybe there was something good with this war. You started working together and you became a strong force.

• Like 4