Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

So are we going to just insult each other or settle this in the only place that counts..  on the open sea.

All the rhetoric in the world will not change anything decided at sea.

Whatever the result, it will be good to be fighting. 

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” 

Malice

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

It is funny to see how most of French-Dutch-Swede comments on wars and battles can be basically summed up in "GG, keep them coming", but when Brits are involved it is always insults flying around...

most "insults" are pointed at Britain, not from British players thrown at other nations. I don't really want to waste time thinking about the reason, so I'm gonna go with envy being the highest form of recognition.

There be the problem… BLACK had plenty o run ins with them RAE scoundrels back in closed alpha, lest trustworthy than a hungry monkey in a banana farm!  

I suppose RAE aren't content with destroying the Spanish nation, now they want to destroy the French too. Looking at it from their perspective I can't say that wouldn't be fun, the only surprise is that anyone still holds any regard for them at all.

You guys really have no idea do you?

Always complaining about Russians.... Let me tell you this.. The Danish-Norwegian Russians have been great allies! They are cooperative, dedicated, loyal, and trustworthy. All the things the SLRN have proven not to be!

But yeah! You can always blame it on the mechanics! :)

I don't think you could be a bigger troll if you tried... Yawn! :)

It's as if he forgot they took almost all their ports?

Well he is in the only one of about 2 clans not Russian on Denmark-Norway.

Arguably the Russian clans do seem to be good enough allies with the other clans in DK-NO at least, but that just should be the case between all clans in one nation, it's just seems made easier because the Russian countrymen that make up the majority seem to have a strong sense of unity. It'd be worrying if they weren't good allies to the the other clans in their own faction. Also don't really care what type of Ally SLRN(ONE clan, that was originally about a 2 hour sail away from them) were to them. As everyone already knows agreements made between just a few clans haven't exactly had a good track record because they can't be enforced on the rest of the faction.

Edited by Alexander Reher

Hm... France turns against Britain? But why? Britain has been such a good ally to France and us Swedes, they helped us defend against the Danes and...

Oh wait.....

Yes it's entirely the fault of the British nation for our loses before, a nation who are approxiamtely an hours sail away from any French or Swedish territory, who weren't already facing their own dramas, who could've stopped us being overrun in a single day, bore off blaming other for our own failings. The Dutch and Danes were simply much better and could actually be bothered.

• Like 7

I believe the sheer size of the British playerbase effectively prevents it from handling a single, coherent foreign policy. Therefore it is tempting to see every other faction turning against them as the game regulating itself, so to speak.

• Like 1

I am pleasantly surprised to see the numbers the French are mustering for this little vacation to Panama. I say bring on the enjoyable exchange of cannon fire and may the best nation win!

Panama is of course very precious to the British West Indies Trading Company, we do have many fond memories of sending RAE packing afterall, and I do so look forwards to sending the French home from their little escapade to the West.

Forget the past, a new era is dawning. Let us keep it civil as honourable gentlemen should do. I shall see you on the frontline.

Long live the King!

[i might also add, any British sailor so wishing to join the ranks of His Royal Majesty's Royal Navy should head to www.westindiescompany.org and register to receive his commission.]

• Like 4

If we can do this on a daily basis to the Danes in the defense of our territory then it i still am left to wonder why France couldn't do it when it was their turn to defend their own land.

To wonder why France was willing to fold under the Danish aggression, a force 1/5th the size of the Royal Navy and to then flipped into being a Danish puppet state to then fight with the Danish Navy.

To give up leaving the Swedes to also fend for themselves instead of banding together with your "ally" to fight off the Danish aggression.

To be that naive and negligent to feel as if Britain somehow had some part in France & Sweden's loss of territory and to eagerly appoint scapegoats.

Is the French Nation that weak that they are incapable of mustering an organized defensive strategy of their home territory? That they rule out of fear of others with disregard to their allies and neighbors? They they are willing to endorse an alliance which embraces piracy and crimes against humanity?

I fear it is these decisions and diplomatic affiliations now that will go a long way in deciding one's own future. Both Economically and Materialistically. Those in position to do so should put more thought into what's best for their respective affiliations. As it stands i see a lot of decisions being made in haste and with clouded information.

If war is what France wants then War is what France will get.

Yes it's entirely the fault of the British nation for our loses before, a nation who are approxiamtely an hours sail away from any French or Swedish territory, who weren't already facing their own dramas, who could've stopped us being overrun in a single day, bore off blaming other for our own failings. The Dutch and Danes were simply much better and could actually be bothered.

Ohhh.... sry, the game told me you guys have ports near the Danes. So i thought you were able to attack the Danes from the other side when their entire fleet ws in Sweden and France. But the game must have lied to me then... oh welll...

• Like 1

So free and proud France is no more then a puppet now.

Well bring it on.

Yes, "hop Marianne, let the puppets dance" (in real a Dutch song created in the late 18th century), is a French puppet show, but as I think, finally also a menace for the Dutch interests too. Put again into play, also due some self proclaimed DAS BOAT game arbiters, because it is too pitiful for French and Swedish captains if their nation (as happen with the Swedish) is definite beaten and because of that, they are put out of play due the, in their opinion, very worse game balance.

Edited by Swieb

Ohhh.... sry, the game told me you guys have ports near the Danes. So i thought you were able to attack the Danes from the other side when their entire fleet ws in Sweden and France. But the game must have lied to me then... oh welll...

You mean while the British were fighting Pirates, Spain, and the US, all while ready for a Danish attack? Even if we were attacking the Danes (and we were given any opportunity) they ran both Sweeden and France over in 2 days. They didn't even use 60 players.

Yes the game must of also lied to you about the huge pirate nation attacking British ports too and tying up the British ships.oh well

By the way I'm with the French nation, I just dont see right blaming others for our own foul ups.

• Like 1