Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

Interesting. instead of taking a port from the Danish on Hispaniola, the Danish bullied the Dutch into giving up two ports so the French can open up a new front in central America.

This looks to be the gist of it. Eric just bought a flag for Fort Oranje. Do the Dutch wish to be attacked too? Allowing the French to attack is a dangerous proposition. 

• Like 1

Using some pretext of RAE etc etc.

Come on, this is is a excuse.  The real reason is you have no one else to fight.

Your allied with the Danes/Pirates, Swedes, Dutch, and as you pointed out Spain.

So its Britain or the US.  We are a little bit closer than the US. 

Next time just make a post 'We have so many friends and we are bored and want to fight!' :D

• Like 3

good luck with your sailing, hope that you don't just run back home when you realise its all just a pointless war. If you want i'm sure us aussies can come down there and look after those conception ports we took again, don't think you would enjoy those timers of 4am GMT though.

I may be wrong, but won't they be attacking mostly undefended ports

That's probably the plan. Roll up the undefended coast of Panama and the Yucatan, take as many British ports in 25 vs 0 PBs, force the British to either watch that happen or split forces off Jamaica so those fights become easier for the Russian fleets.

That is basically what's supposed to happen when an Empire has spread too wide.

• Like 1

You guys really have no idea do you?

Always complaining about Russians.... Let me tell you this.. The Danish-Norwegian Russians have been great allies! They are cooperative, dedicated, loyal, and trustworthy. All the things the SLRN have proven not to be!
But yeah! You can always blame it on the mechanics! :)

• Like 1

You guys really have no idea do you?

Always complaining about Russians.... Let me tell you this.. The Danish-Norwegian Russians have been great allies! They are cooperative, dedicated, loyal, and trustworthy. All the things the SLRN have proven not to be!

But yeah! You can always blame it on the mechanics! :)

keep your propaganda to yourself, probably the best thing you can do :)

I can certainly attest that the Yucatan is not undefended. I was doing some privateering there over the last few days, and there are quite a few British doing PvE type stuff over that way.

Why, the first time I sailed out of Great Corn, I was in a fog. Fog lifted and I realized I was in the middle of a British fleet!

• Like 2

Well......

If you treat your girlfriend bad, you will chase her into some others arms. ;)

We had our fight with both Swedes and French, we were enemies. Enemies that treated each other with respect and dignity.

I can only talk for myself, but I suspect the French appreciate how we solved our issues after the war. No gun has been hold to anyones head, no threats have been made.

The French were honest to us in their feedbacks, we had open talks and many matters were discussed how to make a better and more stable home territory for us both.

We both hope to keep it that way for a very long time.

EDIT:
When it comes to the Russians... Why do everyone always blame Russians for everything? Can they not be allowed to play the game like anyone else?
Just because France declare war on Britain or there is something else you don't like..... Blame it on the Russians.......
If you keep doing that, then you really don't know anything.

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 9

Well......

If you treat your girlfriend bad, you will chase her into some others arms. ;)

We had our fight with both Swedes and French, we were enemies. Enemies that treated each other with respect and dignity.

I can only talk for myself, but I suspect the French appreciate how we solved our issues after the war. No gun has been hold to anyones head, no threats have been made.

The French were honest to us in their feedbacks, we had open talks and many matters were discussed how to make a better and more stable home territory for us both.

We both hope to keep it that way for a very long time.

I agree completely :)

To be honest though, the french are very reasonable.  Eric is lovely.

Have you tried talking to pepe? :/ or as he is known as Mr.Nononononononono

That's funny, that's the complete opposite to what the Dutch have been sharing about your "offer" to give up ports for the French to leapfrog an attack or else it's war.

But then again, you're only speaking for yourself, right?

• Like 1

Yep, you're striking deals with lawless pirates. This surely won't come back to bite you.

Any nation that makes alliances with pirates can hardly be considered a nation of honour and lawfulness at this point.

OOC: Apparently the majority of the players are more than happy with the current state of the pirate nation as a sovereign nation and not actually being "pirates", no matter what they vote in the polls and post in the threads.

Lawless... and yet we have as much order within our ranks as any other Nation which has rules to manage it. More so than some actually. Pirates believe in honour above all else and we keep to our word.

You see we work with what the game gives us. We do not demand that the Devs change it to suit us better or for the detriment of another Nation so that we have an advantage like some. How about you let us Pirates worry about how to Pirate and you worry about whatever it is you do?

Edited by Kutai
  • Like 2

That's funny, that's the complete opposite to what the Dutch have been sharing about your "offer" to give up ports for the French to leapfrog an attack or else it's war.

But then again, you're only speaking for yourself, right?

Are we discussing the French declaring war to Brittain now, or Dutch meetings with Denmark-Norway? ;)

2 Totally different cases. If you want to question our talks with the Dutch, you are most welcome to start a thread about that, and I will try to answer you to the best of my ability ;)

BTW, I am not Russian..... I am Norwegian..........

But we can agree on one thing :)

Great Britains list of enemies keep growing ;)

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 1

Yep, you're striking deals with lawless pirates. This surely won't come back to bite you.

Any nation that makes alliances with pirates can hardly be considered a  nation of honour and lawfulness at this point.

OOC: Apparently the majority of the players are more than happy  with the current state of the pirate nation as a sovereign nation and not actually being "pirates", no matter what they vote in the polls and post in the threads.

That reminds me an old story from a famous french corsair when a british royal navy officer challenged him with the words :

"You French fight for money while we fight for honour", Surcouf replied "Each of us fights for what he lacks most" :lol:

• Like 3

TBH this is probably a good thing. We'd need another nation to bring down to one port after we are done with Spain, might as well be the French. 

If they use 'hopping' ports to get past the Dutch territory then it seems reasonable to assume we can just cap those french ports and go in the opposite direction.

It's funny, the amount of accusations about us being "lapdogs" in this threat. And some people keep yapping... and yapping...

The master said - bark! - so they bark at poor french lapdogs! "Silly frogs have no mind of their own, they just follow orders!"

They yap and yap, and then Charles Caldwell likes their posts.

And the more free and independent they are, the more treats he throws their way!

• Like 2

Lawless... and yet we have as much order within our ranks as any other Nation which has rules to manage it. More so than some actually. Pirates believe in honour above all else and we keep to our word.

You see we work with what the game gives us. We do not demand that the Devs change it to suit us better or for the detriment of another Nation so that we have an advantage like some. How about you let us Pirates worry about how to Pirate and you worry about whatever it is you do?

It's like you didn't read the second half of my post :(

It's funny, the amount of accusations about us being "lapdogs" in this threat. And some people keep yapping... and yapping...

The master said - bark! - so they bark at poor french lapdogs! "Silly frogs have no mind of their own, they just follow orders!"

They yap and yap, and then Charles Caldwell likes their posts.

And the more free and independent they are, the more treats he throws their way!

You are not indipendant.

Your fleet continues, because the RUS said so....

You were defeated and gone.

• Like 1