Game-Labs Forum

Spanish issues.

admin

After port investments and land in battles are added into the game there will be a port reset. 

We are thinking of making all ports except for capitals neutral, giving all nations an equal chance. Alternative solution is to allow setting port defence windows in clean uncaptured port by nation vote.

Port investments will also slow down the conquest because to make flags you will have to build naval bases. No naval base - no flag. Naval base must be protected at all costs to be able to expand.

Let have a minute of silence...

Here lies History, may it rest in peace...

• Like 3

After port investments and land in battles are added into the game there will be a port reset. 

We are thinking of making all ports except for capitals neutral, giving all nations an equal chance. Alternative solution is to allow setting port defence windows in clean uncaptured port by nation vote.

Port investments will also slow down the conquest because to make flags you will have to build naval bases. No naval base - no flag. Naval base must be protected at all costs to be able to expand.

i see a big problem in this.

afaik all nations are alowed to enter neutral towns, except pirates. that would mean that trading and ship building would be nearly impossible for pirates before they managed to capture some important ports, while all other nations could just sail around and buy their stuff.

i know that some ppl around here are just waiting for pirate nerfs, but that would be to much.

here are some more interesting ideas around to balance nation issues like, just to name two examples, the ability to build up (strengthen) ports, or ur mentioned naval bases.

i see a big problem in this.

afaik all nations are alowed to enter neutral towns, except pirates. that would mean that trading and ship building would be nearly impossible for pirates before they managed to capture some important ports, while all other nations could just sail around and buy their stuff.

i know that some ppl around here are just waiting for pirate nerfs, but that would be to much.

here are some more interesting ideas around to balance nation issues like, just to name two examples, the ability to build up (strengthen) ports, or ur mentioned naval bases.

pirates can enter and operate from free towns so it is not so bad for them...  on the other side i will be very happy  if pirate´s game  differs more from " nationals" (as discused in other subforums) they should be allowed entering in neutral ports but not allowed to spread "pirate ports" but revert them to neutral -or temporary neutral "sacked" status- , pirates conquering is bullshit

• Like 1

Let have a minute of silence...

Here lies History, may it rest in peace...

admin, on 15 Feb 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:snapback.png

We are thinking of making all ports except for capitals neutral, giving all nations an equal chanceAlternative solution is to allow setting port defence windows in clean uncaptured port by nation vote.

Port investments will also slow down the conquest because to make flags you will have to build naval bases. No naval base - no flag. Naval base must be protected at all costs to be able to expand

Without  a some historical background , game will lost all interest, many people will leave and play other games. We already have many games of fantasy in the games market, but a few good games with historical background. Many Spanish players in naval action become last few days pirates, because to play as Spanish faction is very annoyance and difficult.

Edited by Marques

I don't think having all neutral towns except capitals will mean an improvement, what you have here is a hard (impossible) to fix unbalance in faction player population.

Maybe you can go further and replace Spain with USA in the map, to better represent the player base.

We should replace Nederlands with France and USA with Pirates then, to better represent de player base.

• Like 1

Does Spain need Key West as Free town or neutral town?

Most other nations have free towns nearby except for Britain.

Free ports are located the way that you can reach any place from the freetown withing 20-25 mins of sailing.

Also conveniently located free port allows easier crafting deliveried and having two towns provides opportunity to deliver from some place else if one of the free towns is camped (cayo and key west, la vache/cayman, atwood, la tortue, island harbor/plymouth/veques

We know France wants to change Camp du Roy to neutral after the port reset (too close to capital).

We want your opinion on the Key West.

It would be better to move the capital from Habana to a more safe location, Free towns are used as ships storing locations and placing one near to another faction and your capital, is a recipe for disaster. If I have to choose, I would say make it neutral.

• Like 1

If it were made neutral, it would likely just become American, making it even harder for Spanish to utilize the port, and still being just as threatening.

Further, it would make the Keys even easier for Americans to take and hold. Without a free port there, essentially as soon as Florida is taken, all of the Gulf is essentially free from threat for the Americans.

Hablo como jugador y por lo que he visto que el problema de españa es la gente, con todos esos toxic player, poniendose a joder todas las relaciones españolas y con los clanes mas cuando la gente ha querido hacer algo cojiendo los resto de lo que quedaba de la nacion, volvemos a empezar como el principio un clan quiere mandar a todos, declarar la guerra a uno ir todos, pactando por lo demas sin saber,
Vamos perdiendo gente como la espuma por culpa de todos, mucho decir vamos a unirnos vamos a organizarnos lo primero que haceis es joder, joder ESTA NACION DEBERIA SER LOS PIRATAS, estamos jodiendonos mas entre nosotros que intentar negociar cosas con otras naciones o tener alguna ayuda o algo, OJALA NOS QUEDEMOS SOLO CON LA CAPITAL por culpa de esas personas nos quedaremos asi, y empezemos a perder a la gente que solo os quedeis vosotro para gobernar eso es lo que quieren, ahora es cosa de vosotros jugadores si es lo que quereis.

I speak as a player and what I have seen that the problem of Spain is the people, with all those toxic playerputting on shit all Spanish relations with the clans and more when people wanted to do something, pick up the rest of what was left of the nation,We start as the beginning of a clan that wants to lead the rest, declare war on one and go all agreeing so others without knowing, We are losing people like foam because of all,always they talk about, let's unite we will organize ourselves, first what you do is fuck up the whole thing, fuck up THIS NATION SHOULD BE PIRATES, We're fucking ourselves more among us who try to negotiate things with other nations or have some help or something,I HOPE WE REMAIN WITH CAPITAL because of those people we will remain so,and we started losing the main leaders for others strangers to lead the community.

• Like 3

Buenas!

Llevo un tiempo leyendo el foro por aquí pero no mucho tiempo jugando. Debo decir, que viendo los malos rollos de la comunidad española, realmente cualquier jugador medio novato como un servidor, despues de haberse dejado los oros en el juego, lo primero que se le pasa a uno por la cabeza es dejar de lado la nación española. Entré en la misma por que soy español y siempre mola ir con los tuyos, pero la verdad con tanta tontería uno incluso termina perdiendole las ganas al juego.

Básicamente a lo que venía a decir es que no son los timers o los USA o los británicos los que se cargan el juego ;)

• Like 5

Básicamente a lo que venía a decir es que no son los timers o los USA o los británicos los que se cargan el juego

touche.

si el juego tuviera varias capitales españolas con varios puertos asignados a cada una, pudiendo diferenciarse una de otra, al final la guerra seria entre españoles.

Edited by Alado
  • Like 3

Does Spain need Key West as Free town or neutral town?

Most other nations have free towns nearby except for Britain.

Free ports are located the way that you can reach any place from the freetown withing 20-25 mins of sailing.

Also conveniently located free port allows easier crafting deliveried and having two towns provides opportunity to deliver from some place else if one of the free towns is camped (cayo and key west, la vache/cayman, atwood, la tortue, island harbor/plymouth/veques

We know France wants to change Camp du Roy to neutral after the port reset (too close to capital).

We want your opinion on the Key West.

Dear Admin,

As a (US-PvP2) Spanish player who has stuck with this faction since my purchase a week or so ago, I want to tell you my experiences/issues with map control as Spain:

1. KEY WEST

As I am on a server with an overwhelming amount of US players comparatively speaking to other factions in my personal experience, as US influence has gradually crept closer to Cuba, the port of Key West has become an extremely hostile area towards Spanish players. Newbies are often harassed getting to their missions, trade is extremely dangerous, and this often lead to many Spanish players actively broadcasting in Spain chat to completely ABANDON our capital La Habana in hopes of settling in a more remote region of the map to grind xp/craft in peace. Key West should be made a neutral port in my opinion, while perhaps transferring that free town status further up the Florida Keys.

2. SPAIN ALWAYS ON THE DEFENSIVE

Admin, you suggested earlier in this thread that perhaps the map should start mostly with neutral ports and I am INCLINED TO AGREE if port battle timers are intended to stay as they are. One of the biggest issues Spain UNIQUELY faces as a faction concerns the port battle timers. Spain is extremely widespread across the map after a port reset and while it is expected to not be able to defend everything, because the majority of the map has free timers on all of its ports, Spain is often under attack by multiple factions and often loses multiple ports simultaneously during primetime in a night. When it comes time to try and counter-attack as Spain, we are forced to adhere to the enemy's schedule. THIS GAME FAVORS ATTACKERS in its current state with the lack of availability to defend Spain's vast holdings across the map. If Spain was allowed to set timers on its own conquered (and invested) territory, things would be much more even overall even if it's ahistorical after next port wipe.

3. OUTNUMBERED AND DEMORALIZED = LOW POPULATION

Spain when I had first joined had a decent amount of players and now suffers to even gather ~10 players for a port assault. Many Spanish clans originally had the idea to split up and defend the various regions of Spain's empire, but ultimately this divided our playerbase and allowed the regions with bottlenecked playerbases (such as the US) to OVERRUN the split clans. 3 hour teleports forces you to commit to a single region of Spain's defense during primetime while you're being simultaneously attacked across the board. As we lost all of Florida and most of Mexico, many Spain players began to give up hope for our faction and it wasn't until the US/Brits could easily make Cuba its stomping grounds did people leave Spain in mass droves. Even now I see players who are still favorable to Spain refusing to return simply because it's pointless to re-establish Spanish dominance when you can have more engaging and FAIR PVP by joining more POPULATED FACTIONS. That is the only benefit of being a part of a different faction than Spain in Naval Action's current state and it's a very ENTICING one.

4. NO INCENTIVES TO BE THE NATION IN THE MIDDLE

If the Devs sincerely want Spain to remain a powerhouse on the map while being sandwiched in between multiple factions that naturally draw in large populations, there needs to be a national incentive outside of having an overly ample amount of PvP to join Spain. Personally, I do not think this is a good idea as many of the other player factions will cry foul play on our nation's special treatment and rightfully so, but that is a choice I leave to the developer. The only advantage I can see that Spain has right now is for the first three weeks or so you can trade in peace far off in a remote part of Spain's empire. Perhaps it would be better to focus on INCENTIVES FOR LOW POPULATION FACTIONS and have that effect be universal for every faction if their population is disparate. Having an XP BOOST FOR LOW POP FACTIONS would certainly appease those who constantly complain that this game is too grindy and also HELP LOW POP FACTIONS CATCH UP AND ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE IN RvR.

5. CUBA PORT MISSION LOCATIONS ARE BUGGED

This is more of a bug issue than strategical input on Spain's map position. Missions in Cuba after a certain level BEGIN TO SPAWN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF CUBA often resulting in a 30+ minute destination for that mission, which just makes the home port of La Habana and Cuba as a whole ultimately an INCONVENIENT LEVELING AREA. I hope in the future mission spawns will respect the direction on which their port is adjoined to the land.

-----

To other posters reading this thread, please keep in mind I say all this because I love this game and do not wish for Spain to be overpowered or have advantages that other factions do not. I simply wish to have fun again and feel as though one of the major powers in the Caribbean actually has the on par playerbase to show for it. Even now, my server has a greater player turn out for the French, Dutch, and Swedish factions than the Spanish could ever hope for in my personal experience. Seeing that I've lost another 8-10 ports each day I log in and have very little chance for recourse ultimately makes me want to reroll, though the only thing stopping me is my nationalistic pride and hope that Spain can bounce back.

Either way, this game has been incredibly enjoying for me and I hope the developers make Spain a more viable faction.

Thank you,

Federico Gravina

• Like 2

I would also suggest creating a new forum (or perhaps encourage the use of the Map discussion forum and directing native Spanish speakers there by posting a sticky here) when posting threads focused on a certain nation. While I do not want to take away from native Spanish speakers who play on Spain, I didn't expect the Spain issues from a gameplay aspect thread to be located in the Spanish language section.

Hello Captains. 

It came up in a moderators chat and we would like to discuss the problems of Spain as a nation with you. Solving those problems will help other nations experiencing the same issues in the future. 

Some of the problems spain is experiencing are not intended as we expected Spain to be one of the most populated nations (like it was in POTBS)

Current priorities do not allow fixing the problems immediately but in the future we plan to address them. 

Current ideas.

• Alliances system allowing port entry for allies and their participation in port battles
  • Limitations on flag purchases to slow down expansions for large nations (harder to address)
  • Spanish language advertising to bring more spanish players into the game - your help is needed here too
  • Hard limits on the number of players in nation (a-la other mmo games). 
  • Underpopulated nation bonuses. 

Please share your concerns and proposed solutions in this discussion.

In my opinion this is not only a Spanish issue, its more like an issue for the factions with lower player amount, but i can see why Spain is getting the attention

As some people already mentioned before, getting your ports constantly hammered and seeing clearly in the game that others are taking your ports and u can do nothing about it is demoralizing and with the current meta of the Re-Roll without punishment people are taking the easy way out and going to another nation (more fun)

An alliance system would be amazing with port entry and participation in port battles but then u have to modify a couple of things to make it really player driven

• Removing the NPC production of resources in a port
  • Only members of the nation can build the resource gathering buildings in their nation ports

Reason behind the above 2 is clear, only nation players are able to produce the resources and can put them on the local market so that other nation members and alliance members can buy them of the market hereby creating some pretty good market pvp in the process in the bigger capital/trade ports.

The issue I have with the current game is that the map and the land the nations hold at the start is not player driven at all, in this case Spain holds huge amounts of ports but cannot defend them

Why dont u start with only the capitals are nation controlled so everyone starts out with 1,2,3,4 starting ports depending if u want to keep the difficulty level on the nations but when u start the game u have to choose a nation and a starting place and they cannot teleport to their other capitals only to the one they chose at the start.

All the other ports except the Free Towns are Neutral ports, this will ensure (when they think about it) that every nation captures the amount of ports that they can defend hereby insuring that there is no demoralization from just unable to defend empty ports across the map.

Now there is another issue with capturing ports and setting up the vulnerability timer of said port, currently it is on a player basis(steam account?) which means with the current meta of people re-rolling to another nation, that those ports become inactive and are unable to be changed, same goes for when the person goes inactive in the game. I dont really know how to fix this issue when its tied to the steam account but if its tied to the player name, whenever that player goes inactive for x amount or deletes his name the port changes back to its neutral state and can be recaptured by anyone and set a time.

Limitations of flags: I personally would not limit people in grabbing ports i would just increase the price of the flags with the increased amount of ports they currently own, this will slow down the port taking after x amount of ports.

Spanish recruitment ? This counts for every low player nation. there might be a solution to this if u recreate the free town people, for the people that are not sure which nation to join and create a recruitment ingame application posted in the free town ports, whenever an advert is posted in 1 free town it will be posted over all the free ports so u can reach enough people. 

Maybe add a local chat, advertisement channels

Hard limit on nations: just no, free world and all that (if there is a Zerg then it is up to the smaller nations to team up and beat the Zerg) and with the increased cost of the flags this might be less of an issue.

Underpopulated Nation Bonus, yes but only for Capturing Ports, i mean by this whenever a bigger nation attacks a weaker nation to price for a flag would go up exceptionally making it harder for a Bigger Zerg to attack the minion and walls over him.

SALUTATIONS FROM YOUR SALVATION, Juan Cena

here is how to fix population imbalance,

-LOCKS-

1.you could data farm the highest played nations, and close the highest 3 to new char.s, although this is not an immediate fix it could be applied with the following... additionally you can remove the dormant accounts every 3 weeks per say, So if you dont report to your nation every 21days(hypo.) you would lose your citizenship.

-Port Battles-

2.add per ship cost to port battles, problem atm is population rich nations can zerg ports and turn 2000% profits from upgrade,dmg gold, and trade items.

secondly, add a single prized item to the highest damage dealt in port battle(add DAMAGE METERS PLZ) this would give incentive to bring not an excessive amount of ships, with smaller battles, less players would get invites and eventually be left the option to find ppl(other nations) who needs ships to take to PB's.thirdly to counter random timezones of primetime and low pops, you NEED to add a [reinforcement button] to Port Battles, this would allow say 2 ships near an attack to go in and call in not something overbarring but just to ensure the attackers used a minimal level of skill, and not be a stomp for the 2 ships, how thatd work is you would have reinf work same way but give the Turret a BR, id say multiple the BR but until u position them in a way where you in range of 1-4 turrets with in a few knots apart.

-DAILY for NATION-

3.THIS IS MY CLUTCH SOLUTION, and yes i have many more but for now ill just drop three."The Daily Large Nation Battle",i'll explain, once per day players will get a HI REWARD CACHE(mats/upgrade) for the completion of fighting for your nation in LNB, //heres the fix// players in be in eligible que until their nation  reaches 25% of the LNB participants. In depth if 4 players que'd from nation (A) the third player wouldnt gain access to join untill 11ppl joined making him nation (A) fleet tally 25% of the twelve players, the forth player would have to wait until 15 had joined,making the 25% cut as the 16th

so if the nation pop is atm lets say US 45% UK 30% Pi 15% rest Other Nations-5%

the que windows will be:

US: estimated time 30min

UK: estimated time 10min

Pi: estimated time 2min

ON: estimated time: INSTANT POP ***hence the inccentive to be on low pop***

i can assure you this works faction balance as it has on many WoW servers before they merged all they pvp to multiplatform

theres is also many experience tweeks you can do and money cost obv so i wont go into them,also these will not put a dent in max levels from superpowers.

If you made it this far i thank you for your time,hope i explained in clearly enough and hope you bump this for devs attn.

THANX JUAN.

• Like 1

• Spanish language advertising to bring more spanish players into the game - your help is needed here too

Con la publicidad en español poco va a conseguir. No lo sé con certeza, pero me da que la población de jugadores de Naval Action tiene cierta edad. Hoy en día, casi todos los jugadores menores de 20-25 años se desenvuelven sin problema en inglés, sin embargo existe un buen porcentaje de mayor edad que no lo dominan en exceso y que no van a estar dispuestos a gastar 39€ en un juego que no esté traducido al español. El juego tiene pocos diálogos, por lo tanto mi consejo es que lo traduzcan al español. Con esa medida si que verán como se incrementa la población de jugadores cuya lengua madre es precisamente esa, que creo que superan los 300 millones ¿les parecen pocos?

Desafortunadamente el problema es otro.

Los Devs no trabajan por gloria sino por dinero. US y Brits son las facciones con mas jugadores.

Las mecanicas que son en favor de acquellas facciones (como, por ejemplo, los port timers) nunca van a mudar simplemente porque los Devs tienen miedo que - si lo hacen - van perder mas jugadores que si quitamos nosotros.

Tenenmos que entender y aceptar eso sin drama y seguir jugando: vamos a dejar lo suenos de conquista y volvemos en una nacion corsaria que va a molestar cada dia a todos los "grandes" del juego... yarr!.

Edited by victor

As a player of the Spanish faction, I see that the situation of the Spanish capital is unsustainable, our capital is in the center of the map, which is indefensible with the British in the South, the American faction Spanning the north and pirates by the East. New players have no quiet in which to develop their skills. In this situation, the Spanish faction will not have players in a short time. I think that a possible solution to consider is the change of the capital to another area. For example, as Cartagena de Indias and even Caracas. I ask you (developers) to please you had in mind this possibility and you realize a survey of the Spanish faction players, if they would be in favor of changing the capital.
I appreciate your attention.

:(

Edited by BlasDeLezo
  • Like 2

Proposed solutions:

1. Keep the balance of players connected nation in real time, allowing only until an acceptable margin. Harmful to the game because the player will feel not allowed to play.

2. The fewer players registered have a nation, the greater the reward in gold and experience in fighting. In turn, players registered in a nation with a large population get very little gold and combat experience.

Note: This alternative would not solve the problem by itself, because, what good is defending a port with 5 "Santisima Trinidad" vs 25 "Trincomale", "Constitution", etc?

3. create a system captured ports, where players from that nation, have the obligation to maintain a commercial logistics (deliver demanded products) to keep that port for your country, then the ports that do not receive such products, after "n" days becomes a neutral faction. Smaller nations = demand is small and "n" will be greater. Factions most populous = demand is higher and "n" will be smaller.

Fix this problem is urgent for a balance in the open world, but some factions will be reduced to 1 port on the map soon. This should be a priority for you developers.

Note: courtesy of google translator, so excuse my English

Edited by Mazinger

There's a very simple way to halt the expansion of a nation when it gets too large: add an exponential modifier to the cost of flags based on the number of existing ports that nation controls.

Nation with 1 port, flag cost = base value x 1 = 100,000 gold (as an example).

Nation with 20 ports, flag cost = base value x 2 = 200,000 gold.

Nation with 100 ports, flag cost = base value x 512 = 51,200,000 gold.

Obviously, the exact values will need to be tweaked. But the idea is that a nation's growth will be forced to slow as it gets larger, and smaller nations will be able to recover more easily. Plus, it has the added benefit of making nations more carefully pick and choose the ports they take and defend, instead of steamrollering every port they can grasp.

Similarly, a modifier for the number of players in a nation could also be applied.

Edited by Musuko42
  • Like 2

Nation with 100 ports, flag cost = base value x 512 = 51,200,000 gold.

The way i would tweak this cost as lets face it, the game is about conquest of the caribbean so it should be: 

• Nation with 100 ports, flag cost = base value x 12 = 1,200,000 gold.
  • Nation with 200 ports, flag cost = base value x 22 = 2,200,000 gold.
  • Nation with 300 ports, flag cost = base value x 32 = 3,200,000 gold.

Very nice thread with many good points :)

-Conquest should be difficult, if not hard. Make the flags price reflect the amount of ports a nation owns.

-Capture windows/timers are tricky. Tricky is rarely fair & useful.

-Maybe at this point, the game has too many factions. Start small, then expand instead of having unbalanced factions and underdogs that are hard to manage.

-It will be very difficult to have a balanced game if we keep it (too) historical (capitals location for instance).

I like the idea of naval bases, added fortifications and such. It's going to be really interesting :D

I dislike the ports reset idea for as long as the current issues are not solved since it will start all over again. More content is good, but what we don't fix remains broken, even with new/more toys.

But hey, I trust you'll do it right :D