Game-Labs Forum

Prevent Basic Cutters from PvP

Basic cutters normally dont go to far normally, I agree they have nothing to lose but they are so small you should be able to run being they aren't very fast nor powerful, it doesn't matter what ship your in if its a zerg and your 1 person run. But in total forbidding basic cutters from pvp is stupid sorry.

• Like 1

Basic cutters normally dont go to far normally, I agree they have nothing to lose but they are so small you should be able to run being they aren't very fast nor powerful, it doesn't matter what ship your in if its a zerg and your 1 person run. But in total forbidding basic cutters from pvp is stupid sorry.

I'm sure he means to say:

"But in total forbidding basic cutters from pvp is not something we should consider until more data is gathered, sorry."

• Like 1

they have same cannons as snow brig or mercury... class 8... so that means 2 cutters have same firepower as class 6 ships. Not the first time i'm being a witness of 20-25 cutters just ganking and having fun by attacking renommee or other ships... yes u can ram them but have u played the game ? try to catch those little bustards while u have a renommee . Theres no point for me to fight them coz i know that enemy will lose nothing but i will...

If they're swarming (TDA used to do the "Yacht Club" in this manner....quite a sight to see!) you in a Renommee you don't want to catch them.  You turn your bow to the point of best sail the moment you see them - it will be downwind, and you'll soon pull away and can leave the instance.

• Like 2

There was a proposal around here somewhere that the "basic" free cutter only be able to equip 4-lb guns (with, of course, a commensurate scaling down of 1st Rank missions and XP requirements to compensate).  One would have to buy a "real" cutter with real repair charges to gain access to 6lb cannon/12lb carronades.

• Like 5

There was a proposal around here somewhere that the "basic" free cutter only be able to equip 4-lb guns (with, of course, a commensurate scaling down of 1st Rank missions and XP requirements to compensate).  One would have to buy a "real" cutter with real repair charges to gain access to 6lb cannon/12lb carronades.

I really like this idea as currently there is no incentive to buy a cutter, when the basic is free can be or pretty good quality at times. Basic cutter should be grey with fir wood and only the 4 pdrs.

I really like this idea as currently there is no incentive to buy a cutter, when the basic is free can be or pretty good quality at times. Basic cutter should be grey with fir wood and only the 4 pdrs.

There are quite a few people struggling in missions with the basic cutter as given now even with better guns..  Missions need work on difficulty scaling, the current missions have been tuned for a more experienced group of players, the noob doesn't get a lot of consideration when first starting.

I do not like your reasoning. I think its good that we are all fighting diversly. Couldn't give a damn that I am currently sailing a fir ship, it's more about how you use your ship than the quality of it.

• Like 1

I believe world pvp should be restricted to bought and captures ships.  It is silly that people can roam around and attack other players with absolutely zero risk to themselves.

Thoughts?

Bad idea.

Punish new players by making it impossible for them to fight other players. Denying people one of the key and basic features of the game can't be a good thing.

• Like 1

Well I have a basic cutter and a yacht, not sure which one I like best, but after fitting the long 6lb cannon I can capture a ship pretty quickly, the 4lb is okay but the range is terrible I think. I've not tried pvp yet still learning the basics, like finding my way about, but I don't get lost mostly about 50 miles out across the sea's after 4 or 5 days with no land.