Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

No offense Thonar but you didn't witness what happened after the agreement was made, if you did you would understand my position. I've been very reasonable since the beginning of this disagreement, I didn't just leave the council after rejecting, we stayed in the national TS because we did want to cooperate, but the drama and slander got so bad I had to remove myself before I did something I'd regret. DRUNK can't be solely blamed for what happened. And honestly there's nothing wrong with a clan doing its own offensives, it's not like we'd refuse to defend our own ports. The treaty even allows open world PvP so why not attack the Danes?

• Like 2

And honestly there's nothing wrong with a clan doing its own offensives, it's not like we'd refuse to defend our own ports. The treaty even allows open world PvP so why not attack the Danes?

Finally! We totally agree to this!! :D But I hope that also includes no Port Battles ;)

But I like the fights we get. However, we are not often in your area any more since we get all the PVP we could ever dream of from the Brits, and they don't run as often as you guys ;)

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 1

No offense Thonar but you didn't witness what happened after the agreement was made, if you did you would understand my position. I've been very reasonable since the beginning of this disagreement, I didn't just leave the council after rejecting, we stayed in the national TS because we did want to cooperate, but the drama and slander got so bad I had to remove myself before I did something I'd regret. DRUNK can't be solely blamed for what happened. And honestly there's nothing wrong with a clan doing its own offensives, it's not like we'd refuse to defend our own ports. The treaty even allows open world PvP so why not attack the Danes?

I have a question for you:

Why do you insist on Attacking the French? Since multiples days it has been constant harrassement non-stop and you even got so far to gloat about it in the France Declare War to GB threat.

I don't think you are stupid, and you should know this kind of action will not serve you well.

You like PvP? Then why not helping your comrades who fight in the bigger action? Why not go harrass the nation your Nation is actually in War with?

You've already become the Black Sheep of your nation apparently, and lot's of people French side start to really hate you to say the least.

I think yesterday evening you got some big company. People in France are starting to be more than pissed off and you are laughted at left and right. Even the fact that you apparently use only Renomme built for speed with long canon make you looks like absolute cowards.

So my question is: why. Why do you insist on passing for the Black Sheep, why do you insist on acting in a way that make you just look bad with absolute no kind of respect.

It would be quite simple for you to have at least a reputation that include respect: get to help your nation against there ennemys, and not the people they are neutral or even allied with.

Finally! We totally agree to this!! :D But I hope that also includes no Port Battles ;)

But I like the fights we get. However, we are not often in your area any more since we get all the PVP we could ever dream of from the Brits, and they don't run as often as you guys ;)

And why no port battles? Is it open PvP or not? Do you own the server or not? They can do WHAT they want WHEN they want. If they decide to take ports of you then it's their god damn right to do it.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

And why no port battles? Is it open PvP or not? Do you own the server or not? They can do WHAT they want WHEN they want. If they decide to take ports of you then it's their god damn right to do it.

Yeah! They should go against three nations at once! They have every right to get wiped out!

Same old Brits, same old tune ^^'

I for one admit Some British F***** some shit up when it came to diplo shit in the past and comments on the forums, but is there really any need for this much hate by 3 nations and the pirates against one Nation? 

Also why is it as soon as one nation or clan decides to work with us, or help in a way by attacking one of these 3 nations + pirates, instead of  working against us like so many other nations/clans they are instantly targeted and picked on for what they want to do?

Is it just the sole fact that we like many nations have people who post shit on the forums, go to far when talking smack etc etc that we are hated? Or is it because unlike many nations that started around us we spread out and captured as many Neutral ports as we could to set up bases for the different clans of our nation?

In reply to someone saying it takes loyalty and trust for alliances, Did we british not leave 5 spanish ports alone for months before the formation of the council spanish because of a agreement with RAE?

Are the rumours that circled in the british community before war broke out true that RAE wanted to move to Truxillo the sole Spanish port that was still spanish as we had not got around/saw the need to take it yet as per a new agreement before they we kicked out of panama by other british clans (again before our council was formed) that we could take those 5 ports as well as the Gulf, Cuba and all other spanish territories to the North of Bonacca as they were happy fighting in Panama at the time? Yet when we come to carry out this kind of agreement they thrust it back into our faces and call us liars?

If this is true then why would they want to move to a one port town surrounded by British ports if they were not going to attack? Does that Speak of Trust?

Where is the Trust i ask, when it was British Diplomats that always went to talk to the likes of the Spanish on there teamspeaks rather than they come to ours? Did they let us know of there plan before hand to go fight the Dutch? Nope so may i ask again where is the trust in that when a few days/a week prior we told them we were heading down there to fight the dutch and if i recall that was to assist you french at the time. But No the Spanish didn't want that so we pulled out of the area. Again maybe this would have helped if the spanish trusted us like we trusted them at the time. Yet its just solely British Fault, its always British at fault when it comes to Diplomacy apparently. 

Last time i checked Diplomacy is a two way Street so why is it always Our fault that shit goes wrong instead of both nations being at blame?

And France please stop blaming us for you surrendering so fast, if you gave us more time to help we would have, yet you gave us 1 day and during that day you were already in talks of surrendering yet you wanted us to help you?

I have a question for you:

Why do you insist on Attacking the French? Since multiples days it has been constant harrassement non-stop and you even got so far to gloat about it in the France Declare War to GB threat.

I don't think you are stupid, and you should know this kind of action will not serve you well.

You like PvP? Then why not helping your comrades who fight in the bigger action? Why not go harrass the nation your Nation is actually in War with?

You've already become the Black Sheep of your nation apparently, and lot's of people French side start to really hate you to say the least.

I think yesterday evening you got some big company. People in France are starting to be more than pissed off and you are laughted at left and right. Even the fact that you apparently use only Renomme built for speed with long canon make you looks like absolute cowards.

So my question is: why. Why do you insist on passing for the Black Sheep, why do you insist on acting in a way that make you just look bad with absolute no kind of respect.

It would be quite simple for you to have at least a reputation that include respect: get to help your nation against there ennemys, and not the people they are neutral or even allied with.

If you want to hate (such a strong emotion used for such petty reasons) us for removing durability from your ships by playing the game as it is intended then that's your problem, not ours. Laugh all you want. The fact of the matter is that you can't deal with an enemy that uses actual tactics and not just brawling with carronades like it was just another ai fleet battle. Why should we not maximize our chances in enemy waters surrounded by bottlenecks where we can get jumped by superior forces at any time? What does it take to not be a "coward"? To bring the slowest ships possible and sail in a straight line towards you? If we were cowards why would we not simply stay in the safest waters possible and shoot at incompetent AI all day? If there is zero chance of winning, there is zero incentive to stay around and get shot to pieces. Everybody does this, not just us. And if there is a shot at winning, we usually take it.

The very reason I even joined this clan was that I was dragged into a battle together with DRUNK members where the odds were stacked against us, but through superior tactics and good leadership we ended up winning decisively. We could have run, but we chose to stay and fight. It was really fun, they promised more fights like these and they were also a classy bunch (no we're not all foul mouthed devils that like to kidnap and eat babies like some seem to think) so I decided to join. Because believe it or not, I play this game to have fun. If others would rather get themselves worked up for nothing and throw wild accusations and even blatant abuse towards us instead of adjusting their tactics and fighting back, then again, that is not our problem.

I always try to be as civilized and respectful as I can even towards my enemies, and if you happen to sink me then that's fine. It's what we all signed up for when we decided to join the PVP server. We have to my knowledge never attacked any actual allies like you claim. We were never allied with the danes, we were never allied to the dutch, and before the alliance with france was broken we never attacked them. We have (against our better judgement) sometimes helped with screening and such, but the last time we decided to do this we got royally screwed over by our teammates and reminded why we shouldn't rely on anybody else but ourselves. We never took on the role of black sheep either. It was something pushed onto us by people that love to stir up drama, generalise wherever possible and even blatantly make stuff up out of thin air simply to make us look bad.

Simply put, these are people that have forgotten the reason why we play games. Don't be one of those people.

• Like 1

I play to get fun too, I play and I enjoy PvP and try to stay respectful. Giving good experience to myself AND to the others.

You seem to only apply the fun for YOU without any kind of consideration to the others.

Simply put, these are people that have forgotten the reason why we play games. Don't be one of those people.

If by forgotten the reason why we plays games you mean: to piss everyone off and acting against you own nation.

I'd rather be one of those people.

Because at least I get to do PvP, face worthy opponents, having fun, AND helping my Nation and being part of a bigger machine.

And not contenting myself on putting screenshot of me and my mates capturing guys alone and then making it public like attention whore.

You sir have fun rendering the experience of the others has unpleasant has possible by acting like trolls.

I will have fun making good battles with both friends and ennemy without lacking respect for them.

Still, thank you for your answer.

1458496015-sans-blinking.jpg

If for you being good players is enought to justify all the problems your clan create. Have fun with it.

1458496009-sans-eyeless-resize.png

I'll have fun hunting you if you hurt one of my ally's.

God speed to you.

Edited by KuroNyra

I for one admit Some British F***** some shit up when it came to diplo shit in the past and comments on the forums, but is there really any need for this much hate by 3 nations and the pirates against one Nation?

Also why is it as soon as one nation or clan decides to work with us, or help in a way by attacking one of these 3 nations + pirates, instead of working against us like so many other nations/clans they are instantly targeted and picked on for what they want to do?

Is it just the sole fact that we like many nations have people who post shit on the forums, go to far when talking smack etc etc that we are hated? Or is it because unlike many nations that started around us we spread out and captured as many Neutral ports as we could to set up bases for the different clans of our nation?

In reply to someone saying it takes loyalty and trust for alliances, Did we british not leave 5 spanish ports alone for months before the formation of the council spanish because of a agreement with RAE?

Are the rumours that circled in the british community before war broke out true that RAE wanted to move to Truxillo the sole Spanish port that was still spanish as we had not got around/saw the need to take it yet as per a new agreement before they we kicked out of panama by other british clans (again before our council was formed) that we could take those 5 ports as well as the Gulf, Cuba and all other spanish territories to the North of Bonacca as they were happy fighting in Panama at the time? Yet when we come to carry out this kind of agreement they thrust it back into our faces and call us liars?

If this is true then why would they want to move to a one port town surrounded by British ports if they were not going to attack? Does that Speak of Trust?

Where is the Trust i ask, when it was British Diplomats that always went to talk to the likes of the Spanish on there teamspeaks rather than they come to ours? Did they let us know of there plan before hand to go fight the Dutch? Nope so may i ask again where is the trust in that when a few days/a week prior we told them we were heading down there to fight the dutch and if i recall that was to assist you french at the time. But No the Spanish didn't want that so we pulled out of the area. Again maybe this would have helped if the spanish trusted us like we trusted them at the time. Yet its just solely British Fault, its always British at fault when it comes to Diplomacy apparently.

Last time i checked Diplomacy is a two way Street so why is it always Our fault that shit goes wrong instead of both nations being at blame?

And France please stop blaming us for you surrendering so fast, if you gave us more time to help we would have, yet you gave us 1 day and during that day you were already in talks of surrendering yet you wanted us to help you?

You say this but at the same time from the first day I started playing this game all I have heard from the British is a rally cry for everyone to fight the Pirate 'scum'. You would be more than happy if the shoe was on the other foot as you have shown in you actions against other factions in the past.

When you worked with the US to almost anhilate Spain the only thing you kept saying was how it was Spains fault for having bad diplomacy.

Well now it has flipped around perhaps it is Britains fault for having bad Diplomacy?

People remember when they are screwed over and it is very hard to forgive but very easy to enact revenge. Britain has been less than friendly neighbours to pretty much everyone and was more than happy ro boast about its power when it was on top.

So is it suprising now that people come seeking that revenge and do not heed your pleas of mercy?

Edited by Kutai

So is it suprising now that people come seeking that revenge and do not heed your pleas of mercy?

Is it surprising that some still try to act like they haven't done anything to be put in that situation?

"And France please stop blaming us for you surrendering so fast, if you gave us more time to help we would have, yet you gave us 1 day and during that day you were already in talks of surrendering yet you wanted us to help you?"

"if you gave us more time..." Time we did not had, Time we were lacking because we were so close from being wiped out. But hey, it"s not your fault if you haven't come when we asked, when people warned the situation was becoming dangerous.

No, of course. It's always our fault.

Shall I also see a "French surrender coward" insult in your message?

I'm not Russian! I don't even play Russian!

I would have taken just as much offense if somebody called me Belgian or German, so no insult intended towards the Russians :)

How does someone play Russian actually?

I always tought that in Mother Russia, Russians play YOU!

You say this but at the same time from the first day I started playing this game all I have heard from the British is a rally cry for everyone to fight the Pirate 'scum'. You would be more than happy if the shoe was on the other foot as you have shown in you actions against other factions in the past.

When you worked with the US to almost anhilate Spain the only thing you kept saying was how it was Spains fault for having bad diplomacy.

Well now it has flipped around perhaps it is Britains fault for having bad Diplomacy?

People remember when they are screwed over and it is very hard to forgive but very easy to enact revenge. Britain has been less than friendly neighbours to pretty much everyone and was more than happy ro boast about its power when it was on top.

OK so here is the thing....Pirates are not a nation they are a stereotype.   "those that attack ships"   which means no diplomacy and basically KoS.    The British as a stereotype have always been portrayed as gentlemanly and honourable etc etc Therefore anyone who doesn't try and come to a civil agreement is scum.  In theory if you attack a friendly you are a pirate.   ie a downgrade of status.   Try to grasp this concept as best you can

The fact that the pirates think they are a nation is just a product of gameplay being homogenized.  basically the only difference between any of the nations is a tag and starting point and the fact you cant become worse than pirate for attacking pirates.

now with or without roleplaying it is generally a bad act to attack someone unprovoked.......on water it is piracy.

as far as caring about ports.....there was a time pre production buildings where ports = resources.....now they are really just about ego....unfortunately our egos are a  little smaller than our port ownership so some ports are being flipped.  

some of us care, some of us don't.........at some stage you will be close enough that it isn't a pain in the ass to sail over and kick yours but right now we are busy...

Ever hear of TLDR?  this is similar.

TFDB.png

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 2

So you think we shouldn't attack French because it upsets people? I honestly don't even have a response to that one..When we plan offensives the only thing we consider is location and objectives, I doubt many other clans ask themselves if it will upset anyone..I was upset over "Black Friday" but my response was cannon balls. Losing ships is part of the game.

• Like 1

So you think we shouldn't attack French because it upsets people? I honestly don't even have a response to that one..When we plan offensives the only thing we consider is location and objectives, I doubt many other clans ask themselves if it will upset anyone..I was upset over "Black Friday" but my response was cannon balls. Losing ships is part of the game.

I think that if you are to attack peoples, you don't got for the littles ones who stand no chance like you did.

Your comrade attacked last week at multiple time some of our newest member who were just in a Snow.

Do you take pride in attacking with 3 renommee a snow used by a guy who have only 3 days of experience?

And please, you talk about objectives but you don't even have any objectives. Your nation is not fighting against France and there is no port capture, you are just here to screw around and play pirates without having to suffer the consequence of breaking the accords made with your nation.

And I don't many others clans who get spotted on and even talked about in every chat because they don't follow the diplomacy of there own nation and love to attack the small ones adn act like douchebags

Many other clans certainly don't really care about the players they face, but at least they have the dignity of respecting the rules, the diplomatic work made by there nation and don't simply go screwing around. No, many other clans actually try to do something for there nation without compromising everythign in the diplomatic sessions.

. So please, drop your charade. You fool no one: heck even going in this thread talking about your Clans like it's his own nation.

Just go to pirates, really. Just do it. (And I'm not even sur you would be welcomed there.)

Edited by KuroNyra
  • Like 1

What offensives?

Please tell me which ports and thus ressources you captured for Sweden?

@Kuro

We not compromising anything...the Danes know who we are, the French knows who we are, and i guess also the Dutch. So if a small fleet of DRUNK members are attacking, they know that has nothing to do with Sweden. Same like the LMO guys from French nation. Every time they are spotted we are talking about the LMO and not French as a whole nation.

@Kuro

We not compromising anything...the Danes know who we are, the French knows who we are, and i guess also the Dutch. So if a small fleet of DRUNK members are attacking, they know that has nothing to do with Sweden. Same like the LMO guys from French nation. Every time they are spotted we are talking about the LMO and not French as a whole nation.

You are compromising the negociation of your nation with the others. Because you are rogue and do what the heck you want without even thinking for a second about the consequence.

I don't think you get the big scope of what's going on around you guys, and it's scary.

OK so here is the thing....Pirates are not a nation they are a stereotype.   "those that attack ships"   which means no diplomacy and basically KoS.    The British as a stereotype have always been portrayed as gentlemanly and honourable etc etc Therefore anyone who doesn't try and come to a civil agreement is scum.  In theory if you attack a friendly you are a pirate.   ie a downgrade of status.   Try to grasp this concept as best you can

The fact that the pirates think they are a nation is just a product of gameplay being homogenized.  basically the only difference between any of the nations is a tag and starting point and the fact you cant become worse than pirate for attacking pirates.

now with or without roleplaying it is generally a bad act to attack someone unprovoked.......on water it is piracy.

as far as caring about ports.....there was a time pre production buildings where ports = resources.....now they are really just about ego....unfortunately our egos are a  little smaller than our port ownership so some ports are being flipped.  

some of us care, some of us don't.........at some stage you will be close enough that it isn't a pain in the ass to sail over and kick yours but right now we are busy...

Ever hear of TLDR?  this is similar.

I think that s one of the reasons why your nation failed with diplomacy, you see "stereotype" everywhere.

"...Though you are a sneaking puppy, and so are all those who will submit to be governed by laws which rich men have made for their own security; for the cowardly whelps have not the courage otherwise to defend what they get by knavery; but damn ye altogether: damn them for a pack of crafty rascals, and you, who serve them, for a parcel of hen-hearted numbskulls. They vilify us, the scoundrels do, when there is only this difference, they rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage...". Samuel Bellamy

Edited by thp