Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

What will the plan be if a nation quits? I know this is unlikely at the moment but the thought crossed my mind, since the historical correctness of things, if a historically correct nation declined then new players would not stay because nobody on that side ... what would you do? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21.01.2018 at 3:47 PM, Jean Ribault said:

Steam Achievements.  I posted it elsewhere on this forum where it makes sense, but was either ignored or not seen.

Please respond.

steam achievements are not currently on the priority list, just like many other interesting ideas like ability to change sets of ensigns and banners.
Once tutorial, localization and ui is done - they could be added of course. 

• Like 6

On 02.02.2018 at 1:19 PM, rediii said:

Admin stated somewhere that new playersbget a free forged papers the first 30 days after creating the account.

30 day forged papers for new players are not needed anymore. 
new player can get M&C rank by passing an exam and basically can switch nation by deleting the char and passing exams will help him to get to M&C

If you made a wrong choice you can just correct it within 2-3 hours. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, admin said:

30 day forged papers for new players are not needed anymore. 
new player can get M&C rank by passing an exam and basically can switch nation by deleting the char and passing exams will help him to get to M&C

If you made a wrong choice you can just correct it within 2-3 hours. 

not bad at all actually.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to have a wind direction indicator available while in port?

Is it possible to have a mouse vertical inverter option available? There are several players that prefer this type of mouse operation and it would get a few more players on board.

Thanks

DukeHQ

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the tutorial Endurance exam and the Final Exam, Why does the Player crew give up when moral gets to zero (0) but, when AI moral gets to zero (0) the player still has to kill all the AI crew?

I have had AI at zero (0) moral with 75 crew and still had to kill all of the crew.

I have been at Zero (0) moral with over 80 crew and they just give up and AI wins the boarding

I understand that this is supposed to be a challenge, but, the rules should be the same for both sides of the battle.

Edited by Ripplefire

6 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Greetings,

Im intrested is there any news on ETA of 3 Premium ships and if possible witch rates they will be  ?

4th - new visually improved Connie (known)

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

Unknown, but I half expect it to be some 12pdr frigate (wild speculation)

ETA unknown.

I'm anxiously awaiting the prem ship pack and how prem ships are going to be implemented.

Edited by jodgi

9 hours ago, jodgi said:

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

ETA unknown.

I'm anxiously awaiting the prem ship pack and how prem ships are going to be implemented.

Any proof or it is speculation?

12 hours ago, jodgi said:

5th(?) Xebeq (known)

ETA unknown.

Pandora ?

7 minutes ago, victor said:

Wasn't also the Montanez spanish 3rd rate somewhere in the pipeline?

Yes she along with Téméraire and Wreker won the polls and they said they will be added this year

Edited by Lovec1990
Added link

Greetings,

Admin said we are getting new building called MInt but i have 2 questions about it:

1.)It was said you will need Victory marks to build could we at least know vague amount of marks we will need?

2.)It was said silver and gold coins will be removed from game but in the same time Mint will be used to make coins can we at least know what kind of coins will be made in Mint?

all info we have atm:

New building will be introduced - mint. Mint will be required tomake coins and will require victory marks to build

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:04 AM, Saryk said:

Do upgrades that say "CANONS" affect Mortars too ?
I'm thinking of "Sir William Congreve's Sights", "Guacata Gunpowder" or "Basic Tackles Refit" for example.

While pen mods don't matter really causes Mortar is going to pen any way when it hits.  What you want to look for is the ones that give you better accuracy.  Means of Directing the Fire is a really good one for mortars as it makes the receptacle smaller from the start when you aim into a target.

@Ink Speaking of the Mortar are we ever going to fix the aim receptacle for them on shore?  It's fine firing at sea targets, but cause it stays on the water level you don't see it on land and have to guess.   I get why the red dot was removed, cause it made it way easy to target, but for land we might want to bring back the red dot or fix how the aim receptacle shows (or doesn't currently) on land.

• Like 1

Question: Are you going to change ROE for patrols mission to help with the ganking issue?

I only join the shallow event these days because ships are cheap so I don't cry that hard when I lose. In my experience you can sail out alone or in group in the Nassau event and there is a decent chance to get a good fight. But I'm sure a large % of the battles that take place there are uneven fights/gankes. 
In the other patrols I tried (Tumbado/La Tortue) I either got ganked when sailing out alone (or in a small group) or we organized a larger group and sailed around for 1-2 hour with out getting a fight.. Because there where no other players there interested in fighting a large group. So in my experience you sail out alone and get ganked or you sail out in a group and get no fight at all.

The issue has been discussed a lot in this thread and some input/response from devs would probably be appreciated : 

• Like 4