Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

I have two questions; 

First one is that, is it possible that you guys can add a 1829- Built ship to the game? Which is actually a heavy first rate with 120 guns on deck. It's name is Mahmudiye 1st Rate. And I'd like to see Vasa swimming around eventhough it couldnt in real life ^.^.

Second one is, like it was in potbs, will there be avatar combat missions dailies and some stuff that  by doing daily missions we get some  clickies, e.g reload bonus etc. in the battle?

I believe the Vasa falls outside of the dates Devs set for acceptable ships, and I'm fairly certain the Mahmudiye does too. As for everything avatar related, Devs are focusing on the ship side of things (models, combat, open ocean, etc) before anything else, as the ships are primarily what people play Naval Action for.

(But keep your fingers crossed!)

I cannot get the guns to fire no matter which key I press. I tried resetting the firing keys tothe mumerical keys 1-2-3 since I do not have a joystick and they never fire.

are you first clicking the right mouse button?

Look out the side of the ship you want to fire, right mouse. That will give you the shooting view. Targeting by raise/lower/side to side using the mouse. Fire a ranging shot using the space bar. Hit the left click to fire all of those guns.

Destraex posted keyboard commands here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1964-quick-keyboard-short-cuts-list-so-many-have-asked/

Let us know if that worked or not

In regards to the MMO and the currency system i imagine in pvp if your ship is sunk or recked you need to repair  well almost 60% ships sink in pvps so this is gonna be costly of course incouraging captain to not sink but capture ships for prize in the MMO  can you specify how itll work with ships does this mean starting out i can just buy new and better ships   will currency have a pay to win value that can be purchased out of game    if you can specify the greater details to me and us the MMO aspect or making money and xp to PVPs

A question of mine:

How is the new crew damage system goin? Are you developing at this right now? Or are you completely focusing different things like the Open Sea?

Id like to know because I feel the crew is not affected a lot by cannonfire. It used to be more (wich was too much). But I do think you should rething the crew-loss mechanic.

My question is this.

Are you going to implement ship magazine explosions?

My reasoning for it is that the British ships for one were well known for losing ships due to magazine explosions because of the way they stored powder and supplies.  Some other nations had issues as well. I realize the ship is going to blow up and sink but that is what happened and even a small ship can get a lucky shot into a magazine. As frustrating as it would be to lose a ship and perhaps the team lose the battle it works for both sides.

Thanks

Hello, first post, 1st question :

Q : Is it possible to re-bind all keys ?

I ask because I'm a left hander mouse man and one of the four arrow key users (no, there are more than four of us) !

Same first post, 2nd question :

Q : Are Alpha invitation Steam activation keys being sent out immediately or are they still being sent in batches.

I ask because I want it now (also know as "take my money").

The game is looking really good in my opinion, whatever the answers to my above question(s) I am certain that I will be making a purchase (six bells and all is well) !

Thank you.

EDIT 1 : All clear...

"Again,  system is simple - if you have bought the pre-order on friday afternoon or later (5th Dec) you will get a key next friday."

EDIT 2 : "you can customize the settings in the launcher.

When you start the game heres this little launcher with the resolution setup and all."

(I'm getting good at this)

• Like 1

Environment questions:

Is there a day/night cycle planned and will weather by dynamic? As in will we see rain and storms come and go, much like Skyrim and other open world games?

If so could there be sun in the Caribbean, a storm off of Africa and gentle rain in the English channel all at once in the world?

I don't know much about the Unity engine or how things like this would or even could be done, so I was wondering (hoping) ;) 

• Like 1

re stalbe gun platform:

When you look outside a gunport in bad weather, the horizon will bounce up and down pretty fast. That means your target will be seen for a short time. In stormy weather it required more good luck to hit home in bad weather than beeing an expert gunner (wich helps ofc):P

A huge ship of the line has a long deck/ keel etc. As an effect you will ride the waves for a certain time and the gunner gets a more or less "long" time window in wich his gunport is showing him a target.

The smaller frigate gunner therefore has the smaller ship with a smaller deck/ kiel length. The frigate cannot ride the wave as long as the bigger ship of the line can do and the time window in wich the gunner has a clear sight of the enemy is shorter.

And like the ship of the line is longer than the frigate, the frigate is longer than a corvette, the corvette than the brig etc..

merged: the longer the ship, the more stable is the gun platform.

But this only gives you an advantage in bad weather/ big waves (obviously until the waves reach a certain size).

So you see yourself as an expert gunner then the ships in those times did not have wave stabelizers like some/most do now. In bad weather or storms it was getting close if you where bolt. If not then the fight would be another day. A smal ship rolss big ones do to dont forget that.

can someone does the summary of the development?

what about new features, open world, new ships, and when , or if, will be released?

thanks to all!!

We prefer not to talk about the future and want to do everything we can to lower your expectations.

Also we like playing our game with you and talk to you on forums. It pays greatly - We have so many great ideas from you that we would never come up ourselves and want to get some into fast production. But it takes a toll and we don't have time to build hype - we just give the features to try for the paying user.

Short version of the summary you requested.

Currently we work on

1. improved ballistics (particularly carronades and double shot)
  2. improved damage model
  3. open world sailing prototype connection to infrastructure
  4. new ships
  5. commander tablet
  6. some other minor secret things
  7. creation of new bugs

Some warnings as well.

Three key risks

• Damage model will change the gameplay and will require some rebalancing, but it's needed for long term and it will be final.
  • Infrastructure of OW is untested for mass usage, we are going to suffer together.
  • UI will continue to suck for a while.
  • Like 4

UI will continue to suck for a while.

Really?  I quite like the minimalist approach to the UI.  It could be prettied up and made to look more period appropriate for immersion but I love not having a screen cluttered with stuff.

Love the fact bugs are always part of updates.  Where would we be without them  :D

• Like 1

Really?  I quite like the minimalist approach to the UI.  It could be prettied up and made to look more period appropriate for immersion but I love not having a screen cluttered with stuff.

Love the fact bugs are always part of updates.  Where would we be without them  :D

It is lacking some things and we are not prettying the User Interface (UI) becase adding new elements will require redrawing and rethinking the composition again - once we get all mechanics in we will finalize the UI.