Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

hello.

1. are you aiming for more realistic ship Management regarding the outfitting of the ship before going into the seas? like every ship has a certain space for cargo depending on the ships size and a Player would Need to manage Food, water, shot and and powder, spare parts?

2. are you going to Exchange those "repair kit mechanics" for more realistic mecanics like buying rope, Wood extra sails and Tools in port and have a the amount of available repair being dependent on the amount of parts you bought? possibly further influenced by a master carpenter and the experience Level of the carpenter mates?

thank you very much so far for this incredible game :)

You guys were talking about a new gamemode for the pvp part. the day long mode or something (cant remember exact). will it ever be released? I like the open world but it would be awesome to include your pvp in the open world stuff (like a menu so you can choose what to do).

Can we augment group limit?  6 is like potbs.

Also can we add durability to captured ships? using other ships? like turn the ship into a deed  so you can add durability to captured ships   max 3 dur.  Otherwise captured 1 are tbh useless, you cant sell them on market, and using them are quite useless also since  you risk to lose all, and there is no sense that a ship i got from npc give me 5 dur but 30 captured ship have 1 dur each..

What is wrong with having all ships of 1 durability? Lock the upgrades to the ship and make both ship and upgrade cheaper. Currently 1 dura ships are not very useful because one doesn't want to risk the expensive upgrades in them.

Thats the point - save upgrades for decent ship

Why is it that an AI Commodore can fully crew a 1st rate?

I've noticed that the AI rank doesn't matter except for when capturing ships because the higher their rank the better their ship is. Simple fix would be to either get rid of the rank for AI or have it so that the AI has the correct rank (or higher) to fully crew a ship. I doubt yall will put out under-crewed AI.

Why is it that an AI Commodore can fully crew a 1st rate?

I've noticed that the AI rank doesn't matter except for when capturing ships because the higher their rank the better their ship is. Simple fix would be to either get rid of the rank for AI or have it so that the AI has the correct rank (or higher) to fully crew a ship. I doubt yall will put out under-crewed AI.

I believe it's because AI rank doesn't relate to crew size, but rather to the AI's skill.  Higher rank means they shoot/sail better and whether or not they load double when at close range.