Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

6 hours ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

I'm afraid I disagree. Don't get me wrong I liked to edit the save file as well but they they have clearly stated that it causes more bugs which hinders feedback which is the point of early access testing. Now when the game goes fully live I agree they should unlock it and allow modding but it's just not ready yet

@o Barão

If the pitfalls of modding exists now, wouldn’t it be better to fix them now, as they crop up, to avoid the risk of them getting too hard to fix later.  

You’re proposing a path to go down that no one will be able to come back from. E.g. Naval Action, you used to be able to assemble components of ships to build the final product. Sad sad day when that was removed, NA can never bring it back.

No, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Edited by BuckleUpBones
  • Like 3

Small bug report.

lSPSJYy.jpg

584tons for the 2x12 inch gun. Austria dreadnought hull. 1890 campaign.

FEGalhu.jpg

657tons for the 2x11 inch gun.

8wzRNYf.jpg

530 tons for the 2x10 inch gun.

ISSUE: The 12 inch gun weight doesn't seem right in comparison to the other turrets.

Edited by o Barão

4 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

@o Barão

If the pitfalls of modding exists now, wouldn’t it be better to fix them now, as they crop up, to avoid the risk of them getting too hard to fix later.  

You’re proposing a path to go down that no one will be able to come back from. E.g. Naval Action, you used to be able to assemble components of ships to build the final product. Say say day when that was removed, NA can never bring it back.

No, speak now or forever hold your peace.

As the creator of TTE for WOTS, I will always be an advocate of the idea that modification improves the longevity of a game. Sometimes it completely changes what is possible to do, opening up new possibilities and captivating the interest of players for many years to come.

However, we have to respect the developers decision in this regard. At no time is it said by the developers that it was in their interest to make the game files available to everyone. And they are in that right.

We also have to take into account that an explanation was given, justifying the reason for the change. Who are we to judge the problems they had to analyze bugs reported by players with files changed by themselves?

The only viable thing in this situation, in my opinion, is to continue supporting the developers and asking for the possibility, even if it is limited, to edit game files after the completion of the development and release of the game.

• Like 3

Just now, admiralsnackbar said:

I was expecting in the campaign the ability to continue during peace time, but for example in my 1900 campaign as germany, britain declares war, and then the turn after peace the campaign ends. 

This is a known bug, they've said they will fix it ASAP 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

As the creator of TTE for WOTS, I will always be an advocate of the idea that modification improves the longevity of a game. Sometimes it completely changes what is possible to do, opening up new possibilities and captivating the interest of players for many years to come.

However, we have to respect the developers decision in this regard. At no time is it said by the developers that it was in their interest to make the game files available to everyone. And they are in that right.

We also have to take into account that an explanation was given, justifying the reason for the change. Who are we to judge the problems they had to analyze bugs reported by players with files changed by themselves?

The only viable thing in this situation, in my opinion, is to continue supporting the developers and asking for the possibility, even if it is limited, to edit game files after the completion of the development and release of the game.

The only problem with that is that games seldom reach a completed stage and just as frequent get a "hard" launch. More often than not they remain in this perpetual "early access" development stage until they're eventually abandoned.

A true solution would be to only accept bug reports from the in-game reporting system and to make that system not generate bug reports if any of the game files have been altered. Save files shouldn't matter because you shouldn't be allowed to change anything in them that you couldn't get from playing the game "as intended" anyway. If you can edit save files in such a way that they break the game then that's a development issue anyway and not a modding one.

I have been experiencing a bug where my ships will fire torpedoes in the wrong direction. For example if the enemy ship is located at my 12 o clock the torp will fire but be heading towards my 6 o clock. I have not seen any Ai ships have this problem, only my ships. It seems as if the game is drawing a line where the ship should be aiming but fire in the opposite direction. I know that the torpedoes I am seeing are not missed enemy torpedoes for I get the shooting sound effect and can see the reloading dial start in my info boxes. 

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

They had a FAQ where they said, 'Yes, there will be modding'. Besides that point, I agree with the rest of your words though.

6 hours ago, Grandpa Canuck said:

If you look back in the patch notes you will find this tonnage increase after a certain speed is an implemented thing. All water craft have something called "hull speed". That is the fastest you can go displacing the water around you as you travel. To go over this is very hard to do by just applying more power...so the need for much most engine to gain just 0.1 speed more. The hull design you are using must have a hull speed of 31.9, other hulls will vary but have the same added feature....its not a bug but it is a very good simulation of IRL design.

I wouldn't call it's good simulation nor a good mechanic:

First because it's backward: we're designing ships from scratch, not refitting old hulls. Hull form and other hull parameters being hard coded the way they are is already quite limiting, designers would have figured out an hull for the given parameters and not built a ship to fit whatever hull they had lying around

Second because it would have been better simulated with techs. The power at which to move in water should depend from tonnage, draft, beam and hull tech level. The machinery weight to deliver that power should depend on machinery tech. That way it nicely follows the timeline, instead of leaving gaps wherever developer haven't had time to create a hull with the time correct top speed.

Third because it's even more locking of players options that it's just coded forever in set pieces. I understand that generic hull builder was a dead end due it's complexity, but we don't have any way to influence hull parameters like resistance, stability and now top speed, such is the opposite of what irl designers would do. The fixed hulls I can live with, but a sistem to allocate cost between idk speed, stability, resistance and floatability would be great on top. Maybe with some tech mediated caps, to maintain country flavours. But still, Japan built Yamato and Britain built hood because they wanted to, not because they happened to have a fitting hull design.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

I completely disagree, this is why I rolled back to 1.05 and will only be playing UA:D in offline steam mode and archived 1.05. If modding is locked the best review I ever tell anyone about this game will be the 1.05 state of the game, that's what I'd be telling my friends about, because to me thats the patch that was community friendly.

• Like 1

(!!!Poor English!!!)

Feedback about longer barrel increase gun's range.

In "Custom Battle". the longer barrel correctly increase range.

20220530131322_1.thumb.jpg.eee47b9a2320b1832ef4020bf49401cc.jpg

20220530131610_1.thumb.jpg.a2eb91960ba0509ca8cf1a5fc6510483.jpg

US, 1940, 127mm(5 inch) gun with the same components, the range is correctly increase to about 24.5 km from 16.8 km by 20% longer barrel.(you can see they fire at enemy from 24km)

BUT in the Campign, something is worse...

20220530135048_1.thumb.jpg.e0106ae34c0c7f6142b103c44b4d72af.jpg

20220530125057_1.thumb.jpg.9eeae5d17da534b1beaded1231fa916c.jpg

UK, 1940, 133mm gun(127+6mm) with 20% barrel, the range on the detail is about 23km from 16km.

20220530135056_1.thumb.jpg.adf46ab91952e172ac54507123bba772.jpg

20220530125119_1.thumb.jpg.c81382452c6ff7d32014a94b9652dfee.jpg
102mm (4 inch) gun with 20% barrel, the range on the detail is about 19km from 13km.

But when I into battle...

20220530125157_1.thumb.jpg.bcffcd8aadf79bf9525496d4047bf8ae.jpg

20220530125205_1.thumb.jpg.c2d3ae14e235b3cc7d922d779a5ff8e0.jpg

20220530125405_1.thumb.jpg.442a85032f45d7a51794509f55af962f.jpg

133mm guns only have 18km and 102mm guns have 15.6km(though it increase range a few),even the UI write they have longer range. they shot at enemy when enemy into the green circle.

I don't know is this happening to accuracy or not, because there is to many variable.

sorry about that I can not delete unnecessary pictures at last. may cause this hard to read.

20220530131322_1.jpg

20220530131610_1.jpg

20220530125057_1.jpg

20220530125119_1.jpg

20220530125224_1.jpg

20220530135048_1.jpg

20220530135056_1.jpg

20220530125157_1.jpg

20220530125205_1.jpg

20220530131610_1.jpg

20220530125405_1.jpg

Edited by itolan1752
cannot delete unnecessary pictures at last.

I know, I know, me again...

buuuut...there are still some things. For example: Friendly fire. In several custom battles and one of the very few larger engagements in the campaign, my own forces torpedoed my screening vessels. In the first custom battle, I had a lone of battlecruisers torpedoing two light and one heavy cruiser, severally damaging them. These sailed some two miles away from the BCs and went straight in line, so they did not maneuver into the torpedo salvo or something.

Also, speaking of the larger battle...can someone explain to me how I can create a battle in the campaign?
When I start a campaign, there are several large and lopsided battles. When I win these, only some small enagagements pop up, pitting two or three TBs or DDs against four to six of the same type. Regardless of what I do or where I move the larger fleets. I move adjacent to enemy ports, blocking four of them with four BBs and support....nothing. I spread out over a larger area...nothing. Only when I split my forces into tiny bits, the enemy strikes with superior forces.

I am suspecting that the AI always decided when a battle is joined and as a player, you have absolutely no say in this, regarldess what one does. Can anyone explain, please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkl said:

Nah. It's have no sense since past 32 it's 1t per 0.1 kmh.

z.jpg

From the patch notes:---"Exponential speed limit for hulls: As ships reach a maximum speed barrier depending on the hull technology, then the engine weight needed to achieve a higher speed increases exponentially. Thus it will be much harder to design unrealistically fast ships with old hulls, something that a lot of players abused to make much faster ships than the AI to overwhelm it."  NOTE: see  https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/major-update-v1-05

26 minutes ago, Grandpa Canuck said:

From the patch notes:---"Exponential speed limit for hulls: As ships reach a maximum speed barrier depending on the hull technology, then the engine weight needed to achieve a higher speed increases exponentially. Thus it will be much harder to design unrealistically fast ships with old hulls, something that a lot of players abused to make much faster ships than the AI to overwhelm it."  NOTE:

Yeah, but that's not what's happening anymore... now it's: from 30 kns to 30.9 kns, linear increase in weight, from 30.9-31 kns, extreme increase of 1000+t weight, then from 31-31.9 kns, back to linear and barely noticeable progression.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

They had a FAQ where they said, 'Yes, there will be modding'. Besides that point, I agree with the rest of your words though.

The only reference I could found about this, is in this source.

At 19:18.

"We are considering it"

And the same answer is used about the possibility of adding steam workshop to the game with a new important info.

At 20:15

"...it could be done only after the full release if the game is popular"

So is not an yes. Is a maybe, and if so only after the game is released.

Of course, a game with great modding support would improve the sales for many years, imo. But if is not a commercial success, I also understand from a business point of view, that it is not worth to waste time and resources to the project, and simple move to another game development.

I would prefer a middle ground approach. This is only my two cents about this whole situation.

Implement modding support in the last update in early access, before the game is release.

- The game mechanics would already be finished at this point, so no issues with bug reports, by the players.

- Create a short massive hype around the game just before the game is released, with YouTubers talking about the game is out and ready with FULL modding support.

The best of both worlds? I have no idea, but sounds interesting to me.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, Kane said:

Torpedoes, except now my torpedoes have high dud chances and routinely veer off course.  AI torpedoes veer off-course around 1/8 it seems, but after playing an entire campaign I never had a single AI torpedo that hit me prove to be a dud.

gnLmfRw.jpg

@Nick ThomadisI have been testing the new pitch and roll mechanics and I agree with the changes for the most part. But there are some issues.

The good:

- Balances a lot the player and AI ship designs in combat. This alone is the best thing I can see from the new changes. Now, if I am not careful, it is possible to get in a situation where the AI is better. For the most part, a good well design ship from the player or to make good tactical decisions is enough to get the win, but the AI is now, without any doubt, capable of surprising me sometimes.

- Force the player to build more realistic ships for the hull tonnage. The player still have the option to use big guns or a lot of them, but there is a trade off.

The bad:

- Some small ships start with a crazy pitch value without anything equipped. Torpedo boats, in 1890, start with a base pitch value around 55% as an example. I understand that a small ship, around 200 tons, should be affected much more by the movement in the ocean. But if it is sailing in a flat sea, without waves, should we expect to see the ship go up and down all the time? Some tweaks are needed for the smaller ships, IMO.

- The pitch values are now too sensitive, specially in small ships. Having HUGE values changed by moving one component one small step to the side.

- The color scheme needs a rework, since the new normal, is now changed. Players can be building ships with a 55% value, as an example, and don't understand why is red. My suggestion would be to update the color scheme to represent better what is bad or right. Something like this:

Pitch & roll

0%-33% Green

33%-66% Yellow

66%-100% Red

12 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Homing torpedo's?

Just witnessed a torp fired from behind, passing my ship on a parallel course make a 90 degree turn to hit me amidships. Is this supposed to happen? I think it's not....

torpedos can now turn, they don't home in necessarily but they can sometimes veer off course or veer in a direction more likely to hit the target

19 hours ago, Grandpa Canuck said:

If you look back in the patch notes you will find this tonnage increase after a certain speed is an implemented thing. All water craft have something called "hull speed". That is the fastest you can go displacing the water around you as you travel. To go over this is very hard to do by just applying more power...so the need for much most engine to gain just 0.1 speed more. The hull design you are using must have a hull speed of 31.9, other hulls will vary but have the same added feature....its not a bug but it is a very good simulation of IRL design.

Does the game show me a hull's "hull speed" anywhere in the ship designer? Seems like that would be pretty important information.

Edited by Tréville

Yeah the VP bug is back (at least in places) defeated every British taskforce I encounter (and French) (German 1930 campaign)

and looked and the VP difference is now 

Me 1472  UK 10322

Me 24694  France ~44000

Haven't lost a single fight, not blockaded, sank many ships, have many ships, and my Merchant Marine is over 100%

It makes it very hard to play 

Oddly enough I played a LOONG campaign (3 or so years) and it I didn't notice this.

There is a bug in the refit screen (When you come out of refit something hangs) easy enough to fix by just going back into the designer and coming back out.

You already know the campaign isn't working properly

VERY VERY laggy with big battles (On a STRONG machine) 

So far an excellent addition (It's now WORTH investing in things like the shipyard size and research and building additional capital ships where before, if you were lucky, you could build some capital ships before the game ended) but with the VP bug back it's negating that

I have also noticed where I have battered a ship to 0 structure and it doesn't sink until it floods out.

Edited by jtjohn1