Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 5)

Nick Thomadis

4 hours ago, Dave P. said:

I saw the same thing, along with what appear to be some kind of rollover errors in the Political screen (The German Empire currently has negative GDP, a negative naval budget, and 340,282,300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in the Naval Funds pool.

But my main issue is that the game is hanging in May 1907 with the "Building New Ships" message onscreen. Maybe there are too many ships sitting around mothballed? I don't know. Is there a way I can dump a debug log or something?

Edit: I should point out that it's not a hard hang. The campaign sits there forever (at least 20 minutes, which is as long as I was willing to be patient for) but I can exit out to the main menu, reload the campaign, etc. Tried restarting the game/computer but no dice.

Yep, same issue.

• Like 2

Issues I have seen are:

Moving the camera around is very glitchy now.  It's having a really difficult time moving to the right specifically and when clicking on the ships to go to either the enemy ship or your ship takes forever.

Accuracy is horrible now (Almost unplayable imho) Unless your within point blank range you will run out of ammo before sinking a lot of ships.  I watched multiple times when guns from the same ship encompassed an entire task force or the next salvo from a ship that just scored a hit missed the entire enemy task force (Not the ship.  The Task Force..) I had 5 ships with 12 16" guns each shooting at one battleship from ~20KM and go thru almost their entire ammo supply without sinking the enemy ship.  That's 60 16" guns banging away at one ship.  Accuracy before might have been a bit too accurate but that was balanced by how many shells it took to sink a large ship.  Now?  I just quit out of the game because it was pointless.

Takes forever to go from turn to turn or start up a campaign even with a powerful computer (9th gen Core i7 9750H Nvidia RTX2060 32GB of Ram)

I have encountered a significant problem when playing as Italy in 1890.  Every victory I have the game seems to identify as Austrian victory. For example the victory screen says 4k victory points for me (Sunk 2Bs and 2 CAs while losing 3 TBs) but back on the campaign Austria gets 4k VPs and some prestige, while my own Prestige plummets and my Unrest goes up.

I restarted the campaign as Italy, but in the next battle the same thing happend.

Edited by Diesel

1 hour ago, jtjohn1 said:

Accuracy is horrible now (Almost unplayable imho) Unless your within point blank range you will run out of ammo before sinking a lot of ships.  I watched multiple times when guns from the same ship encompassed an entire task force or the next salvo from a ship that just scored a hit missed the entire enemy task force (Not the ship.  The Task Force..) I had 5 ships with 12 16" guns each shooting at one battleship from ~20KM and go thru almost their entire ammo supply without sinking the enemy ship.  That's 60 16" guns banging away at one ship.  Accuracy before might have been a bit too accurate but that was balanced by how many shells it took to sink a large ship.  Now?  I just quit out of the game because it was pointless.

So the accuracy is now accurate to real life, then. Get better crew training and fire control systems and start moving at your cruising speed instead of at flanking speed. 6 kilometers I have 100% accuracy with Mk 3 16" tripples if I've got a stable enough ship, 75% crew training, and stereoscopic V in 1930. Before 1930 gun accuracy was abysmal outside of where the gunners could fire over open sights.

• Like 1

Pretty serious campaign bug here.
Just finished my first engagement against the French in my 1940's Germany campaign. 1 French BC and 6 CL's sunk for 2 BB's mildly inconvenienced, pretty decent result. Got ~8k victory points out of it, but there's a problem.
tZe77wO.png
Despite the French having very clearly lost that battle, I Didn't Get 8k Victory Points From It.
ijMa4Un.png

The French Got 8k Victory Points.
If this keeps up, in order to win against the French, I would have to lose every battle, which would mean losing the war in general. I'm pretty sure that's not how modern warfare works.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

Just finished my first engagement against the French in my 1940's Germany campaign. 1 French BC and 6 CL's sunk for 2 BB's mildly inconvenienced, pretty decent result. Got ~8k victory points out of it, but there's a problem.
tZe77wO.png
Despite the French having very clearly lost that battle, I Didn't Get 8k Victory Points From It.
ijMa4Un.png

If this keeps up, in order to win against the French, I would have to lose every battle, which would mean losing the war in general. I'm pretty sure that's not how modern warfare works.

now your learning that to beat the french they must be allowed to win

30 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

tZe77wO.png
ijMa4Un.png

I have encountered the same problem against the Austrians as the Italians. With this bug the campaign is pretty much unplayable right now.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:03 PM, SodaBit said:

tZe77wO.png
ijMa4Un.png

I experienced the same issue. German BBs sank a couple of Italian Cruisers and DDs (which in return barley scratched them) - but Germany got 9 VPs and Italy 2k. The same Taskforce later destroyed a British BC with similar results VP-wise. I also noticed heavy losses of my merchant marine in the North Sea. Maybe this is because of focussing on a few (but very modern) ships (6 BBs, 4 CAs, 12 DDs), though they are all active in the North Sea conducting protective missions. Combat occurs very rarely.

Edited by Neonknight_ger

The issue with moving the camera seems to be related to the various menus on the screen.  If the pointer is pointing at something OTHER than open ocean the camera won't move.  If it's pointed at the open ocean then it will move normally (Kind of painful in big battles)

2 hours ago, Urst said:

So the accuracy is now accurate to real life, then. Get better crew training and fire control systems and start moving at your cruising speed instead of at flanking speed. 6 kilometers I have 100% accuracy with Mk 3 16" tripples if I've got a stable enough ship, 75% crew training, and stereoscopic V in 1930. Before 1930 gun accuracy was abysmal outside of where the gunners could fire over open sights.

Accuracy is not accurate to real life.  Triple 16" with the Max level fire control, generation 3 radar and trained crews (1940+ German) do not create a dispersion measured in tens of kilometers (The length of an entire task force of 15+ ships) at 20KM Do they hit every time?  No.   Bismarck hit Hood with her third salvo at 14KM.  West Virginia opened up on Yamashiro at 20KM at night and hit with the first salvo.  Duke of York in the middle of a snowstorm hit Scharnhorst at ~11KM with her first salvo.  These are real life hits.  The fire control at the time could hit out to 15-20KM regularly.  Longest hit on record was Warspite hitting an Italian BB at ~24KMs.  I would expect the first several salvos to be off (Getting closer) but after that they should be getting progressively dialed in.  Not off by 10,000 meters over and over again.

Just my .02 though

I think having task forces too large might be preventing battles from happening, maybe. I had a group of 10 battleship parked outside Germany's western ports for years, sent 3 ships off to guard a shipping lane or something, and the remaining 7 immediately got attacked by 20+ German ships. Those 7 where all French ironclad 3s with 7 11in gun broadsides, it was a turkey shoot lol. From there I made task forces of no more than 3 ships, but never got another fight for 3 more years, so I don't know. 

From what I could tell of the maybe 5 battles I've had over about 15 total years of testing through 5 failed/refit bugged/abandoned campaigns is that 1890 battles are much more fun than before with gunnery that is dramatically more accurate under 2 km, if you know how to build ships that don't sabotage your base accuracy to death. The torpedo/big gun balance of power is about what I thought it was at 1910 gameplay. Not bad for a bunch of gunners bore sighting with no range finders! 

Did torpedo boat ai especially get a buff? I've seen them make very intelligent approach angels, turn hard and drop all but unavoidable tops several times now. Cruisers too, very deliberately entering torp range just long enough to drop one before backing off. Good stuff, almost no pointless running so far. Torp boat durability feels about right, 1 good 5 in hit, a couple of 2 in hits as well, that's usually enough to sink one. Certainly never seen one last more than 15 seconds after a main gun hit. I haven't seen anything I question revolving flooding so far, changes seem good. With the draft slider set as low as possible, many bulkheads seem to function about like standard would on a standard draft ship. That accuracy buff though... 

The mouse is bugged whenever its over any sort of UI element of any kind, be it the green weapon rage radius displays in the water or an informational window that pops up when you mouse over something. This freezes the camera in place until you move your mouse cursor back into an area with no UI. This means you can't move the screen with the mouse at the screen edge, in the ship designer especially, on either side there are UI elements. Arrow keys work, at least. Once you understand what's happening, it's not unplayable thankfully. 

Regarding refit being bugged, for the launch 1.05 patch, you could set up a ship refit in the ship designer, but when you apply it to a ship the ship ended up being equipped with the default minimum equipment. After the patch, when in refit design mode, none of the newly unlocked tech is select able, so even less functional than before. 

Edited by Fangoriously

6 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I didn't know that prior to their all-forward ships, the French (AI) had any all-backwards ships. ^^

grafik.png.f874b2e5420ad9b6c854e3675fb3ba73.png

Cue in the inevitable French retreat jokes.

Reminds me of the japanese owned, french built protected cruiser matsushima, which had a singular chonky 13in gun in a rear facing turret. I kinda like how this ship looks. 

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

Yeah, something is seriously broken with battles now, before 1.05 you easily got 2-3 battles per turn, besides the occassional free turn, and now you rarely get a battle at all.

Well I certainly hope we do not get too many battle. Ship are long to build both for the player and AI.

45 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Well I certainly hope we do not get too many battle. Ship are long to build both for the player and AI.

I disagree. This game is about naval combat. In fact, I think it should be scripted so you're forced to have AT LEAST one battle per turn. If you're not capable to gestion your resources well enough (AKA, your ships), then you rightfully deserve to lose.

I disagree. This game is about naval combat. In fact, I think it should be scripted so you're forced to have AT LEAST one battle per turn. If you're not capable to gestion your resources well enough (AKA, your ships), then you rightfully deserve to lose.

What about having the option of doing at least one battle per turn? If the withdraw or delay would be more likely to work that could enable both.

What nation made you say that btw? As the Austrian I had quite allot of battle, as the french almost none. I think its due to one side being stacked very heavily.

Uh… at one battle per turn, it would take several hours to do any significant progress on the campaign xD