Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 5)

Nick Thomadis

One of the oddest little bugs: If you type in a displacement, the slider is set to the displacement *before any beam or draught modifiers*.

As an example, the AH CA I'm building atm is set to the thinnest beam and draught. I type in 4000. The slider jumps to 3482 because that's where the slider for 4000 tons would be w/o the beam and draught sliders. If I set the beam and draught to maximum, and typing in 4000 becomes 4552, but still in the same position as the slider.

• Like 4

Sorry, game is near unplayable for me atm. 

'XXX has detected torpedeos'
So I double click the ship, by the time the view moves to that ship, torps have already hit it.

Basically game is still working and moving but I can't move my view screen using keys or mouse.

6 minutes ago, Drenzul said:

So I double click the ship, by the time the view moves to that ship, torps have already hit it.

Basically game is still working and moving but I can't move my view screen using keys or mouse.

Are the control settings working for you, to change the keys to the ones you want or simply to reset to default?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drenzul said:

What it is is the camera freezes whenever you mouse over UI. 

Jumping on the back of the ilguisco,  task forces are pretty clunky, it may be planned but I think they should get a overhaul.

Id like a little list of fleets where I can select one and give it a destination, without clicking through the move X screen.  Give each fleet a screen where I can see the fine details, split it up, etc. Somewhat like the ship list we already have.

A home port which you can order all the ships in the fleet to and automating+chained movements would be especially useful.  

The whole process of fleets is much too player involved considering you need to manage the entire navy, and it doesnt even feel that useful because the fights are still down to being basically random.

7 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

What is broken exactly, can you clarify?

Range Finders, Radar, Radio, Sonar, More modern guns, torpedos, torpedo protection, hull protection, larger torpedo mounts, powder or filler. So far the only thing that is working for me is towers. 

I tested by setting Key to 1000 behind relevant techs, they unlock and i can build new ships with them but I can't refit existing ships with them

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 1

Just now, RedParadize said:

I am not sure about him. But with the nation I tested I never seen the refit option available. I finished some tech that I think could have allowed upgrade.

To refit a ship, you have to enter the designer of the design you want to refit, click the wrench, and then make the new refit design.  When thats done, order ships you want to refit back to port.  Then, you can click the ship list refit button and select what ships of the class you want to refit.

I dont know if its actually broken now, but thats the much less straightforward then it should be process, incase that helps anyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

@Nick Thomadis I think he means this:

The save might have been corrupted either by the fix or custom edits, assuming he got to radar tech and the update was offered yesterday night, it is impossible to reach the tech year needed unless he played indeed a lot... anyway a new save might fix this.

1 minute ago, RedParadize said:

how did you got the refit option available?

View a design and press the refit button.

2 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The save might have been corrupted either by the fix or custom edits, assuming he got to radar tech and the update was offered yesterday night, it is impossible to reach the tech year needed unless he played indeed a lot... anyway a new save might fix this.

View a design and press the refit button.

So I edited the Key in save01.json file to test to speed up research speed also it didn't replace my campaign.json file either.

I did try multiple new games to much the same result, it was working before it updated 12:51PM CST, I havn't tried a clean reinstall yet, if no one else is seeing a similar problem I'll try that

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

So I edited the Key in save01.json file to test to speed up research speed also it didn't replace my campaign.json file either.

I did try multiple new games to much the same result, it was working before it updated 12:51PM CST, I havn't tried a clean reinstall yet, if no one else is seeing a similar problem I'll try that

It is very hard to follow actual problems and try to solve them, if players do custom edits and do not mention them. Hope it is something custom and not a bug. I will look to it anyway.

EDIT:

Checked it. There is no problem at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It is very hard to follow actual problems and try to solve them, if players do custom edits and do not mention them. Hope it is something custom and not a bug. I will look to it anyway.

I noticed the issue on a game inprogress, truthfully i played about 12 hours after the beta came out and noticed it broke I wanted to test it by simply changing the save_01 file for Key "aim_rangefinger" and changing the value from 0.95 to 1000.95 no other change. I'm trying a clean install and I have removed all data under appdata\localow\Game Labs aswell

I will tell you I got the game about a week before Beta 1.03 came out and so far have 687.2 hours logged according to steam, I really do enjoy your game

Edited by Candle_86

3 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

I noticed the issue on a game inprogress, truthfully i played about 12 hours after the beta came out and noticed it broke I wanted to test it by simply changing the save_01 file for Key "aim_rangefinger" and changing the value from 0.95 to 1000.95 no other change. I'm trying a clean install and I have removed all data under appdata\localow\Game Labs aswell

Until we finalize the patch, saves can break often, especially if they are custom edited. So please try to doublecheck before reporting serious issues. 

15 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

I am not sure about him. But with the nation I tested I never seen the refit option available. I finished some tech that I think could have allowed upgrade.

You need to open the ship design, then at the top there is a "refit" option. You alter the design as you wish, save it, then select that refit design, select the ships you want to refit (you can use ctrl+click or shift+click to select multiple ships), and hit the button.

• Like 1

Ok no game editing after a clean install deleted all files in appdata and under steam as well, did a full reinstall. 1890 Brittian no changes or edits, default put me 6 months from guncutton so I made that a priority, after learning gun cotton it can not be refit to any ship, just to ensure it wasn't an edit i did

test guncutton no edits.jpg

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 2