Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 5)

Nick Thomadis

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

To build a design of a refit:
SHIP DESIGN => Select the refit design => press the "Refit Ship". This icon is inactive for normal design. It works only for Refit Designs.

Regarding refits. I think this option is too flexible. Why should we be allowed to change beam and draught as part of a refit? That seems too flexible to me. Also Refits should be more gradual, with minor refits (e.g. changing ammo loadout, or range finding equipment) requiring much less effort than a full engine/gun refit. Main gun refits were rather difficult (if not impossible) anyway.

Edited by Tycondero

9 minutes ago, Tycondero said:

Regarding refits. I think this option is too flexible. Why should we be allowed to change beam and draught as part of a refit? That seems too flexible to me. Also Refits should be more gradual, with minor refits (e.g. changing ammo loadout, or range finding equipment) requiring much less effort than a full engine/gun refit. Main gun refits were rather difficult (if not impossible) anyway.

There are cases, historically, where ships were made longer or shorter. I don't know about wider or narrower, but it's possible. Entire superstructures were changed in some cases, such as the Arizona going from her cage-masts to her tripod masts in 1929. There are also cases of armor being added or taken away.

Yes, the more intensive it is the longer and more expensive it should be, but it should also still be less expensive and time-consuming than making an entirely new ship in most cases.

11 minutes ago, Urst said:

There are cases, historically, where ships were made longer or shorter. I don't know about wider or narrower, but it's possible. Entire superstructures were changed in some cases, such as the Arizona going from her cage-masts to her tripod masts in 1929. There are also cases of armor being added or taken away.

Yes, the more intensive it is the longer and more expensive it should be, but it should also still be less expensive and time-consuming than making an entirely new ship in most cases.

Florida, Wyoming, and New York class battleships got new super structures and oil fired boilers, as well as the hulls widened by the attachment of new torpedo blisters 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tycondero said:

As cited here this has happened quite a few times in history.

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Additionally, in order to design the refit your ship, you need to follow this process:
SHIP DESIGN => VIEW => Press the Refit icon (next to "Copy" icon).

SHIP DESIGN => Select the refit design => press the "Refit Ship". This icon is inactive for normal design. It works only for Refit Designs.

Have tried a completely fresh install, no mods to the save file or anything and still can add nothing new in refits only what was available when built, I have however noticed less time between turns and fairly frequent battles 

15 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

Thank you for the reports. We will fix everything but please follow the following advice:
PLEASE STOP EDITING THE SAVES FOR YOUR SHAKE.
You are just causing more bugs and the game becomes extremely unstable. Stop giving more money to you or the AI in an effort to customize your game. The game breaks the way you are doing it.

Additionally, in order to design the refit your ship, you need to follow this process:
SHIP DESIGN => VIEW => Press the Refit icon (next to "Copy" icon).

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: I have had the bug where the GDP of AI go into the negative and their naval budget becomes infinite in completely unmodified campaigns where I definitely did not change the save-file.

Which usually results in the AI building hundreds of ships, and seeing as how destroying a dozen ships at a time does not make their active fleet go down one bit, likely have plenty of mothballed reserves they bring out the moment they lose a ship.

The issue with the Building New Ships freezing up also happened in a completely unmodified campaign.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Looks like the inverted VP bug on the Austrian apply to fight vs any nation. I Beated the British and Italian so hard that I am about to lose:
3Z08r5c.jpg
WOQqSEl.jpg

Indeed. I encountered the same bug. Also prestige seems to go negative rather than positive when playing as at least the Austrians. I haven't tried to play as any of the other new nations yet. 

Something's seriously wrong with the Naval Academy mission "Gun Basics 2".

There you have basically minimum 1890s tech with just a couple of Mark 2 guns thrown in, while the enemy has in essence 1900s tech with better quality armour, longer range torpedoes, rangefinders (that you lack) and so on.

I am very sure this is not how "basics" are supposed to be and certainly not how I remember that mission from the past.

Now I too are suffering from the VP-switch as Austria-Hungary against France in a 1910 campaign, when I didn't before. Though agains the Italians the VP are still handled correctly.

I won a spectacular victory against the French and they got all the VP and then I auto-resolved into a loss in the next battle and I got the VP for it... though also lost one BC.

Edit: Update on the situation. 2 years later in the campaign and now I once again gain proper VP against the French, but the VP switch is now affecting battles with Italian ships. which were fine before. I had the Italians at 27k VP to 500 or so and now we are at 29k to 12k without me having lost any engagements agains them.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

I just tried to refit one of my 1910 battleships (Austria-Hungary 1910 campaign, Battleship 1 hull, 22.5 kt displacement, 330 Mark 3 twin turrets, with medium superimposed barbette II ) but immediately on clicking the wrench symbol, the designer tells me "Too far from previous place" on the rear two turrets (superfiring pair) despite me not having made a single click. If I pick one of the three parts up, I am then unable to place them down again, no matter where, or place any kind of replacement in their spots.

On the BC that I designed along with the BBs, I can more and even replace the turrets with others without the designer complaining.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

Super Excited that you guys are still working on this game.  It's on my top five list.  I have noticed that in the Beta my WASD controls and zooming "stick" and I can't move my camera around very well.  In fact when I zoom by my scroll wheel in the ship builder it seems to sort of move the icons at the bottom up and down just a tiny bit instead.  I can usually unstick the camera after a few minutes of fiddling with my keys but this has caused a lot of frustration and for me to lose ships when I couldn't get to them fast enough.  Please fix this.

the camera lag seems to be that it detaches from the ship if your cursor is on any sort of UI for example if u double click a ship it wont jump to it but if u double click the ship and quickly move the cursor to empty space it jumps straight to it. its weird but manageable atm tbh

If you hit the little ship in a circle top right and turn the gun range display off its alot easier to do, at least until its fixed

Edited by Danz_Von_Luck
more info
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, RedParadize said:

There is a bug with Austria, Victory point and prestige are given to France when you fight vs them and win. I sank almost all the french fleet and I am close to a revolution because of it!

Had this happen too. Had nothing but victories, but victory points are attributed to the French, British and Italians. My Naval prestige is down the toilet and unrest is growing rapidly.

1 hour ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

any idea why my ships are just getting mothballed?

To elaborate a bit on what Stealth17 already said:

If you have too few crew to man the ship at the moment it's completed, it's automatically mothballed. And once that happens, the game will leave it like that until you manually give it crew yourself.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion for everyone don't make a task force of more than say 30 odd ships once u do the list stretches past the top and bottom of the screen - cant move them, scrap them, detach any they will be stuck there forever because u cant reach any of the controls (please, please tell me theres a hotkey to move them or something ive missed lol)

Edited by Danz_Von_Luck

3 hours ago, Admiral Unterhosen said:

Anyone else getting stuck during "updating relationships" phase of campaign turns?

game locks but can be  gotten around by exiting to main menu

I am experiencing just about all the other bugs that have been mentioned...

I nerver had that, though in longer campaigns the Building New Ship keeps locking up for me. Alt+F4 and restart only helped me for some time and didn't anymore, making that campaign impossible to progress.