Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 Final Changelog (News Update)

Nick Thomadis

23 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Plus they could add more turret designs for existing calibers and maybe add weather effects like rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind etc. (visual effects along with codey stuff).

Thunderstorm and St. Elmo's fire, jamming radiosignals. And a nighttime, of course. MACHICOLATIONS!!! SEARCHLIGHTS!!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IronKaputt said:

Thunderstorm and St. Elmo's fire, jamming radiosignals. And a nighttime, of course. MACHICOLATIONS!!! SEARCHLIGHTS!!!

Searchlights yes. Because night reasons and it gives them a purpose instead of looking pretty on a ship. Especially since when you increase displacement in game more is add to the deck.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Searchlights yes. Because night reasons and it gives them a purpose instead of looking pretty clipping through gun barrels on a ship. Especially since when you increase displacement in game more is add to the deck.

FTFY

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:
  • ng but now it is fixed.
  • Turrets will no longer use only two gun barrels for aiming: Previously the triple turrets (and now the new quad guns) fired only a dual salvo per turret for bracketing salvoes (something that was commonly conceived as a bug). Now al

Yaay!

2 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

I do hope they add weather effects, would love some North sea and Arctic seabattles.

Some polar lights would be great addition indeed.

EZ6kHznWoAUezbt.jpg

Also some ice floes won't hurt - at least for the sence of speed.

Dunno that to put in southern waters thought - maybe some random fishing boats 😁

fishing boat yamato.jpg

Edited by IronKaputt
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, IronKaputt said:

Some polar lights would be great addition indeed.

EZ6kHznWoAUezbt.jpg

Also some ice floes won't hurt - at least for the sence of speed.

Dunno that to put in southern waters thought - maybe some random fishing boats 😁

fishing boat yamato.jpg

In the south.. how about.. aurora australis? The southren lights?

Aurora Borealis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen?

Yes!

May I see it?

No. 

• Like 6

Just had a thought. With the improvements to formations, will we also see improved targeting logic, or more options in targeting? Historically it was standard practice for each ship to concentrate on its opposite number in the battle line, in order to facilitate spotting and ensure no enemy ship was able to aim and fire without disruption. At present, there is very little control over individual ships' targeting when in formation, and we often find ships impractically concentrating their fire or shifting targets unnecessarily. I therefore nearly always separate my ships with follow commands in order to maintain control.

My ideal solution would be threefold :

1. Targeting preferences for a formation as a whole: Target In-Line (default), Target Lead, Target Rear and Free Targeting (what we have now.)
  2. Individual targeting overrides for each ship when in formation.
  3. For even better control, the option to targeting by calibre for both formations and ships, not by an arbitrary 'primary/secondary' division. For instance, 8" and 2" secondaries should not both be aiming at torpedo boats. Failing that, the addition of a 'tertiary' category (2"-4") for small calibre weapons on large ships.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

Whats all this about Warthunder? From what I have seen about WT ship combat it is just another (brainless) shooter where you score multiple hits with first salvo. Although graphics and ship models are excellent it's just not it!

No.

In case of Warships like Destroyers or Cruisers you need to shoot at certain areas otherwise you will basically do no damage.

Sure you don't need to aim for certain parts of the ship, you can just aim at the middle part and hope that you will either burn him down by hitting his fuel tanks and engine or kill the crew members but this will take you a while especially when shooting at anything bigger than a Destroyer.

It is always the best way to aim at enemy turrets and bellow them to either knock the turrets out or hit the ammunition storage.

56 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

No.

In case of Warships like Destroyers or Cruisers you need to shoot at certain areas otherwise you will basically do no damage.

Sure you don't need to aim for certain parts of the ship, you can just aim at the middle part and hope that you will either burn him down by hitting his fuel tanks and engine or kill the crew members but this will take you a while especially when shooting at anything bigger than a Destroyer.

It is always the best way to aim at enemy turrets and bellow them to either knock the turrets out or hit the ammunition storage.

I don't think targeting individual components was even remotely possible in dreadnought era unless at point blank range. As I said WT ship combat is a cadual shooter game and not a naval simulator.

WT is upgraded MMO version of Battlefield 1942 which is not bad. But it is not realistic naval sim.

27 minutes ago, Mutsu said:

Glad to see it will be here, of course its on Monday when I'll be at school but I'll take it

I am "lucky". Every single school (excluding elementary school) are closed in Hungary. My University was closed because many teacher and student caught this virus. So everything is online at the moment. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

I am "lucky". Every single school (excluding elementary school) are closed in Hungary. My University was closed because many teacher and student caught this virus. So everything is online at the moment. 

Whole Visegrád can relate.

• Like 2