Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 Final Changelog (News Update)

Nick Thomadis

14 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Ok I'm about to do something incredibly retarded. I'm going to create WOWS Izumo in Space Engineers. Wish me luck.

Izumo why are u so Bad - General Game Discussion - World of Warships  official forum

Personaly, I love that ship. Most of the time, I only use the two front turrets. The guns are quite accurate and the AP is very hard hitting.

• Like 2

Just now, CapnAvont1015 said:

WAY better than the old one though. Woo boy that was bad.

She definitely needed those buffs. She was the weakest T9 battleship back than. But nowadays she is a beast, at least for me. Lot of people says that she is very ugly. But I love weird ships, she is unique with this look. Only the AA is terrible, T6 ships has better lol 

• Like 2

I keep thinking about playing WoWS again, despite the thick layer of encrusted salt, but then I don't. Mostly because I was god awful at it, and because the last time I spent any real, uh, well, time in it was during open beta. 

I wish I had a boat game I was excited to play. This patch will be interesting, but I won't be losing my mind over it. I'm still waiting for more predreadnought era warships. Devs, if you're real and you're reading this will there ever be functional echelon turrets? Will there ever be more 1900s and earlier hulls? Will the USS Maine or the predreadnought battleship Pelayo ever be buildable? I'd actually really love if the spanish single gun dome turrets (well, technically armored barbettes but let's not get into that discussion) we're made available. 

1024px-Vizcaya_cruiser_wreck_1898_LOC_cp

Edited by Fishyfish
because bloop
  • Like 5

I agree, after this modern patch, I hope we will receive nice pre dreadnought hulls and turret designs. Also echelon is a must.

And I realy hope that we will see some ironclads too. Especially the Caio Duilio class because, she had 450 mm guns. 450!!! 450!!!4!!4!

1605390081-caio-duilio.jpg

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 5

Just now, Marshall99 said:

I agree, after this modern patch, I hope we will receive nice pre dreadnought hulls and turret designs. Also echelon is a must.

And I realy hope that we will see some ironclads too. Especially the Caio Duilio class because, she had 450 mm guns. 450!!! 450!!!4!!4!

If I'm not mistaken the Caio Duilio and her sister the Enrico Dandolo which has a really fun name to say carried the largest naval artillery by diameter of the 19th century, and by weight until surpassed by 15in guns of the superdreadnought era. Those guns are British 100 ton Armstrong guns which the brits themselves only used as coastal artillery to counter the CD and ED in the med. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

If I'm not mistaken the Caio Duilio and her sister the Enrico Dandolo which has a really fun name to say carried the largest naval artillery by diameter of the 19th century, and by weight until surpassed by 15in guns of the superdreadnought era. Those guns are British 100 ton Armstrong guns which the brits themselves only used as coastal artillery to counter the CD and ED in the med. 

I personally preferred the name of the other similar class to the Caio Duilio, the Conte Di Cavour, love that name lol

Edited by Bluishdoor76

Oh and don't forget that those odd (for me nice) looking french pre-dreadnoughts were built from 1889-

1605437160-t9shgzc4e5751.jpg

So technically they have to be part of the game. 

So as I sad earlier, please make pre-dreadnoughts great again!

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Oh and don't forget that those odd (for me nice) looking french pre-dreadnoughts were built from 1889-

Oh my God. I  forgot how weird these hotels on water looked. 

4 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Hey its the Carnot, what a pretty battleship. Don't judge her she just thinks shes an apartment block.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Hehe Hotel Boat go Zoom

On 11/14/2020 at 1:25 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

Revamped “Screen” command: ....around the center of a single division... covering all flanks with less amount of ships.

I hope there’s an option for screening ships to screen on the side of the fleet that would put themselves between capital ships and the enemy, automictically that is.

Or at least manual option of starboard and port side formation…

EX1jFdL.png

Also while in formation and to the enemy side, are smokescreens effective?

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 6

Speaking of all these frog battleships, I do very much look forward to building something akin to the Normandie Class. It's got that delightfully goofy french warship aspect to it, and quad turrets. I wonder if any of the new french hulls will allow building something like. I'm hoping for at least something with the wacky casemate grin it has below the bow turret. 

54d8a8afdf72059bb72f31177ebbd016.png 

• Like 7

On 11/14/2020 at 11:02 PM, SonicB said:

Just had a thought. With the improvements to formations, will we also see improved targeting logic, or more options in targeting? Historically it was standard practice for each ship to concentrate on its opposite number in the battle line, in order to facilitate spotting and ensure no enemy ship was able to aim and fire without disruption. At present, there is very little control over individual ships' targeting when in formation, and we often find ships impractically concentrating their fire or shifting targets unnecessarily. I therefore nearly always separate my ships with follow commands in order to maintain control.

My ideal solution would be threefold :

1. Targeting preferences for a formation as a whole: Target In-Line (default), Target Lead, Target Rear and Free Targeting (what we have now.)
  2. Individual targeting overrides for each ship when in formation.
  3. For even better control, the option to targeting by calibre for both formations and ships, not by an arbitrary 'primary/secondary' division. For instance, 8" and 2" secondaries should not both be aiming at torpedo boats. Failing that, the addition of a 'tertiary' category (2"-4") for small calibre weapons on large ships.

Raised all of this a few times over the past 12 months.

At the very least I wanted some option to turn off auto targetting entirely. If that means some of my ships aren't firing because I haven't given them instructions, that's on my head.

It drives me nuts when I get forced to go through targetting and building up the "target locked" bonus simply because my idiot ship decided to fire the main guns at something that is no threat whatsoever. Yet there is nothing I can do to stop it. Common game design question to ask is "how important is this function, and how happy/unhappy will players be if they can't automate/can't turn off automation?". I'd suggest there's little that's more important in a naval battle than being able to issue fire orders to your ships; we KNOW that was done historically, and, as you said, there was a common doctrine anyway. Automation is fine. Not being able to turn it off is NOT.

Sure, it's Alpha, so maybe they can get to it at some point.

Edited by Steeltrap
  • Like 1