Game-Labs Forum

POLL: Should global, help and battles chats be removed?

In your opinion - Should Global chat be removed?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion - Should Global chat be removed?

2. 2. In your opinion - Should Battle chat be removed?

3. 3. In your opinion - Should Help chat be removed?

We have some players support the removal of all three. Others support the removal on one or two and others want to see all of them go.
I'm just curious what the player base thinks about it. Cheers

Edited by Koltes

I voted yes to all three, Global chat because it is where a lot of toxicity goes on although it is easy to avoid by not monitoring that channel. Battle chat because it is where I have experienced the most abuse especially when solo raiding and catching a juicy unarmed trader, there was no way to switch this off. Help chat because if that was still available then it would just become the new Global chat. Maybe Help chat could be individual for each nation.

The global chat could hide, the help chat also ... and in the battle you could ignore players (?) ... I never did it because I concentrated on sailing.
I think the development here has gone in a completely wrong direction.
... away from communication in the community ...
... no help for newcomers ...
... no fair gesture to the opponent after a good fight ....  
... still no alliance or diplomatic system

Fortunately, you can change that again ... right?

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

I voted yes to all three, Global chat because it is where a lot of toxicity goes on although it is easy to avoid by not monitoring that channel. Battle chat because it is where I have experienced the most abuse especially when solo raiding and catching a juicy unarmed trader, there was no way to switch this off. Help chat because if that was still available then it would just become the new Global chat. Maybe Help chat could be individual for each nation.

Global you can turn off, just like I did. I also cant see the need for it.
So Battle chat wouldnt bother you if you would have been able to switch it off too?
Help chat nation based is a great idea by the way

I think all chats should have stayed in place. I found global chat annoying, so I had it switched it off most of the time. But anyway, I think it's bad to remove communication channels for everyone, just because a few idiot do not know how to behave. In-game moderators could have fixed most cases more efficiently than forum tribunal imho. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stilgar said:

With all due respect, what will this prove? That people who like hanging around on forums also like chatting in game?

Sorry man, I dont understand the question.

What will prove what? 

Removing the global chat, it injures the trade in a game, which in itself, is already punishable by the trade by keeping full pvp everywhere. The NA's "trade" is right now, a single player experience (you make your travels to make money for yourself and to buy things in your own faction, which hurts small nations more (of course) than the big ones with greater access to more players. In this point, the last changes can kill NA, even if in the rest of things, they have improved the game itself.

19 hours ago, Karpfanger said:

Fortunately, you can change that again ... right?

Citizens are not always correct. If you polled citizens in the medieval times most would vote for dropping dead bodies in the drinking wells and believed that sun rotated around the earth. Polls are based on the status quo not on what is right or good for the game. 

Removal of global, battle and help chat solves multiple problems including forcing players to actually talk to their nation. Talking to your nation builds stronger nations.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Citizens are not always correct. If you polled citizens in the medieval times most would vote for dropping dead bodies in the drinking wells and believed that sun rotated around the earth. Polls are based on the status quo not on what is right or good for the game. 

Removal of global, battle and help chat solves multiple problems including forcing players to actually talk to their nation. Talking to your nation builds stronger nations.

That only one can speak for nation chat, will not contribute to anything, those who use double accounts, not for legitimate purposes (legitimate such as enjoying the game in facets that but, is impossible for them in their nation, that welcomes are), but with illegitimate ends like to spy on other nations, they will continue to do so (nothing solved). Nations with many players will be enhanced because their nation chat gives them access to greater trading capabilities than those with fewer players are denied. Moreover, the unfair distributions of the new timbers (really good timbers) hurt some nations over others. of the nations "fixed" USA has 2 or 3, Holland has 2, Denmark has 2 others, France has 2 or 3, England 3 or 4... almost all of them drop into their capital or nearby territories. But by the design of the developers, Spain, curiously, does not have any (the same thing happens to pirates, although I understand that they are as a faction thinking of a game that deals with one or two previous centuries, not the one that is framed the game, in which piracy is already extinct, but that the developers themselves are afraid to take it away so as not to lose players, in which piracy is already extinct, but that the developers themselves are afraid to take it away so as not to lose players, , they would not feel comfortable in any other).) And please remove that by creating a character that Spain is an "easy" faction that could be if the Caribbean kept the original nations and possessions but with some nations that has nothing to do with the Caribbean and that never had it, besides being in the middle of one of the most conflicted areas and if it were little with the relatively remote cities with each other , sounds like a joke. Please update that now.

Removing those chats solve nothing, moreover, without them, and without being able to see the player or clan of the player sailing, you can't even try to punish actions of a clan against a faction, rather than having to punish the entire faction, or apologise to a player for attacking him when he has nothing against his clan. Put at least the possibility that each clan has a flag and that it appears in the image of the ship where you see the "enemy player", as a minor evil.

I really like the step you took in the last patch, but honestly, you've screwed up the channels. Unless your goal is to make nations more playable that are now in fact great in the game by number of players and more insufferable and difficult for those who are not. What's more, you can put the whole Caribbean as Russian if you like it better and let clans within one faction fight each other and leave the other factions alone.

And letting there be clan struggles within a faction, I mean it, at least in those that aren't part of a centralized power, such as pirates who were never properly neither a faction nor a nation. In nations with central powers (the rest) it might have to be in exchange for a bunch of doubloons for a statement for a limited time, such as a week or a few days.

I never went on the global "zoo": too toxic, "clipped, crapped, cropped" feature (But I like Spitfire Mk.Vb). Can be removed imo

Help... May be could be kept on, if and only if kept free of "global" whiners. There is a thread on "guides", please pm in game, I always answer.

Battle chat: Maybe the one which I miss most, with only some players. I used it from times to times, to inform "new" players, that I will not sink them, going away just before the last broaside, making just training fights for them, without loss. Many can confirm (But when I see experienced reaction, flags or so on, I know it's just an alt to be sunk). In another hand, I was so often insulted in the battle chat... But I will miss some "o7", "gf", "hf". Even not answered.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

I never went on the global "zoo": too toxic, "clipped, crapped, cropped" feature (But I like Spitfire Mk.Vb). Can be removed imo

Help... May be could be kept on, if and only if kept free of "global" whiners. There is a thread on "guides", please pm in game, I always answer.

Battle chat: Maybe the one which I miss most, with only some players. I used it from times to times, to inform "new" players, that I will not sink them, going away just before the last broaside, making just training fights for them, without loss. Many can confirm (But when I see experienced reaction, flags or so on, I know it's just an alt to be sunk). In another hand, I was so often insulted in the battle chat... But I will miss some "o7", "gf", "hf". Even not answered.

Same opinion here.

Global Chat: I was one who strongly opposed the removal of Global Chat. But what I see now is it has minimal effect on the gameplay——for those who still miss the global chart please come to the tavern of La Tortue and chat with your old friends and enemies there. It the unofficial new global chat now. And it is great!😎

Help Chat: Many new players do need help. And Help chat was never toxic. I still believe that 99.9 percent of players in the game are self disciplined enough to not to spill their toxicity to the Help Chat.... Maybe I am wrong... But why not give a try, if it does become toxic, then remove it... 

But I would say the best help chat is your amazing user guide. I would strongly encourage @admin to incorporate it into the game. Or at least create a link to direct players straight into that guide (as well as Netifly Naval Action). Actually not many players who play Naval Action have heard of the Aquila’s user guide. Those who frequently visit the forum are a very small minority of the entire player base of Naval Action.

Battle Chat: it’s absolutely necessary. In certain pvp battles we need to communicate with and advise our enemies... And I miss 07 salutes😟

On 8/25/2020 at 9:47 AM, admin said:

-better not speak to your enemy (strange behavior what i see as something like How nice that you board me into the ground, to the bottom of the ocean , really awesome. )
-and help can be found in your own nation :P
-it also prevents misclick on your battle screen , and does not get stuck in the chat section, which again prevents steering errors . and of course unnecessary aggression from dull players who wish everything and everyone the worst things. which in turn takes the necessary extra development time

Edited by Thonys

4 hours ago, admin said:

So is it acceptable that payers dont write to you in battle chat but instead send you PMs full of hate?
Does it mean that PM will also go?
Interesting fact is - you are removing chats so trolls wont affect my gameplay. BUT they ARE affecting my gameplay BECAUSE you are removing chats that I need.

Global can go - no real purpose there.

Help should be national like a nation chat. Its good to keep it as some players are too shy to ask in Nation.

Battle chat is the most important of all to keep. Just make it so that you cant see what ignored players typing there. Thats is all. We need the ability to talk to the enemy. Its the PART of PVP. We must ask and answer questions. We must talk and discuss ransoms. We must (sometimes) to explain our actions so others dont get fueled and lose temper. At the end of the day its just nice to receive GG

Edited by Koltes
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Koltes said:

Battle chat is the most important of all to keep. Just make it so that you cant see what ignored players typing there. Thats is all. We need the ability to talk to the enemy. Its the PART of PVP. We must ask and answer questions. We must talk and discuss ransoms. We must (sometimes) to explain our actions so others dont get fueled and lose temper. At the end of the day its just nice to receive GG

yep....

Battle chat is usually fun. And if I end up with a trolling asshole I just close it and go my business. But without battle chat I'll miss the banter and some good conversations I had from time to time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

People who think global chat should be deleted cannot close the global chat tab.

Perhaps they lack the ability to do this. And this is a very big problem with the usability of the user interface.

:D

considering its slightly gameplay related with the global chat toxicity and trolling etc, its equivalent to say that if you dont like the repair system and want to limit it to max 3 repairs, just dont use more repairs. Besides the game IMO "feels" larger now considering you cant speak to people from other factions, and there are more talking in nation chat.

Edited by You

2 minutes ago, You said:

considering its slightly gameplay related with the global chat toxicity and trolling etc, its equivalent to say that if you dont like the repair system and want to limit it to max 3 repairs, just dont use more repairs. Besides the game IMO "feels" larger now considering you cant speak to people from other factions, and there are more talking in nation chat.

It's not equivalent.

There are close and ignore buttons in chat UI. Why users do not use this functional and prefere spam in tribunal topic?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, admin said:

"If you were heading out on a journey by sea, asks Socrates, who would you ideally want deciding who was in charge of the vessel? Just anyone or people educated in the rules and demands of seafaring? The latter of course, says Adeimantus, so why then, responds Socrates, do we keep thinking that any old person should be fit to judge who should be a ruler of a country?"

The problem with democracy is that the majority are uninformed. Medieval people believing the earth was the center of the universe was lack of knowledge. Medieval people dropping dead bodies into wells is a lack of understanding of science and hygiene.

Everyone knows how the chat works. Everyone knows the pros and cons since we use it. I mean no offence but your statement is simply wrong since we do understand what we are voting. 

When it comes to combat mechanics I would agree with you however. You are a better sailor than most so your opinion is more valid since you understand sailing. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2