Game-Labs Forum

Plans for Reputation and Sailing changes

admin

6 minutes ago, admin said:

yes to both
They are PVP neutral not pve neutral. You can sink them and they can defend themselves. But they cannot initiate attack.

Hm. Then I don't understand the benefit of having positive karma towards a nation.

If I have positive karma towards nation A, but still get attacked by players and HDFs of that nation, what is the benefit, apart from being allowed into port? 

Or did I miss something? 

1 hour ago, van Veen said:

Hm. Then I don't understand the benefit of having positive karma towards a nation.

If I have positive karma towards nation A, but still get attacked by players and HDFs of that nation, what is the benefit, apart from being allowed into port? 

Or did I miss something? 

No you didn't miss anything:

There are no added benefits to being 'Positive' other than being able to enter that nation's port and craft there. (But that's a pretty big benefit imo).

Being Standard is exactly as it is now on the PvP server.

Being Negative excludes you from being able to enter a battle on the side of that nation AND prevents you from entering that nation's Port at all, in ANY ship, even a trader*

(* admin used word 'potentially' here, I am not sure what was meant by that)

On 7/23/2020 at 11:37 AM, admin said:

Map will have a button allowing player to reset his reputation to positive by paying a very large sum of doubloons

@admin Multiple buttons (and cost) for each nation? or a single button (cost) to reset to positive for ALL nations?

On 7/23/2020 at 11:37 AM, admin said:

3 reputation levels will be shown on map

again, am I right in assuming this will show reputation level for each individual nation?

eg.

Great Britain (S)

Sweden (P)

Russia (N)

....and so on

3 hours ago, admin said:

Port bonuses will work for neutrals. We are removing the choice from the clan options.
So the bonuses will only work for clan allies and All neutrals. Nobody else.

Allies means friends list or the entire nation? Does this mean that friends list is going and everyone from the same nation will get access to port bonuses?

16 minutes ago, Henry Long Castle said:

Will LGV Refit still be able to enter any port on the map?

No. If you have negative karma to a nation you won't be able to enter that nation's port even in a trader (LGV refit). Standard and Positive you can.

Yes it will. You only get negative if you join against nation under a false flag. You can still attack players (that only gives you standard karma with them) and so you can still then go into their port to repair etc. It is ONLY if you join against that nation under a false flag that you would be negative and thus be locked out.

Edited by Hullabaloo

Imagine you are Pirate and you are in LGV refit and you sail up the Florida coast. At the moment you are positive to US (you have never attacked a US player). You can dock at any port in ANY ship you can even build buildings and craft ships and you would even get the Port Bonuses for that Port.

You see a US trader, you tag him and sink him. So now your relations are Standard. You can still enter the US ports in a trader (and LGV refit) but not now in a warship. You cant craft anymore or build any buildings in US ports. You can attack as many US players as you like and maintain this til the end of time.

Then, let's say you sail past and you see a battle Russia v US. You join the Russian side. Now you are Negative with US and you would NOT be able to enter the US ports even in a trader (LGV refit). If you saw another battle Russia v US the option to join US side would not now be open to you. If you wanted to enter US ports ever again you would need to pay the doubloon cost to reset your status.

Edited by Hullabaloo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

Port bonuses will work for neutrals. We are removing the choice from the clan options. (...) So the bonuses will only work for clan allies and All neutrals. Nobody else.

So Neutral captains ( other nations ) have access to Port Bonus but same nation captains do not ( except if they are on the Clan friends list).

Feels really weird and hard to digest.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

No you didn't miss anything:

There are no added benefits to being 'Positive' other than being able to enter that nation's port and craft there. (But that's a pretty big benefit imo).

Being Standard is exactly as it is now on the PvP server.

Being Negative excludes you from being able to enter a battle on the side of that nation AND prevents you from entering that nation's Port at all, in ANY ship, even a trader*

(* admin used word 'potentially' here, I am not sure what was meant by that)

5 hours ago, admin said:

yes to both
They are PVP neutral not pve neutral. You can sink them and they can defend themselves. But they cannot initiate attack.

This is really weird then. If I have a positive karma towards a nation, then I still get attacked, but I cannot attack it myself? That is nonsense. It should be the other way round to make some sense. I am friendly, so I can‘t be attacked. But I could attack myself and thus lose my positive karma. That would make sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, van Veen said:

This is really weird then. If I have a positive karma towards a nation, then I still get attacked, but I cannot attack it myself? That is nonsense. It should be the other way round to make some sense. I am friendly, so I can‘t be attacked. But I could attack myself and thus lose my positive karma. That would make sense. 

you can attack but you lose the positive karma that you have with this faction. Only port battles and join a battle in your facion as defense side are allowed to remain this karma status. If you attack a player your karma became normal with that faction. NPCs dont count, only players.

It's not designed to make sense (unfortunately). It's only designed to reduce false flag exploits

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

So Neutral captains ( other nations ) have access to Port Bonus but same nation captains do not ( except if they are on the Clan friends list).

and this not only doesn't make sense it is totally bizarre! I have never understood dev insistence on depriving solo/small clan players from getting Port Bonuses. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

and this not only doesn't make sense it is totally bizarre! I have never understood dev insistence on depriving solo/small clan players from getting Port Bonuses. 

totally agree

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I have never understood dev insistence on depriving solo/small clan players from getting Port Bonuses. 

It is easy to understand when all Conquest is clan driven and ports managed by clans for clans.

But now we have Neutrals factor into play, that can bypass the clan management.

51 minutes ago, van Veen said:

Is actually the other way around and it does makes sense. Karma is not for protection. Karma is for declaration of intention.

Edited by Hethwill

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

It is easy to understand when all Conquest is clan driven and ports managed by clans for clans.

But now we have Neutrals factor into play, that can bypass the clan management.

What about compensate pb clan owners with rare woods? 

Maybe  a note where they have to choose what woods forest ( 2? ) to build in the town and they only have access to that or friend list.

In this way we could have:

solo player: pb e normal woods..maybe if is good seasoned woods

clan: shipyard with pb, normal woods and with a team work seasoned woods to to pvp rvr

clan rvr: they own  forest have all the woods  could lead the production of rare woods into the nation.

i think that could be fair?

1 hour ago, Despe said:

you can attack but you lose the positive karma that you have with this faction. Only port battles and join a battle in your facion as defense side are allowed to remain this karma status. If you attack a player your karma became normal with that faction. NPCs dont count, only players.

Admin said a friendly player cannot initiate a battle. 

I'm really looking forward to this update. I think the effects of Karma will be interesting (and potentially unpredictable) and the new sail and wind "physics" plus new national port artwork will be welcome additions to gameplay and immersion respectively.

I requested customised artwork for ports a long time ago so I'm glad to see it finally making it into the game:

Edited by Commodore Sixty Four
  • Like 1