Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Raiders on War Server

• Raiders attack undeveloped ports again on the War Server. Raiders pick 2 poorest ports in 2 random regions and try to take them back from players

I am hello kittying speechless. You removed the raids cause nobody liked the useless PVE, the only good thing about them is that they were ONLY for the three biggest nations. Now, you added them back. Not only giving us MORE forced PVE that we don't want, after two patches in a row where you added necessity to do HDF to improve a port and to do a single port battle. You even added them and ANY NATION can get them. Russia that basically has half the playerbase got no raids, while Denmark which is a little nation got one. I constantly ask for incentives to join small nations, you just gave one more reason for casual players to join Russia.

I don't know what to say actually... thanks for providing us more reasons to quit the game. Now we all have proof. You want to kill it. All times we ask for things and you say "Not gonna be added if it's not voted in the right section by most players". Now you keep adding stuff we don't clearly want and it's just annoying your playerbase. What do you think you'll achieve by telling your raiders to attack ports in two random regions? The only one I can think of is lowering the server population even more. Thanks.

• Like 17

42 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix 2nd July 2020

Raiders on War Server

• Raiders attack undeveloped ports again on the War Server. Raiders pick 2 poorest ports in 2 random regions and try to take them back from players

Seriously.... now we have to put hello kittying timers for 5000 million reals on every bloody port.

At this point why bother playing...

• Like 3

Hi @admin would you mind expanding on the reasons for bringing back AI port battles? I believe you've said here community decision and popularity will influence future patch changes.  I think the opinion of the community on AI PBs on the War server is an overwhelming "F*CK NO". 

So why are they back?

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Knuddel said:

seriusly? I mean realy seriusly? U want to harm small nations right?

Puerto Escondido and Port-de-Paix one of the least profitable ports and owner of them is Russian Empire.

[source]

Least profitable ports
Port Revenue
Green Cay -255200
Cabo Cañaveral -255101
La Guanaja -254619
Fort-Dauphin -254400
Port Howe -254000
Deadman's Cay -254000
La Anguila -254000
Puerto Escondido -254000
Port-de-Paix -254000
Aguadilla -254000

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Hi @admin would you mind expanding on the reasons for bringing back AI port battles? I believe you've said here community decision and popularity will influence future patch changes.  I think the opinion of the community on AI PBs on the War server is an overwhelming "F*CK NO". 

So why are they back?

Because clearly we weren't having enough port battles causing stagnation on the map.

Maybe they need to have the flag battles now spawn a port raid, then we have to fight the AI in a port raid and capture the indiaman to get a new flag, which we then have to sail back to our port to redeem and get a battle totem. Then sail up and place the battle totem on the port by destroying the fort in a battle and then sailing onto the docks. Then we might have less stagnation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, qw569😳 said:

Puerto Escondido and Port-de-Paix one of the least profitable ports and owner of them is Russian Empire.

[source]

Least profitable ports
Port Revenue
Green Cay -255200
Cabo Cañaveral -255101
La Guanaja -254619
Fort-Dauphin -254400
Port Howe -254000
Deadman's Cay -254000
La Anguila -254000
Puerto Escondido -254000
Port-de-Paix -254000
Aguadilla -254000

Well, pitty, it's not those ports, that got raided today, then.

So, that idea here is to make NPC raid the border ports, which don't generate income, but have timers set on those, motivating clans to remove timers, so that those ports didn't end up on the "least profitable port list"?

17 minutes ago, Christendom said:

So why are they back?

We need to wash out poor ports that are neglected by clans to give other nations a chance to take them for themselves from neutrals.

Previous raider attack to richest ports was a fake feature because nobody would attack Nassau if Russia lost it because of potential consequences. But undeveloped (least developed) ports  - nobody care about them, so smaller nations will have a chance to take them from neutrals if they are not defended.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Previous raider attack to richest ports was a fake feature because nobody would attack Nassau if Russia lost it because of potential consequences. But poor ports  - nobody care about them, so smaller nations will have a chance to take them from neutrals if they are not defended.

Also the front lines system prevented some nations from attacking nassau.  As the front lines system will prevent nations from taking some of these lesser ports that you're talking about.  AI raiders will need to adhere to the front lines system for this to be effective.  Losing a random port in the gulf will mean nothing if no one can actually take it.  This is assuming AI will ignore front lines of course.

To use the AI battle at Santanillas for example.  Why would sweden bother?  No one else could pull the port.  

8fc5d84661c0e3a37554a9967ed8aa6a.png
https://gyazo.com/8fc5d84661c0e3a37554a9967ed8aa6a

Personally I think a smarter soluation would be to attack ports haven't changed hands in a long time.  Would allow dead/inactive clans to drop ports.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, admin said:

We need to wash out poor ports that are neglected by clans to give other nations a chance to take them for themselves from neutrals.

Previous raider attack to richest ports was a fake feature because nobody would attack Nassau if Russia lost it because of potential consequences. But undeveloped (least developed) ports  - nobody care about them, so smaller nations will have a chance to take them from neutrals if they are not defended.

Yeah that's one way to temporarily fix the issue...These clans and people are going to continue switching nations or holding the nation at hostage. You can't do anything without a clan and you can't create a clan large enough to do your own RvR... The system itself is flawed 😕

Edited by Lord Gud

47 minutes ago, admin said:

image.png.04b41fbce1a98b337b39c9de3fc26fb8.png

We took it a month ago, and RVR was disabled a day or 2 later..... such Neglect....

This will ONLY result in frontline ports being raided, because timers are MANDATORY if we don't want to have to defend our port from enemy nations at hello kittying 2am.....

Timer = -250k money = poorest port = Raid

Or ports in bum-hello kittying nowhere that noone can reasonably attack so noone cares enough to put a timer...

Like seriously, do you even think these things through?

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Smarter solution would be to attack ports haven't changed hands in a long time.  Would allow dead/inactive clans to drop ports.  

I agree completely. This would address all issues together:
1- it shakes up things and avoids map getting stagnant
2- it reduces the pressure on small nations and clans which often do experience frequent port changes
3- it increases the pressure on all those ports which no one can attack, and which large nations can simply lay back and enjoy, currently with zero risk.
4- will give reasons for clans to focus on defense of certain areas which are away from front lines

I think overall it is a good idea to introduce some noise into the map, but the implementation of attacking the poorest port, based on the assumption that clans are not interested on that port, is likely to hurt smaller nation, yet again. I really think  @admin should reconsider the conditions that should trigger a raid. Do keep in mind that possibly the greatest threat to the sustainability of the game is everyone playing in the zerg nation. This is likely to encourage it.

@admin  Your desire to give ports to smaller nations is commendable, in fact the game absolutely needs mechanics that balance the strength of nations. But you don't listen to your players, I don't like rediii but his proposal on corruption was liked by many, as well as mine on the civil war, but no we have to go back to the PBs against the AIs that nobody likes!  Frankly, I don't understand what players' ideas are for if you're not interested.  However your  game, your choices and your consequences, but don't complain if the reviews suck.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Personally I think a smarter soluation would be to attack ports haven't changed hands in a long time.  Would allow dead/inactive clans to drop ports.  

This suggestion would be counter productive as some of the ports that have not changed hands in a long while are the good safe ports that are worth investing in. It would not be worth investing a lot in a port that is likely to be captured by players or AI.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This suggestion would be counter productive as some of the ports that have not changed hands in a long while are the good safe ports that are worth investing in. It would not be worth investing a lot in a port that is likely to be captured by players or AI.

so defend it?  I fail to see the problem.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

We all know how that went last time there were AI attacks, it was basically RNG as to whether you could win or not.

Wasn't RNG at all. If you went in with a valid strategy, they were quite manageable. AFAIK, not 1 port fell whilst AI raids were on PvP last time - or if there were any, can't have been often as I don't remember them.

51 minutes ago, admin said:

Do you want to know what you really should wash out?

• Like 1

Anyway, Nassau won't be attacked anymore.

The implicit good news here is that only ports on which a timer was added by owner will be in the "Possible Raid List". At least, the battle will be planned in a time window when players are present.

Edited by Aquillas

1 hour ago, Isaac J Smith said:

Wasn't RNG at all. If you went in with a valid strategy, they were quite manageable. AFAIK, not 1 port fell whilst AI raids were on PvP last time - or if there were any, can't have been often as I don't remember them.

Belize was lost to the raiders because the Southern group although they joined at the furthest edge of the circle had the AI directly upwind of them and so by the time they could engage, the AI were close to the circle and were able to build enough points even though none of the transports got to the circle. Okay, there was outside interference from the Swedes that prevented the Northern group from engaging in numbers, but the battle would still probably have been lost in the South as the AI racks up points very quickly in the circle.