Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Timber. Shipbuilding, Conquest flag testing.

admin

3 hours ago, Vitasalato said:

That's cheper that what it would have costed in doubs. 300 reals x 9k in PvP, 1000 reals x 9k in PvP PvE.

It's a good change.

Except pvp reward are dubs not reals. And you cant sell those dubs for those prices anymore since 90% of their use no longer exists, which cause the demand for them and price to tank to the a minimum. 

2 minutes ago, Never said:

Except pvp reward are dubs not reals. And you cant sell those dubs for those prices anymore since 90% of their use no longer exists, which cause the demand for them and price to tank to the a minimum. 

they could just remove pvp medals and use doubloons again for those pvp items^^

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Is it possible to get all the new stats for woods (like repair time) visible in game? it's not really very that practical if we always have to be referring to an excel sheet. Specially for new players, or players that don't even read the forums. It's important to have all the info easily available. 

• Like 2

I am presently in a battle against a flag holder. 

I see him, on the horizon. I am reading a book, he is watching a serial at the TV… He has no gun. Impressive battle. 🤥

Death circle are necessary, without them, tests are useless.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

Perhaps make the flag very heavy so the holder can't run away very easily in a tiny sloop? Making separate flag for shallow/deep ports. 
Or maybe if you join the instance of the flag holder, you could spawn near his position regardless of how far he has sailed? 

Perhaps, replace the flag by invasion troops, to be moved in one or several traders. The port attackers has to move the troops on ground (2500 tons of soldiers and Equipment), then survive in his main ship with the HQ.

Edited by Aquillas

1 hour ago, Never said:

Perhaps make the flag very heavy so the holder can't run away very easily in a tiny sloop? Making separate flag for shallow/deep ports. 
Or maybe if you join the instance of the flag holder, you could spawn near his position regardless of how far he has sailed? 

There will be nowhere to run next week. Circle of death will stop players from running. Right now we just want flags to be placed en masse to see the stability and exceptions for the feature.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

@admin

Malabar Teak is still Trading Good not Resource, so you can't put a contract for buying or selling it.
That should be fixed

8 hours ago, admin said:

Contracts can be camped, creating abnormal price pressure on the good. Goods without contracts can be bought if you are in port when they dropped.
New woods qualify as trading goods currently, until we see the need to change. 

5 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

You can contract them.

contract.jpg

Please fix to not allow these woods to be contract camped.  As of right now there’s very little incentive to sail to enemy ports to acquire resources because they are all contract camped.  As a smaller nation captain, I don’t have access to many resources needed for mods because I’m not in a high population nation.  I’m also not allowed to set contracts for resources in ports My nation doesn’t control.  My solution has been to roll alts and line up with the rest of them, but that’s not a good solution to the issue.  End resource contracts and then we’ll have people sailing to enemy ports, through hostile territory, creating pvp content, which is what a pvp server needs.

1 hour ago, admin said:

There will be nowhere to run next week. Circle of death will stop players from running. Right now we just want flags to be placed en masse to see the stability and exceptions for the feature.

I have a request, would you be willing to keep the 10 weight? Gunboat has finally a purpose.

1 hour ago, admin said:

@adminbut the circle must be little or like patrol zone (reducing during time). a privateer can kite easily everyone (even other privateer) for more than 30min.

big problem: new woods are still listed as tradind goods so people can again unbalance the game in favor of the most powerful player already in game. remove them from trading goods and remove them from fixed port spawn. make them random all over the map, every day a new port and new quantity (i suggest no more than 200 a day of each new wood).

i think we will need a new ship, ports ,resources wipe to play again an equal terms instead the actual situation where new players can do nothing vs every single vets/player of most powerful nation.

21 minutes ago, Cpt Van Der Hemel said:

I did all three missions, while going to the port I deleted the clan I created for this. After I got into the port the mission disappeared from my journal.

Why you would you do that? Hostility missions are tied to clans. 🤦‍♂️

@admin

Would it at least possible to convert our notes ships (especially those from the Diana event) and maybe also the redeemable ships to another wood types from the selection for them? Into those with the same RNG characteristics
Maybe all those which did not had required any materials.

As someone who played this event intensely to get some more or less decent RNG-rolls on these ships, i feel a bit betrayed by this patch.

... i don't even begin to talk about the rest of the fleet, the collected woods, the port investments and production buildings for woods

Edited by Holm Hansen

Hey admin. I know most of us know this but you might want to be a little more clear on players needing to take the mission first. Before they set the flag. I did this because my missions was full and needed to finish one of them first, and was not wanting to get rid of the others. Cause as of now you can set the flag without the mission. Which becomes a waste of time. I know we are testing this. But would be pain if this was to happen next week. Unless this is just for the test reward. Thanks.

Edited by Robert Lance

13 hours ago, admin said:

Contracts can be camped, creating abnormal price pressure on the good. Goods without contracts can be bought if you are in port when they dropped.

There seems to be a mix, some new woods are trade goods and others are resources. Is this intentional?

There is an issue with the stats of Locust and Live Oak. @admin you mentioned you would try to keep the values of the old woods in a similar position in relation to the other woods. But Locust seems to have taken the stats of Live Oak. Because Live Oak used to provide the highest thickness, which is now given to Locust (Caguairan).

But you can buy Locust logs at some ports for very low prices, but Live Oak on the other hand requires you build an expensive forest and another expensive building to harvest it. The old version of Live Oak had the highest thickness but with the trade off being extremely slow. Locust on the other hand doesn't have that same negative impact on speed; it has much higher thickness than Live Oak while also being much faster. Live Oak has some other new attributes but not nearly enough to make it useful when compared to Locust. 

My suggestion is to switch the thickness/repair stats between Live Oak and Locust. Keeping Locust faster and easier to repair than Live Oak and thicker than most other woods but Live Oak as the slower and harder wood. 

Another issue I found is that the difference in stats of normal woods and their seasoned counter parts seem to have gotten smaller. Seasoned wood is 10 times more expensive in the game economy but difference between the two seems barely noticeable. If that will stay as it is, would it not make sense to make it easier to obtain seasoned wood? It is still far too difficult and time consuming. I would request to just make it a lot easier and faster to season the logs using the seasoning shed, production is far too complicated and slow. Also maybe if you could consider increasing the amount obtained from wooden chests. 

Last thing; Malabar teak is dropping as a trade good while all the other new woods are dropping as regular resources. Making Malabar teak dropping is much lesser amounts; making it extremely hard to get enough to craft ships with it. 

Edited by Never

34 minutes ago, Never said:

Last thing; Malabar teak is dropping as a trade good while all the other new woods are dropping as regular resources. Making Malabar teak dropping is much lesser amounts; making it extremely hard to get enough to craft ships with it. 

That was pointed to @admin already and he answered the following:

10 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

I have a request, would you be willing to keep the 10 weight? Gunboat has finally a purpose.

I noticed the 10 weight only comes into play if you want to move the item. Which i agree with you, they maybe should be heavier but then to acquire them in the future you will need to transport the Home Defense Fleet chests and find the flags inside... that's how i interpret the mechanics.

Once you get the Conquest mission and you become the flagship:

- flag ship is slower, way slower

- cannot use wind boost

- no teleport between outpost

- flag carrier status does not disappear until the timer has run out ( no relog, etc will work )

Tests complete, thanks to my mates.

Edited by Hethwill