Game-Labs Forum

Pay to Win DLC

55 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

nope... I stopped playing after the wood arrived, my clan stopped being active in RvR [but I was still playing even after that] when it became obvious that RvR wasn't an option during our prime time due to a lack of enemy willing to fight but that's another story...

You became the evening zerg with multiple clans flocking to the VP flag.  There were 3 opponents for you to attack durning our primetime.  You wiped one out within the first week of playing, allied with the other one and then threated the crafting port of your third option a month in.  Then you got out maneuvered.  You reap what you sow.  Enjoy the retirement.  

Your clan was in hibernation when the seasoned woods were introduced and to produce them it is a clan effort.  Or have 25 alts.  Your ability, or lack of ability to attain them is a self made problem.  I don't think anyone on these boards can call me a cheerleader of the dear @admin, but whining about permits and seasoned woods being difficult to attain and killing the game while in fact pop numbers are high and holding.....is just lazy bullshit.  Go back to griefing noobs in DOTA with kingy.  

---

In regards to the DLC P2W thing, the easiest solution would be to exclude "imported" ships from port battles and then provide the DLC buyers the option to redeem the ship in any kind of wood (and not be able to bring it inside a port battle) or redeem the permit and craft it so that it can.  This would help regulate the imbalance of those who craft their ships vs simply redeeming them and jumping into RVR.    

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

In regards to the DLC P2W thing, the easiest solution would be to exclude "imported" ships from port battles and then provide the DLC buyers the option to redeem the ship in any kind of wood (and not be able to bring it inside a port battle) or redeem the permit and craft it so that it can.  This would help regulate the imbalance of those who craft their ships vs simply redeeming them and jumping into RVR.    

A simple and logical solution. Let us hope it is considered.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

provide the DLC buyers the option to redeem the ship in any kind of wood (and not be able to bring it inside a port battle) or redeem the permit and craft it so that it can.

sounds good to me. However, I don't like the port battle limitation. Any ship should be useable for whatever without artificial limitations. 

10 hours ago, admin said:

First rate Imported ship is coming!

Please don't do this... It can be exploited in many ways:

- Screening in those ships would reduce economy aspect of rvr

- breaking up those ships would give tons of special woods

- fireship suicide screening will probably increase again

You can sell this dlc as a reskin, eg a component needed to craft a beautiful ship. I would buy it. I don't want to have an advantage of redeeming a 1st rate daily though, for free, in a wood setup I want. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mouth of Sauron said:

Isn't one supposed to grow wiser and more forgiving with age?  How's that amnesty coming that was supposed to hit at release.

asking for a friend

I hear banhammer prison is cold this time of the year.. I should know :)

But tbf, let all have their accounts back the tempers have cooled and we've learned to live with the status qou ante.. .and the game, despite the privateer fleets, port bonus' and seasoned woods, is in a healthier state than it has been for a long, long time..

4 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

You're never going to get anywhere spouting logic and common sense like that!  It would even add more traders into OW as the RVR clans gathered resources for the required crafting.

• Like 3

Just now, vazco said:

Please don't do this... It can be exploited in many ways:

- Screening in those ships would reduce economy aspect of rvr CLAN BOCAR screen in 1st rate capped ships, there's no econ aspect to the screening part of RvR

- breaking up those ships would give tons of special woods Way easier to farm privateer fleets from Pasaje, oh... wait.... right...

- fireship suicide screening will probably increase again We've tested it, and it's effect is neglible if the opponent know how to manual sail - getting killed by a fireship? - git gud

You can sell this dlc as a reskin, eg a component needed to craft a beautiful ship. I would buy it. I don't want to have an advantage of redeeming a 1st rate daily though, for free, in a wood setup I want. 

4 minutes ago, van Veen said:

sounds good to me. However, I don't like the port battle limitation. Any ship should be useable for whatever without artificial limitations. 

Well there's 2 camps right.  DLCs are P2W and ruin RVR....and DLCs are great for the game and increase RVR.  Both are correct in their own way.  Redeming DLC ships with seasoned wood and randomized port bonuses and using them in port battles is essentially P2W.  But it also increases participation in those battles.  How a can we achieve a balance?  

Redeemable ships with seasoned wood for OW and screening opportunities.  Redeemable permits that can be crafted for RVR purposes.  I'm a firm believer in anything that enters a port battle needs to be a crafted ship, mainly for logistical and attrition issues.

Edited by Mouth of Sauron
  • Like 3

Такой вопрос, я не против ДЛС особенно если это краски фигуры и декорации, но если это корабли 1-3 ранг то многие игроки часто на них воюют, отсюда игроку у которого нету ДЛС нужно построить аналогичный корабль который требует пермит достать именно этот пермит трудно мне из 20 сундуков не выпал Implacable. И даже если он у меня будет Redutable все строят из S дерева. 

пожалуйста уберите пермиты, или возможность строить ДЛС корабли из С дерева. Или дайте возможность захватывать ДЛС корабли, в них тоже ставят хорошие пушки и улучшения я хотел бы иметь возможность забрать это но из за массовых ДЛС остается только топить это не так интересно.   

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Such a question, I’m not against DLS, especially if it’s paints of a figure and scenery, but if these are rank 1-3 ships, then many players often fight on them, hence a player who doesn’t have DLS needs to build a similar ship that requires perm, it’s difficult to get this permit Implacable did not drop out of 20 chests. And even if I have it Redutable everyone builds from S tree.  please remove permits, or the ability to build DLS ships from a tree. Or give the opportunity to capture DLS ships, they also put good guns and improvements, I would like to be able to pick it up, but because of the massive DLS, it remains only to sink it is not so interesting

• Like 3

Раньше ДЛС корабли продвигали низкие и средние ранги это делало битвы разнообразными, а с нынешней тенденцией люди будут ходить на ДЛС кораблях которые нельзя захватить и забрать пушки и которое построены из лучшего дерева. Сделайте ДЛС на фрегаты пусть их будет больше. Введите Диану, Санту Сицилию как ДЛС это не так ударит по балансу. Раньше я был готов рисковать что бы на Конституции захватить Буцентавр но сейчас вместо Буцентавра чаще будет Редутейбл и тут я рисковать своим кораблем не хочу риск не оправдан. Но несмотря на все я купил почти все ДЛС но я бы не хотел видеть ДЛС 1-3 ранг. 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Previously, DLS ships promoted low and medium ranks, this made the battles diverse, and with the current trend, people will go to DLS ships that cannot be captured and cannons are picked up and which are built of the best wood. Make DLS on frigates let them be more. Enter Diana, Santa Sicily as a DLS; this will not hit the balance so much. Previously, I was ready to take risks to capture the Butacaurus in the Constitution, but now instead of the Butsaurus there will be Redutable more often and then I risk my ship I don’t want the risk is not justified. But despite everything, I bought almost all DLS, but I would not want to see DLS 1-3 rank. 

• Like 1

Big ship dlc seems like p2w as it always comes with S wood, you can not craft normal S wood ships everyday. Now calculate how much resource, money, time needed to craft a full S wood normal Victory. It will be unbalanced. 

If admin did not even invent S woods, all would be more acceptable. But at current stage, it is not. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Big ship dlc seems like p2w as it always comes with S wood, you can not craft normal S wood ships everyday. Now calculate how much resource, money, time needed to craft a full S wood normal Victory. It will be unbalanced.

Random port bonuses though.  A proper port bonused 1st rate without S wood is still superior to a S wood redeemable with crap port bonuses.  But yes, you could get lucky..

• Like 1

If it hadn't been for the aged woods in the game, there wouldn't have been so many complaints about DLS ships. Because Kraft ships with port bonuses would be better than DLS ships.
DLS ships (provided there is no matured forest in the game) would have the advantage in the uniqueness of the ship and the ability to make it once a day without effort.
It turns out that all you have to do is remove the aged forests from the game and everything will be fine. It's possible. 
Well, unless the Crafters who invested in the production of aged woods get hurt badly. 
It's an interesting "stalemate" situation.

Sorry, translated with translator.

• Like 1

"I am not sure why this conversation even started, as we already mentioned couple of months before. 
First rate Imported ship is coming!"

I am not sure what you mean....DO YOU MEAN = Why am I wasting my time because you have already made up your mind?  Well I thought that maybe if I could get a discussion going now that you would see the inherent folly with DLC 1st.- 3rd rate. See not only the pros but also the cons of what it will do to your game. Now I know that anything can be changed and reversed with time and patience. However there is nothing wrong with council, but then again if you have already pulled the trigger, then this can still serve a purpose. You are showing transparency and forming better relationship with your community. SO please don't think this is a waste of your time. I appreciate that you would speak with us about our concerns, unfounded or founded.

"It will be an old style HMS Victory with proper bow figure and stern balconies that will 

Bring more PVP
Bring more RVR
Fund new ships and new content.
And save time for people who have kids and families
And it will win against snows, frigates, 3rd rates and 140 gun santisimas
And it will sink to snows, frigates, 3rd rates and stronger ships. 
And it will be beautiful. "

I have to admit, Victory is a compelling  ship. I know i want it. I am sure it will be breathtaking to behold once it comes out. I am sure it will be a masterpiece!

With that being said... 

it's going to have a huge impact on the crafting side of your game, it will beg the question of why should I even bother with it at all? [at least the ship crafting]

It's going to pervade every part of your PvP and RvR. There will be fleets of these ships running around probably / possibly. Who will withstand such things?

What will we do when a fleet of these monsters are attacking our crafting ports every time the vulnerability timer tics zero? What will we do when we have screening fleets filled with these?  What will we do when these things patrol our home shores and attack our nations navy?

Well I guess we will all buy one and shut our mouths and be happy right?

Edited by phantomswake

Just now, AeRoTR said:

@Angus MacDuff I have many good port bonus dlc ships, golden, purple ones. When you redeem everyday, you break the shit for S wood, keep the better ones. 

As do I.  But it takes time to do that, and I was addressing the complaint that you get a perfect ship every day.  We both know that it takes a lot of luck to get what you want. 

Everyone Redoutable was such a success, admin was very happy as it made it to steam top sellers. 

Why not keep repeating this success with more big DLC ships. He is a bussinessman, will care for players only when he is profiting. 

Now we need to pray so that he does not invent dlc gold cannons, which has more penetration and dps. 

1 hour ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

You became the evening zerg with multiple clans flocking to the VP flag.  There were 3 opponents for you to attack durning our primetime.  You wiped one out within the first week of playing, allied with the other one and then threated the crafting port of your third option a month in.  Then you got out manevured.  You reap what you sow.  Enjoy the retirement. 

... Once more Christen Mouth of Sauron you generalize... I'm not representing WO... I'm Louis Garneray a player giving his own opinion.

I have said it multiple time I don't like the RNG wall for the permits non-dlc ships. I know I won't get any seasoned wood anytime soon so that I don't really care.

Edited by Louis Garneray