Game-Labs Forum

Leopard Release Date

1 hour ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Are we sure we will get that? it must be a ship of the Line. Pretty sure admin have said there will not be any SoL premium ships. Ore is it still only a 4 rate?

Redoutable should be a non-premium 3rd rate SOL.

Thought i read something about that ship comming into the game anytime soon!?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

3 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Proberbly right. Just me jumped the gun, because it was in the same thread as The Leopard.

3 rate is not (never) going to be a DLC (earlier statement from admin... or there is a mind shift on this subject .) 

leopard seems to be sitting in the middle of the 4 rate

Edited by Thonys

20 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

That this sentence...

...is surprising (especially as she's a 24-pdr frigate) 🙂

I know how you favor the French classification system, but the British rated the Portland class including the Leopard as 4th rate ships of the line. She has 2 gun decks which also distinguished her from a frigate.

https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=636

This design is different from later 50 gun 4th rates built in response to the US 44s like HMS Leander.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

I know how you favor the French classification system, but the British rated the Portland class including the Leopard as 4th rate ships of the line. She has 2 gun decks which also distinguished her from a frigate.

https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=636

This design is different from later 50 gun 4th rates built in response to the US 44s like HMS Leander.

I do thank you for all these precious pieces of info 🙂

btw I don't "favor the French classification". It is just the only one I know (a bit). Moreover, iirc I favored a NA classification based on the currently in-game British system (90%) tinged with a bit of a classification based on pdr (10 %), especially for missions :

1. 7th-rates,
  2. the 6-th rates that carried 6-pdr guns,
  3. 9-pdr ships, including :
    1. the 6th-rates that carried 9-pdr
    2. and the 9-pdr frigates that are classified as 5th-rates in NA but were 6th-rates IRL
  4. 5th-rates (from the 12-pdr frigates up to...)
  5. 4th-rates,
  6. etc.

I wouldn't call that a bias towards the French classification. But I must admit that I might have been a bit sarcastic with ppl brandishing the historic British system as the Holy Grail for the game.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Waiting for the HMS Leopard release after she was announced is like waiting the whole year for Christmas :(

She always had my votes during the ship polls.

...as the 1,7% then 3% of the voters who voted for her ? You're a lucky one!

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 5:20 AM, Thonys said:

3 rate is not (never) going to be a DLC (earlier statement from admin... or there is a mind shift on this subject .) 

Pretty sure Admin has already mentioned 2 new ships will be DLC and 1 will be non-DLC. Also fairly sure 2 new ships will be 3rd rates and the Leopard, a 4th rate, so that 'should' mean 1 new 3rd rate has to be DLC. Either Implacable or Redoutable has to be DLC, unless they haven't mentioned some other ship that would be the other DLC. 

Edited by Never