Game-Labs Forum

any changes in fire shock mechanics?

Despe

13 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Putting them into crew shock when they're on fire is nowhere near as effective as it used to be, that I know.

I see today and yesterday 2 fire shock and between the shock and the explosion, in both cases, there only were few seconds, like 5 seconds i think, or less. In my case i was seeing the enemy ship, i see the moment when the ship put on shock and it explodes before my finger touch f10 key, without shooting. My mates say the same in their cases. LOL

If you keep shooting a ship that is currently on fire, it is probable that by shooting, it's going to go boom faster. I've done some fleet hunting today with my clan and we exploded a few 1st rates, but the reason why they exploded was because we kept shooting at them, even tho they were on fire. When you shoot at them, you're killing crew (which prevents them from putting out the fire) and you have a chance to hit the module again, that will inflict even more damage to the already damaged ship. If it reaches fire shock, the ideal is to flee the area and brace to reduce impact.

If you can see that the ship caught on fire, you can simply keep your distance and avoid getting in the radius of the explosion. I can't think of why would they increase the explosion time, it is ideal to explode if you hit a powder hold/magazine, it should instantly go boom, but the radius shouldn't be too big or insanely damagable to be up close, since the explosion wouldn't take off your masts from a 50m radius, that's unrealistic. The explosion would destroy the ship instantly, making it sink faster, but the explosion itself wouldn't deal too much damage for whoever is close to it. Ships are not that sensitive, they can take an impact like that. It would probably rock the ship, planks would fly off, could hit crew, could put holes on your ship, but not sink you with it. 

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

As I understand it, the magazine is just a hit box  located somewhere in/on the ship. You can light the ship on fire just about anywhere, and the fire spreads from that location. When the fire reaches the magazine the ship explodes. So if you light a fire close to the magazine, it explodes faster than if you light a fire that is far away. It's sort of luck based at the moment, because we are not given diagrams of where this stuff is. It'd be neat if the devs would give us such a diagram, so we can either aim for or aim away from the magazine/pumps, etc. It would add a whole new level of depth/skill. 

Zl8saijl.png011-1024x640.jpg

P.S. everyone seems to board everything these days, if you don't want to get exploded maybe try to sink ships by shooting them.

• Like 1

no ...no changes.

If you keep shooting a ship that is on fire, it is probable that by shooting, it's going to go kaboom  faster.(fireshock)

if you don't want it to explode ....well ...Don't shoot at it....... but most people don't pay attention at the warning.. Fireshock 

they all think it is nothing to bother about...and just keep pulling the trigger and fire away like crazy monkeys..... and suddenly see the heavens and ask themselves if the game has frozen ....because they are floating to the eternal hunting grounds. and all call it.....its a bug...its a bug...

for me .... it looks like a huge explosion with a lot of fun... :)

actually.... we need more explosion (grafical)... smoke (higher and speedout smoke)... and much more flames    lol

Edited by Thonys

I suspect (and I stress the word suspect here) that the amount of incoming damage is very important in that regard.

Continously shooting a burning ship with single shots or from small ships with light broadsides in my experience has little effect.
On the other Hand a SoL's full broadside traveling through the hull will spread the fire rapidly and result in a fire shock quickly. The best example for this was me in a Bucentaure shooting broadside of double shot at less than 10m range into a Santissima that was put on fire 2 seconds earlier without me noticing. Every shot went in, over the full length of the ship. Instant explosion, me at 22 crew limping away, Greg's 3rd rate devoid of all life and several masts suddenly gone :D

I once exploded on a Victory without really fireshocking beforehand by receiving a well aimed ster
n rake from a Santi.

Going into crew shock only keeps your crew from getting into survival mode and makes those already assigned stop working. What makes you fireshock so quickly is probably the splinter damage from getting raked spreading the fire through your hull. Imagin someone blowing a ton of sawdust (or flour for that matter :P ) through a burning fire.

10 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

As I understand it, the magazine is just a hit box  located somewhere in/on the ship. You can light the ship on fire just about anywhere, and the fire spreads from that location. When the fire reaches the magazine the ship explodes. So if you light a fire close to the magazine, it explodes faster than if you light a fire that is far away. It's sort of luck based at the moment, because we are not given diagrams of where this stuff is. It'd be neat if the devs would give us such a diagram, so we can either aim for or aim away from the magazine/pumps, etc. It would add a whole new level of depth/skill. 

Zl8saijl.png011-1024x640.jpg

P.S. everyone seems to board everything these days, if you don't want to get exploded maybe try to sink ships by shooting them.

I have no idea about shipbuilding but I think that it might be located somewhere on the back of the ships!

Edited by Captain2Strong

Depends.

Majority of frigates will have one at the main mast. SOLs have several, at least 2. One will be main mast, aft or fore of it, and another under water line, aft or fore.

Every gun has gunpowder. If a ship has no guns it cannot explode.

When you see "fire shock" it really means it. Fire out of control, so anything can happen, even a chain reaction that ignite the gunpowder main stores.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Depends.

Majority of frigates will have one at the main mast. SOLs have several, at least 2. One will be main mast, aft or fore of it, and another under water line, aft or fore.

Every gun has gunpowder. If a ship has no guns it cannot explode.

When you see "fire shock" it really means it. Fire out of control, so anything can happen, even a chain reaction that ignite the gunpowder main stores.

So you're saying if you don't have guns you can't fire ship? I don't think that is accurate

• Like 1