Game-Labs Forum

The Evidence of Cheating Can't Possibly Be More Obvious

21 minutes ago, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

Yup - 11:00pm - 2:00am for me :)

That's why we don't take the port, and that's the largest problem with this situation.

WOAW your are such a poon. you cant stay up till 11pm. you can even start the hostility at 10:30. and just be sure you leave at 11 after the timer opens.....

just admit that yall know you cant set the pb cuz we will kill you. both in the hostility mission and in the pb. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

It would not be 11.  If we set the PB in our average 45m-hour then we must stay awake for a further hour and 45 for the port battle... landing us at around 1:30.  This is not viable for myself and many others, as we do not want to ruin our sleep for the sake of a game and most attend school or work full time.  

Continue telling us we're too afraid to fight... it's not going to make us stay up far into the morning for your sakes.

I just told you how to make it at 11 on the dot. pay attention. 

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

Capture.JPG.1860003fcfe7129fbe8c4f6550665289.JPG

Yep, most of us have school, day jobs, companies, and families to worry about. I'm sure you're familiar with these responsibilities. Thus the most likely time that we are all able to get on without one of these things popping up is between 10 PM - 1 AM. 

Also you may want to look in to Savannah before you try to call us out for timer dodging. Anyone getting up at 8 AM to flip a port? 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Msk said:

its only a 2 port jump from shroud before we can pull for Ays, and with it being surprises that is alot of guys favorite little boat (not mine) so who knows could be new and exciting times.

Yes it will be interesting times ahead after the release and full wipe.  

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

WOAW your are such a poon. you cant stay up till 11pm. you can even start the hostility at 10:30. and just be sure you leave at 11 after the timer opens.....

just admit that yall know you cant set the pb cuz we will kill you. both in the hostility mission and in the pb. 

Is "we" France or France & Pirates?  Just curious there Kingzy  🙂

If you recall when you guys ran hostilities over the weekend we stopped you and sank most of your ships.  Granted it is tough with ai on one side, but we both have it going either way, if we take hostilities on your port.  Sometimes you can run hostilities when the enemy is not available.   That helps.  Either way it is tough to run hostilities nation versus nation, mano mano, when one side has ai. 

Also, there is a lot of bravo going on in this thread and folks talking smack but others whining, but it is interesting to note that these very same folks find the need to fight two nation versus one.   🙂 .   Furthermore, some of these same folks took steps to not be stuck over in the Antilles or around MT, and i do not blame them as they want content.  As to we, wanting to tool around a clean coast for a few weeks (for the first time in like 2 years) , so i to do blame those US players nor myself, we all want content that we desire. 

Most of the players on WO and VCO on our coast are great players, including yourself.  (cap tipped).  But it would be fun to see things nation v nation.  

You guys gave us a good go in the last PB (cap tipped again), but if the Pirates were not waiting for us outside the dock, we could of come out and had a better wind to choose from at the start of the battle and given you a better go than we did, I am not saying we would take more ships than you of us, but we might of gotten a few more of your ships and perhaps lost a few less of ours. 

Either way it is all good, fun fighting when we can and even more when one side can take out another when they are not always are able to do so.  🙂

Edited by Yehoodi

21 hours ago, admin said:

There is no violation of rules legacy mechanics. Please avoid calling something you do not like or something that does not yet properly work cheating. 

Hostility generation will be improved but it will take time. Wipe will happen as well. There is no point to boil with emotions on this issue today. 

Oh, so it is ok to take advantage of the legacy mechanics, or other exploits we find cause, admin is to busy to get loop holes the first time, and ad more content before fixing the content with current loop hole. So VCO continues to pull this shit, which I believe has been 3 or 4 times in the past. So if they can do it and admin turns a blind eye to this kind of activity. Then I say have at it people.

Cause admin apparently does not give a crap about it. If admin is not willing to see the problems they are accepting and creating by this behavior. Then the game is going to be dead on arrival, when released. New people will join for about the first months, then see the the crap being done by us. Because by then we can all pull this shit to. Of course then admin can turn a blind eye to us then as well. But the new people will be pissed at us, with getting away with this. Oh it will happen people believe it. Just look at the track record we have going from the past. The new people will leave the game, but the only ones left in the game are those that need the exploits to make them think they are somehow better than everyone else. 

So get out there people and exploit the hell out of this game, because we can. Do not worry about admin. VCO has already proven that there is not repercussions in doing this. Just have fun with the exploits and experience doing it. Cause this is the message we are getting from admin. 

Enjoy people

• Like 1

I am a little confused by something with what VCO has been claiming. VCO has stated that the battle to take Saint Marys was for testing purposes. With that in mind I am curious about a few points.

Did VCO have prior knowledge that the map was going to be wiped right after they took those hostility missions? This would have to have been true if they were in fact testing the new frontline mechanics and testing to see if there was a way to bypass it. If they did not know about the wipe and proceeded with the attack on the port then they should have known this was against the intent of the frontline mechanics and should have switched out the hostility missions for the proper target port instead of exploiting an oversight. 

Where you guys shot yourselves in the foot was the very first post you as a clan made stating that the hostility missions were taken prior to the wipe as a result of the port going neutral. While this action in itself is acceptable I find it very difficult to believe that after the wipe you chose to "TEST" the new mechanics and see if you could in fact continue with the hostility mission. I guess that once one mission was able to generate hostility to the port (which you should have known full well should not have been possible or PERMITTED) you ignored the fact that you were in fact attacking the wrong port (again based on the new mechanics) and chose to continue until the port battle was set. This enabled you to establish a port that was unable to be attacked for nearly a week at the earliest (since everyone else would have to go through the CC just to get to you)

The main reason I call this situation  to question is that the original post stated nothing about testing and even hinted that it was an oversight in that the existing hostility mission still existed after the wipe. Later as the actions of VCO was being scrutinized we see the appearance of the "we are testing the new mechanics" claim. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

didn't everyone know the map was going to be wiped?

As in that day the maintenance was going to occur. The rest of us were told it would happen between these 5 days. 

Sorry I was not more precise on the statement. Guess when people don't want to  answer a question it is easier to attack the question instead.

2 hours ago, Raekur said:

As in that day the maintenance was going to occur. The rest of us were told it would happen between these 5 days. 

Sorry I was not more precise on the statement. Guess when people don't want to  answer a question it is easier to attack the question instead.

Careful, that tinfoil hat is showing. 

Everyone knew the wipe was occurring and the day it was likely to drop. Letting the port go Neutral and pulling the missions didn’t take a whole lot of foresight. I mean, I guess a bit more foresight than the average US player or your famed War Council is capable of but, meh. 

Accusing the developers of favoritism and dealing in insider knowledge is definitely not a road you likely want to pursue. Asking for some in-game welfare to get your coastline back instead of pulling missions and flipping the port yourself to fight for it really is telling. Sad.

So happy I get to start my day and see yet more comments about cheating, it had been a couple of days since I've seen comments about this topic, now let me continue my work day while listening to some music.... hmm what to listen to, oh lets start with "cry me a river" seems fitting for the occasion.

• Like 1

I see it as the Admins have developed a game so unique that it drives people to the point of blurring reality vrs a game in development.

That people would actually berate, accuse , whine, cringe, embarrass themselves over a game they were testing when they probably would never think of doing that in their daily lives speaks volumes about the passion this game we are testing brings out in people who blend the accomplishments, losses and feelings of injustice as a factor in their personal life at all as this is just a game of pixles and really has no bearing on their life at all.

When you wake in the morning your possession in real life are all still the same.

Well done Devs for driving some ppl to the edge of insanity lol.

6 hours ago, Raekur said:

I am a little confused by something with what VCO has been claiming. VCO has stated that the battle to take Saint Marys was for testing purposes. With that in mind I am curious about a few points.

Did VCO have prior knowledge that the map was going to be wiped right after they took those hostility missions? This would have to have been true if they were in fact testing the new frontline mechanics and testing to see if there was a way to bypass it. If they did not know about the wipe and proceeded with the attack on the port then they should have known this was against the intent of the frontline mechanics and should have switched out the hostility missions for the proper target port instead of exploiting an oversight. 

Where you guys shot yourselves in the foot was the very first post you as a clan made stating that the hostility missions were taken prior to the wipe as a result of the port going neutral. While this action in itself is acceptable I find it very difficult to believe that after the wipe you chose to "TEST" the new mechanics and see if you could in fact continue with the hostility mission. I guess that once one mission was able to generate hostility to the port (which you should have known full well should not have been possible or PERMITTED) you ignored the fact that you were in fact attacking the wrong port (again based on the new mechanics) and chose to continue until the port battle was set. This enabled you to establish a port that was unable to be attacked for nearly a week at the earliest (since everyone else would have to go through the CC just to get to you)

The main reason I call this situation  to question is that the original post stated nothing about testing and even hinted that it was an oversight in that the existing hostility mission still existed after the wipe. Later as the actions of VCO was being scrutinized we see the appearance of the "we are testing the new mechanics" claim. 

Without putting a specific label on the act this is what happened . . . 

1) On April 15 the new front line mechanic was announced which included sub port may only be taken from main county ports.  St Mary's was in VCO's hands and had been for a while

2) On or about April 20 Devs announced on sign in screen wipe will be coming between April 22 and April 24, thus a time certain

3) VCO then let St Mary's go neutral

4) By their admission (bold above), they then took hostility missions, which they could not do unless it was a neutral port. (so these were not 6 month old missions lying around by accident)

5) They waited a day or so for the wipe to come and then executed the hostility missions at a time when said missions were not possible to take

So whatever one wants to call the above, VCO took conscience steps knowing what the rules are going to be and set up a circumstance where they could have in theirs hands something that the rules who not allow them to have in their possession.   And then acted upon it. 

Call it as you may.  

44 minutes ago, Dragonfire said:

I see it as the Admins have developed a game so unique that it drives people to the point of blurring reality vrs a game in development.

That people would actually berate, accuse , whine, cringe, embarrass themselves over a game they were testing when they probably would never think of doing that in their daily lives speaks volumes about the passion this game we are testing brings out in people who blend the accomplishments, losses and feelings of injustice as a factor in their personal life at all as this is just a game of pixles and really has no bearing on their life at all.

When you wake in the morning your possession in real life are all still the same.

Well done Devs for driving some ppl to the edge of insanity lol.

This game is a lot of fun but takes time, it is not something one can play for 15-20 mins and have some fun.  So there is a real life human aspect to it.  Folks invest their real life time.

When the wipe was announced and came, i saw it as an opportunity to get the coast back at least until the release or the next time folks came up from the tip of Florida to challenge and/or take our ports.

So spent a good deal of my time, and although i had fun, none the less was a good size time investment, but i did it so i could play this game with a relatively free coast for some period of time.

But then when I see folks usurp the rules to get ports earlier than they otherwise would be able to do so and i am kind of back to square one, it can cause frustration.  

Again, i got ZERO problem with folks playing by the rules and taking ports, so be it.  But when someone takes steps knowing to get around rules to take a short cut, which then results on some level of me wasting my real life time, it can cause frustration.  Understand my point?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

I'm fine with you seeing us as the bad guys here, we like that role, but I fail to see how you have any real cause for complaint because, well, you haven't even bothered to try to fight us on your own coastline... That's honestly just pure cowardice.  Please do feel free to issue an apology to the entire clan since in point of fact there's no behavior that VCO has exhibited that goes beyond diligent testing and playing a pre-release, Early Access game for fun and community. If you can't see to making the same choices, and instead choose to bitch and moan, creating a toxic environment in your own nation, wallowing in a sense of being hard done by instead of just getting on with life and fixing your own problems?  Well.. you have bigger problems than VCO my friend.

First off Wraith (&VCO), thanks for being on that wall to provide content along the east coast and finding potential loop hole before the wipe. 

There is a lot of back and forth here about what happened and how to label it, folks can agree to disagree.   I wont use the C word per se, but to be honest it wasn't too cool.  It is done.  It has cost me some of my real time that i would of otherwise not done, but i can put that aside for now as i enjoyed sailing with you guys when you were with the US.

To the extent of not be able to take back ports, we are fighting almost two nations version one.  So it can be tough to take back forts or storm forts when one is out numbered.  The recent San Augustin Port battle is evidence of this point.   So at this point it is not a point of cowardice. 

Speaking of two v. one  as opposed to the chivalry one v. one, perhaps down the road WO or VCO would like to arrange a one v, one battle with some in the US?   That might be fun.  No screeners or nothing, just a one v one battle. 

12 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Just wondering if theres going to be more salty tears because Spain took a port off the US when they didnt own the capital?

I do not think so as that port can only attack Ays, which Spain can already do from Islamorada.  So there is no benefit or time reduction for Spain by taking that port.  

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Why dont you guys start using the exploit to hello kitty with the pirates, take a few ports around nuevitas and lorimers and put 16:00 timers on em and then just troll with dlc ships.

It's easier just call"cheaters" out on the forum

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Why dont you guys start using the exploit to hello kitty with the pirates, take a few ports around nuevitas and lorimers and put 16:00 timers on em and then just troll with dlc ships.

A US invasion of Cuba?  That somehow seems wrong.....

9 hours ago, Raekur said:

We only had that info as well, but that's the whole point isn't it. Missions used to last forever, you could take them, and a year later start grinding out hostility. You could have missions for counties that later changed hands or turned neutral. We showed it needed to be fixed, the devs fixed it, job well done. 😁

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Without putting a specific label on the act this is what happened . . . 

1) On April 15 the new front line mechanic was announced which included sub port may only be taken from main county ports.  St Mary's was in VCO's hands and had been for a while

2) On or about April 20 Devs announced on sign in screen wipe will be coming between April 22 and April 24, thus a time certain

3) VCO then let St Mary's go neutral

4) By their admission (bold above), they then took hostility missions, which they could not do unless it was a neutral port. (so these were not 6 month old missions lying around by accident)

5) They waited a day or so for the wipe to come and then executed the hostility missions at a time when said missions were not possible to take

So whatever one wants to call the above, VCO took conscience steps knowing what the rules are going to be and set up a circumstance where they could have in theirs hands something that the rules who not allow them to have in their possession.   And then acted upon it. 

Call it as you may.  

It was XXXXX that owned St Mary's and dropped it. I assume to flip it over to VCO's control as most of XXXX guys are in VCO now.   Either way once the exploit was found it should of been reported and stopped. Than let the devs call what to do.  The right thing would of been to drop the port or just not show up to the Port battle and than move on to do more testing other places.   

As for WO's cause wee owned the port...that is a BS reason. A wipe is a wipe, and you no longer own it.  That is why I can't wait until the release where you can't have a bunch of 1st rates shaked up read in a port so far away from ya'lls starting port.   You have to start from Capital and from scratch like the rest of us.  

As for the US bitching.  We where actually hoping to have a few weeks peace to build up fleets, do some training and not worry about constant attacks by large French/Pirate fleets.  Nothing wrong with a few random OW hunters, but having two strong enemy's in your backyard where the most important ports for this new system is doesn't help moral and doesn't help folks want to test things if they can just loose it in a blink of an eye.

Again if your clans are so good than drop the ports and come get them properly, but your taking the cowards way out and hiding behind bad legacy game mechanics that are being fixed by devs currently.

10 hours ago, Potemkin said:

Cause two wrongs don't make a right.... what with today folks thinking it's right to do exploits and things just cause they can?   Just about any other game i been on as soon as it was found a posted would of been made to not use it and if you did you will get in trouble.  This Dev team does thing back arse wards half the time and wonder why they have so much bad reviews and low player retention.   

Again I'll use the example, just cause you leave your keys in your car doesn't give me the right to take it and use it.  Or if you leave your door open for me to just walk into your house.  It's the same with games and bad code/exploits. Once your report it doesn't give you the right to use them. Also I'm seing a lot of folks saying Devs said this or that and not any post.  My actual mails with Admin he said they where exploits just not critical exploits they are to worried about cause of the #soon wipe.  They also stated it might of been a mistake to have let St Mary be keeped too.  Which I do agree as it just encouraged for more folks to use the exploits found casue nothing was done by those that keep using them.  Luckly the legacy missions wwas fixed with a hotfix, not we just have to wait on the hotfix for the other missions taken.  Which was suppose to come some time this week and hasn't'.

Dev team been awfull silent lately and that means they are working on stuff.

• Like 2