Game-Labs Forum

Patch 31: Port investments, new hostility and preparation for release

admin

3 minutes ago, OjK said:

That's cool that we're making a step towards better balance of obtaining exotic wood. 

However, the investments on f.e. Sabicu should be lowered, same as the delivery missions are cheaper in comparison to f.e. Live Oak. 

Make the both points, and resources required variable - no sense there if planting Live Oak forest cost the same of Caguarian. 

Why would I ever plant Caguairan if Live Oak forest cost exactly same? 

Cag is a little more maneuverable + faster than live oak and might be better for an overall fleet.  But I see your point "lesser" woods like cag and sab should be cheaper.

and according to the investment screen - they are.

2e8ac6273c06074b366646da740f608a.png

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Havelock said:

Could you add an option to delete port structures (preferably available to Creator and Diplomat)? Someone build a Tower defense even though we wanted to save the point for a shipbuilding bonus 😕

Maybe we should get some friends to come and destroy the tower for us 🤔.

6 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

Does creating the Live Oak investment just enable the ability for individuals to create Live Oak production forests or does it just spawn a clan delivery mission in that port? 

Add to the question..will there be a cost difference for withdrawing the resource (based on quality of the wood) and will there be taxes for the benefit of the owning clan?

16 minutes ago, Havelock said:

Could you add an option to delete port structures (preferably available to Creator and Diplomat)? Someone build a Tower defense even though we wanted to save the point for a shipbuilding bonus 😕

Like I said before. 

38 minutes ago, admin said:

main post updated

Hotfix 2nd May

• 7 New port investments added allowing production of rare woods in clan controlled ports
  • Rare woods clan delivery missions rebalanced (prices lowered)

so clan delivery missions are pointless now and so is extensive RvR. What would be my motivation to do any serious RvR now that I am able to hold all the rare woods, resources, and reals in a single region and have a two or three ports for PvP? Apart from copper and cartegena which you state you are reducing the effects of mods there really is no point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davos Seasworth said:

so clan delivery missions are pointless now and so is extensive RvR. What would be my motivation to do any serious RvR now that I am able to hold all the rare woods, resources, and reals in a single region and have a two or three ports for PvP? Apart from copper and cartegena which you state you are reducing the effects of mods there really is no point. 

You could find yourself doing a lot of RVR.  Once you are a shining beacon of a target, you're going to want to see to your security.  This means extending your frontier.  It means a lot of defending.

7 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You could find yourself doing a lot of RVR.  Once you are a shining beacon of a target, you're going to want to see to your security.  This means extending your frontier.  It means a lot of defending.

Why would anyone though? The rewards for RvR are minuscule now. When PvP is far more rewarding thanks to the changes to Victory Marks and Combat Marks. Snuffing out a nations crafting region too has more downside than upside unless you just like farming easy PvP like a few groups do. 

Before today, the main goal for RvR was to control resources like the rare woods and to set up a port where a nation can easily PvP from. Now that I am able to invest in ports to have all the resources I need and I do not need many ports to PvP from I do not see much of a point. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Admiral Isy said:

I just have to point something out: Your first two sentences seem like a gripe that an MMO requires you to play as a team.
In actuality NA is very soloable. It has more content for solo players than other games that require team play. I've played EVE since 2007 and find NA to be quite enjoyable because I can solo play.

You are so wrong.

1 - You don't have an high sec region the same way in EVE for you to do missions without the fear being ganked. That is also the main reason why the new player experience is completely ruined in this game.

2- Trade / economy is ruined. Yes you can trade or better make some delivery missions to make some money but you will never get acess to the same quality ships produced by the big clans so you are always playing with a big handicap so it is useless

3- This handicap also translates every time you do pvp against the BIG players.

4- So what more you have to do in NA? Fishing? And fishing doens't have a gameplay mechanic. Hoping to get a bottle?

And you want to compare this with EVE online? I played EVE online in 2007 or 2008, i don't remember exactly and then i played again in the beginning of 2018 to try the new free experience. You have so many things you can do playing solo that is a joke comparing the two games.

As an example in the 2 weeks i played EVE online in 2018. I did some missions to get some cash and started so see youtube videos and learn how to search wormholes and look for relic sites. That was fun , very exciting and i made almost 200 M in one week. And then i quit the game lol. Is EVE online a bad game for a solo player? No it is amazing , it give you so many options and the universe is so big there is always something for you to do. I quit because i know EVE is a very complex game and i would need to spent months playing and watching youtube videos to understand a minimum.

Now I'm can't stop here.

"b) Could you consider in making the pve server more interesting to play?"

You want the handholding of the PvE server, but you desire the dynamic content of the PvP server. Would you make up your mind? Decisions in life come with drawbacks and trade offs. You can have have anything, but not everything.

I you had read and understand what i was asking you would know that i wasn't asking for everything. The problem with the PVE server is that it is 100% pve and lacking some important features from the pvp server. Let's say you think is right for the pve server to be 100% pve . Ok so i want the pvp server to be 100% pvp. Remove all the bots from the pvp server, make completely hardcore. Do you think this is stupid? Probaly yes , and the same stupidity in this idea is what you have in the pve server.

So what did i ask/suggested to have in the pve server? 3 simple things:

- PvP solo patrol zones. There is no pvp in the OW because it is the pve server however players would like to have patrol zones where could be allowed to fight other players. Is this asking to much? Nope. A little area in the map for players to have fun against other players. Simple as that.

- Port battles against AI. This is one big feature from NA that doens't exist in the pve server. What i was suggesting was to implement port battles gainst AI that would be open for all to have  fun in epic battles for all . Is this asking to much? Again nope.

- Agression AI. I suggested that if you sail close to an enemy port the AI ships from that port faction will attack you. I only suggested this to make the delivery missions / cargo runs more exciting to play. Is this asking to much? Again nope.

1 minute ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Why would anyone though? The rewards for RvR are minuscule now. When PvP is far more rewarding thanks to the changes to Victory Marks and Combat Marks. Snuffing out a nations crafting region too has more downside than upside unless you just like farming easy PvP like a few groups do. 

I see your point.  When this frontlines business came up, I expressed a worry that we would be victims of a "Fortress" mentality, where there would be a couple of powerfull clans in each nation with large impregnable capitols.  That would certainly kill RVR.  With the free ports involved, however, this is not possible, because frontlines cannot exist.  maybe this is what the devs want.  No investment is safe and RVR could be everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Havelock said:

A good point but when the port gets captured by an other nation the new owner could destroy all the upgrades when he knows that he can not hold the port for long. So maybe there should be a delete option, but there should be an delay when being used.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I see your point.  When this frontlines business came up, I expressed a worry that we would be victims of a "Fortress" mentality, where there would be a couple of powerfull clans in each nation with large impregnable capitols.  That would certainly kill RVR.  With the free ports involved, however, this is not possible, because frontlines cannot exist.  maybe this is what the devs want.  No investment is safe and RVR could be everywhere.

On other hand

a) frontlines concept, that I consider great, is nothing... so better avoid it at all.

b) the Fortress mentality could lead the alphadogs to expand even more to insure more and more the fortresses. So pushing them to roll the map. If it happens what to do?

Without frontlines there were almost unlimited line to gang up and attack a nation. This way it will be precluded... and alphadog (with stronger bonuses) will be un-beatable.

A single superpower situation is bad in reality. In a game is death of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

A good point but when the port gets captured by an other nation the new owner could destroy all the upgrades when he knows that he can not hold the port for long. So maybe there should be a delete option, but there should be an delay when being used.

Good point, deletion should be blocked in ports with PB set and contested ports.

why do we should still do RVR or fight for something?  we need only 1 port and build up all we need...then unistall the game cause got bored.

you are going full speed to the wrong direction Devs, you must take away from the hands of players all the rare woods.  and rare woods cannot be bought by contract...only direct buy/sell in random port with the ship you have in that moment.

looks like what Anolytic ask you do :D  ...he asked for rare woods to be implemented as investment in new port...and you did today

my suggestion:

''we need equity for rare woods, if you can build farm 10 players can far 1000 each so 10000 a day so game-broken again.

admin you should make rare wood delivery RNG. example:

you set 1.000.000 of live/WO/teak/Cag/sab/Maho a day as supply for all the map; then you set that all this quantities has to be split on X amount of AI trader and then to be delivered around where no one can predict but only discover. that way, you solve the problem of breaking the game by a nation that owns all teak ports, all live oak ports, all white oak ports ecc ecc.

1st day, an amount of teak (4k) is delivered to Tumbado and to other Xamount of ports  (maybe delivery 2 or 3 times in a single day for each ports a small quantity). next day to Caracas, but only 1k...next day to Rosaly, next day Baracoa and so on...every day, at restart, the port ''buy'' all the rare wood still in stock starting again from 0 for the next day so you don't have a situation where ports can stack woods in exagerated quantity.

every day restart, everyday new quantity, everyday new Port, every day new Player tradind routes, everyday new Raiders, everyday new PVP, evedyday new PVE.

you can also send to ports only 500k of rare wood each day and the rest of 500k, of the 1kk a day of that rare wood, can be purchased by Clan Delivery Missions like now (maybe not all500k in 1 port but only 10-15k each) at the same cost like now (50kdoubl....if you want safety resources, you have to pay for the service....otherwise, sail a trader and find them in the map). the quantity of Clan Delivery Mission will stay also after maintenance, but the RANDOM Ai delivery will be reset as said before.

Edited April 16 by huliotkd''

Edited by huliotkd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

why do we should still do RVR or fight for something?  we need only 1 port and build up all we need...then unistall the game cause got bored.

you are going full speed to the wrong direction Devs, you must take away from the hands of players all the rare woods.  and rare woods cannot be bought by contract...only direct buy/sell in random port with the ship you have in that moment.

looks like what Anolytic ask you do :D  ...he asked for rare woods to be implemented as investment in new port...and you did today.

May be you should start politely asking Anolytic some new feature so he can propose it.

And in... well: 2 weeks you'll get it.

It works fine to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • Building costs and costs of upgrades rebalanced (and increased)

I haven't looked at the upgrades, but I'm glad I made a level 2 shipyard the other day, but really wished I had made the level 3....just the level 1 is expensive. 

Two things we better be getting way more real drops cause this is extremely expensive.   The other thing shouldn't a percentage of these doubloons be going to the port owner?   Just like every thing else they get tax off of they should be getting a percentage of any doubloons spent in port.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Maybe give it a 48+ hour cool down between each level you destroy so you can't just click a button and totally destroy a level 4 building the day before a port battle.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Is a good solution too, but I think we  can do it fast when the improvement or building are still in construction

Seems like every single time shipbuilding gets more difficult whether it be wood availability or costs....RVR declines.  Folks don’t fight over ports for resources.  If they had maybe carta would have changed hands more than a couple times.  If people can’t get the woods they need to fight back...they just quit.  

This patch is a welcome change.  Good RVR should be about denying your enemy the resources they need.

4 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Maybe we have another solution for the ports improvements. If only clan owner officers can start a new building we can evade some mistakes. 

Or simply clan owner office can arrange all improvements in order of priority.

And any investor can still choose on what invests BUT he'll be aware of priorities set by owners.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Good RVR should be about denying your enemy the resources they need.

and then RVR stops cause target nation lose its players due to lost resource port....and you will play alone in a 30 player server...again...

• Like 1