Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: Trading feedback

19 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

I had a good pvp kill the other night and yet no combat medal. I am guessing the only place to get them is the pvp zone....if even there.

yep.

either complete a pvp mission, or go into the patrol zone and do damage/kill someone.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:46 AM, van der Decken said:

I had a good pvp kill the other night and yet no combat medal. I am guessing the only place to get them is the pvp zone....if even there.

the other night or yesterday? Combat medals are now given for every pvp kill and assist (they are distributed between players who damaged the ship)
for example
if 10 players damaged the target 10% and the target price is 10 medals - everyone will get 1 medal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

the other night or yesterday? Combat medals are now given for every pvp kill and assist (they are distributed between players who damaged the ship)
for example
if 10 players damaged the target 10% and the target price is 10 medals - everyone will get 1 medal.

If I understand correctly, combat medals are granted also outside of PVP zones now.

If it is so, this means that PVP marks are back in the old fashioned way

Which means that - basically - from now on seal clubbing newbies and carebears will be the most profitable way to get PVP marks.

And, even worse ... if you will get rid of reinforcements zones

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, victor said:

If I understand correctly, combat medals are granted also outside of PVP zones now.

If it is so, basically PVP marks are back in the old fashioned way

Which means that - basically - from now on seal clubbing newbies and carebears will be the most profitable way to get PVP marks.

And, even worse ... if you will get rid of reinforcements zones

It's not my cup of tea either :(.

1 hour ago, admin said:

for example

Great news! With this the PvP in OW might increase again. It was difficult to find any OW PvP in the last days and I had the feeling that most PvP was concentrated in the PvP zone. 

Btw. I read that you are considering to remove the reinforcementzones and leave a capital zone. If you do this, do you also consider to remove the patrol area? This would be a consequent move in my eyes to increase OW PvP.

In my personal opinion only the duel zone should stay for those players that like duels and all the other PvP should happen in OW PvP or RvR.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, admin said:

for example

It's a good move to reward assists as well. This will definitely encourage more fighting.
Wish we could have a similar mechanism for Hunt/S&D missions.

As for the economy itself, I have accumulated somewhere between 8 & 10 Million Reals in trade runs over these two weeks (solid time investment) and spent part of it on quality wine and quality time (kek). I also managed to get close to 90k dubs (I did not seek optimal routes or anything, i would just pick up letter missions here and there casually) and just got started with combat medals (got 50 so far). It feels a tiny bit too easy, but I don't know how it would feel to someone who would only have 2 hours to invest in the game.

3 hours ago, Zlatkowar said:

It's a good move to reward assists as well. This will definitely encourage more fighting.
Wish we could have a similar mechanism for Hunt/S&D missions.

As for the economy itself, I have accumulated somewhere between 8 & 10 Million Reals in trade runs over these two weeks (solid time investment) and spent part of it on quality wine and quality time (kek). I also managed to get close to 90k dubs (I did not seek optimal routes or anything, i would just pick up letter missions here and there casually) and just got started with combat medals (got 50 so far). It feels a tiny bit too easy, but I don't know how it would feel to someone who would only have 2 hours to invest in the game.

how many hours per day?

28 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Just checked on steam I have 166 hours over the past 15 days. That's an average 11 hours a day... Trading at work has its advantages x)

25 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

PVE or PVP server?

I don't think the server matters, but 11 hours on average - yeah I don't think many of us have that time. 

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I don't think the server matters, but 11 hours on average - yeah I don't think many of us have that time. 

I think it matters because of the amout of AFK you can do.  No one on the PVP server can afford to be AFK for the kind of time it requires to do that much trading (right??)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I think it matters because of the amout of AFK you can do.  No one on the PVP server can afford to be AFK for the kind of time it requires to do that much trading (right??)

I’m going to test it this weekend.  Going to runn US Bermuda and than down to the Dan Swede area and back.  If I get sunk I get sunk but I want to test this distance trading thing.  I’ll clock the hours of the trip.  

47 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Just checked on steam I have 166 hours over the past 15 days. That's an average 11 hours a day... Trading at work has its advantages x)

we are going to do some changes for the delivery missions that will allow everyone to support pvp with 1-2 delivery missions per day (taking 15-20 mins max)  if they are losing too much.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

60k in a hour is pure bullshit when you have lineships costing you up to 3 millions reals due to doubloons and permits.

there are better routes. much better. + Oak oak first rate cost is less than 200k (WITH GUNS) and needs to go higher probably.
+
really - please do not push clicker heroes vision here.
If you think a first rate should be earned by anyone by just investing 2-3 hours of play - this is not the game you are looking for. We let go that idea and not coming back.

The first rate was a wonder of technology of that time. It had more guns than the whole army of wellington. Stop this "first rate in 2 hours" thing

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

the income per hour matters, not 11 hours per day. There are trade routes giving such options. But if you wish to take a long multiday route you can make really good money providing you with income for 5-6 first rates or hundreds of frigates at cost.

52 minutes ago, admin said:

we are going to do some changes for the delivery missions that will allow everyone to support pvp with 1-2 delivery missions per day (taking 15-20 mins max)  if they are losing too much.

sounds good. want to see how it works first before i give feedback.

49 minutes ago, admin said:

there are better routes. much better. + Oak oak first rate cost is less than 200k (WITH GUNS) and needs to go higher probably.
+
really - please do not push clicker heroes vision here.
If you think a first rate should be earned by anyone by just investing 2-3 hours of play - this is not the game you are looking for. We let go that idea and not coming back.

The first rate was a wonder of technology of that time. It had more guns than the whole army of wellington. Stop this "first rate in 2 hours" thing

I like the idea of this. We just need  wipe to truly see how much it will effect the game though. 

I want to stress though that if 1st and 2nds are going to be incredibly high in cost...3rd rates should be low enough that players who want to get into lineships can still get there in a reasonable time.

46 minutes ago, admin said:

the income per hour matters, not 11 hours per day. There are trade routes giving such options. But if you wish to take a long multiday route you can make really good money providing you with income for 5-6 first rates or hundreds of frigates at cost.

ok. then I made a 5 hour trade trip as I noted in other threads. and my profit was about 600k after buying and selling on both sides WITH 2 indiamans. so per hour i made 120,000 reals. I think that is...... mmm low.

I am honestly hoping for a general 20-40% increase in trade good sell prices across the board of all distances. Then I think we are pretty much perfect on that. so I'd see a 150,00 real profit per hour on that same 5 hour trip (30% increase).

EDIT: I would like to see an economic system as such as how to get each currency the "best" way. 

If you want to get the most Reals the fastest = Trade
If you want to get Doubloons the Fastest = Passenger Missions and Killing NPC fleets ( via looting)
If you want to get Combat Medals = You PvP
If you want to get Victory Marks = you RvR

Player market should dictate what Doubloons, and Combat medals are worth. so if someone makes a boatload of reals - they can buy doubloons and combat medals from players who do other activities.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Probably a good change. To be honest I did not realise I had put that much time in the game. And yes, it was on PvE with large chunks of that (probably half of that time) afk sailing with a 30sec position check every 15 minutes or so. As I said, I did not search for an optimal route, and I am pretty sure theres a much smarter way of doing it (shorter distances, better efficiency) but I did not look for that. Considering the amount of time, I should probably change my "it feels a bit too easy".

I was just curious at the general feeling of it and how much someone who only has 2 hours a day managed to make over this 2 weeks time period. Also the difference between PvP and PvE server might bring interesting observations.

I was strictly speaking of trade and mission rewards. I found my rythm here and I'm happy with that, but it does not fit all.
I would also add that combat reward in Reals seems a bit low in comparison.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zlatkowar said:

As for the economy itself, I have accumulated somewhere between 8 & 10 Million Reals in trade runs over these two weeks (solid time investment) and spent part of it on quality wine and quality time (kek).

This seems about right. 5 hour trip I can make 1mil in reals plus a little on top. If I spent most of my time doing that through the entire week I should be able close to the numbers he states. This is on PvP server. Found a good route I like which is safe. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

You forgot that 1st rates can be capped on PvE server in less than those 2-3 hours. So why would anybody invest the insane amount of time/reales/dublons after patch 30 into crafting an oak/oak SOL if he can just as well cap a ship of similar quality (or have it capped for him) ??

Oak/Oak just isnt part of PvE. None wants it, none crafts it.  Players want to be able to craft/afford something they cannot cap. 

There is a very easy PvE specific solution for this: Afaik only PvE has rare woods in admiralty store. Reducing their prices there would directly adjust SOL availability.

As to historical arguments: Indefatigable 4th rate and Constitution an SOL is not what i read in naval history books.

Edited by Jan van Santen