Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: Trading feedback

@admin i miss the fleet icon in the port ui   (easy access)

( for selecting different fleet holds when in fleet combination )

just like what we have in OW

Edited by Thonys

20 hours ago, van Veen said:

I think spawning of rare woods in random ports with limited quantity is quite a good idea. Will be happy to test it, but I have a few questions:

1) How many ports are affected? Is it 1 port per wood type or 2, or random? Just trying to figure out chances here, no judgement. 

2) What happens when the supply is depleted? Is there a cool down or is it re-opened immediately somewhere else?

As far as I understood the "Clan Delivery" line in economy mission tab is the only way currently to identify such a special port. 

3) Who is able to see the "Clan Delivery" line in economy mission tab? Only clan members of the owning port? Also the members of friendly clans?

4) How can non-clan members and foreign traders identify a port having a rare woods stock? 

Can anyone clarify? 

28 minutes ago, admin said:

You can see if the port has resources in the port information.  left upper corner.

Okay, I have now seen where you can see if a port has these clan resources available, and I will check it out in enemy ports.

Can you clarify if these missions are only available to clans on the friend list of the port owning clan or can anyone in that nation access them. The reason I ask is that my alts are in their own trading clan that has never been involved in RvR and is not on the friend list of any other clans, but I can see these missions in the nations ports and it appears I can do the mission to get the resources.

51 minutes ago, admin said:

You can see if the port has resources in the port information.  left upper corner.

Thank you for answering. I assume this to be visible for everyone, including foreign traders, correct? 

Could you please give some information about distribution and spawning mechanism of rare woods? 

21 hours ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

It will take time for the player based economy to adjust. The wipe will help. Values should level out accordingly though just like the introduction of reals from the original currency.

I think all the wipe will do is produce a run on the bank for goods that will break the bank and leave players frustrated.  If what you say is needed then once the game has begun and is release how many wipes will have to happen to keep it running? 

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Okay, I have now seen where you can see if a port has these clan resources available, and I will check it out in enemy ports.

Can you clarify if these missions are only available to clans on the friend list of the port owning clan or can anyone in that nation access them. The reason I ask is that my alts are in their own trading clan that has never been involved in RvR and is not on the friend list of any other clans, but I can see these missions in the nations ports and it appears I can do the mission to get the resources.

This is my question too in anther post.  The Clan based rare woods for clans only scenario is a deal breaker for me.  There is nothing about symbiotic relationships between clans and non clan type players in what appears to be happening to rare woods for construction.

3 minutes ago, angriff said:

I think all the wipe will do is produce a run on the bank for goods that will break the bank and leave players frustrated.  If what you say is needed then once the game has begun and is release how many wipes will have to happen to keep it running? 

Hopefully none. We have changed economies through early access multiple times and this upcoming wipe is no different. After this wipe the economy should not be changing again since we are close to release according to the devs. 

2 minutes ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

Hopefully none. We have changed economies through early access multiple times and this upcoming wipe is no different. After this wipe the economy should not be changing again since we are close to release according to the devs. 

So a wipe to seemingly to stimulate the economy and make the current criticism of low profits reverse then is not needed.

I do have one criticism of the passenger and letter missions.  There seems to be a disparity in the coding to make mission rewards a function of distance of the crows flies.  This is tantamount of a taxi fare limit when going to Santa Maria on the South Coast of Cuba from Turneffe is 1300 doubloons and taking another passenger from the same starting point to San Sebastian on the Eastern Florida coast is 1600 which is quite a disparity in risk and actual time to sail around Cuba.   

I am not sure how this can disparity can be remedied but just plain straight distances as the Crow flies is not going to cut it.  It may require a matrix audit table that can be adjusted with time to reflect the reality of time travelled rather than straight distance.

Edited by angriff
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, angriff said:

I do have one criticism of the passenger and letter missions.  There seems to be a disparity in the coding to make mission rewards a function of distance of the crows flies.  This is tantamount of a taxi fare limit when going to Santa Maria on the South Coast of Cuba from Turneffe is 1300 doubloons and taking another passenger from the same starting point to San Sebastian on the Eastern Florida coast is 1600 which is quite a disparity in risk and actual time to sail around Cuba.   

I am not sure how this can disparity can be remedied but just plain straight distances as the Crow flies is not going to cut it.  It may require a matrix audit table that can be adjusted with time to reflect the reality of time travelled rather than straight distance.

Good call. Furthermore, I believe  it should include a danger factor. i.e. delivering into enemy port.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angriff said:

Honestly, I don't see why it should. If there are good fares and bad fares, what's the problem? Just pick the one that suits you best.

13 minutes ago, Suppenkelle said:

Honestly, I don't see why it should. If there are good fares and bad fares, what's the problem? Just pick the one that suits you best.

Well that is the obvious part if they randomly change.  I am now just moving along a coast taking missions that are on my way getting about 50 to 100 doubloons per.  It is more interesting that fighting an AI trader for 20 minutes that has 3 Ukrainian Grains on it and if you are lucky 50 doubloons.   

But the problem is fluidity.  If you just don't care then that is fine for you.

ok I see how the random clan based rare wood is found.  This is a random mission in a random port that has 1 million caguarian wood.  You would need a clan to provide the 35k doubloons then transport them to your clan warehouse.  I do not see how a single player could not do this if they had enough doubloons and a port warehouse for them to store the wood.  It will have to see if single players can exploit the demand for specialized rare woods like teak and white oak and corner the market.

clanmissions.jpg

22 minutes ago, angriff said:

ok I see how the random clan based rare wood is found.  This is a random mission in a random port that has 1 million caguarian wood.  You would need a clan to provide the 35k doubloons then transport them to your clan warehouse.  I do not see how a single player could not do this if they had enough doubloons and a port warehouse for them to store the wood.  It will have to see if single players can exploit the demand for specialized rare woods like teak and white oak and corner the market.

clanmissions.jpg

This is correct, but I note too that the missions appear to be available to everyone in nation and not just clans on the friendlist of the port owning clan, not sure if this is a bug as it does not appear to be as described in the patch notes.

If I have remembered correctly the more frequently used woods like White Oak require around 75k doubloons for the mission.

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This is correct, but I note too that the missions appear to be available to everyone in nation and not just clans on the friendlist of the port owning clan, not sure if this is a bug as it does not appear to be as described in the patch notes.

If I have remembered correctly the more frequently used woods like White Oak require around 75k doubloons for the mission.

No this is not a port that drops the rare wood.  This wood only shows up in two ports far East of this location in Netifly.  This is the random location that has been spoken of that will move when the supply is depleted.   So finding it will be kept secret for the most part by whomever finds it 

Edited by angriff

17 hours ago, angriff said:

Livestock appears to be a generic gift to any player with a contract not much more.  That is it appears a port will drop an item like white oak or indigo more often if you bring it livestock. 

Captain, could you please clarify in what ports did you face it and are you able to reproduce it?

27 minutes ago, angriff said:

No this is not a port that drops the rare wood.  This wood only shows up in two ports far East of this location in Netifly.  This is the random location that has been spoken of that will move when the supply is depleted.   So finding it will be kept secret for the most part by whomever finds it 

I know that, but it is supposed to only be available for the port owning clan and clans on their friendlist, but it appears anyone from the nation can access the mission.

23 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I know that, but it is supposed to only be available for the port owning clan and clans on their friendlist, but it appears anyone from the nation can access the mission.

I think that is only for the clan port that has  it constantly dropped without limits.  That would encourage clans to fight over set rare resource locations instead of hoping to find them randomly placed in their towns. 

What you are ensuing is that the clans have exclusivity over rare woods and we poor excluded players would have yet another thing that the game denies.  Really I dont think we need more teenage clique features in this game. 

1 hour ago, angriff said:

I think that is only for the clan port that has  it constantly dropped without limits.  That would encourage clans to fight over set rare resource locations instead of hoping to find them randomly placed in their towns. 

What you are ensuing is that the clans have exclusivity over rare woods and we poor excluded players would have yet another thing that the game denies.  Really I dont think we need more teenage clique features in this game. 

I think it is the other way round, else why would they be called clan resources?

It makes them only available to the owning clan and clans on their friendlist, so if others want to get access to them they have to attack the port and take it over before the resource runs out.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, Cockeyed Callaway said:

Why would you ask a player to travel four hours with nothing to do but look at the stern of his ship, for a profit that at best is two and a half times what he invested? Are trying to widdle down the already minimal content? Do you honestly believe that anyone without an alt account will waste that kind of time staring at essentially a screen saver? Go back to your original system if this is the best you can come up with.

Some folks actually like this type of game play.  Use to have a guy in clan that loved to do bottles.  He keep a list of every one that gave him bottles in clan and when he open them he write down what he found and later give them back or put them in clan warehouse for all to use depending on what folks wanted to be done with what he got.  This was back when you open a bottle and it could spawn on the other side of the map.  He was an older retired guy and just enjoyed sailing around and exploring.  Something that might not seem fun to you might be fun to others.  

@admin I know you say there are millions and millions doubloons out there, but maybe before you wipe all the doubloons in the coming weeks can we get a large amount so folks can see how these clan missions work.  Not every clan has millions and millions on hand.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Archaos said:

I think it is the other way round, else why would they be called clan resources?

It makes them only available to the owning clan and clans on their friendlist, so if others want to get access to them they have to attack the port and take it over before the resource runs out.

I certainly hope not. If the devs want to start a civil war in the game and have half of them quit because a couple of large clans dominate the map and the resources then it will be a sad sad day.  I think it was this way during the region nation stuff and that failed miserably to a complete rewrite.

The Clans have way too much power and what is worse they suddenly switch teams sometimes because you guessed it.  They are bored stiff with taking all the resources and towns so they join another flag.  Then they spend their time switching the map over and leaving all the small team and single players hanging out to dry.  Then guess what they quit.  So I think the devs are smarter than this and would not want to create a monopoly for spiteful clans

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I personally think the new trading routes, trade goods and their locations have been a large success.

I am noticing a lot more ports making tax revenue then ever before.

Hmm wonder if the Devs have figured out how the high taxes exclusive club clans are charging for their port fun will create a scenario where there is no profits for transport less then one third of the map and it kills the game?   Guess they will have to boost the prices.