Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Combat missions, events and challenges feedback.

First thing I've noticed is the huge difference in doubloons reward for PVE missions and the PVP patrol zone. 

Patrol zone rewards are still the same as when we had PVP marks (3 doubloons for 5k damage, 10 for 20k and 20 for 70k damage, etc) while sinking a single 7th rate in PVE mission can give 18 doubloons.

Rewards for patrol zone need to be much better to make them interesting.

• Like 3

Hunt and Search and Destroy missions at Nassau are only against deep ships. Could be better to find missions against shallow ships in shallow area and deep missions in deep areas... I've to pay 10 DB to tp to another port (MT for exemple) to find Hunt/Search and destroy missions against 6/7th rates and pay again 10 DB to tp back at Nassau... BTW, Kill missions was good, all against 6/7th rates.

1540995740-capture.png

I am very unhappy with the new missions. First of all because I can't find any 6th rate missions...and when I find a mission that says 1x 5th rate for example, I end up against 3 5th rate ships. Also, and this is a bit off topic, all my buildings are gone, and I can't build a new 5th rate ship because of it.

2 hours ago, Nick the cursed said:

Hunt and Search and Destroy missions at Nassau are only against deep ships. Could be better to find missions against shallow ships in shallow area and deep missions in deep areas... I've to pay 10 DB to tp to another port (MT for exemple) to find Hunt/Search and destroy missions against 6/7th rates and pay again 10 DB to tp back at Nassau... BTW, Kill missions was good, all against 6/7th rates.

1540995740-capture.png

agree.. i though it was fixed by us. Shallow water ports must give orders for shallow water ships.

• Like 2

After some playtime this afternoon I can definitely say that the revamped mission system is extremely hostile to new players.

Generally any direct-kill mission will pit me against an NPC one rating higher. I'm not able to kill an Ingermanland in a Renommee, and while I'm admittedly awful at combat, this isn't a pretty introduction for first-week players.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

Generally any direct-kill mission will pit me against an NPC one rating higher. I'm not able to kill an Ingermanland in a Renommee, and while I'm admittedly awful at combat, this isn't a pretty introduction for first-week players.

Yeah, basing the missions on "Rates" doesn't account for the fact that the lower end of "5th Rate" is basically a full "Rate" weaker than the higher end. 

2 hours ago, TheHaney said:

After some playtime this afternoon I can definitely say that the revamped mission system is extremely hostile to new players.

Kill missions have difficulty ratings (indicated by stars) - to find opponents you like search the open world or move to the city which has the lower level difficulty. Difficulty autoadjusts gradually - so if people will struggle with a mission it will be re classed by admiralty NPC thinkers and it will move to another port and its rewards will go higher

Missions are I think the strongest change in the current patch, well done! I have only suggestions of improvements, not issues:

• once you select a mission, confirmation is not required, as you can easily cancel mission from Journal
  • it would be nice to have a small X/10 next to journal, to know that taking a mission worked once you take your first one, and to see how many you can still take
  • you could also just show some message saying mission was added to journal
  • it would be nice to separate goal of the mission from it's description with an empty line. It would be easier to read then

I'd judge missions interface and functionality as 9/10 so far, with a lot of potential.

@admin

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

Yeah, basing the missions on "Rates" doesn't account for the fact that the lower end of "5th Rate" is basically a full "Rate" weaker than the higher end. 

kill missions are based on difficulty. Rate is just a requirement for the ship for a mission. 

Well. You have just killed the game for me. I have very limited playtime (like 1 hour a day), so I was used to jump into the game, pick up a mission and level up so I could sail bigger ships on weekends with my clanmates. Now the missions I have in all ports nearby are against uptiered ships and cannot be completed solo (or not by player on my skill level with poor budget ships I have). I have really no interest in sailing to very limited number of neutral ports to be ganked in every mission I can get.

I am not crying. I am used to pvp, losing ships and stuff from more hardcore games than this is, but I have lost an opportunity to chill in game after I get back from work. Not everybody has 5 hours a day to find AI fleets. I see your point you did this to stimulate OW pvp and prevent people from sitting in safe zones (as I do when playing solo and leveling), but you have removed an option for insta PVE action for casual players.

Edited by Porpoise
  • Like 6

Why remove the ability for us to chose our mission ship rate? Makes no sense when you need to level a specific rate ship and have no missions for that rate!

Why no more MP CoOP Fleet Missions?  My clan has now died as that was our favorite activity and we are still too small and new to initiate PB's and rarely have enough online to attack PvPers near enemy ports!

The fleet missions helped our new players to work as a team with multiple ships and helped us level and rank up our newer and weaker members!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Porpoise said:

Well. You have just killed the game for me. I have very limited playtime (like 1 hour a day), so I was used to jump into the game, pick up a mission and level up so I could sail bigger ships on weekends with my clanmates. Now the missions I have in all ports nearby are against uptiered ships and cannot be completed solo (or not by player on my skill level with poor budget ships I have). I have really no interest in sailing to very limited number of neutral ports to be ganked in every mission I can get.

I am not crying. I am used to pvp, losing ships and stuff from more hardcore games than this is, but I have lost an opportunity to chill in game after I get back from work. Not everybody has 5 hours a day to find AI fleets. I see your point you did this to stimulate OW pvp and prevent people from sitting in safe zones (as I do when playing solo and leveling), but you have removed an option for insta PVE action for casual players.

+1,000

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Why remove the ability for us to chose our mission ship rate? Makes no sense when you need to level a specific rate ship and have no missions for that rate!

Why no more MP CoOP Fleet Missions?  My clan has now died as that was our favorite activity and we are still too small and new to initiate PB's and rarely have enough online to attack PvPers near enemy ports!

The fleet missions helped our new players to work as a team with multiple ships and helped us level and rank up our newer and weaker members!

Large groups of bots are sailing in the OW for group activities
+
Kill missions automatically turn into fleet missions if more players join the mission.

4 hours ago, Porpoise said:

If you are interested in kill missions then - Find the port that gives missions fitting your desires and rank and move there. Kill missions are structured events requiring a particular ship and have 5 level of difficulties
There are 5 groups of ports now and each group gives different type of mission.

• Shallow - always gives 6-7 rate missions (difficulty depend on city type)
  • National Capital -
    • 6-7 rates class
    • 1-2 stars diffucutly
  • Normal port -
    • 3rd - 5th rates class
    • 1-2-3 stars difficulty
  • County (regional) capital -
    • 1st - 4th rates class
    • 1 2 3 4 stars difficulty
  • Free town -
    • 1st - 5th rates class
    • 3-4-5 star difficulty (best rewards)

If you dont want structured missions - do hunts and search destroy missions for the open world. They dont have ship limitations and you can hunt lynxes in your 1st rate. Those missions give better rewards and better chests.

• Like 1

Please give us back the ability to set Kill Mission ship rates ourselves like before the patch in any port...

My clan primarily does fleet missions together with the same rate ships... Me and my clan members also operate out of our main port currently and cannot spend time sailing around and seperating to different ports to find Kill missions with appropriate rate ships?

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 2

First off I lost Rum Rations knowledge, it's not available to me anymore and I didn't get a book in redeemables either.

Second, the new missions made me very unhappy. I used them to grind slots on ships (being a PvE peasant and all), or to set up 1 vs many battles for myself. Now, mission selection is limited, and missions themselves are out of whack. I.e. a one-star kill mission for a 3rd rate ship involves killing a 2nd rate. Don't know if I can do it very well in a bellona with no slots unlocked... and anyway it doesn't sound like the "easiest available" mission.

Please bring the old missions back.

2 minutes ago, Ahoy H.R. Matey said:

First off I lost Rum Rations knowledge, it's not available to me anymore and I didn't get a book in redeemables either.

I believe it's now "Drinking".  I liked it better as Rum Rations.  The kill missions are more challenging but the hunt missions might do it for you.  Also, apparently the missions are easier from Capitol zones.  Cant confirm that as i'm a Prussian.

Some of my friends started to play the game, and unfortunately the update makes it quite unplayable for them.

Very few kill missions corresponding to very low level (6th rate) can be found or repeated at the capital. If new players can not farm low-level NPC then they will simply never level up in any decent amount of time.

Expecting newbies to go travel near hostile islands or do PVP in order to get EXP in a basic cutter is a no-no. Even having to travel to allied ports just to see what missions are available makes them want to quit.

Make the low-level experience better, not more rough. Make like 2-3 low level missions (6th rank) always available at any port. 

Keep in mind our nation does not have any shallow water port available nearby, and telling newbie to  spend 5 hours travelling to the other side of the map to a free town in shallow water is once again a no-no.

Edited by Azzak
  • Like 3

Bring back (include) the old style “Combat Missions”, they were just better, easier, simpler PvE. 

Could list a thousand “why” reasons but forum has already, no need to wait a month to revaluate, save pop today.

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I believe it's now "Drinking".  I liked it better as Rum Rations.  The kill missions are more challenging but the hunt missions might do it for you.  Also, apparently the missions are easier from Capitol zones.  Cant confirm that as i'm a Prussian.

Drinking is the boarding book, it used to be called "grog rations". Rum rations is +Reload, +Rudder turn time, -Accuracy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Bring back (include) the old style “Combat Missions”, they were just better, easier, simpler PvE. 

Could list a thousand “why” reasons but forum has already, no need to wait a month to revaluate, save pop today.

+1

I think I found a bug, or how else should I call it? I accepted mission in home port, Fort Royal (hence it is an easy one, I did not know yet about connection port - difficulty and rate level of missions yet), about finding and destroying 8 privateers.

My first sinking of such privateer did not appear in the counter, as shown by this screen shot. People in global chat on PvE tell me the result shows immediately in their missions and also the executing ship type does not matter (I used an Indiaman, but wasn't on one when accepting mission).

dybcivdcy63o1efvw.jpg

Screenshot shows the history list has the battle details about sinking one privateer (last entry). Note the mission ledger did not accept the result, for any reason.