Game-Labs Forum

Green on Green to deny a PVP mark

Fleet of 6 British Tagged 3 french. Only 1 British ship was in range of the french ships at the start of the battle. After losing sails and escape no longer attainable to Brontus (the french ship that was taged). the 2 french players (Wolf74  and Brontes) proceeded to fire on each other. Wolf74 Leak Sank Brontes. When questioned and informed Green on Green Damage was unacceptable they both admitted that the sole purpose of the act was to deny PVP marks to the attacking ships. image.thumb.png.97e00976ba2b8fddcb15c4c87077daac.pngimage.thumb.png.21501c4f95bb7bac1ce89e67c972a071.png

The Above Screenshot was taken 3 seconds after the first one posted. In it you can see after the first Broadside did not do enough to sink him Brontus and Wolf74 turned left so Worf74 would have an easier time putting leaks into Brontus and this would also sink him faster as he would then be turning into the leaks. 

While both French players had an agreement to fire on one another. Their sole intent was to deny as many PVP marks to the British players as they could. This was just an act of spite. The Game has a surrender button. If you just wish to save time because you know all is lost then hit surrender. Using Friendly fire to sink each other for the purpose of denying PVP marks is nothing more then defensive griefing. 

Edited by NinjaShoes

There is clear precedence that scuttling ships is allowed, and consensual green-on-green is allowed. 

As the rules stand now, there is nothing here for the Tribunal to judge.

If you want to change the rules, make a suggestion topic.

If you want your enemy to fight back, then don't gank. If you gank for easy PvP-marks, then do it better, or expect your enemies to seek any way to deny you your prizes.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

So ganking more honorable ans doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth? Try to be objective, please... I would personally reward players with PvP marks that deny rewards from gankers. 

What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is raw, unprocessed salt that is usually mined and produced in this game, how about end ganks through stricter ROE, and at the same time  reflect team damage so the only person you can kill is yourself if you want to green on green.

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

how about end ganks through stricter ROE

Have something particular in mind? (I'm not kidding; I wish for anti-gank ROE in patrol zones thinking you OW heroes didn't want anti-sandbox stuff everywhere.)

i have inquired with ink on this matter and hope to have a resolution to all the loopholes in the green on green conflicts, as it stands right now in the game rules green on green is forbidden that rule has not changed, doing so intentionally is against this rule. i have not seen a rule on scuttling during pvp combat added the games rule set. till then i'd advise on not continuing this type of behavior till ink or other devs get back to us on this issue

12 minutes ago, Aster said:

This is the current ruling from admin.

Scuttling ships to deny them to the enemy happened in history as well. We do not consider this an exploit.

It's well known that when the french started to lose at Trafalgar they began firing on each other just to make sure the Brits wouldn't get any pvp marks.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, NinjaShoes said:

Fleet of 6 British Tagged 3 french. Only 1 British ship was in range of the french ships at the start of the battle. After losing sails and escape no longer attainable to Brontus (the french ship that was taged). the 2 french players (Wolf74  and Brontes) proceeded to fire on each other. Wolf74 Leak Sank Brontes. When questioned and informed Green on Green Damage was unacceptable they both admitted that the sole purpose of the act was to deny PVP marks to the attacking ships.

x

x

The Above Screenshot was taken 3 seconds after the first one posted. In it you can see after the first Broadside did not do enough to sink him Brontus and Wolf74 turned left so Worf74 would have an easier time putting leaks into Brontus and this would also sink him faster as he would then be turning into the leaks. 

While both French players had an agreement to fire on one another. Their sole intent was to deny as many PVP marks to the British players as they could. This was just an act of spite. The Game has a surrender button. If you just wish to save time because you know all is lost then hit surrender. Using Friendly fire to sink each other for the purpose of denying PVP marks is nothing more then defensive griefing. 

Maybe instead of sailing in your gank fleets, sail in smaller groups, get better in the game and fight equal fights, but I guess thats the last thing you guys will try.

But I admit ganking is a part of the game, e.g. british squadron chasing uss constitution, so I kind of feel that it cant have a mechanic that works against it efficently, only signaling perk that makes the lower br side open for a certain amount of time for backup.

But it isnt healthy at all for the gameplay experience compared to an equal fight

Edited by Guest