Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

36 minutes ago, Cabral said:

I said only for a few hours. And is not better to advise the one that makes many quit than keep him?

"The one".

Indeed Capitol camping, sealclubbing, broken ships (or mechanics) NEVER happened before Le Requin and me using her. Right?

It is impossible I shocked so much GB playerbase. Or did I?

How in the hell USA resisted MONTHS being farmed even more by even more unbeatable enemies??

PS:

If I remember correctly with the rich GB nicely helping any possible raider of US coast or proposing humiliating surrender. Ahhh... Got it! You were well happy Prussians and Pirates sinking dozens of americans a day... So they were not sinking you in Jamaica.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
PS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, huliotkd said:

PVP, as i explained some post before, isn't only arena fights...go to Naval Action Legend, go back to Sea Trials or go to World of Warship...those are games fitted for you.

Yes, we know... See things your way or GTFO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Yes, we know... See things your way or GTFO.

It is not "his way or GTFO".

It is understanding what an arena game, what a MMO, what a PvP ow game.

It is like saying that a detailed WWII simulation is bad because italian army is weaker than German one, USSR is too big, or that USA industrial output is too high ("nerf USA industrial output!" - have you and idea of the people laughing?).

It really seems like people just do not understand that the PvE server has no content. You can play there for a few days but then it gets boring. There is no content and no risk.

PvE players on the PvP server are not expecting to never get attacked. They just expect to harvest and transfer some basic resources in Safety in their own home waters. They expect to be able to do a combat mission in their home waters without an enemy Le Requin showing up in their mission.

To get the best woods for building ships you MUST leave the safe zone. I think if loot on AI fleets was nerfed it would solve the problem of leaving the safe zones.

Traders leave the safe zone for the best materials and others would leave the safe zone for the best loot.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, do not say dlc said:

In a game like that, you will be that guy killing ppl at spawn point.

Which part of "detailed simulation" you missed? I think you're talking about something else.

If you're talking about war FPS (like my old beloved WWIIonline or the simpler H&G) please note that spawn camping is considered fair: it is team fault if your spawn got camped... Spawn camper are not considered griefing. And spawning in a camped spot... Makes you the stupid not the poor victim.

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

If you're talking about war FPS (like my old beloved WWIIonline or the simpler H&G) please note that spawn camping is considered fair: it is team fault if your spawn got camped... Spawn camper are not considered griefing. And spawning in a camped spot... Makes you the stupid not the poor victim.

No, that just makes you the Player that most people hate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

No, that just makes you the Player that most people hate

If speaking of NA: Great honour.

Still weird. I do remember a bunch of veterans camping to death well more nations and players than me. By far.

If speaking of war FPS: no hate, ever, I remember.

In WWIIonline there were some cities where the vehicular spawn can be gunned from a nearby hill. It was strategic for attacker getting there his artillery and lock down enemy vehicles... And it was strategic for defender conquest and defend that hill.

Plain and simple. If you spawned a tank while the spawn is gunned you got insulted by mates because you're wasting a precious tank and not reading radio channels where it was stated it was camped. Is it so weird?

I suspect people in NA is a bit too relaxed and used to a confortable gamestyle.

8 hours ago, tonyxyx said:

No just no,this is your team abomination.I think we're exagerating here,no way in the universe this should have happened with all those guns and ships but yet it happened.Have you wonder what mistakes your team made to let this happen?Have you examinated your gameplay to see mistakes and to correct them?No, why should i bother doing this when i can simply blame the Admin?

What are you talking about? I do not have any team, I am alone. 

Le req spawns 5 meters in front of me, I can not move, can not turn, got chain boarded by 500-600 crew in my 200 crew Herc. 

Consti joined, I joined to save him, I got boarded sunk, consti boarded sunk, buc joins afterds, snow joins after, belle poule joins after and Ocean joined last. All got boarded one by one and sunk except Ocean. 

There is no team... There are individuals, joining different times with no comms, against 5-6 le reqs just next to Capitol zone. 

It is abomination (red sail) , I dare you to bring your team of 5-6 ships, any ship other than Le Req, come tag brit players just near capitol waters of KPR, we can discuss battle results on the forum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Still weird. I do remember a bunch of veterans camping to death well more nations and players than me. By far.

Oh the old, but but look they did it too defence. It's a dick move to camp capitals and you know it, especially in some fully mod stacked 5m Requin. You only do it for exact reason you pointed out, most number of kills in limited amount of time with least risk,  but you left out the reason. To see your name in lights on the PVP board at the end of the day.

One of the best things a game like this can do get rid of the stupid scoreboard and remove PVP marks from reinforcement zones even better allocate the PVP marks to the poor new guy you just sunk trying to do missions and learn the game.

Edited by William Wade

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

What are you talking about? I do not have any team, I am alone. 

Le req spawns 5 meters in front of me, I can not move, can not turn, got chain boarded by 500-600 crew in my 200 crew Herc. 

Consti joined, I joined to save him, I got boarded sunk, consti boarded sunk, buc joins afterds, snow joins after, belle poule joins after and Ocean joined last. All got boarded one by one and sunk except Ocean. 

There is no team... There are individuals, joining different times with no comms, against 5-6 le reqs just next to Capitol zone. 

It is abomination (red sail) , I dare you to bring your team of 5-6 ships, any ship other than Le Req, come tag brit players just near capitol waters of KPR, we can discuss battle results on the forum. 

We came on Bellonas. Majority of times: no one dared to sail (we have nice pics of a chain of bellona "closing" KPR channel).

One time we got sunk. Other times we more or less won.

Still: do you have an idea of the ratio reward/(time+risk)?

Post Scriptum during testing phase of development had usual problem of FPS dick heads killing own players in spawn/depot area and of course spawn campers from other side. They fixed it immediate  by making all weapons ineffective, throw a grenade in the zone at another player it just vaporizes. 

Maybe that's one reason why PS has around 3,500 players during peak and NA has 500 it allowed new players to actually get a start and play the game in safety without some dick in a Tiger tank blasting them when they spawn. 

Edited by William Wade

30 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Oh the old, but but look they did it too defence

I never use the "they did" defense.

I am defending from them not liking this playstyle.

It's a dick move to camp capitals and you know it, especially in some fully mod stacked 5m Requin

Arent you using too super modded ships? I read a few minutes ago you do.*EDIT* cross read with William Death***

I am not an old recognized elite veteran pvper and so I shouldnt dare?

You only do it for exact reason you pointed out, most number of kills in limited amount of time with least risk

Is it wrong min/max-ing?

Sidenote: thanks to this intensive farming I got my AoSH. I'll get some other nice stuff too... And get some reserves too. I am keeping all my ship geared this way. Is it wrong?

How did many pvper get their shining stuff? Farming PvE? Some.

And the others? I do not think RUBLIs went farming AI fleets to get back super rare copper plating and other nice stuff for their Wasa stardestroyers in the very seldom chance they ever lost one. Wasnt it fine?

And I take way too many risks: on the contrary I would lose like a Requin every 40+ days. Not a few in a couple days as happened to me previous month.

I dare for the trill of the hunt, and the trill of hitting and run.

but you left out the reason. To see your name in lights on the PVP board at the end of the day.

I didnt start for this.

Again: for the trill first. Then to upkeep my fleet. Only later leaderboard became of, reduced (plain truth) interest. Leaderboard is more a fair race among clanmates.

BTW: didnt I propose to nerf Requin to be a 5th rate? wasnt I sayng the problem were the mods?

Didnt I write about needing to rework pvp rewards to be function of enemy rank, enemy ship value? And giving a bonus sinking people in leaderboard? And to hard nerf traders pvp value?

Where were all elite pvper in these discussions? Busy defending the status quo and the super crappiness of hullhugging, sterncamping and mast snapping.

One of the best things a game like this can do get rid of the stupid scoreboard

It could be a nice idea.

remove PVP marks from reinforcement zones even better allocate the PVP marks to the poor new guy you just sunk trying to do missions and learn the game.

Dont try the "I am a good guy" argument.

The halo of a Saint is not well fitting on a "William Wade" nor on any pros here.

Didnt you say you attack any potential target? Are you and other élites only allowed to? Why shouldnt I do the same you (and others) did for years? You used the "it s an old defense" about "others did" (no. You did and do too).***EDIT*** again cross read with William Death's post.

But you didnt reply. So again: why?

Reworked due to cross reading wrongly

I've never camped enemy capital ports or even reinforcement zones looking for easy kills in any ship. If anyone can provide a screenshot I'd like to see it. Last time I was near a capital was with Templar and Carlos using Bellonas and I was in a WASA against 15 or more pirates and that was months ago. 

Do I use super modded ships, no I usually sell them or give them away hence the Trinc on auction, I don't have time to use them. 

5 minutes ago, William Wade said:

I've never camped enemy capital ports or even reinforcement zones looking for easy kills in any ship. If anyone can provide a screenshot I'd like to see it. Last time I was near a capital was with Templar and Carlos using Bellonas and I was in a WASA against 15 or more pirates and that was months ago. 

Do I use super modded ships, no I usually sell them or give them away hence the Trinc on auction, I don't have time to use them. 

As I stated: I cross read William Death and William Wade reading both posts one after the other.

Still the point remains. I expose myself and ask why I shouldnt. 90+% elite pvpers stay silent... Or only "nerf Requin" crap («shit I cant sail anymore a modded super ship!» crap); when no American was able to sail out of CT all commending RUBLIs skill. And when I said "mast snapping" is crap... Usual reply was "L2P" or engineering/historical silly arguments.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

As I stated: I cross read William Death and William Wade reading both posts one after the other.

Still the point remains. I expose myself and ask why I shouldnt. 90+% elite pvpers stay silent... Or only "nerf Requin" crap («shit I cant sail anymore a modded super ship!» crap); when no American was able to sail out of CT all commending RUBLIs skill. And when I said "mast snapping" is crap... Usual reply was "L2P" or engineering/historical silly arguments.

When the player base is reduced to the regular names on this forum and their alts you and others like you who camp capitals for easy kills might  finally get it. Until then do as you please I have a kid to feed and get ready to go out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, William Wade said:

When the player base is reduced to the regular names on this forum and their alts you and others like you who camp capitals for easy kills might  finally get it

I think you over evaluate my power. Still I did not remember the same harsh posts in times of other unbeatable metas.

3 minutes ago, William Wade said:

I have a kid to feed and get ready to go out.

Good evening/day. Farewell

11 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Because attacking another raider in enemy waters is PLAIN STUPID.

1. because, as I stated previously, a supermodded 15+ mil trinco is worth (marks wise) like a shabby one.

2. because a "fair fight" could end in any moment IF the local fleet (GB in this case) join en-masse on side or the other.

So it's plain stupid.

And you don't think those casuals players just doing some AI missions didn't spend millions on there own ships so they can better kill AI.  Remember some folks AI's are actually hard and a challenged still as they aren't expert elite PvPers, but buy your very words your a CAREBEAR.  You don't want to take risk on your highly expensive set up so you only club what's easy and has little risk.   Sounds like a bunch of cowards excuse why they won't fight each other and the fact they prob actually suck at PvP if they where put up against a real challenge than clubbing a bunch of casuals at the capital ports. 

Cause lets all be honest that is the reason folks do it.  Low risk high reward when they group up and go club.  We need to remove that option so they have no other choice but to go PvP each other in PvP hot zones that we can make our selves (we don't need PvP Patrol Zones).  Again I'm going to say this, go put hostility on Cart, Ezo, Little Harbour or any other major money making port of a nation and you will get your PvP in not safe zones, but it's cause y'all are lazy and don't want a challenge.

• Like 1

I think that safe zones are important for the new/casual gamer, but I think there are a lack of incentives to force players to leave the safe zone. In order for PvPer's  to stop hunting capital zones, we need a lot more players venturing out into the open world.  

In the larger nations, players have access to most of the necessary resources for crafting and they can tag AI fleets to loot expensive books. The only incentives for a non-PvP player to leave the safe zone are to craft better ships at capturable ports (which can be done by teleporting) or to gather rare resources. I would vote for 100% safe zones at nation capitals if more things were done to force players to sail in dangerous waters. For example, capital area ports could be used as "hubs" for commerce, but produce no resources. This would force players to venture into dangerous waters if they want to craft ships/cannons/upgrades etc. I would also like to see valuable books/upgrades nerfed from safe zone battles (including tagging AI ships). 

Players should not be allowed to get rich and prosper in the game in the safety of their own capital area imo. The developers originally intended the reinforcement zones to be a place where players can gain xp and recoup the costs of losing ships in the OW. But its turned into the place where everything is done. I think in order to make the most people happy, both sides need to give up things they value.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Again I'm going to say this, go put hostility on Cart, Ezo, Little Harbour or any other major money making port of a nation and you will get your PvP in not safe zones, but it's cause y'all are lazy and don't want a challenge.

In most cases, this will just result in a port battle. A lot of times, there are not enough people available (whether offline or busy doing other stuff in the game) to stop a hostility grind. Especially in the shallow ports where the enemy grinds in SoLs. Doing PvE to get PvP will mostly likely get your RvR instead :) 

Edited by Capn Rocko

21 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I think that safe zones are important for the new/casual gamer, but I think there are a lack of incentives to force players to leave the safe zone. In order for PvPer's  to stop hunting capital zones, we need a lot more players venturing out into the open world.  

The game needs more players full stop, but will never have them unless dickhead vet players stop seal clubbing new players around capitals to start with! Why it so hard for gamers to understand that, idiots. People over fish and then complain there are no fish outside of reinforcement areas. 

Give new and casual players a chance, remove PVP rewards from reinforcement zones. That will force likes of Licinio to actually go out and hunt instead of camping KPR in a 5m mod stacked Requin..

Not everyone has 4 hours a day to git gud with little cartoon ships and never will if they don't get the chance to experience the game without being clubbed in what should be safe zones.

Edited by William Wade

10 minutes ago, William Wade said:

The game needs more players full stop, but will never have them unless dickhead vet players stop seal clubbing new players around capitals to start with! Why it so hard for gamers to understand that, idiots. People over fish and then complain there are no fish outside of reinforcement areas. 

Give new players a chance, remove PVP rewards from reinforcement zones. That will force likes of Licinio to actually go out and hunt instead of camping KPR in a 5m mod stacked Requin..

As I said:

make the zones 100% safe but give the players more incentive to leave the zones. 

If you can't agree with that, then I have nothing more to say to you. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

@Licinio Chiavari perhaps at a certain point of your NA career, when you have farmed enough noobs you will realize, that it's actually bad for the game. 

Until then, fair winds. o7

I am sure you got the today 80 marks (and similar amount often) only during fair duels and only against people of your skill and gear.

Moreover I am sure you never tagged a noob nor never ganked anybody in your NA career.

Fair winds you too.

PS: understood! NA vets destroyed the game farming noobs for years... Now they got it is not good for the game... keep defending existing metas (never ever have to adapt. Right?)... and now cry and shout to people doing what they did for YEARS that it is not good for the game.

Linear.

PS