Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

16 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

Excuse me admin, but if you are trying to say, that (some) captured NPC ships are able to compete with herc or requinn, then you more or less completely lost your sense on the game.

The problem you´re addressing is that the majority atm consists of players, who have played for a long time, and thus have earned/stored lots of money and stuff...

No. You were saying that we have new players to.

I was saying that they must learn.

17 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

Excuse me admin, but if you are trying to say, that (some) captured NPC ships are able to compete with herc or requinn, then you more or less completely lost your sense on the game.

What is your nick name in game. I have the guy who will take you on these words in a duel in a captured NPC ship (of his choice). We will see if you are right in action. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, admin said:

What is your nick name in game. I have the guy who will take you on this words in a duel in a captured NPC ship (of his choice).
I hope you can confirm your statements by your actions like a man :)

I´m sorry I can´t, since I´m unwilling to use the Herc nor the Requinn, because imo, they are p2w and I refuse to support that.

(Haven´t used the Herc note yet and only sailed Requinn once, bc I wanted to know, what it looked like)

Edited by Gott365

1 hour ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Would never have bought it if it required that. First of all, and after so many hours and years playing all my ships were built by others or, better, crafted as thank you tokens or simply captured from the enemy. The DLC simple "removed" the need for a fence to fix me. And by that I say, it fixed a lot of solo play - which whether you want or not is the majority of players. e.g. login during the weekend, sail and fight during a nice afternoon. Logoff.

But I totally agree on the "special woods" being readily available to build it.

I am not sailing the DLCs for the moment being. Waiting sitting on my hands watching the evolution. But hat's my own decision, and mine alone. I rather play a sim than a gear based mmo. Gladly I still can play other ships and go roving with the gang.

Roving with the gang while the whole "gang" plays herc and le requinn. Invalid statement incomming.

19 minutes ago, admin said:

You can capture NPC 6th rates and 5th rates for free a lot more often than DLC buyers can redeem their vessel. Thus if you use captured ships (some of them can be quite good) you also have no risk apart from losing the ship that you can replace for free IMMEDIATELY (not the next day). 

Woo \o/ ! Lets throw all the capured Sabicu,Fir,mahagony log / Crewspace ships at the white live, white teak Hercs ! 

And for all those guys who think I´m just a Pve/RvR player should remind , that even I play Pvp.

Even so I got the Herc Dlc and wouldn´t have a problem with a larger cooldown or collecting ress to build it.

Good winds

Nuka

3 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

I´m sorry I can´t, since I´m unwilling to use the Herc nor the Requinn, because imo, they are p2w and I refuse to support that.

We can give you the note (i got one from the epic event recently). 
Or you retract your statement that NO captured 5th rate can take on Herc or Le requinn?

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

What is your nick name in game. I have the guy who will take you on these words in a duel in a captured NPC ship (of his choice). We will see if you are right in action. 

with all due respect, try the same experiment in a PB.

Requins v rattlers and princes.

1 minute ago, admin said:

We can give you the note (i got one from the epic event recently). 
Or you retract your statement that NO captured 5th rate can take on Herc or Le requinn?

IG name is Gott365 aswell, give me some time though, since I never sailed her before.

5 minutes ago, Nuka said:

oving with the gang while the whole "gang" plays herc and le requinn. Invalid statement incomming.

Using a shop Snow :) 

Rest of the guys are a mix of Xebecs, Herc, and Princes.

Argument more than valid when a shop Snow ( Oak Crew Space ) plus a Prince, int he very first battle face a Aggammenon and win by the skin of their bones.

Now she is of age. She deserved a few captured refits, but remains a shop build.

Have fun with your game. I know what I do with mine.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Btw, before you give me Moscalb or Privateer or any of those PVP cracks as opponent, maybe try out my statement yourself...lets make it a 1v1 you vs me, Herc vs NPC ship.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, admin said:

7th and 6th rates were buffed - not to the contrary. The 5th rates remained where they were. You are saying something different. You are saying 5th rates were nerfed. We announced that we will buff all 7th rates and 6th rates quite a while ago.

The 7th and 6th rates were not as good as we wanted them to be. Maybe you wanted them to be somewhere else, but remember there are thousands of opinions here. 

So explain to me how this hotfix solves the problem of a 6th rate LaRequin can hug to death a Constitution without the fear of being boarded? How did it fix the problem that the La Requin with its very low BR makes it to OP for port battles? 

Without fixing the to low BR an d ability to have over 300 crew you have wasted your time and mine.

32 minutes ago, admin said:

You can capture NPC 6th rates and 5th rates for free a lot more often than DLC buyers can redeem their vessel. Thus if you use captured ships (some of them can be quite good) you also have no risk apart from losing the ship that you can replace for free IMMEDIATELY (not the next day). 

That may be true, However a HUGE sideeffect is that the need for smaller crafted ships are diminished as you can redeem a very good ship of your choice Or 2 if you bought both DLC thus removing any need to buy ships from crafters.

Most players that craft ships at the start can only craft smaller ships thus you are making it harder (yet) again for non PVP players and crafters as you make it easier to replace ships which in effect give the smaller DLC ships little to no value and as stated Modules and cannons are the only real cost in risking your ship and some players have way to much money and resources to care about that.

17 minutes ago, admin said:
  • You can capture dozens (might take max 10 mins per ship) of free NPC ships per day. Assuming you know a good hunting spot and have a boarding fitted vessel (as NPCs cant counter boarding properly). Why no-one used YOLO free captured NPC ships before?
  • Some people prefer convinience  and might not play all if they dont have a ship. Would you prefer yolo opponents or no opponents?

15 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

I don't belive that. I have dedicated Le Requin and Hercules for RvR. The upgrades I have on those ships are not random and I have had 4/3 Hercules and I still have a 4/3 Le Requin that I redeemed. 

These are the points that I was trying to make. Most people do not use the DLC ships as YOLO ships because to get the best out of them you have to put on mods which are not cheap. Its these modded ones that cause the majority of the problems as they are difficult to catch and are very powerful. They are not just thrown away in battles like you would a capped ship, because of the cost of the mods.

I have found I can take more risks with the Le Requin and try my luck against bigger targets, but it is because I have it modded out and thus I have a good chance of escaping if things start going wrong rather than the fact that I can just redeem another one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

Btw, before you give me Moscalb or Privateer or any of those PVP cracks as opponent, maybe try out my statement yourself...lets make it a 1v1 you vs me, Herc vs NPC ship.

haha no
i have no sense in the game as you said - why should you fight a noob.. You will fight a pro, because if a pro loses then you are right, captured 5th rates have no chance, and action must be taken.

we will set up the duel room next week. Game is in early access - great time to test things. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Using a shop Snow :) 

Rest of the guys are a mix of Xebecs, Herc, and Princes.

Argument more than valid when a shop Snow ( Oak Crew Space ) plus a Prince, int he very first battle face a Aggammenon and win by the skin of their bones.

Now she is of age. She deserved a few captured refits, but remains a shop build.

Have fun with your game. I know what I do with mine. 

mhm , I could swear I saw 2 Prussians and one Pirate playing together at the spanish coast.

3 ships: 2 hercs and 1 surprise ( Rover , R0ver ) , maybe I missed all the other mixxed "princes snows ...." between those 3 ships, Maybe I should wear glasses next time O.O?

btw Admin:

Having 1 guy in the back who can deal with herc doesn´t mean all the others could do too.

This game should be playable for all players not some who bought the dlc´s, I think everyone should agree with that.

Edited by Nuka
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm happy to take on a duel like this. DLC ships are OP. I don't know of any capturable NPC ship which could beat a well equipped Herc. 

@Nuka You can check the recording of the stream of yesterday. 1 Snow, 2 Princes, 1 Xebec, 1 Hercules. ROVER, R0VER, R8VER. Pirates, prussians, americans. :)

Like another spanish fellow said the other day "rovery brits in prussian nation flying pirate flags". Best description ever.

My handle is the same everywhere, nothing to hide. Snappy salute. 

3 minutes ago, vazco said:

I'm happy to take on a duel like this. DLC ships are OP. I don't know of any capturable NPC ship which could beat a well equipped Herc. 

have you tried 6th rates after buffs yet?

4 minutes ago, vazco said:

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

have you tried 6th rates after buffs yet?

no they are to busy on here.......

8 minutes ago, vazco said:

Essex? Belle Poule? In good hands will seriously challenge Herc (which is a 5th rate too) and will most likely win against Le requin if running is prohibited for both parties..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

haha no
i have no sense in the game as you said - why should you fight a noob.. You will fight a pro, because if a pro loses then you are right, captured 5th rates have no chance.

we will set up the duel room next week. 

Believe it or not, I got little PVP experience myself. Out of my 1200hrs, most of them were trading, PVE and some RVR lately. I mean technically it would prove my point even more, when I managed to sink a PVP pro, but lets just assume it would be a everyday fight, someone who just got the Herc vs someone who just passed by, like in the OW.

3 minutes ago, Crow said:

says it all. never sailed yet has opinion thats its OP........

I sailed against it often enough, that I can make up my opinion. Not that I got sunk always, atm it´s more like 50:50, but most of the encounters weren´t 1v1´s ,so...

2 minutes ago, Gott365 said:

Believe it or not, I got little PVP experience myself. Out of my 1200hrs, most of them were trading, PVE and some RVR lately. I mean technically it would prove my point even more, when I managed to sink a PVP pro, but lets just assume it would be a everyday fight, someone who just got the Herc vs someone who just passed by, like in the OW.

I sailed against it often enough, that I can make up my opinion. Not that I got sunk always, atm it´s more like 50:50, but most of the encounters weren´t 1v1´s ,so...

so your 50/50 vs dlc ships on 1v1.

How then are they OP. I wish i was 50/50 at 1v1 against DLC ships!