Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

15 minutes ago, admin said:

But we are considering having other models for existing first rates as an cosmetic imported option (for example we could add a older classic version of HMS Victory with balconies on the stern). 

Open stern galleries for the Victory as she was before her last refit!!!! You oaks will be my new Heroes for life!!!!!! And original paint scheme? You guys are the Bomb!!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, admin said:

1st rates and 2nd rates can only be crafteable. 

But we are considering having other models for existing first rates as an cosmetic imported option (for example we could add a older classic version of HMS Victory with balconies on the stern). 

Are there Plans for:

- More Ship types (there are tons of suggestions)?

- a possibility to individualize own ships (own paintjobs, sail color...)?

I feel a little bored as all ship look absolutely identical.

Edited by RedPanther

@z4ys 20€ per ship is logical after having stable thousands playing the game.

Many players are afraid to pay for the base game, even during sales just because of negative reviews. As I am sure they already paid for early access failures before, and learnt their lessons. 

My idea is to go for, as stated above, light and limited editions to increase numbers, and after some player base, give them dlc ships. 

On the other hand, I am so exicited for this patch. 

I hope we will be happy, buy some DLCs, so developers can hire 1-2 more programmers to implement more PVE/Coop/Missions, some more CONTENT into the game. 

I will not buy ALTs, OP ships like Hercules. I hate P2W, will never pay for anything take gives me more advantage over others. 

Imported ships should be slightly inferior to crafted ships, that I would love to see. 

• Like 1

When will you realize that the possibility of changing the nation can not be considered as DLC? It's stupid. It is not so difficult to realize that it is one of the reasons that has caused that enough people do not return to join the game. 

6 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Imported ships should be slightly inferior to crafted ships, that I would love to see. 

higher change of rng inbuilds/ slots and regardless if captured port or capital ( regarding the upcoming chnages) would already be enough in my opinion. They dont need to be op in sailing profil, hp or whatever

• Like 1

Just now, z4ys said:

higher change of rng inbuilds/ slots and regardless if captured port or capital ( regarding the upcoming chnages) would already be enough in my opinion. They dont need to be op in sailing profil, hp or whatever

i agree imported ships should be balanced against craftable ships, but rng for inbuilds and slots could be better

35 minutes ago, admin said:

1st rates and 2nd rates can only be crafteable. 

Maybe do some new skins so that the stats are the same, but they look differently from the out side.  That way they don't become OP or weaker than there craftable versions in game.  You still have to craft one, but if you buy the DLC you can put the paint/skin on it to get the new look.

10 minutes ago, RedPanther said:

Are there Plans for:

- More Ship types (there are tons of suggestions)?

- a possibility to individualize own ships (own paintjobs, sail color...)?

I feel a little bored as all ship look absolutely identical.

Yah we really need paints to return, way to many ships look bland and to much a like. I loved back when we got them with event and PB chest as an little added reward.  They really need to return as in game rewards and maybe part of some package.

10 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

So connie will be updated or it will be like LGV and LGV refit?

They could do a bunch of refits, Indianman is one I would love to see a refit of to make it less cargo but more tanky to bring into fights. 

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

i agree imported ships should be balanced against craftable ships, but rng for inbuilds and slots could be better

point is if premium ships are not "good" they cannot be sold at good prices.

I.e. if you want to charge 20 Euros for a single premium ship and you make it a "meh ship" you just will not sell them and then the very reason of the DLC will be frustrated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

3 new third rates won the last pool. Also Diana, a spanish frigate, should be on the works. Pandora, Christian VII. Hope we get more because it would be awesome.

Paints will come again. 

They prob should of just gave us the Diana for testing the DCL items since we all get it any way on the release.  That way folks that don't have the current ships can still get one DLC ship to play with.   Now I think of it every one gets one Herc free for pasting the test.  You just need to buy the DLC to get more of them.  I think the missions one needs to be a redeemable when rewarded to keep from trading the notes like many folks have done so they have multi version of it.  Hell I still got three alts to unlock it on and i plan to just trade the notes to the two main chars.

8 minutes ago, pepepotamo said:

When will you realize that the possibility of changing the nation can not be considered as DLC? It's stupid. It is not so difficult to realize that it is one of the reasons that has caused that enough people do not return to join the game. 

YOu can change nations any time you want, just delete you char and make a new one and than do the Exam and you will get half your levels back. That is how you have to do it in most other games that don't have DLC you can buy to change faction or even simple stuff as sex/race of your char.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I really don't like the idea. What if:

1) Enemy or your ship leaves the tagging circle (out of range after attack click), do you still get the cooldown?

2) Better positioning is very important when ships come from different directions or attacker needs to turn to follow the attacked ship. Turn rate is very important during the tag and ships with better turn rate can really screw up tagging. For instance a snow with 6-7 or whatever turn rate is will easily turn around when attacked by a 5th rates with 3-4 turn rate. You cannot follow that fast turning while tagging.

they should reduce tagging circle + time. 8-5 secs

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Lots of players already have problems with a small circle due to:

1) Lags, delays, desyncs

2) Speed of ships & turning (very easy to get out of circle fast during tag)

Making circle smaller will just make things worse.

yeah your right. Smaller tag circle  would create problems. While tag time reduction could solve the problem you describe. But tag time reduction only would make counter tagging very strong.

15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

But tag time reduction only would make counter tagging very strong.

Although this would be a bit more realistic than magically teleport within fighting distance for OW. 

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

PLEASE remove the ability of the herc to enter shallow battles (and the requin).  The ability of the herc already has imbalanced PBS and OW fights in the shallows enough.  

Please no pay to win port battles.  

Free ships will be adjusted. I would start a topic what ships and how they can be adjusted to match those 2. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1