Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

6 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Sorry !?.... I am certain you have not tested the ship thoroughly, Sir. Whatever equipment aside, when a shop teak Cerberus extends from one at a steady pace, I really wonder where from do you take this "facts". But then can't a speed Bellona catch a Herc downwind ?... I bet a L'Hermione can... because i did it several times defending the "sorrow valley" of Jamaica. 1v1 i won't do anything, but who cares about 1v1... is all about piling in and defending the "newcomers", so a good tagger is a dead enemy.

- further -

Regarding Xebecs, they can't keep up with three of the traders broad reach, if they don't carry more than 70% cargo - indiaman, LGV, and TBrig. Seen it, been there, salute to the merchant captains.

I suggest you test the ships by using them yourself and go try to emulate "your worst enemy" - know your enemy, be victorious.

In your testing be objective, simulate scenarios with your buddies, don't use "popular myth and legend".

https://sites.google.com/view/speedtrials/all-chart

Compare the stock values  between Hercules and the others ships .  

Between 60° and 135° the Hercules is the faster frigate in game.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

In the current game, modules are life. And they do create interesting opportunities to purpose-build ships, so I think they should stay. It’s their availability and min-max potential that needs to be rebalanced.

Just saying. 

Some tweaking and purpose built is fine.

But we have chance to overstack them and some, mainly sail force one totally break ship speed balance (again: Requin at 15.5 at 130°, 15.5 Bellonas or Ingermanlands).

So they need to be totally nerf/rework them.

With less powerful mods will be also far easier to balance ships not having to bother too much about Perm/books effect on them and how they buff more or less a single ship.

Elite Pirate is a good example. Even totally broken as it is now (+30%!? Are you modding!?) it was not the total game breaker it is on a Requin.

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm not saying there doesn't need to be some rebalancing done to give more choices, but I wouldn't reduce the opportunity to customize ship builds for specific purposes just to satisfy people's bloodlust against the Requin and its sailing profile... ;) 

There's plenty people asking to nerf mods well before Requin time.

• Like 1

:( ... c'mon... we are almost there and she will be a nice ship, just a bit more fortitude... I want to sail her eventually when she is not op... but if she is not in the game... how can I ?... :( 

( always the ships but never ever the precious...my precious...mods and stuff...😣 )

10 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

:( ... c'mon... we are almost there and she will be a nice ship, just a bit more fortitude... I want to sail her eventually when she is not op... but if she is not in the game... how can I ?... :( 

( always the ships but never ever the precious...my precious...mods and stuff...😣 )

I think one of main issues with the Req would be fixed by making it a 5th rate, crew levels are a bit insane for a 6th using light ship hammocks.

Wasn't this the same reason herc was made a 5th?

Req.jpeg

Edited by Dibbler

Look, I will be direct as suggested by a fellow in another thread.

ALL SHIPS including the XEBEC:

- Remove the godamn permanent winkie pinkies mods and encyclopedias and whatnot from all ships and enjoy the ships as their architects planned them.

- have the chance to hire marines, etc, we have that already.

- select build woods

Simple. Simple. Simple. Yet we go round and round blaming the ship for what the mods and encyclopedias and books do to her.

Yet you want to massacre one ship is sake of keeping your precious little mods in all other ships.

I call it bulshit when you say the mods make the ship OP and you want to nerf the ship.

Have a good weekend. Hope a Barbary Coast horde of red sails invades every single stretch of the caribbean.

• Like 7

Let's try otherway.

«Dear Devs,

Yesterday me and a bunch of friends hunted down a lone Bellona.

We were sailing a mix of 10+ 4-5th rates all firfir. We were unable for the majority to catch him. Only three were able to close to the Bellona but he turned and sunk all three with a few broadsides.

Please devs, delete the Bellona: she is too powerful, she is OP and she makes smaller 4-5th rates having no uses.

Thank you in advance and best regards

Signed: A random causal player»

• Like 3

I'm a North American player, no worries, I thoroughly enjoy whooping Spanish players in my xebec, if you actually joined one of those PBs we had against the Spanish I'd definitely whoop your ass too.

Or do you just hang out at KPR in your xebec with your bud? Are you still upset we took the Belle Poule back?

1 minute ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I'm a North American player, no worries, I thoroughly enjoy whooping Spanish players in my xebec, if you actually joined one of those PBs we had against the Spanish I'd definitely whoop your ass too.

Or do you just hang out at KPR in your xebec with your bud? Are you still upset we took the Belle Poule back?

I had to enter 3 PBs with Requin. Something I totally dislike.  All 3 won. The last I got sunk quite fast. The first I used my raiding fir requin... And survived doing my part.

No worries at all with your Belle. It was funny what you did to get her back ,😂😂😂.

As usual I was right preferring to sink her.

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I had to enter 3 PBs with Requin. Something I totally dislike.  All 3 won. The last I got sunk quite fast. The first I used my raiding fir requin... And survived doing my part.

No worries at all with your Belle. It was funny what you did to get her back ,😂😂😂.

As usual I was right preferring to sink her.

I don't know to me it was automatic, it was pretty obvious you were going to haul it to whatever that port was. You running your mouth and flapping around trying to sink it was sort of pathetic though. So that's one, two, I don't usually read comments by people sailing in requins around safe areas, it's easy to, you know, get that seal clubbing bias going, so I think you're a scrub.

The only reason you survived is because you guys bored me and I attempted a tack with 180 crew at which point I got boarded by a guy with stacked marines, muskets and crap, both were at 60% sails and missing large chunks of their hulls.

That aside, I don't think we should be polluting this thread with our little squabble, hope to meet you soon in a safe zone near you.

6 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I don't know to me it was automatic, it was pretty obvious you were going to haul it to whatever that port was. You running your mouth and flapping around trying to sink it was sort of pathetic though. So that's one, two, I don't usually read comments by people sailing in requins around safe areas, it's easy to, you know, get that seal clubbing bias going, so I think you're a scrub.

The only reason you survived is because you guys bored me and I attempted a tack with 180 crew at which point I got boarded by a guy with stacked marines, muskets and crap, both were at 60% sails and missing large chunks of their hulls.

That aside, I don't think we should be polluting this thread with our little squabble, hope to meet you soon in a safe zone near you.

Didnt you say that you come in safe zones with a 5th to have a chance to run?

Now understood!

Using a Belle in safe zone isnt sealcubbing. Using a Requin is. Got it.