Game-Labs Forum

Players Take a Look at Yourselves

VonVolks

Just organise your comms properly. Everyone should know the people to listen to in a room for orders.

Everyone else is just passing out information to avoid collisions etc. Simples

Also helps to have one person on map duty keeping overall situational awareness, we typically just revolve damaged officers out of the fight and do this job.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, seanjo said:

Was this battle the reason EXILE have gone flouncing off in a hissy fit?

It was very rare of us to be at kpr for these reasons. Alot of People around kpr and in the brit nation think like this guy. They play for the fun of it and do not like taking stuff to serious. It is amazing how clans like armed and cka can go to a battle, loose all ships and say its for the fun of it. Sinking like an idiot is never fun. 

• Like 6

That is why many people were happy to see some EGO Balloons left the GB, who often insulted people, recklessly. Glad to see GB nation chat, and teamspeak to be clean and civilized again. 

Well actually I think you both are right. What differs is where you are on the journey. My personal expirience as a Leader was always to find the succes and build upon that. But people are at different level and should be build from that point. And what does that mean?

lets take Denmark. It was a mess. All RvR left. DNP tryed to rebuild it. We got oure ass kicked a lot. But insted of focus of the loss we focused on getting content, accepting we would get kicked a lot. A way to get better. Today we have Pb we want to win. Where we put a high standard, we judge us by. Like oure fight against Spain at Cayman. But we also have those that dosent matter. Where we get new player in ore try new stuff. Those we judge by an other standard. But always we focus on to find what was good.

12 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

That is why many people were happy to see some EGO Balloons left the GB, who often insulted people, recklessly. Glad to see GB nation chat, and teamspeak to be clean and civilized again. 

total rubbish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

more people are pissed off that your clan and others manged to aliienate our nations more active players .... maybe you should consider getting an ego rather than sitting in kpr .. crying for help on nation chat

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

total rubbish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

more people are pissed off that your clan and others manged to aliienate our nations more active players .... maybe you should consider getting an ego rather than sitting in kpr .. crying for help on nation chat

if you think taking an undefended port is cause for celebration and mutual back slapping .. i dont really want to be part of that

i also dont want to be part of a battle where another player doesnt want be part of the team and win ... it is not fun spending your time collecting the resources and upgrades to build a ship that is then lost ,, because someone else doesnt want to be a team player ..if you dont want to be part of the team stick to your pve ... then no one wouldmhave cause to upset your delicate feelings by insulting you in nation or ts

I must admit as a GB rvr player I am not happy with the loss of active players from our fleet and suspect rvr will not be a priority  for GB for some time as a result...

I play to win not take part I put a lot of time and effort in like a lot of others to ensure my port battle ships with best possible upgrades and woods possible it is NOT fun when half the fleet turn up in any old crap ship and think it's fun to get sunk in 10 minutes resulting in defeat and death of my and others best ships.

If you think turning up and getting beaten to death is fun you should try WINNING it's much MUCH better...

And when I do get defeated I literally  think about and try to analyse what went wrong and what I should have done for 2 days that isn't fun....but necessary  to get good.......

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spitfire83 said:

I must admit as a GB rvr player I am not happy with the loss of active players from our fleet and suspect rvr will not be a priority  for GB for some time as a result...

I play to win not take part I put a lot of time and effort in like a lot of others to ensure my port battle ships with best possible upgrades and woods possible it is NOT fun when half the fleet turn up in any old crap ship and think it's fun to get sunk in 10 minutes resulting in defeat and death of my and others best ships.

If you think turning up and getting beaten to death is fun you should try WINNING it's much MUCH better...

And when I do get defeated I literally  think about and try to analyse what went wrong and what I should have done for 2 days that isn't fun....but necessary  to get good.......

20 euro dlc is all it takes :) once cka, armed and GA are extinct we will consider returning to gb. The server merge was good for GB but we got a shit ton of players that have the tactical know how of a second lieutenant..... I have limited time but I will try to take the ports we can that hurt them the most. The will soon have no other ports other than Belize and kpr. 

30 minutes ago, Spitfire83 said:

I play to win not take part I put a lot of time and effort in like a lot of others to ensure my port battle ships with best possible upgrades and woods possible...

... get good.......

Never read something so honest here :) and its true. Praise the gank, alt and screening tactics to ensure victory.

B6B43179006CBF9DFA690739D7861F0A74A3AA6B

If you think turning up and getting beaten to death is fun you should try WINNING it's much MUCH better..

. this is the battle that started the thread ...... funny how those that wouldnt come on TS and were posting .. "chill out i dont need to be on TS its only a game " .. didnt get beaten to dearh they didnt lose their ships .. because they didnt get close enough to engage .. and as we started to lose ships because they were not on ts .. playing as a team they just hit the escape button .. also look at those that escaped the ships they were sailing.. these players are from the same clans that call .. the guys from exile and others  EGO balloons ...

its not about  ego its about giving yourself a chance

• Like 3

@Grundgemunkey you talk rubbish... My clan is BCC, a true gentleman's club, which is mostly inactive nowadays. Never seen any of my clan mates alienate anyone.

People get alienated due to consequences of their own actions. We are mature and civilized players, we won't insult anyone. Good day to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spitfire83 said:

You should prepare to win, you owe that to the players that you play with. The better prepared the higher chance for succes. So find player that do the same and play with them. Let casual players play with casual players.

Is it more fun to win. In general yes. But lots of the funniest fight I have had have been the though one and also those I lost. No fun in a easy win. Don’t get it wrong, we play to win, But sometimes the opponent is just better ore we do a stupid mistake. It is how you handle both win ore defeat thats matter. We just last week had a tough fight against the Dutch in s pb. Wrong setup an 4 new guys. We hadn’t planned to protect the port, we where only out to screen for the BF guys. But we took the fight, just for the fun. We belive we could have won, the Breaking point was we lost a 1 rate to leaks. Stupid mistake. Yes but shit happens and He is actually a good player. He get ofc a lot of smoke for the mistake, like we trades pumps to him, ore other stuff. But we never blamed him for the lose.

45 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@Grundgemunkey you talk rubbish... My clan is BCC, a true gentleman's club, which is mostly inactive nowadays. Never seen any of my clan mates alienate anyone.

People get alienated due to consequences of their own actions. We are mature and civilized players, we won't insult anyone. Good day to you. 

really .. your carebear clan  play alienated lots  ...you indeed were alienated due to your own actions ..... if someone telling you you are trash .. upsets your delicate sensibilities .. you need to as the thread title suggests take a look at yourself ... good day to you

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

B6B43179006CBF9DFA690739D7861F0A74A3AA6B

. this is the battle that started the thread ...... funny how those that wouldnt come on TS and were posting .. "chill out i dont need to be on TS its only a game " .. didnt get beaten to dearh they didnt lose their ships .. because they didnt get close enough to engage .. and as we started to lose ships because they were not on ts .. playing as a team they just hit the escape button .. also look at those that escaped the ships they were sailing.. these players are from the same clans that call .. the guys from exile and others  EGO balloons ...

its not about  ego its about giving yourself a chance

Where are all the ga clan guys? They said it was my responsibility to defend kpr yet I don't see them. Maybe dk will attack santanilas this weekend. 

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Where are all the ga clan guys? They said it was my responsibility to defend kpr yet I don't see them. Maybe dk will attack santanilas this weekend. 

Well if it kicked some spirits tothe nation, all fine by me. Whit there numbers, they should be the powerhouse of the Cariabbeb.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, AeRoTR said:

are you hello kittying serius? i have been in GB for a couple of months just to find the same problem we got in spain 6 months ago. I cant understand why there are 2 clans with more than 100 people but i cant see their names in any PB, i cant understand why there are 2 clans with more than 100 people and all the PVP/RVR activity is always lead by the same people. do a favor to the nation and start doing PVP/RVR or move to the PVE server.

btw you should stop complaining about people leaving nation and stop pushing other to do the same in nation chat because that is nothing to be glad.

44 minutes ago, Trashumi Fujiwara said:

are you hello kittying serius? i have been in GB for a couple of months just to find the same problem we got in spain 6 months ago. I cant understand why there are 2 clans with more than 100 people but i cant see their names in any PB, i cant understand why there are 2 clans with more than 100 people and all the PVP/RVR activity is always lead by the same people. do a favor to the nation and start doing PVP/RVR or move to the PVE server.

btw you should stop complaining about people leaving nation and stop pushing other to do the same in nation chat because that is nothing to be glad.

We miss you... 

When I started playing this game I used to ponder why people were screaming at me in port battles and questioning what I was doing.  But I could see through the strong language to see that these guys were trying to help me learn.  I'm no wallflower and can take being called every name under the sun if I think I'm going to learn something.  I am lucky to have sailed with some of the good players that GB nation has lost recently.  I learned from them.  Not enough yet because I am still a 'noob' in terms of knowing every skill available to me (a bit like using 10% of my brain capacity).  It's a shame I won't get chance to sail with those guys now because people sometimes get passion to win mixed up with frustration with newer players.

I've seen Hachi giving stuff to newer players on Nation chat and a couple of my clan can attest to getting PVP marks off the back of advice from Mr Pellew and members of Exile clan.

Our clan SALTP was called trash once or twice but we just took it as a challenge to improve.

I am sorry to see all the players go that have gone recently as it's a bit like throwing away our best chance to improve.  Not to say that I agreed with everything that came out of their mouths or how it was delivered but hey I would rather have someone who recognises my failings and tell me than turn up and lose every time.

If you sail with me, you have permission to rip in to me on TS (yes I'm always on TS) because the chance you might help make me a winner is more important to me.

I know I will now meet these guys on opposite sides but if they choose to provide advice anyway I will listen because I'm not afraid to hear the truth.

;)

• Like 5

There are just lots of different interest from lots of players. It will always be hard to get all to fit together. No one have more ore less right to there gameplay, as long they stay inside the rules,  set up by the game. But even if ppl disagree, ppl should be able to find a common way.

We can just take me and DNP. Few have noticed that I actually not are in DNP anymore. Why is that? 

DNP has a certain dna. They have a more casual organisation, and don’t get that confused with not be prepared. I belive there should be s stronger structure in the organisation, so we stod better in the RvR. But insted of keeping fighting in the clan, I changed to another clan,(The hardest one in NA, to get in to). Why leave, simple I had to respect the dna of DNP, but also be in a clan, closer to my belive. 

There was also minor disagrement on some strategy. So we agreed on we dissgre. So by not be in the clan, I felt more free not to take part in the part I didn’t agree on.

The first week ore two,  I guess was a bit Strange for us all. But if we look today don’t think ppl think over it. I am no less part of things, neither in PvP, RvR ore if we do some PvE content. I need a book and they have it, I get it. I have a book, they need they get it and so one. My son stayed in DNP, because there style fits him better.

Ppl just have to find a common ground and work from that. All have something to bring to the table. But if a nation splits and ppl leave, it will take a long time to rebuild. Just take a look at Denmark. It have taken us abouth 4 month to get where we are. I am also sure if you ask some who left for Russia, they had a bit of work ahead of them.