Game-Labs Forum

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

admin

14 hours ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Still dropping to 3 knots:

7 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

yall going 3kts. im going 2 still. 

Were there any perks/modules, fleet ships etc. that reduce maximum speed?

1. Hidden names is OW - probably one of the best changes so far, make it all exciting again ! :)

2. Another great change is opening reinforcement zone battles for longer. This creates opportunity for big battles  ! :) Yesterday we had people joining battle for over 30 mins ! 

Great fights yesterday, lost two ships although amount of fun was worth more than ships :D

Thanks devs :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cr33D said:

Great fights yesterday, lost two ships although amount of fun was worth more than ships :D

Yeah it was fun! Until i got boarded then the mother of all stern rakes happened :(

Watching 200 crew, Rudder and Magazine go red while being put on fire was like.... :o

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, z4ys said:

did we get a new RoE? Becuase the battle in the pvp event area was open all the time as well and allowed to enter even on the side with way less BR

We changed reinforcement zones rules for testing. Battles use positional entry and greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

Yeah it was fun! Until i got boarded then the mother of all stern rakes happened :(

Watching 200 crew, Rudder and Magazine go red while being put on fire was like.... :o

I enjoyed it. My girlfriend was like "what whats happened?" while I was on the phone to her going "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shitttttttttttt"

• Like 2

So building ships with 5 permanent upgrade slots was a bug? I just had upgraded my shipyard to level 3 and thought, after I built an Indiaman (info card in orange instead of blue), this was the effect of a level 3 shipyard in comparison to level 2. So, today I built on the same shipyard a Trincomalee and the result was a 3 permanent upgrade version. Due to latest patch, I guess. So what is the sense of updating shipyards if no benefits come from it? I thought it makes sense, 5 instead of 3 slots for all the investments of iron ingots, oak and stone.

1 minute ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

So building ships with 5 permanent upgrade slots was a bug? I just had upgraded my shipyard to level 3 and thought, after I built an Indiaman (info card in orange instead of blue), this was the effect of a level 3 shipyard in comparison to level 2. So, today I built on the same shipyard a Trincomalee and the result was a 3 permanent upgrade version. Due to latest patch, I guess. So what is the sense of updating shipyards if no benefits come from it? I thought it makes sense, 5 instead of 3 slots for all the investments of iron ingots, oak and stone.

So you can build 1st rates. :)

3 hours ago, maturin said:

Tall ships don't have consistent silhouettes. Sails and masts are constantly shifting position. Open rails can be replaced by barricades, quarter and stern galleries can be removed, and the topsides may be obscured by hammock nettings.

In a given decade the proportions of masts and yards was standardized for naval vessels. Rig details could give hints about vessel nationality, just like the OW right now.

History is replete with examples of officers mistaking frigates for ships of the line, sloops for frigates, and merchantmen for men of war.

So looking through a telescope will not tell you the ship type, well then you have rocks in your head an you have taken the game beyond belief.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ink said:

we are checking the recent reports related to the cirle in pvp missions

Awesome, that issue aside the pvp missions are tons of fun even if they aren’t particularly balanced from people jumping sides. Most fun I’ve had losing and sinking ships in awhile!

2 hours ago, Cr33D said:

1. Hidden names is OW - probably one of the best changes so far, make it all exciting again ! :)

2. Another great change is opening reinforcement zone battles for longer. This creates opportunity for big battles  ! :) Yesterday we had people joining battle for over 30 mins ! 

Thanks devs :)

Hide your name or whatever you do. I am going to catch you alone in a proper ship !

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Oh. Guess its a Good Time to Try PvP again.

Maybe now there will be some actual Fights and not just Ganking Squads hunting New Players...

Hope you are joking current patrol is all about ganking

55 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Hope you are joking current patrol is all about ganking

What is your definition of a gank? If you get 3 ships jumping on you 1v1 then either kite until someone shows (battles in the zone stay open) or surrender your ship and spare wasted time to you and everyone in battle. You read the warning, you know you're very likely to not come out of these battles alive. That's why they're so good, it's PVP without the BS that is speed and repair mods. It's quite literally the Colouseum  of NA.

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

What is your definition of a gank? If you get 3 ships jumping on you 1v1 then either kite until someone shows (battles in the zone stay open) or surrender your ship and spare wasted time to you and everyone in battle. You read the warning, you know you're very likely to not come out of these battles alive. That's why they're so good, it's PVP without the BS that is speed and repair mods. It's quite literally the Colouseum  of NA.

And that should be NAL and has nothing to do with NA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forta said:

I don't think shipyard level was somehow tied to possibility of crafting 5/5

It should. - My opinion. Reflecting the higher professionalism on a larger shipyard, which I imagine to have more machinery and shipbuilders, a construction planning department, and what else.

Too bad if it is true and only improvement over a level 2 shipyard is you can construct 1st rates, then I would not have upgraded at all, because I feel comfortable in the heavy frigate field, 5th rate.

• Like 1